Board upgrade...?

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.
Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Board upgrade...?

Post by Spaz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Looking back, it's been a little over three years since the domain was changed and the phpBB version was upgraded. Based on what I'm seeing here: https://www.phpbb.com/about/launch/ . I'm wondering if any future upgrades are being planned...?

I think particularly the updated quotes feature could be useful, especially in long running threads. And, of course, the emoji functionality could liven things up.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Re: Board upgrade...?

Post by Spaz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Just wanted to reiterate this again, since it's been a year, and now there are a healthy amount of maintenance updates as well. https://www.phpbb.com/about/launch/

EmojiEmoji!
Thanks to our brand-new BBCode parser your users can now make use of the entire Emoji keyboard when posting on your board. From a lovely grin to a pink unicorn, Emoji can liven up all posts on your board!

PHP7 SupportPHP 7 Support
PHP 7 works twice as fast as previous PHP versions. We have modified phpBB to now completely support this new release of PHP (both 7.0 and 7.1) so you can enjoy all these performance advantages.

Clever quotesClever Quotes
We've improved the quoting system to show a link to the quoted post and post author. The full time and date of the quoted post is now also available to get all the information in one glance.

Easy updatingEasy Updating
With our brand new installer updating will be easier than ever in phpBB 3.2! Upload a single folder to your board and all your files will automatically be replaced.

reCAPTCHA 2.0reCAPTCHA 2.0
With phpBB 3.2 now including the industry standard by using Google's newest and strongest API, you will have an even better protection against spambots than before.

NotificationsImproved Notifications
With us completely refactoring the notifications system in phpBB 3.2, notifications now work faster and more efficiently. This change also reduces the posting time to be almost instantaneous.

FontAwesomeFontAwesome Icons
Using CSS driven icons from FontAwesome, we now have more intuitive icons with retina quality all across phpBB as well as considerably improving the speed of page loads.

SymfonySymfony 2.8
Having introduced Symfony components in our last release, phpBB 3.2 has now upgraded to be built on Symfony 2.8 allowing us to use their latest cutting-edge developments.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Kube²
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Kube² » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:51 pm

I don't know if i'm the only one but when I log in the forum the pretty black/purple stylish graphics of the site disappear and is replace with the booooring light blues whitish kind of normal phpBB forum graphic style, is that normal ?

Blox_242
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Blox_242 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:56 pm

You can switch your board style to my FBC-Purplexion style under your board preferences in the user control panel, yours is probably set to prosilver which is why it changes when you login.

Kube²

Post by Kube² » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:55 pm

perfect !
thx