May fictional people visit?

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.

May fictional people, played by other members, join the conversation here?

Great idea! Yeah!
20%
Seems okay to me.
30%
Hmm... kind of cheesy, but if other people don't object I won't either.
47%
No, I don't think you should do that.
No votes
I will leave the board if people do that.
3%

Total votes: 30

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

May fictional people visit?

Post by ehy » Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:23 pm

I had an interesting thought.

Before I share it, I just want to say thanks to the creators of this board... I was skeptical about the layout when I first saw it, but it does seem to have brought out some smart and interesting people - and left behind the annoyances. Some great discussions have happened and continue to happen.

That said... I was rewriting my IPM stories web site ('cuz I felt like writing android, but didn't feel like working on any of the stories I'm writing), and thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be interesting to have Bethany or Lianna on the message board so they could actually interact with real people, rather than just the canned Q&As on the web site?" It might even be interesting in the context of some of those discussions I was just mentioning - how would an android-of-my-imagining actually respond?

Of course, it would really be me - not a separate person, like Voodoo. (I'm not so lucky as to have a girlfriend who's into this, right now.) I'd be "playing" her, writing her messages in her voice. But I've heard that some people think that's kind of cheesy, so I figured I'd see what people think of the idea before leaping in. (I would also keep contributing in my own voice, of course.)

I'd be happy to see others do the same, of course - I wouldn't have suggested it, otherwise - so I ask the question in a general way. But I may as well also ask - if you think the idea in principle is good, are there particular androids I've written (or other members have created) that you'd like to see here?

EHY

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:46 pm

I am glad to hear that you are settling into this board :)

I do not know much about roleplay, but I do know there seems to be quite a few in the community who take part in RP activities. Perhaps, if there is enough interest, we could add a RP forum for visitors, players, and characters to interact. Thoughts?

Otaru Mamiya
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Otaru Mamiya » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:35 pm

It sounds fine. I remember those from the older boards and they were fun to read. They should probably get their own forum so that people don't complain about them taking up space on other forums.
"Don't sweat the petty things... don't pet the sweaty things..."

tectile

Post by tectile » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:14 am

The idea of a seperate RP area has been discussed before and I think the idea of just puting "RP" in the subject line is the easiest way to go. This makes it easy to sort through the posts and just ignore the RP stuff if you arn't interested in reading it.

I for one enjoy reading a little RP stuff every now and then.
The ocasional posts from Buffybot and the staff at BRU are very entertaining.

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:58 pm

I think we should have an RP section like we do with stories. :D

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by ehy » Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:55 am

Hmm... my original thought was less "roleplay" oriented (at least, as I understand people to use the term around here) and more discussion oriented. Kind of like my website (IPM Story Showroom, http://www.geocities.com/ipmstories/) has a section where the guide android answers "questions," but with real interactivity where people and the androids can engage in actual discussion.

I have no problem with more traditional roleplay (if that's not an oxymoron) of course, but that seems to me to be something more often done privately, and in chat rather than discussion board format.

Sounds like there isn't much objection either way, though, so I'm going to consider myself free to have an android chime in. If it annoys you, feel free to let me know. (One nice thing about androids - tell them to shut up, and they do.)

EHY

Saotome Kazuya

Post by Saotome Kazuya » Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:16 pm

Do it, then we can find all the people who complain and make fun of them again. :D

Otaru Mamiya

Post by Otaru Mamiya » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:29 am

I have no complaints about RPing either here or in the chat. I might even try it eventually. It seems odd though that with all of the people who are into AIs that noone has written (or maybe noone knows how to write) an IRC chat bot to run in the channel when noone else is there. It would be interesting to see someone who doesn't have to RP being a robot.
"Don't sweat the petty things... don't pet the sweaty things..."