New movie page template?

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.

New movie page template?

Postby FaceoffFembot » Thu May 12, 2016 12:48 pm

So I thought, instead of redirecting towards pages that weren't and will probably never be redacted, why not put all the information about movies and other productions on a single, streamlined page? I've messed around the Surrogates movie page, what do you think?

http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=Gallery/Surrogates

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Re: New movie page template?

Postby Robotman » Thu May 12, 2016 1:37 pm

That looks really cool. And I'm glad to see some more work being done on FW. :)

But I remember the idea behind separating gallery pages from articles about those TV shows and movies was actually to encourage people to write articles too. It looks like that hasn't worked like I intended over the years that FW has been up, so maybe this is the better way to go.

If people want to write short articles inside those gallery pages (using Faceoff's Surrogates page as an example) then go right ahead. Also, feel free to merge existing articles about TV shows and movies like this one into galleries. But be aware that some articles named after TV shows or movies are actually about characters, like this one. In that case the article should stay separate.

Postby darkbutflashy » Thu May 12, 2016 3:19 pm

I think what we need is a better gallery interface. Having it all in one page is not visually appealing, and that's why people won't edit. If it looks like if it could break any second, you better don't touch.

Can we have custom javascripts, please? For another project, I have made a rather minimal script that allow to have the typical "pop-up gallery". I could tweak it for our needs, too.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Fri May 13, 2016 6:48 am

Unfortunately, a couple of things on FW still aren't working properly (animated gif thumbnails for one) and until they're fixed, I don't want to start adding new features. I also can't afford to have any more work done right now, so things are going to be in limbo for a while.

Postby FaceoffFembot » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:25 am

JSYK, me uploading the poster of the movie Chappie onto the wiki was not a fluke. I was trying to make its page more than a bare-bones collection of vidcaps, as I have done before for Surrogates and Total Recall (2012).

Return to Comments