Gallery upload issues

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.
Korby
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Gallery upload issues

Post by Korby » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:19 am

I seem to be having some trouble uploading an image to the gallery. When I try, the upload page tells me that the image height and width are invalid (which they are, to my knowledge, not--well below the limit of 1024px in both cases).

Any ideas on what the problem might be?
"Oh shut up Ray don't talk about gettin' with a robot
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef
http://achewood.com

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:22 am

I don't know if it's a related issue, but just now I had to sign in with my username and password for the first time ever (since the start of this board). I have always been automatically registered, until today. What's going on? Just a glitch?

Korby

Post by Korby » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:08 am

Okay, problem solved. I guess I must not have read very carefully last time; it was telling me the thumbnail size was invalid (somehow, I slipped up and had the thumbnail at 91x91 px). Once I fixed the thumbnail size, it all uploaded with no problem. Cancel red alert.
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:09 pm

I need a better desc of the problem you guys are having (noid, Kishin). Which browser are you using and from which point are you attemting to log in (the forums or the gallery)? Any details will help me to resolve this issue more quickly.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:57 pm

IE 6.0 Keep getting the same thing. Used to be I'd just click the homepage button which sent me to the message board and I'd already be logged in. Now I get the little box at the bottom asking for username and password. So I fill it in repeatedly and keep getting rejected. So then I ask for a new password, it gets emailed to me. I try that one, and after a few attempts it finally catches. I click the box 'log me on automatically for each visit' but it doesn't work. Then I go through the whole process again. GRRRRR.

Korby

Post by Korby » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:19 pm

Oddly enough, back to the original topic... it appears that the image in question, along with two others I uploaded at the same time, have not shown up yet in the gallery. I understand the need to validate the images and all, but in the past that process hasn't usually taken very long (like, usually within hours). I'm suddenly wondering if I screwed something else up in trying to upload them.

Apologies if this is something that should have been addressed in private email; I wasn't sure which of our august Figures of Authority might be best to bring the problem to.
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:55 pm

I just validated them.

It has probably taken longer than usual for us to get to them because there is a bit of a backlog in there of images still in need of thumbnails and multiples which need to be sorted and cleared out. We try our best to validate images ASAP but it is not always possible.

Korby

Post by Korby » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:24 am

Thanks. I understand it takes time; I just had noticed in the past that it usually happened fairly quickly. My only concern was that in a fit of temporary incompetence I had somehow screwed up the process and failed to actually upload them. :)
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:36 am

Two things:

One: THANK YOU KOS! For adding the link to the Gallery (or at least pointing me in the right direction ;) )

Two: (damn, forgot what #2 was!)

No, wait, now I remember...thanks for uploading my recent pix to the Gallery, even though I'd massively screwed up and submitted them twice (sorry for making you guys work extra hard on fixing MY screw-up :oops: )

Having a senior moment:
C'mon over & check out my other webpage:

The First Church Of Buster

And, the homepage:

Mythbusters Fan Club.com