Technobiff questions for clever internetters...

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.
BA2
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Technobiff questions for clever internetters...

Post by BA2 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:24 am

Not so much a comment as some questions I've been wondering about regarding how the board works... I hope they're not too stupid!

1. How long do PMs take to deliver? I've send a detailed PM relating to a separate email email and noticed the PM hasn't moved from my outbox, is that normal? No I need to do anything else?

2. Does anyone know why I can't post or PM from my iPhone (using the TouchBB 'light' app) I'm logged in and can read posts etc but cannot contribute...

Advice gratefully received!

BA2
Identification: Human

Re: Technobiff questions for clever internetters...

Post by BA2 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:29 am

Thanks Robotman!

Didn't know that about PMs - makes sense.

The (free) Touch BB app works well for reading the board, a bit less fiddly than scrolling around the full site on a teeny-tiny screen, but I can revert to Safari to post now that I know that's what I need to do.

Cheers for the quick accurate reply and hats off to you and the other mods for all your efforts here - if only real life was as well run!

Hola_guy
Identification: Android

Post by Hola_guy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:40 pm

"2. Does anyone know why I can't post or PM from my iPhone (using the TouchBB 'light' app) I'm logged in and can read posts etc but cannot contribute..."

Now, I don't have any of the fancy quote or text features, but I'm actually replying to your thread from TouchBB Light on my iPhone. Are you sure the app is the problem? Maybe it isn't supported for a specific model iPhone (Apple is notorious for this, trying to get you to pay to upgrade)?

gynoneko
Identification: Cyborg

Post by gynoneko » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Hey guys, I don't think it's only me, but I recently got a new iPad, and the app I had on my old iPad, namely TouchBB (the pay for version) is gone from the App Store. In fact, the free version is missing too, so I can't download it. Anyone know about this? If it is really gone, maybe we should just remove the prompt we get every time we access the site on an iOS device.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May