Periodic outages

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.

Periodic outages

Postby Spaz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:56 pm

For the past several days, I have encountered sporadic outages where I cannot access the forum at all. One of them occured mere seconds ago.

Is there something wrong with the servers? Or, am I the only one encountering this problem?
“Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness” - Karen Nave

Check out my stories: http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz#My_stories

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles - Season Two (In Development)

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Re: Periodic outages

Postby Robotman » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Our hosting company was bought by a larger company a few years ago. What this means for service is that the larger company who bought them can't give two shits about performance because they only look at how much money is coming in. FembotWiki and my blog are with the same hosting company and there have been problems with service on those sites too.

The latest outage a few days ago was when one of their Cisco routers blew. They made a post about it on a status blog and even said that they had known it was going to go soon. WTF???

Today they are having problems in the same geographical area as well, so I'm guessing there will be connection shenanigans for people trying to use this site for a while. :?

Return to Comments