Better Story Organization

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.

Better Story Organization

Postby msubmissive » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:49 pm

I feel it would be a great improvement to have the stories placed and organized into different categories such as tf, non/consensual etc. or at the very least have tags in the story posts.
on an unrelated note, If anyone is reading this then I'd like to inform you that I'm very interested in that sub-genre of forced transformation of a girl to a cyborg/robot with very detailed descriptions of the transformation process. If any of you would be kind enough to point me in the direction of those kinds of stories then I would be very appreciative.

Re: Better Story Organization

Postby dale coba » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:42 am

Who would step up to write the code?

If we don't have any skilled volunteers within FC,
should we raise funds to hire a coder?

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:49 am

FembotWiki has categories, and the story archive there is partially sorted into "built" and "transformation". But a lot more work needs to be done, and there are to few members of Fembot Central who volunteer to do work like that on FembotWiki. Image

Postby tectile » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:30 am

Perhaps a small step in the right direction would be to ask future contributors to both sites story sections to throw in some key words (or tags as mentioned above) below the title of the story to let you know what you're going to be reading. At least the new stuff would be somewhat sorted.

Example. A story recently posted on FC "Deadline" could read something like,

Male+fembot+sex+cons+built+vaginal+oral.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9856&p=57871&hilit=Deadline#p57871

This would allow the author to classify their work without relying on someone or someone's to do it for them.

I certainly wouldn't want the responsibility of classifying someone Else's work and have others count on my judgement.

There are just to many variables in some of the material around here. A story that contains a certain kind of violence may not bother me at all where it may offend someone else.

Just a thought.

Postby Propman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:41 pm

While we're at it, perhaps it would be prudent to create a sub Story forum - for discussing writing styles, story ideas, etc. The Story forum proper would be reserved for mostly posting stories.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Something like that is on FembotWiki too... nobody has ever used it.

Please be careful of the many years of dust on this link. :P

http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?tit ... g_workshop

Postby Brytestar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:18 am

The story achieve just went to pieces. :(
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

User avatarDollSpace

Postby DollSpace » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Brytestar wrote:The story achieve just went to pieces. :(

Umm, yea, sorry about that. I've been in pretty poor condition lately and have had to move round lots as well, and then my iMac crashed, and the backup failed, too, so...I'll think of something eventually. In the meantime, I think certain codes would be helpful, too, since a lot of people love transformation and a lot don't, and it's the same regarding built or not, and regarding sentience or not, or certain sexual preferences, and whatever. Maybe people can suggest codes and then I'll try to standardize them so we all know what each code signifies and will make it easier for people to read stories they're apt to like.

Postby gynoneko » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:50 am

lets see... we should include codes for more than just robot-centered things. Here are some suggestions, feel free to expand on the ideas or expunge ones that make no sense. (In no particular order):

seams, seamless, forced transformation, voluntary transformation, mind control, torture, rape, sex, cyborgs, exposed circuitry, face-plate, repair, adventure, romance, comedy, breakdown/crash, removable limbs/head, military, conspiracy, slave, harem, metal skin, secret organization, fantasy, sci-fi, space, urban, artificial blood, human-like, sentient, robot-like, jerky movement, damage, internet,

So there are some ideas, like I said, feel free to add, remove, edit, etc. If I think of more, I'll post them.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

User avatarKishin
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Kishin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:47 am

I feel its a writer's prerogative to tag and label their stories.

For example when I post work to Deviant Art they ask me to tag the pics with keywords so people can find them more easily. Problem is do I waste time trying to find as many keywords as possible to describe what I created, or do I just slap a few generic ones on the posting and go on?

As far as the stories here go, if a writer wants to tag their stories at the beginning, its great! But in no way should it be mandatory.

Writers, like artists should be more concerned with the business of writing and not worry that the story may not appeal to certain people. Tagging might actually cause people to pass on stories, for example: Forced-Transformation. Based on the consensus in the past, most members of this community are not big fans of FT, and might avoid reading what might be a well-written, or exciting piece. Likewise labelling it Fanfiction or dropping the name of an anime series in the tag might also turn readers away for fear of Mary Sue, or just plain lack of interest. So as good an idea as tagging a story is, it may be wiser not to do so.

Here at FC we have an established community with certain rules and ideas in place, I.E. this board is about female robots. So any story posted will have female robots in it, and really that's all the assurance I need to want to read it. I don't feel concerned that the story might have disturbing elements or revulsive content, because I know the story will contain something relevant to my interests just by its being posted here.

For myself, I am going to read any story that pops up on the board, and if the style of the prose is not to my tastes I will make that my mental tag as to whether or not I read further installments of the story. But given that there are no tags, I have no preconcieved notions of what is in the story and therefore no prejudices, misgivings or reasons not to read it.
"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today. But the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." - Isaac Asimov

Next

Return to Comments