Suggestions?

Found an interesting gallery online or added some new images to FembotWiki? Post photo-manipulations, artwork, or other visual media here.
Nathan

Suggestions?

Post by Nathan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:25 am

Hey guys me again. In an effort to poop out more art. I'm trying to do as many pieces as i can. Which in the end, some of them many end up in my portfoilo. One of the things i'm working on is redoing the whole mascot/logo for noid which will be design to fit the space in the upper left hand corner. Now I've only a few times with the first one still champing them all. So what i would like is to take your suggestions on what i should update for her. things like eye color, if she's white black, or something else. currently she's a Irish girl bot. Would u like to see her in something different then a maid outfit, should she wear make up. All that jazz. remeber this is the model everyone one will see day in and out(well when Kos comes back, i think) So think long and hard will i come up with roughs for layout purposes.

Til then

Nathan

A.N.N.
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by A.N.N. » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:53 am

I have to echo Robotman's comments. The current mascot is awesome! But hey, who's to say there isn't something better waiting in your imagination? Like Jack Burton once sais, "You never know until you try!"
A.N.N.

NatalieBayer
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by NatalieBayer » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:47 am

hear hear, id love to see what you have to offer for a new mascot, but i dont see a problem with what we have...

also do you have your art published somewhere? like flickr or deviant art?

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:45 pm

http://tekkadragon.deviantart.com/ there ya go Boo. it has a lil bit of stuff there nothing to grand atm. Most of my good pieces are kinda big for my wee lil scanner. Like i said earlier, i did make more versions of the mascot, with the first one i did still Champing them all. But i figure maybe i can get everyone's input on what they like seen new with her. I guess while i'm at it i'll list my technical abilities and art direction here.

Traditional pencil art - 16yrs

digital art 5yrs

Digital Layout and Illustration 2yrs

Programs i know: Photoshop 5.1 - CS2, Illustrator CS 2, In Design CS2, Dream Weaver 8, Fusion ex, Final Cut Pro, 3D studio Max

I still have the original pencil work of the mascot which is somewhere around here, meh i'll find it later. Currently i'm learning 3D studio max and Mudbox. Dream weaver 8 is a website making program. while i could do one for noid, ultimalely i would have to charge noid for that. It's really time consuming and a general headache to fix when the layout doesn't work right. My last term of college i'll be learning Flash. so i'll have more under my belt soon.

til then

Nathan

Post by 1001011001 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:11 pm

You've got some skillz. Good stuff, man!

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Lol thanks man! it's the main reason i didn't do Tio's contest, i didn't wanna ruin it cause of that. I respect ppl who try to do some art, even if it's just coloring someone elses work, albiet not stealing it in the process. I did look at the entries. Some looked good some need improvements, LAYERS, that's what it's all about when it comes to using Photoshop and colors. Myself would probably have at least 20 layers and spend about i wanna put it in the 14+ hours working on it. Maybe experiment with texture for good meaasure. In any case i do have a layout coming along. on a small napkin anyways. I'll throw it to good size paper to show you guys before i make any more. The layout itself has her laying on her belly. assorted tools laying around her, with a cloth covering her behind. Show some well placed panels. i was thinking of adding a pendent that has a lil bit of circuitry in it. with F.C. in the middle. I thinking of changing her hair to a slick raven black hair color, maybe make it straight? dunno, still working on it. I'll try to post it later on at nite, i have a class to get to soon.

til then

Nathan

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:03 pm

and here's the first new idea. i thew out the napkin one a while back. It seemed off to me. So i came up with this one while on my lunch break. here ya guys. I work some more. Promise to try and be alittle more messy about it.

til then

Nathan

Shot at 2008-01-26

code_author

Post by code_author » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:30 pm

:shock: In a word, SPECTACULAR!!!!
I'd say more, but I started by saying "In a word"
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Code

A.N.N.
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by A.N.N. » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:07 pm

Very nice!
A.N.N.

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:40 am

Thanks guys, not finish thou, although i've been side tracked by 3d studio max (i'll show that one when i think it's good enough.) I'm currently working on making character models. If anyone knows a good place for ref let me know please, or if you like to contribute ref (those have to be a good front and side view of a person head) for now it's just character heads, i've yet to do a full body one, but i'm getting there.

til then

Nathan