3D image from 2D photos

Found an interesting gallery online or added some new images to FembotWiki? Post photo-manipulations, artwork, or other visual media here.
robolover69000
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

3D image from 2D photos

Post by robolover69000 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Hello
I am a total amateur/novice at photo manip, but Joden found a site that has a series of photos of nude figures that have front/back, left/right side photos of each figure and I was wondering if there is some program (preferably freeware) that can take these 2D images and turn them into 3D models? Any suggestions?
Robo Lover 69000 the gynoid gynecologist.

PS
If you have a gynoid(or area one) in need of a gynecological exam
I am your man! Reasonable rates, breast exams are always free!

Re: 3D image from 2D photos

Post by 1001011001 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:53 pm

Unfortunately, there isn't. The problem is that the 2D images you're looking at are unsuitable for converting into a 3D figure. What you would need is a texture map, which puts the human skin on a blank 3D figure.

Most texture maps don't use front/rear/side profiles. Instead, they resemble what's best described as, "a person's skin being flayed open and stretched across a canvas." It's not as grotesque as it sounds, though. Here's an example of a texture map of a human to be rendered on Blender, a freeware program:

When properly applied, the map "wraps" around the 3D figure to give it a realistic appearance.

However, if you do want to try your hand a 3D humanoid figures, I recommend Daz Studio, which is free. Hope this helps.

gynoneko
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Cyborg

Re: 3D image from 2D photos

Post by gynoneko » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:01 am

I'm a 3D Artist by trade. I can say for sure that there isn't any automatic way of making a 3D image of a 2D image, it takes a lot of work. However, front back and side images (if done properly) do make very good reference material and could be turned into a 3D model, but the modeling and the textures would have to be done by hand. If you want some 3D art done, I am available for freelance work, at a price. PM me if you are interested.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May