new contributer

Found an interesting gallery online or added some new images to FembotWiki? Post photo-manipulations, artwork, or other visual media here.

new contributer

Postby Green Dragon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Hey guy long time lurker and finally poster Ive posted a few manips here the last two weeks im self thought in Gimp and sometimes Photoshop i prefer Gimp if anyone has any tips on how to do certain things with the images id be more than glad to listen and learn thank you guys :-)
i like black!!

Re: new contributer

Postby FaceoffFembot » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Nice start!

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Very cool stuff so far. :thumbsup:

There are some tutorials on FembotWiki involving GIMP, so check em out:

http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=Photo_manip_workshop#Tutorials

User avatarSilkscreen
Alternate account

Postby Silkscreen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Your seams are quite nice already. You should play with the perspective and cage transformation tools for the access ports. Love the fuel gauge. May I use it in my manips, too?

Postby D.Olivaw » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:05 pm

That's a really great start; I especially like the illumination effect inside the panels, and your choice of stock image for the robot components is really fitting. Can't wait to see more.
"So through endless twilights I dreamed and waited, though I knew not what I waited for. Then in the shadowy solitude my longing for light grew so frantic that I could rest no more, and I lifted entreating hands to the single black ruined tower that reached above the forest into the unknown outer sky. And at last I resolved to scale that tower, fall though I might; since it were better to glimpse the sky and perish, than to live without ever beholding day. " – H. P. Lovecraft

Postby --Battery-- » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

oh, nice models.
Dont forget to give fancy names to your uploads!
so, an on topic question here!
other than when transparency is present, does it makes any difference saving files in png or jpg?
I became reluctant to upload png's after seeing how heavy they are by comparison.

Postby TheShoveller » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:04 pm

I believe PNG files have less quality loss over JPG / JPEG ones, and I know PNG can save the layers individually (i.e. if I make a manip of adding seams onto a photo, then color her eyes red and lips silver as a separate layer, you'd see the final product but if you opened it up in something like GIMP you can see each individual layer plastered overtop the original base image.)

But I'm not 100% positive on that, so... anyone care to try it out?

Postby --Battery-- » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:06 pm

oooh....so THAT'S why F.O.F uploads go thru a rainbow of colors before finally loading...Interesting....

Postby FaceoffFembot » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:41 am

--Battery-- wrote:oooh....so THAT'S why F.O.F uploads go thru a rainbow of colors before finally loading...Interesting....

That's most likely because I feed my .jpgs through a lossless optimizer before uploading them, and I don't remember other peoples' doing that.

PNG supports transparency and is fully lossless, unlike JPEG which has lossy compression even at the lowest compression setting. It's not that noticeable though, since it was optimized to discard information the human eye is less likely to get, but it can sometimes get in the way of things, like in this manipulation, where it discarded part of the shadow I put under the green text on the green background, making it harder to read.

User avatarKishin
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Kishin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Very nice work!
"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today. But the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." - Isaac Asimov

Next

Return to Images