Fembot User Manual

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
Kube²
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: Fembot User Manual

Post by Kube² » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:58 pm

I have differents new ideas about this project :

Last day I take a look at a Sony Aibo user guide, it gives me a lot of new ideas for the manual.
It start with section for total beginner that don't know anything about robots and electronics as "meet Aibo" "getting started" "unapacking". It only get technical at the end.
On the Cindy manual a get technical a lot too fast (page 3)
I think a should write a first chapter focused on the capabilities of the robot without talking about hardware (introduction, Commands, abilities, preparation, first activation, fonctionnement modes and so on). Then a second chapter that is only about hardware, customisation, programming...)

Also, I think It would be a great to add a troubleshooting section near the end, a kind of "is she broken ?" if she take water do this, if she crash this way do this, check this ...
It can be write like a small malfunction/repair story each time.

:arrow: In conclusion I think I will change the organisation of the manual, page 3 and 4 will be move further in the manual and I will add new pages at the beginning.

Also I think I need differents heads. Until now, I always manip the same girl, but I'm somehow hesitant about that:

-->In one side this is good to have always the same girl, at less at the beginning of the manual. It help to show that the same robot can do a lot of different things.
I think it also help people (potentiel buyer) to see the robot a little more like a real and unique person.
-->On the other side, "Cindy" is not the name of a single robot girl, "Cindy" is a trademark for a line of robot produced by a company, and you can use different faceplate for them.

I think tha the good solution is to start the manual with always the same girl for exemple for section "introduction" "getting started". Then later I will introduce customisation and different faceplate, and I will use them on the next pages.

:arrow: After the question is what should be the proportion between "always the same girl" or "a different faceplate each time". I really need to know if you like the girl face ? Is she ok for you? pretty enough ? looks robotic enough (blank stare) ?

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: Fembot User Manual

Post by dale coba » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:03 pm

When we get there, the ads will be about visualizing and describing ways you would interact with your expensive purchase. Some ads will show people using bots, and others will show people enjoying the illusion that theirs is a real person. Example: "Picture yourself in the arms your very own Cindy". Not the practical, engineering, or even rational part of the sales pitch.

There will be movie premiere tie-ins to the product.
What way could be better, to make people see how they could and might use one?

Finally, the faces will be of beautiful, famous, real celebrities.

Those last two ideas will be irresistible to the Marketing department.
They'll drive you out of the company, if you try to stop them.
(I'm just sayin', that's how the Suits always act.)

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]