As Seen On TV

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
Robjoe
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Re: As Seen On TV

Post by Robjoe » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:05 am

Honestly, I could see myself getting pretty embarrassed about a story in a few years' time as well. That happens with a lot of things I make these days. Comes with territory of perfectionism.

DollSpace, I know how that feels. I'm in the process of collecting and organizing ideas for a story idea I've had sitting around for a while, and it's just so hard to actually force myself to sit down and work on it. I really do want to see it through, too, as it's a type of story I really love (first-person from the android's perspective), but rarely see anyone attempt.

RoxxyRobofox
Identification: Human

Post by RoxxyRobofox » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:47 am

DollSpace wrote:Congratulations, you've just managed to generate a *huge* interest in your story by doing hardly nothing! lol.. Like they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity. :) If you really don't want to repost the original, maybe you could revise it and post and updated version? I'd be interested in seeing that!

Now if I could only follow my own advice and start writing again, maybe I wouldn't feel like a hypocrite every time I suggest writing or re-writing a story to people lol!
It's gone. Seriously, I've said this before. It's not squirreled away on my PC or anything. It's literally completely obliterated off the face of the Earth. I don't even have a copy of Hobby Model on my PC anymore. EDIT: And I even like how Hobby Model turned out. You can still read it here. :P

Grendizer

Post by Grendizer » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Then don't revise it. Rewrite it. I remember reading the story; the idea was solid. If you decide to keep writing, eventually you will get better. You may be surprised how well a rewrite might turn out.
If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free.

My Stories: Teacher: Lesson 1, Teacher: Lesson 2, Quick Corruptions, A New Purpose

RoxxyRobofox

Post by RoxxyRobofox » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:20 pm

I could re-write it, but do you know what happens when you attempt to take something people remember fondly and then try to remake it using a different writing style and fueled by hasy memories of the past?

Episode 1 happens.

Honestly, I'd just rather have something people remember fondly then chance messing it up by trying to write it better.

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:41 am

You never know until you try!
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

RoxxyRobofox

Post by RoxxyRobofox » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:09 pm

Alriiiight already! ;_; You guys are so pushy!

After consulting an undead hag, solving the Eternal Puzzle of Komthar, winning at Dwarf Fortress and interrogating every single one of my internet friends I have scraped together a complete copy of 'As Seen On TV'. But it's getting a HUGE touch up before it sees the light of day again, and it won't happen right away. But it will happen eventually, provided you pester me enough to do so.

Wait-wait-wait I didn't mean that last pa-*submit*

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:45 pm

DarkRexx wrote:Alriiiight already! ;_; You guys are so pushy!

After consulting an undead hag, solving the Eternal Puzzle of Komthar, winning at Dwarf Fortress and interrogating every single one of my internet friends I have scraped together a complete copy of 'As Seen On TV'. But it's getting a HUGE touch up before it sees the light of day again, and it won't happen right away. But it will happen eventually, provided you pester me enough to do so.

Wait-wait-wait I didn't mean that last pa-*submit*
(prepares pestering ray)

:mrgreen:
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"

Kalaen

Post by Kalaen » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:42 am

Yeah i deff will add to this pestering.

Robjoe

Post by Robjoe » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:25 am

I'd like to ask: Is revising this what you want to be doing?

Not to kill any motivation you might have, but if this isn't what you want to be doing, then you don't need to do it. I've basically put my first story idea on hold because I can't get enough good ideas for it, or even work out a few issues I have with it. At this point, all I want to work on is the second story I had in mind because it just keeps growing and I can't stop thinking about it. If I forced myself to work on the first now, it wouldn't end up very good because my heart wouldn't be in it, so I'm letting it sit until I can get it on the level of the second, or else I'll just incorporate the ideas I had for it into the second (or maybe it can be a cheap robo-smut interlude between parts of the longer, more thought-provoking story). But no matter what I do, I want my heart to be in it so I can do a respectable job. If you want to rewrite 'As Seen On TV', then that's fantastic, and I look forward to reading it when you're finished. If not, then don't sweat it. I know how it feels to want to see something done, but not want to actually do it, and forcing myself in these situations never feels right.

On a completely unreleated note, I just want back and reread 'Hobby Model', and it's still pretty great. Short and sweet with great subtle cues to the character's robotic nature.

RoxxyRobofox

Post by RoxxyRobofox » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Robjoe wrote:I'd like to ask: Is revising this what you want to be doing?

Not to kill any motivation you might have, but if this isn't what you want to be doing, then you don't need to do it. I've basically put my first story idea on hold because I can't get enough good ideas for it, or even work out a few issues I have with it. At this point, all I want to work on is the second story I had in mind because it just keeps growing and I can't stop thinking about it. If I forced myself to work on the first now, it wouldn't end up very good because my heart wouldn't be in it, so I'm letting it sit until I can get it on the level of the second, or else I'll just incorporate the ideas I had for it into the second (or maybe it can be a cheap robo-smut interlude between parts of the longer, more thought-provoking story). But no matter what I do, I want my heart to be in it so I can do a respectable job. If you want to rewrite 'As Seen On TV', then that's fantastic, and I look forward to reading it when you're finished. If not, then don't sweat it. I know how it feels to want to see something done, but not want to actually do it, and forcing myself in these situations never feels right.

On a completely unreleated note, I just want back and reread 'Hobby Model', and it's still pretty great. Short and sweet with great subtle cues to the character's robotic nature.
Well, like I said in my last post, it's something that's not going to happen right away, because while it's something I want to do and it's definitely in my thoughts, it's not something I'm currently motivated to work at. But it will get done. I'm currently thinking 1-2 month timeline.

LongTimeLurker

Post by LongTimeLurker » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:07 pm

DukeNukem 2417 wrote:(prepares pestering ray)
sets 'pestering ray' to 'noodge'

Soo.... do we have an ETA? :mrgreen:

DollSpace

Post by DollSpace » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 pm

LongTimeLurker wrote:
DukeNukem 2417 wrote:(prepares pestering ray)
sets 'pestering ray' to 'noodge'

Soo.... do we have an ETA? :mrgreen:
I think the ETA is vague, but there: sometime within the next two months. I expect one day we will come onto this board and be pleasantly surprised by a wonderful rewrite of this suddenly very popular story!

mtm12

Post by mtm12 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks for considering the rewrite. I think it'll turn out great!

Lithorien
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Lithorien » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:24 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoxxyRobofox

Post by RoxxyRobofox » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Okay. Bad news.

I gotta come clean. When I promised As Seen was coming back, I have to admit that I was motivated more by peer pressure then I was my own desires. I get inspired to write, I pull up As Seen On TV and then the desire just drains out of me. So I'm really sorry, I know people were excited but it's looking like it will not happen. Hopefully you'll like the next thing I write though.

LongTimeLurker

Post by LongTimeLurker » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:56 pm

You're certainly not under any obligation to do as the forum demands (unfortunately :cry: ) but I know we'll enjoy whatever you do write.

Maybe you can take the parts you like from 'As Seen' and work them into a new story? Spiritual successor and all that?

Lithorien
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Lithorien » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:59 am

DarkRexx wrote:Okay. Bad news.

I gotta come clean. When I promised As Seen was coming back, I have to admit that I was motivated more by peer pressure then I was my own desires. I get inspired to write, I pull up As Seen On TV and then the desire just drains out of me. So I'm really sorry, I know people were excited but it's looking like it will not happen. Hopefully you'll like the next thing I write though.
...naturally. Well, thanks for the effort, anyway. It's too bad a great story goes to the flame.

RoxxyRobofox

Post by RoxxyRobofox » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Problems, FBC? >: D Then you might wanna check out the first post~

Kalaen

Post by Kalaen » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Very nice, Hats Off To You Sir! Thanks for the change of heart.

RoxxyRobofox

Post by RoxxyRobofox » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:41 am

Kalaen wrote:Very nice, Hats Off To You Sir! Thanks for the change of heart.
Not so much a change of heart as it was... a fabrication of real events~!

LongTimeLurker

Post by LongTimeLurker » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:31 am

I'm glad you posted this, as I missed it the first time around! And this definitely fills my bingo card of "What I look for in ASFR'. Kudos!