Can't Get That Song Outta My Head - Version 7.1

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
ButchyBoy

Can't Get That Song Outta My Head - Version 7.1

Post by ButchyBoy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:45 pm

Cricket kept guiding the service droid along the seemingly endless corridoors of the arena, looking for Harry. She suddenly stopped when a constant beeping noise went off in her head. It was Dr. Stevens trying to contact her. Cricket tugged on on her right ear lobe twice and the beeping stopped.

"Yes, Betty?" the robot girl asked in a wisper.

"Cricket, it isn't much, but I was able to piece together bits of Erin's memory from her last few hours. Are you able to recieve a download?"

"Yes, Betty but hurry. Someone is sure to trace this."

"I'm transmitting now, then I'll disconnect. Good Luck."

Once she got Betty's download, Cricket played it back. It was mostly audio pops, hisses and crackles, but between all the noise and distortion, she was able to make out bits of conversation.

"Come on everybody, we only have four days to make this work........Yeah, I talked to him......That's nice of you to say Mark but.......Give him a chance.........Jas......you doing?"

And that was all. Didn't seem much to go on, Cricket thought. She reached into her purse, and took out a small screwdriver. She carfully insereted it into her right ear to adjust the gain on her audio receptors. It still was quite a bit of noise but Cricket was able to hear a whole sentance. It was actually a question. And it was asked in a rather flat, un-emotional tome of voice.

"Jason, what are you doing?"

Cricket took that question to be a clue. But just where did this clue fit into the puzzle she was trying to solve? Cricket pondered it when she heard something new. It sounded like....a piano. Making sure the coast was clear, Cricket climbed out of the service droid and sent it on its pre-programmed way. Then she followed the sound of the piano. It seemed to be coming from behind a door marked "Rehersal Hall". Could she hear singing too? The robotic girl carefully swung the door open to a rather dimly lit room. And there at the end of the room was a young girl in long hair of pink, playing the piano, not noticing Cricket enter. The music coming from the piano sounded beautiful and melodic to Cricket's ears. Her eyes widened when she realized who was at that piano. It was Electra Storm.

DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:53 pm

A CHILD GONE FOREVER

Sky...crystal blue sky
It's not a day you expect to cry
Fly...like a butterfly
Someday soon your wings will dry
But till you open them up to the sun
Your cries of sadness will haunt everyone

One day will come the rain
With its tired old refrain
And soon all that will remain
Is the cry of a child that's gone forever...

Fall...stumble and fall
Into a world where you've seen it all
Call...your lonely call
When you're feeling hurt and small
But till you open your wings to the sun
Your cries of sadness will haunt everyone

Again will come the pain

A dream of innocence, ripped away
A fragile heart afraid to stay
A urgent plea for love to come
And warm your heart underneath the sun...

Or one day will come the rain
Is the cry of a child...
And again will come the pain
The cry of a child that's gone forever...
The cry of a child...

© 2004 Taryn Alynn

ButchyBoy

Post by ButchyBoy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:34 am

Next...version 7.2 and much revealed. Thank you soooooooo much to Taryn for contribting her song to this story.