Just an idea.....

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
fection

Just an idea.....

Post by fection » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:13 pm

Hi there.
I've only recently procured a copy of The Stepford Wives (though I've rented it on video several times before) and seeing it again has made me realise that it really is 'core' to my fascination with malfunctioning mechanical maidens. Also news of a remake has made me wonder if the powers that be will do just that (a remake) or a kind of sequel/retelling. I think there is scope for a 'based-now' sequel (ignoring the ACTUAL sequels) and was wondering if there would be any interest in reading a story like that.
Failing that, is anyone even remotely interested in my 'Candy' series, or is that all a bit 'old hat'? I know it's usually the case that stories don't get a great deal of reaction (I am also guilty of this, though often because others' stories are a bit too sexual in nature for my prudish tastes), but I find it easy to think that my 'malfunctioning stories' are actually UNwanted. It seems like many people find the notion of an android malfunctioning unattractive, or an attack on androids in general. Is that the case?
Thank you for your time.
'And...........I'm................spent'.
fection.

dubhdanaidh

Missing work

Post by dubhdanaidh » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:36 pm

:?:
Last edited by dubhdanaidh on Sat May 09, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tectile

Post by tectile » Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:33 am

Hey Fec,

I for one would love another installment of the Candy seriese.

Don't let the opinions of a few outspoken members keep you from writing man.

While malfunctions arn't a big part of the ASFR thing for me, I find your work interesting, funny and a very pleasent reading experience so write away, rite away, write on, rite on.

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by ehy » Sat Jul 20, 2002 6:12 am

Stepford wives... story might be interesting, but honestly I didn't find the movie all that compelling. Part of that is because it was done as a horror movie rather than science fiction, and I really don't care for horror. The other is that, well, if you're going to build a perfect wife for yourself, wouldn't you make her at least more attractive than those? And maybe a bit more interesting?

Candy... this may come as a surprise from me, but I actually enjoyed those stories. True, the malfunctions weren't all that believable, but they were well-written and fun, especially the one where someone was sitting on her control unit and accidentally pressing its buttons. I'd also be interested in seeing a bit more of what Candy's like when she *isn't* malfunctioning -why her owner thinks she's worth having and repairing.

EHY

rickdrat

Post by rickdrat » Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:29 am

Fection,

I loved your work with the Candy series. Although for my part I think you've explored that storyline about as far as it can go. I personaly like the whole malfunctioning robot thing. For me, it's what seperates the machines from the real deal. Something about the chinks in the proverbial fembot armor that I enjoy, where the technology isn't quite as perfect as it seems.

I encourage you to work on a Stepford Wives story, with as many breakdowns as you can fit in! Good luck.

Richard

Dark_Archon
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Dark_Archon » Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:37 pm

Fection u work is great mate keep up da gud work

fection

Ta.

Post by fection » Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:40 am

Hi.
I had been wondering if the whole Candy thing was flogging a dead horse (no offence to Candy of course).
Thanks for the encouragement though.
fection.

Post by 1024 » Sun Jul 21, 2002 8:54 am

I liked the Candy stories, thought the one in the harem was good too.

I'm a big fan of malfunctions, but not really keen on anything sexually explicit (and definitely don't like transformations) so the Candy stories fit the bill nicely. Well written and with a touch of humour too, I'd be very happy to see more of your writing.

IK

Be seeing you...

DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Candy

Post by DollSpace » Sun Jul 21, 2002 7:41 pm

Those Candy stories are great..keep up the great work :) Are all of them archived somewhere? I'm not sure I've read them all.

Ryn
Last edited by DollSpace on Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation

Re: Just an idea.....

Post by dale coba » Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:22 pm

fection wrote: Hi there.
I've only recently procured a copy of The Stepford Wives (though I've rented it on video several times before) and seeing it again has made me realise that it really is 'core' to my fascination with malfunctioning mechanical maidens.
8) A splendid movie. The conspiracy of replacement/transformation, portrayed as an everyday, socially accepted practice. Initiation, simultaneously sexual and robotic. That hits me where I live. :twisted:
fection wrote: Also news of a remake has made me wonder if the powers that be will do just that (a remake) or a kind of sequel/retelling. I think there is scope for a 'based-now' sequel (ignoring the ACTUAL sequels) and was wondering if there would be any interest in reading a story like that.
I appreciate any film or story set remotely within a Stepford-like universe. Based-now would be great, but what would the town look like after another 25 years? What would it mean, to take the Stepford concept to a higher level? Paul Rudnick and Tim Burton, show us what you've got.

fection wrote: I find it easy to think that my 'malfunctioning stories' are actually UNwanted. It seems like many people find the notion of an android malfunctioning unattractive, or an attack on androids in general. Is that the case?
Malfunctioning gynoids are Good. I prefer a machine that looks convincingly like a woman, but whose true nature is revealed by frequent, even intentionally programmed error-like behaviors. A malfunction is a performance, like a striptease, but a sexual statement specific to A.S.F.R.

I am in the process of writing what my first story series, if I continue to follow through with the effort. I am attempting to describe some of the many pleasing scenes which can result when fembots have misconceptions about their origins and their physical nature.

The origins, meanings, and dilemmas inherent in a technosexual orientation, are a mystery to me — especially the rarer version, the female’s desire to play the object. The Stepford model story has what I find to be a satisfying combination of unsettling edginess plus idealized robo-femininity.

Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

href

Post by href » Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:17 am

I would hate to think that anyone who writes fiction thinks that it is UNwanted for some reason. I would put a tenner (thats $15.6 USD) on the fact that there is an audience out there for everything that people produce.
The way I see it is this, it all adds to the richness of our little community.
We all share the same general interest, even if the details difffer. This is how I enjoy Kishin's work, and Kishin appreciates mine. Even though the our aspects on ASFR are poles apart, we each get something from each others work.
And thats my point. I think every one gets at least SOMETHING from anything added to the group.

So I say yes, bring back Candy.

href

Windupdolluver
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Windupdolluver » Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:19 pm

Fection,
You know how I feel about Candy, and your stories! I've always enjoyed them(as well as your artwork), and have been begging for more :lol: I'm just like you man! I get a kick out of seeing 'malfunctioning madiens', and I know that there are others out there in our little community that feel the same way. I like the simple nature of your stories, not concerned with hardcore sex, but keeping it sexy by nature. I enjoy all of your malfunctioning items in your stories. From Candy's breakdown in the kitchen from 'Charlie's Second-Hand Angel', to her breaking down on a talk show from 'Model Citizen', to my favorite break down of them all in 'Sour Candy'. If I could purchase a giant poster of a malfunctioning Candy, I would buy it in a heart beat! :cry: Please Fection be my hero again, BRING BACK MY CANDY TO ME!!!!!

Kano

Post by Kano » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:59 pm

Fection, I really enjoyed all of your stories a great deal. I get tired of people getting on the board saying what kind of stories they like, what a gynoid can and cannot do, if they like sex in the story or not, whats realistic when it comes to gynoids. Gynoids ARE NOT even real so how does anyone know what would happen? These are FICTIONAL STORIES! Beggars cant be choosers. I say to all these people who critisize, if you dont like them, write your own damn stories then. There are stories I dont personally like but I dont come here saying, I dont like this or that, or that couldnt happen or whatever. My favorites are malfunction stories with or without a little sex. Those are also the kind I write and am hesitant to post them here because I dont want to insult anyones intelligence because it wasnt "deep and intellectual" enough for some people. Fection, your artwork is equally awesome and I would like to see more. Keep up the good work and write whatever the hell you want to because there are those who enjoy it alot.

Post by 1001011001 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:13 pm

worry not...if you keep writing them, sooner or later, we'll like them. After all, we DID warm up to Mirage's stories (some sooner, others later, but no matter), and nobody has written a better gynoid comedy than mirage. So please, keep us entertained until we figure out this storytelling thing for ourselves, and keep the malfunctioning gynoids malfunctioning!

SNJ-14
Technosexuality: Built

Re: Fection, etc.

Post by SNJ-14 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:50 pm

I thought the Candy stories were cute. ^_^ The only thing is...I feel kind of bad for Candy. I know, it doesn't seem like she's sentient - and I have a feeling that's not what Fection had in mind - but nonetheless. Very well-done, though, despite my, um, soft-spot.

ANNA

Post by ANNA » Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:11 pm

I want candy to knock the shit out of that bitch.. I would take her home and cuddle candy forever... shit write what ever fection I love your shit

travis

DrFranklin

Anna has the right idea ...

Post by DrFranklin » Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:52 pm

perhaps Candy should get an upgrade and be a bit less of a victim in the next story. "Valerie 23" comes to mind. Perhaps more of a dark comedy feel. Previous candy stories have more of a sitcom feel.

femalerobotlover

Post by femalerobotlover » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:33 pm

yay! fection - always look forward to your great stories.

for me, the malfunction is the real deal - certainly what got me into asfr. also, sexy stuff (not always explicit but sometimes) is great too.... i really miss the sara stuff too that always turned me on.

f.r.l