Tips for better writting?

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.

Re: Tips for better writting?

Postby jolshefsky » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:21 am

While I'm not prolific by any stretch, I wanted to chime in about fetish writing in particular. If you want to reach a broad audience, refrain from unnecessary specifics. This goes against the idea of copious description, but I think it works for fetish writing. This place is all about robot women, but everybody has their own idea of the "best" robot woman.

So if you're writing a story about a robot secretary, I think it's undesirable to go into specific (human) body characteristics. Talk about the control panels and programming and such. Avoid body type, hair color, ethnicity, etc. The reader will fill in their own fantasy for the human characteristics. Even skin (if it's not pivotal in the story) can be left un-described—I've read some stories where there was no need for the shiny chrome body (not appealing to me) so by omitting that detail, I can fill in my own soft plastic skin, and the chrome aficionados can make a shiny silver body, and the gold fetishists can make a shiny gold body, etc.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

Previous

Return to Stories