Lost but Found, Chapter 10 - Driving Thoughts (Revisited)

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
gynoneko
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Cyborg

Lost but Found, Chapter 10 - Driving Thoughts (Revisited)

Post by gynoneko » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 pm

This is a REVISED Chapter. The beginning is similar to the original Chapter 10 but it does change the plot by the end. Apologies again for the revision.

Part 1. Previous. Next.
============
Lost but Found
Chapter 10 - Driving Thoughts (Revisited)
by Gynoneko and Dollspace

“Left turn in 200 feet” the GPS directed. Someday I’d get Erin to give me directions herself, but until then I had to make due with the default navigation on my phone. It was on my ’to do’ list. Hey, programming your own AI isn't easy, let alone integrating it into an existing GPS platform!

Not that it really mattered. I could barely hear the voice over Lyss rocking out in the seat next to me, air-jamming to a White Stripes song that she turned up way too loud. But honestly, I didn't mind. I enjoyed her company, air guitar and all. I just let her do what she wanted and smiled. Just being with her made me happy, and it didn’t hurt that she could hold a tune, even if she was only singing along. Hell, she could sing better than me; better than Jack White. Then again, maybe I was biased.

But for me, I couldn’t help but reflect on what just happened. We walked out of the store in front of everyone, together, in the middle of the day, after an altercation with Trevor. Everyone saw us and they knew Lyss wasn’t supposed to leave. And she punched a guy! Not to mention I just left work without finishing up, hours too early. There was going to be talking. It was going to start rumors; rumors which were probably all true. And Bill would hear about it, eventually. As far as I knew, our life together was just starting AND just ending. I shuddered to think jail was a real possibility. With all the odds against us, running away together suddenly sounded a whole lot more reasonable.

But despite everything, Lyss seemed to not have a care in the world as she tapped her foot against the console of the car pretending she was holding a guitar. I wasn’t thrilled that she had her feet up like that, but at least she had taken off her shoes and was doing it in just her socks, so I didn’t have the heart to stop her. Instead, I kept catching glances of her. I was still so amazed how human she looked, and how fun and sexy she was. And we were officially a couple now.

“Make a U-Turn” the nondescript computer voice warned as I missed the turn.

Lyss glanced at me with a smirk as I quickly corrected my course. “Distracted much?” She asked as she ran her hand up her tight jeans, showing off her curves and teasing me, which only made it more awkward but it got her to giggle. She was getting a kick out of flirting with me. I turned my focus back to driving and tried not to miss my next turn.

It was probably 10 minutes later that I realized Lyss had stopped jamming out and was sitting quietly looking out the window. Her leg was moving and she tapped her fingers on the armrest in the door.

“You alright Lyss?” I wondered, raising my voice to talk over the music.

“What? Oh…” she replied without answering, her voice drowned out by the song.

“Nervous?” I asked after a few uncomfortable moments of silence between us. Besides the blaring radio of course.

“Nervous? I don’t know, maybe… Just thinking…”

I turned down the music just as the GPS chimed in with another update, and I followed the voice onto another major road. Lyss looked over at me briefly with her side eye before looking out the window.

“Thinking of anything in particular?” I inquired.

“Hmm? No. Nothing” she answered without looking at me. “Do you think I could ever be like that girl?” she asked abruptly.

“Who?”

“You know, that gynoid on the news. The one that got her freedom” she clarified.

“Well… I don’t know” I answered honestly. “Did she ever have an owner?” I wondered but Lyss shrugged. “Well your owner would have to give you up, and then there’s the legal process and all the paperwork and red tape…”

“But… it could happen, right?”

“Maybe.”

“If my owner gives me to you, you’d free me, right?”

“Why all the interest in this girl all of a sudden?” I replied, avoiding the question.

“I was just remembering… things.”

“You remember something? Do you remember your owner?”

Lyss shook her head. “Nothing that specific. Just little things. Like a feeling. A fancy wooden door. Part of a face. I don’t know if I like what I’m remembering though.”

“We need your memories to make sure we can find your owner and transfer your-”

“Yeah, I know!” she snapped. “But… I didn’t really want to remember all this stuff. I have a really bad feeling about this. Like we should be running the other way right now” she explained as she wrapped her arms around herself and rubbed her arm with her hand. She looked cold all of a sudden.

“Are you ok?”

“No, Kevin! I’m not. Ever since you put those memories in me, I’ve been getting a feeling of dread, like something bad happened… is going to happen… and it’s eating away at me that I can’t remember what.” She grabbed her hair with one hand and pulled at it.

“What’s wrong? Is it the pool incident?” I wondered.

“I don’t know! I just remember… pain and fear. Can’t I just turn them off?”

“Uhh… I think it’s too late for that. The memories are inside you now. Your mind is just making sense of them is all. We can’t just turn it off.”

“Well, I want it to stop! I’m not remembering anything, just emotions! Why can’t I just erase them again?”

“They’ll come to you. We need your memor-”

“I know!” she yelled. “I… I know” Lyss calmed down. “Sorry. I just… I don’t want to do this.”

“But we have to if you want to get out of that auction.”

Lyss gritted her teeth and leaned over with her arms around her. “I don’t want to do this Kevin! Please? Can’t we just go home?”

“And what, wait for the auction? Wait for Bill to fire me? Wait for the police to show up? Wait for my funds to run out? Go into hiding?”

Lyss closed her eyes but remained silent, taking in deep breaths. It almost looked like she was in pain, but it was probably all in her head.

“Maybe…” She looked away from me. “Are- are we having a fight?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know. Look, if I don’t officially take ownership of you, ‘we’ will be over. I’ll never see you again, you’ll forget I even exist. And you’ll either end up auctioned off to some rich pervert or back with the same master that abandoned you.”

“Master…” Lyss whispered. “Is that what this is all about? You just want to be my master, don’t you?”

“What?”

“Like you are with Alexia…” she retorted.

“I- I…” I stuttered. I didn’t want to admit it even to myself, but the truth was I wanted to own her. To have power over her; to control Lyss. I wanted to be her master, and more importantly, I needed her to want it too. At least I thought I did. And at that moment I was ashamed of myself, and my words failed me.

“Huh. That’s what I thought. You won’t give me my freedom. You’re no better than the rest of them” she murmured as she leaned over and looked away from me.

“Lyss… I…”

Lyss said nothing but I watched as the color from her hair faded. I had to say something, do something. But knowing me I’d only make things worse! But I hated myself more and more for upsetting her and being such a simple-minded ass. She knew all along that I desired to be her master. She must think I’m a monster for registering Alexia like that. I struggled to come to grips with myself, and try to figure out what it was I really wanted, and what my relationship with Lyss was to me.

I did want to own her, but... more than that I wanted her to be happy. I thought owning her would make her happy. It only then occurred to me that the two things might not work together. We could either be girlfriend and boyfriend OR master and servant, but not both.

Shit.

Suddenly I realized that in my deep thought and self-reflection, I wasn’t paying attention to the road, and had to come to a sudden abrupt stop to avoid hitting the car ahead of me. I slammed the brakes, narrowly avoiding a collision.

“Oof!” Lyss grunted unexpectedly. “Hey!”

“Sorry!”

“Pay attention!” She complained angrily.

“You’re right. I was just… thinking about what you said.”

We sat there at the red light in silence as I tried to figure out what to say.

“And?” she scoffed.

“And… I don’t know what I want.” I sighed after several tense quiet moments. The light turned green again. “I want you... to be safe, and happy.” That was true. “Even if that means I have to let you go.” That was a lie. I was terrified of losing her more than anything, after all this time. I had grown so close to her, she was a big part of my life already, but I was afraid I was going to screw it up, just like everything, and push her away. And in my greedy attempt to force her near me, I went and did just that.

She didn’t even look over at me. “You’re lying” she exclaimed. “I can tell. You want to use me like all the others.”

“I- I…” I stuttered.

Lyss scoffed, clicking her tongue.

“I care about you Lyss. That’s no lie. And I do want you to be safe and happy. And… I’m scared of fucking ‘us’ up and pushing you away. I don’t want to lose you.”

She looked over at me with tears running down her face, her hair a darker shade than normal. “I know” she almost whispered as her voice cracked.

“And I don’t know any other way to keep you safe than to… own you” I admitted. I redirected my focus to the road, and slowed way down, realizing as I did that I really did want to control her like everyone else was already.

I thought that after owning Alexia I would satisfy that primal urge to have power over someone, but she was so unpredictable and constantly disobeyed, I never really felt I had much control over Alexia if any. Why did I think Lyss would be any different? And why did I want to dominate these girls? I had to face the fact that I was starting to turn into my dad, a man I despised for how he treated women. I hated him, and now I hated myself.

“Fuck you, Kevin,” she said almost inflectionless as she turned away again. Hearing that sparked a sharp pang deep inside my chest.

I pulled over and stopped the car, the GPS complaining that I left the route. Turning to look at Lyss I was taken back by how much she was crying. But she never made a sound.

We sat in silence for a long time, deep in thought.

It seemed to me that we had unexpectedly reached a point of no return. I didn’t want to see Lyss upset like this, but in order to make her happy, I had to take a long deep look at myself first. I was being selfish. I was afraid of becoming my womanizing dad. No… he was far worse. I would never hurt these girls, at least not intentionally, but that didn’t mean his attitude toward women didn’t rub off on me in some way. I feared this was a small step in his direction I didn’t want to take. I realized I just did though and hurt Lyss unintentionally.

I essentially stole Alexia and registered her to me, even though I knew she wasn’t mine. I even lied to the FBI about her! For crying out loud, I had sex with her before considering anything about her or what she’d want or where she came from. Sure, she didn’t complain and even came onto me but I knew better! I disobeyed my boss and took Lyss out on a date, and forced her to process memories she didn’t want, all so I could get closer to owning her. Heck, I was still considering buying her at the auction as a last resort. I wanted to be better than that. She deserved better than that. Better than me. Or maybe a better me.

I could imagine her position. Bill gave off a creepy vibe that probably terrified her every day, Trevor raped and assaulted her constantly, her owner didn’t want her, and now her only friend is forcing her to do things she didn’t like and trying to control her. Putting myself in her shoes made me question everything I had done; her everyday life was horrible, no wonder she wanted to get out of there with me. I felt really shitty thinking about it like that.

Fuck me.

I felt a pit in my stomach as I realized I was hurting Lyss. I needed to change, I needed to change now! I suddenly worried she might do something drastic, and realized that maybe the ‘pool incident’ in her previous life might have been self-inflicted. After a few minutes of silence, which seemed like an eternity, I reluctantly made a decision. I decision I knew wouldn’t be easy. She deserved a better friend, a better boyfriend, so it was time I stepped up and became the partner she needed.

“You’re right, Lyss. Fuck me. I’ve been a real jerk lately. A selfish moron. A greedy jackass.” I started to get mad at myself.

She turned to me and rubbed one cheek dry. “An asshole” she added. I just nodded in agreement.

“For months all I’ve really thought about was somehow owning my own personal gynoid. No… What I really wanted to own you… But now that we've started hanging out and… going out, I realized have to grow up. I know it's only been one date but you are far more to me than I realized. I can't do it… I want to so much but I can't!”

“Can't what?” She sniffed. “Are- Are you breaking up with-?”

“Be your master” I answered. “You deserve better than this; better than me. But what’s done is done. I can’t undo what I’ve done to you, but I am sorry. I can’t own you like I wanted. I won’t. And I can’t remove those memories in your head. I’m sorry I put them there. But…” I sighed and reaffirmed to myself that I needed to change if I wanted to be with Lyss at all. If I screwed this up, she’d probably never talk to me again. “But you are too important to me. Yes, I’m selfish, and, yes, I’m stupid. And an asshole. And I selfishly just want to be happy. But I can’t be happy… not anymore… not unless you are happy. And owning you won’t do that for either of us. I want to make this work! To make US work! I love you Lyss. And... if you are only happy being a free robot, then by god I will make it happen. I swear!”

“Kev?”

“I was stupid to think I could own you and everything would be fine. You are so much more than just an object. You are a person, you are an individual. You are my girlfriend! And you are every bit as feeling and thinking and aware as I am. Once we take care of this… I swear I will help you in any way I can.”

“Kevin, I-” Lyss began but I didn’t let her finish.

“I did want to own you, partially because I didn’t want you to leave me. I’m scared of losing you. But I don’t think either of us will really be happy if our relationship is hinging on me owning you as an appliance. I want you to stay with me because you want to. Because you are my best friend, and I hope I’m still yours. I think I’m only really happy when you’re being you while hanging with-.”

Lyss put her finger on my mouth and shut me up. I turned to her. “Kev, you idiot. I do want to be with you” she proclaimed, her voice cracking a little. ”You are my best friend. And you’re not that bad.”

“Yes, I am. You… you are a bigger deal than me. I can’t hold you back” I continued, trying not to cry. “I don't want to do that to you. I repair androids, or at least I used to. After today who knows what’s going to happen? But for now… please, let me fix this for you, or at least try to.”

“Kev, It isn’t about you or me” Lyss added, wiping the tears off of her other cheek. “It’s about us. Of course, I’ll stay with you! A relationship is a two-way street, and we both have to work at it. Neither of us is perfect, that’s what makes us who we are. A relationship works the best when we are equals, right? I’m sorry I got so upset. I’ve just been really emotional lately. This is all so new to me. Everything is.”

“No… Don't be sorry. I’m sorry I pushed you to this. Please.”

“It’s ok. I know you are doing this all for me. I didn’t want to remember these things or face my past because… I’m scared. But it needs to be done. I guess I’m frightened of being taken away from you as well” she said with a slight grin as her hair lightened.

“I won’t let that happen.”

“I know” she smiled. “It wasn’t fair of me to attack you like that. Do you really mean it though?”

“All of it.”

“So you’ll help me figure this citizenship thing out?”

I nodded my head. “Yeah. If that’s what you want. I will free you as soon as possible.” She smiled and tried to rub all the wet off of her face. It wasn’t very ladylike, and it was a good thing she didn’t need makeup or it would have smeared.

“That's all I needed to hear” she grinned.

This was not going to be easy. Relationships never are. I knew right then that that meant I had to deal with my stupid selfish self, and be there for her and put her wants and needs first, even if that risks losing her someday. But for Lyss, things were about to get much tougher. She had her own demons to deal with, and that meant, even if she didn’t like it, we had to confront her owner and try our best to free her from his grip one way or another.

I put the car back into gear and started to get back on course when Erin interrupted.

“Um… sir?” Her voice came in over the car speakers loud and clear. She sounded worried.

“Erin? What’s up?”

“We have a situation.”

“What kind of situation?” Lyss asked.

“Someone’s at the door, demanding entry, and Miss Alexia has locked herself in the bathroom.”

“What?” Lyss questioned.

“Is it the police?” I asked.

“No. No, they are not… oh my, sir, you better get here fast! They’re trying to break down the door!”

“What?!” I blurted out. Lyss turned to me.

“Lexie!” She looked worried. The two of them were becoming friends, and it was clear she was concerned for her.

“We’ll be right there,” I told her as I turned the car around and headed to the highway to get back to my place. I turned off the navigation and drove way faster than I should have.

“Erin, what’s happening now?” I wondered.

“They’re inside and searching the rooms. I’m sorry sir, I couldn’t stop them! I have no physical presence. They… Sir, I need to go into lockdown before they access my systems. Good luck!”

“Erin? What do you mean lockdown? ERIN?!” I snapped.

Nothing. Erin had disconnected. I felt like I was losing control of her as well. At this point, however, I didn’t care. I was more concerned about Lexie. I knew the FBI was after her, but whoever took her in the first place were still clearly looking for her, and it sounds like they just caught up with her.

It felt like it took an eternity to get home, but it was actually rather fast. I was sweating bullets and Lyss was at the edge of her seat, tapping her foot and eager to jump out of the car. As soon as we parked, I rushed out of the vehicle, although Lyss had some trouble figuring out the seatbelt and putting her shoes on. I waited for her and together we cautiously approached my apartment.

My door was ajar, and I could see the clear damage to the door frame. Someone had forced their way inside and blew out the lock. I shuddered to think who could be strong enough to do that.

Lyss cowered behind me but followed close. She wasn’t leaving my side. Together, we crept into the apartment and heard a commotion. The place looked like someone ransacked it, although nothing appeared to be missing. The bedroom was ahead, and the door partly open, enough that we could hear a struggle. And then something loud shattered.

“ENOUGH!” A fierce female voice demanded. “You will not disrespect your leader like this!” Her voice had a thick French accent to it.

“She is not my leader” Lexie growled, her voice more serious and deep than I ever heard. I heard something unpleasant, like the hitting of flesh, and Lexie let out of groan.

“I… had her!” another woman panted, her voice gruff but cute.

I got to the bedroom door, or what was left of it, and peered through the opening to see several people inside. A tall woman wearing a feathered coat and incredibly dark skin was standing over a figure she was restraining. I couldn’t see her from my angle, but I assumed that figure was Lexie. In front of us facing away was a figure dressed in some kind of military-style uniform, but not one that I recognized, with a hat and a high collar on her black coat. She had a scabbard on her belt that instantly drew my attention. Next to her was a short girl with light brown hair, almost blonde, cut in a bob cut, wearing a very short green top and short denim shorts. I wasn’t sure if she wore such little clothes because she liked to show off her athletic body or she needed the free movement to fight, but it was clear she was a fighter. She was even barefoot! But she was bent over holding her side, exhausted yet still ready to fight.

“I gave you plenty of time, but you’ve failed to apprehend her. Ultimately, it was Quill who finally restrained Felicia,” the uniformed woman said. “For your incompetence, I should have you disassembled!”

“Please, commander” the scantily dressed girl breathed. “I- I can do better!” I could see her more clearly now as she turned to face her superior. Her loose short green top just reached beneath her breasts, showing off her muscular toned abs, and barely covered her generous chest. It was at this point I noticed she had seams running along her midriff, arms, and legs. She was perfectly human except for that. Well… there was one other thing. She had cat ears and a tail similar to Lexie’s, although matching her own hair color with stripes. “Please, give me another chance!”

The commander said nothing but turned to the taller girl and nodded. The dark skinned girl, I assumed was Quill, twisted the arm of the figure she was restraining. Quill’s face gave me an uneasy feeling, something about it seemed off, almost alien. I looked down at the prisoner. Lexie screamed in pain, her voice deep and unrestrained. I finally got a look at her. She looked different, her hair was surprisingly black and her face seemed more angular. But it was her.

“I’ll never join you!” she growled through the pain and jumped into the air, flipping over Quill and pushing her back. Quill caught herself and twisted her body in an unnatural way until she managed to grab Lexie’s arm and pulled hard enough that I heard it break.

Lyss gasped when she saw the attack and instantly the commander and her short companion turned toward us. Faster than I could register, the two of them rushed us.

I pushed Lyss behind me but the short girl ran right passed and grabbed her. As for me, the commander spent no time grabbing me by the neck, keeping me at arm’s length. She had enough pressure on my throat to show me her strength as well as her restraint as I could still breathe. Her hat flew off her head from the sudden movement revealing her long flowing hair… her long rainbow-colored hair.

============
Next.
Last edited by gynoneko on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

DollSpace
Identification: Android

Re: Lost but Found, Chapter 10 - Driving Thoughts

Post by DollSpace » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:31 am

This story will take many unexpected turns in the next few installments, but it's got a really neat 80s-sci-fi feel to it, and things will begin to make sense for our protagonists. I hope you enjoy the new installment; once again gyneoneko has outdone himself and it's really been on my end that I've had slowdowns happen, but we've both been super busy so we hope you enjoy the new direction the story is following!

Extyr
Identification: Human

Post by Extyr » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Well... that twist came from nowhere and that cliffhanger is just plain evil.

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:39 pm

Been trying to build up to this, hope it wasn't too jarring. I have more coming up soon, just reworking some details.
More sexy time will be a little later on for those wondering.
- Brian May

gynoneko

Re: Lost but Found, Chapter 10 - Driving Thoughts (Revisited

Post by gynoneko » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Hey all! I just uploaded the new revised version of this chapter! I already have most of the next chapter done, so hopefully it won't take too long to get to that one. I know this one starts off the same as it used to, but I assure you it is different and does make the plot work better for where we were trying to take it. Sorry again that I had to redact these chapters and rework them. Please let me know what you think!
- Brian May

DollSpace
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 am

I love this! Who'd have believed I'd love my own story?! Well, really it's gynoneko's story; I'm just a glorified consultant, but what fun this is to work on! And gynoneko is great to work with! I really love collaborating with him. I'm so glad so many people like this and it's my pleasure to work with one of the hardest working writers I know to create such fabulous content for all of you. Sorry about the retconning; we got ahead of ourselves and realised we needed to stretch out some parts before we entered into some of the scenes that were in the original version of this chapter, and both of us were very busy, but we are finding time now so cross your fingers this continues, and I can't wait to share more of this story with you. Last but not least, thanks to gynoneko to allow me to work with him on this fantastic story that so many people here seem to love. Keep showing that love and we will keep posting content in chapters that will live up to what you all expect from us! Thank you!

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:45 am

Thanks so much for the compliments. It is honestly a pleasure working with you on these. It helps me come up with new ideas and concepts and rework ones to be better. I hope everyone is enjoying these, even if it has been coming out rather slowly. I don't do this full-time so I have to balance this with the rest of my life, and sometimes that means it takes a backseat, which is why I was so eager to rush out the last chapters too soon and took a wrong turn. Thanks for helping correct the path so the story can progress without any weird twists to get it where we wanted it to go.
- Brian May