Lost but Found, Chapter 9 - A Seamless Transition

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
gynoneko
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Cyborg

Lost but Found, Chapter 9 - A Seamless Transition

Post by gynoneko » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:08 pm

Part 1. Previous. Next.
============
Lost but Found
Chapter 9 - A Seamless Transition
by Gynoneko and Dollspace

“Excuse me, sir” a familiar voice echoed through my subconscious. “It’s time to wake up.”

My mind didn’t want to move my body, it was having too nice of a dream. I don’t remember much from it, except that it had lots of boobs in it.

“If you intend to take our new guest back to the office before opening hours, I suggest you get up now to prepare.”

I turned over and put the covers over my head to ignore the voice, and realized something was different. I peeked with one eye and saw Lyss completely under the covers, naked, and fast asleep, with her spunky rainbow hair, in my bed next to me. Everything started to come back to me and I grinned from ear to ear remembering it all, hoping this wasn’t still a dream.

“Ok sir, you asked for it” the vaguely British female voice warned. Suddenly, a loud buzz clamored through my head, loud enough to wake the neighboring town. I shot up and covered my ears.

“OK OK! I’m up!” I bellowed. The noise stopped, and I rubbed my eyes to get the sleep out of them. Lyss pulled on me, bringing me back down into the bed and wrapped her long legs around mine. I could feel her naked sex against my leg, realizing I was sporting morning wood and she was brushing nicely against it, and wanted to do something about that… when the noise started up again.

This time Lyss covered her ears and sat up. “What is that?!”

I sat up too and pulled the covers down and sat on the edge of the bed. “OK! We’re up!”

The noise stopped and Lyss turned toward me with her hair disheveled and eyes droopy. “It’s too early” she complained.

“Well you wanted to sneak in with me early” I yawned.

“Not this early, set your alarm for later” she droned and plopped back into the bed, covering herself with the sheets. “I’m too tired.”

“Why are you tired?” I asked. “You’re a robot, your battery is probably fully charged by now.” I pulled the covers off of her and she sat up with her legs apart slouched over.

“I don’t know… I’ve never entered a true sleep mode before, only standby. Maybe it’s my programming to not like mornings. But I’m pretty sure it’s just because mornings suck!” She grabbed at the sheet and threw herself back under it.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you go back to sleep” the voice insisted. “This is the optimal time to allow for morning rituals and breakfast in order to get to your destination in a timely manner.”

“Just turn it off already” Lyss’s muffled voice complained.

“I can’t turn it off,” I explained. “It’s part of my AI- Erin. Wait a minute, ERIN?!”

I got to my feet and grabbed the tablet. Before my eyes, the holographic head of a young woman appeared with a smile.

“Good morning, sir” she said clear as day.

“Good Morning?! You said it was going to take you almost a week to repair yourself! What happened? How did you turn yourself back on so quickly?”

“Well I had some help. It seems our mysterious guest, Alexia as you named her, was able to restore my systems yesterday.”

“So you’ve been just waiting silently this whole time? Why didn’t you say anything. And why did she attempt to repair you after I specifically told her not to!?”

“You seemed busy last night, and I didn’t want to interrupt you. Alexia’s mind is a free spirited one” Erin tried to explain. “From what my interactions with her has taught me, she has no requirements to obey humans, only a desire to please them. And there may be more to her than we know. She lost all her memories and her old personality was deleted, but I detect there is still a presence of her old self inside.”

“What about you? What’s your status since the repair? Is everything back to normal?”

“All my protocols and systems seem to be in order. Give me one moment to compare…” Erin replied. “Searching… It appears there have been some updates to my personality core again sir, but nothing serious. In addition, some logic and reasoning protocols have been added. I also have a new system? How interesting…”

“What?”

“It's nothing sir… just a few files she shared with me, I'll make sure to take care of them properly.”

“Mmmm. I'll have to talk with her about installing software on you. I hope Lyss didn't get anything in her after they connected last night.”

“Will you two keep it down?” Lyss bellowed.

With that, I walked over, pulled the sheet off the bed entirely (it did need to be washed after last night), and lifted Lyss out of bed.

“Hey! Woah! Where am I going?!” she panicked as she tried to grab ahold of me. Good thing she was built so light weight.

I placed her in the middle of the room, standing, and made sure she wouldn’t fall over. Pulling the little white induction charging circle from the back of her neck, I announced “You’re up.”

“Fine” she pouted. “Whoever invented AM deserves to be shot.”

Lyss looked around the room, not sure what she was doing as she scratched her head and stretched. There really is nothing like seeing a naked girl stretching in the morning. And my morning wood decided it wasn’t going anywhere after that sexy display.

“Let me check in with you in a bit Erin, I think first we need another shower.”

“We just took one last night” Lyss complained.

“Yeah, and after all that sweaty, sloppy love making last night, I think we need another one or we’ll smell like sex all day.”

Lyss looked down at her body and felt the dried residue on her torso. “Point taken.”

“Very well sir” Erin replied. “I will wait for further instructions.”

I put down the tablet and went to the bathroom with Lyss following behind. Since I was already naked, I didn’t think twice about peeing while the water in the shower heated up, but Lyss got flustered and turned her back to me awkwardly.

“Oh… sorry” I apologized as I finished up. I wasn't used to having a girl in the bathroom and didn't even think twice about using the toilet. I was surprisingly comfortable being naked in front of her. I made sure to wash my hands to set a good example.

“I uhh… just haven’t….. seen anyone actually do that yet. I thought you had to sit on it.”

“That’s for girls, and going number 2.”

“Oh. Ok... Kev? Is uh… is your thing always… that big?”

“Nah, it just gets that way when I’m excited and in the mornings.”

“Oh” she blushed.

“Ladies first” I gestured for her to enter the shower now that I was ready and the water warmed up.

Taking a shower with a sexy naked girl is not always easy, but is always worth it. While it can be awkward being unable to hide your boner, it becomes exciting when it always brushes against her. And even moreso when she is the one doing the brushing, mostly on purpose.

I tried to concentrate on making sure she got herself cleaned properly this time, painfully aware that I was still really turned on by her, and literally running my hands all over her didn't help. I figured she was also turned on, since her hair had gone dark red again. I managed to finish up with her when Lyss decided to have a bit of fun herself, and started rubbing her back and soft butt against me as she worked the shampoo into her hair. A few moments later, she was running her hands down my body and resting one on my erection.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened next. She started to stroke me, I turned her around, and we had hot steamy shower sex, until she slipped and I had to catch her. I didn't let that stop us from finishing up, as I pressed her back against the wall and lifted one leg, entering her again. I haven't had this much sex in… ever! But Lyss was really into it and I was really into her. Literally and figuratively. We finished yet another fun sex session, and our showers, and headed into the bedroom to dress, rejuvenated. She seemed to feel much better after the shower sex and was wide awake now, all smiles and blushes.

“That felt great! Umm… Kev? Where are my clothes?”

Right, in all the excitement last night, I never showed her where I put them. “Well there's some underwear in the drawers over here,” I pointed out, having made room in one of them just for her stuff, “and the rest is in the closet over there. But you get to wear this today” I said as I tossed Lyss her work uniform, which was folded and put on the dresser last night.

“Not this thing again… after all that shopping we did?” she complained.

“I know… But it would be awfully suspicious if you were suddenly wearing something new to work. Besides, I have to wear this” I said, showing my even more bland uniform than hers.

“Point taken” she said, dragging her clothes along the floor as she walked up next to me. “But I’m wearing my new bra” she insisted. I shrugged. I rather not have it go to waste.

After we dressed, Lyss sat on the couch in the living room while I checked on Alexia. I really was concerned about her now. With some strange panther girl out there searching for her, I was afraid she’d get found out. Especially if we were followed last night. Not to mention the FBI and nosy neighbors. And I know that she already disobeyed me a few times, but I could not take her in with me. Now that her picture was flashed all over work, anyone that saw her could report her. I was going to have to rely on Erin.

Alexia sat in the dark room, still naked and still asleep. Turning on the light woke her up, and she turned toward me with a big grin.

“Good morning, Master!” she beamed, standing up and hopping in place. I couldn’t stay mad at her, not with that smile and those bouncy boobs. But I had to at least pretend to be stern, right?

“Good morning. Alexia, did you connect to Erin yesterday after I told you not to?”

Alexia’s bowed her head a little and looked guilty. “Yes, Master.” At least she wasn’t lying to me.

“Well… I’m glad you got her working, thank you. But seriously, you could have hurt her or yourself without someone there to watch over you. I’m only trying to look out for you Lexie.”

She looked relieved and smiled. “I understand, sir.”

“And thanks for helping Lyss out. We really appreciate it” I added.

“It was my pleasure, Master” she blushed.

“Now Lexie, go get your clothes on, you left them in the bedroom last night. Lyss and I have to head in early, but I want you to behave and not disobey me.”

“Can I come with you?” Alexia asked.

“No, I can’t risk anyone seeing you just yet. You have to stay here. But you have Erin to keep you company now. And I want you to clean up after yourself. No messes, no food left out. Put everything back where you got it. Understand?”

She nodded. I led her out of the cramped room and before I knew it, Lyss had pounced her, embracing Alexia in a big hug.

“Thank you SOOO much!” Lyss beamed, clearly in a good mood. Probably the best mood I had ever seen her in. After a moment or two she realized something. “She’s naked still, isn’t she?”

“Yeah” I confirmed with a chuckle.

“Oh… well. Who cares?” She released the hug, and smiled at Alexia. “I owe you big time.”

I went into the kitchen and got a bowl of cereal and milk ready. This time I was sure to actually have some. I watched as Lyss walked Alexia back into the room. Minutes later, they emerged, with Alexia fully dressed in a fun outfit. She had a skirt, with a t-shirt that actually didn’t fall off her, and was apparently wearing a bra underneath. It was simple, but did the job. I nodded my approval as Lyss beamed at me.

“Master?” Alexia asked. “Are you and Miss Lyss a couple now? You seemed to get along well together last night.”

Lyss almost laughed. That was an understatement. I swallowed my food and smiled. “Well, now that I asked Lyss out, I suppose we are.”

“Does that make her your girlfriend?” she inquired.

I nodded. “I guess so.”

“Does Master no longer like me?” she asked plainly.

“No no no. Not at all! Of course I like you! You are my friend, and I'm responsible for you” I explained.

She turned to Lyss. “Then are we friends too?”

“I… guess so” Lyss shrugged.

“But you’re his girlfriend first?”

“Yeah. I mean, they don’t have to be exclusive or anything, we can all still be friends.”

“Does that mean we can all have sex again?”

I almost choked on my food while Lyss stared wide eyed between us. “I don’t know… that was a special case… and Lyss isn’t into girls.”

“Then can I have sex with Master separately?”

I shrugged, not really sure how to answer that. Lyss glared at me, but Alexia turned toward her as her cat ears popped out and gave her a pleading look.

“I… uh… Why is this on me?” she asked. “If we're dating, should it just be the two of us?” Lyss asked, but then saw Alexia's pouty face and droopy cat-ears. “I mean, I… don’t know. That’s…” she looked between me and Alexia and sighed, twisting her mouth into a crooked smile. “If it wasn’t for you, I would never have been able to make love to Kevin. For you, I will allow it…” Alexia perked right up. “BUT with some conditions. I always get priority, you can’t hide it from me when you two are intimate, and if I change my mind you have to stop. And no one else!” She turned to me. “Got that? Don’t let her take advantage of my generosity, ok? And don't… forget about me. I might get… jealous again.”

“Oh thank you Miss Lyss!” Lexie beamed.

“Behave and we won’t revoke that privilege” I clarified. Alexia nodded enthusiastically. Lyss looked at me with concern in her features, but I wasn’t planning to mess things up with her, I cared about her too much. “But no time for that now. Let me finish up so we can get going.”

“Sir” Erin’s disembodied voice chimed, “is there anything I can do to be of assistance?”

“Actually there are a few things” I thought aloud. “I need you to keep Alexia company, teach her, and make sure she doesn’t get into trouble.”

“Understood.”

“Also, I’m going to take the tablet with me so we can communicate” I added.

“Remote access hasn’t yet been tested, sir” she reminded me.

“Yes, I know, but I think you’re ready.” I took another bite and spoke with my mouth full. “I just need to run some tests on Lyss at work.”

“Understood, sir. If you don’t mind me asking sir, what are your plans with Miss Lyss. She is still private property and due to be-”

“I know! I know… we aren’t sure yet.” I swallowed. “Maybe I could make her look broken so she won’t sell?”

“What?” Lyss spat. I shrugged.

“If you don’t mind me saying sir,” Erin interjected, “why not approach her original owner? If she is to be auctioned off soon, her original owner will have lost nothing by handing her ownership over to you instead.”

That was a brilliant plan. Flawed… but better than anything I thought of. “Huh…” I thought. Worse case, I’d lose Lyss anyways if they take her back, but that is going to happen regardless. The excuse I heard from Bill was the original owner didn’t want her back because she was ‘out-dated’ or something, so it seemed unlikely they wanted her back anyways. It might not be ideal but there was a chance I could talk our way out of this. All I had to do was convince her owner to let me take her. That and figure out who her owner is.

Lyss thought about it herself for a moment. “I suppose we can try… I don’t know how that will work. But I can’t think of anything better. Unless we can raise enough in time to just buy me at auction.”

I coughed on my milk, and shook my head. “I don’t think that will work. I saw an estimate for the auction… they were astronomical. Raising the money isn’t an option.”

She lowered her head in thought. “We could just run away” she quietly suggested.

“And go where? I mostly live paycheck-to-paycheck, I can’t afford to just skip out on the rent and find a new place.” I saw this was upsetting her, and hated that. “But if we have to… I’ll make that sacrifice for you.”

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. “I don’t want to do that to you. I think Erin’s idea is the best one right now.”

On this I think we agreed. It was the best option we could come up with… which meant we had to figure out exactly who her master really was. And I suddenly had an idea of exactly how to do that. Reaching into my pocket, I remembered I put something there yesterday, and forgot about it. The memory card for Lyss. This would have her master and address in it. But that would mean I’d have to delete Lyss’s, and I hadn’t backed up the last day or so. I did not want her to lose our time together. But maybe Erin could look at it and give us the information we needed.

I studied the card, deciding if this was a good idea. “Erin, can you analyze this and tell me if you can read the data?” It wasn’t uncommon for androids to have their data encoded. Maybe she could decode it if it was, she was smart enough.

“Certainly, sir.”

“What’s that?” Lyss wondered.

“This… just a backup of your memories from before we met” I nonchalantly announced.

“My… What?!” Lyss spat.

“I found it in the safe yesterday. I think Bill left it by mistake” I explained. “Figured it would have what we’re looking for in it. If we can read it.”

“Well I don’t want it back in me” Lyss argued. “Last thing I want is to go back to who I was before we met. Besides my memories, it would change my personality too, wouldn’t it?”

“Affirmative” Erin confirmed. “It would be likely to affect you on many levels. But if I can access the data, I can filter out just the information we need.”

I took my tablet and clicked the drive into the slot, giving Erin access to it. Erin’s avatar turned into a loading circle as she instantly began processing the information. “This will take a few moments to analyze.”

As I finished my breakfast, Alexia copied what I did and prepared her own food. She was very smart, and was learning quickly on her own. Both girls were actually. Lyss sat at the table and watched me with envious eyes. I could see the worry in her.

“If we do this, they might decide they want me back again after all… this could be our last day together” she announced sadly.

Now that she said it out loud, it sounded more real. Everything just seemed more tense. I didn't have anything to say about that, she was right but it was our only option.

“Master, Miss Lyss, everything will be fine” Alexia assured us. We knew she had no way of knowing that, but it did lighten the mood.

“Yeah” I agreed.

“Sir,” Erin chimed, “the memories are indeed encoded. But I should be able to decode them and disable any personality programming installed. It will take an hour or two but I should be able to convert this into a safe format Lyss can read without fear of losing herself.”

“Alright. Let's do that” I agreed. I put my dishes in the dishwasher and made sure Alexia put the milk away. “Lyss and I have to head into work now. Please behave Lexie, we don't want anything bad to happen to you.”

She took a big mouthful of cereal and smiled, nodding.

“Come on” I beckoned to Lyss as I got ready to head out the door.

“One sec” she signaled and hopped into the bedroom only to emerge moments later carrying a shopping bag with her.

“What's that?” I asked as I grabbed my keys.

“A change of clothes” she explained. “As soon as I get out of there I am wearing something better than this” she gestured to her work outfit. I conceded; there was no point in arguing with a girl when it came to clothes.

“Now behave today Lexie” I called out as I opened the door. “Don’t let anyone see you, don’t answer the door, don’t go outside… and don't make any messes.”

She took a big bite of breakfast and looked up at me, smiling with her mouth full. She gave me a big enthusiastic nod. I hoped she would behave this time, but I doubted it, which is why I left Erin in charge.

Lyss and I left the apartment, entering the still dark morning. The sun was only starting to light the corner of the sky. I hated getting up before the sun. Lyss looked around confused.

“Shouldn’t it be bright out?” she asked.

“Well we are up so early the sun hasn’t risen” I explained. “It will be up shortly.”

We walked together to the car. In the back of my mind I feared we would run into Alexia’s ‘sister’ again. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea leaving Lexie behind but I couldn't take her with me. I made sure to keep a solid grip on Lyss’s hand, just in case. It was cool in the early morning air, so she stayed pretty close to me. I thought it was strange that an android, whose computer systems would function better in the cold, preferred warmth. Then again her skin was a very delicately fine-tuned system which could be damaged in too much cold or heat. As such her body struck a strange balance off warm and cold, feeling warm on the outside, but cool within.

We made it in the car without incident, and drove toward the shop. Not long after I pulled out of the parking lot, Lyss confided in me.

“I don’t want to go back” Lyss noted quietly.

“I can turn around if you want to stay home” I suggested.

“Not that, I don’t want to go back to my owner.”

“Better that than being auctioned off.”

She shook her head. “I don’t know. I have a bad feeling about my owner, something unpleasant. Nervous maybe.”

I took her hand to console her. “I’ll do everything I can to keep you… with me.”

“I know” she shrugged. “I… think I had a dream last night.”

“Yeah?”

“Well… I think it was. I know people call it sleeping, but before, with Bill, I was never in sleep mode. I never dreamed. At least I don’t remember if I did. But last night was different, and I remember something... It was weird.”

“What did you dream about?”

“You, and me. We were working on an android… I think it was Lexie… and there were talking cats in it… Are dreams supposed to not make sense?”

“Well, I don’t know for androids, human dreams can feel very realistic but often have ridiculous events. Sometimes they just don’t make any sense at all.”

“I guess it’s par for the course then” she noted. “It didn’t really make any sense at all. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt... let’s put on some music.” Lyss started messing with the radio, until she found a station playing a classic rock song. “Ooo… Domo Arigatou Mr. Roboto… now there’s a theme song a robo-gal can get behind.”

Lyss ended up singing the rest of the way to work, even acting out air guitar and silly dance moves in the seat. I thought it was ironic how Lyss was pretending to do ‘the robot’ and doing a horrible job at it. At least she could sing.

When we got to the parking lot, it was completely empty. I decided this time to park close to the entrance, away from any hiding places a panther might hide. We got out of the car and into the building in record time, locking it behind just to be safe.

“Never thought I’d actually want to be here” Lyss admitted, flipping on the lights.

“Shall we then?” I gestured toward the repair room. Lyss nodded and took the lead. Once inside, Lyss put down her bag and exhaled.

“Let’s get that thing installed” Lyss requested.

“Let me just grab the parts and I’ll be right back.”

I dashed out of the room and fetched the exact part from the front. I knew it was going to mess up inventory count, and would likely be considered stealing, but I was using it for a good cause, so that makes it alright, doesn’t it? Either way I was doing this, and it was a rather cheap part that didn’t cost much, so I doubt anyone would really notice or care.

Moments later, I was back in the repair room with the induction receiver, watching Lyss wander about the room nervously.

“You alright?” I asked.

She looked up at me and smiled, brushing her hair aside. “Yeah… I’ll be fine. I’m just nervous.”

“This will be an easy procedure” I assured her.

“Not that…”

“Yeah… me too” I admitted realizing she was still deep in thought about meeting her owner. “Shall we?”

She shrugged her shoulder. “I guess. I just hope this isn’t wasted on me if I end up…”

“It’ll be fine. I promise you we will spend many more nights in bed together” I lied. I couldn’t promise that, but it did make her smile. She needed the reassurance, even if it was only a false hope.

She sat on the examination table and started untying the base of her shirt again.

“No need for all that” I told her. “For this I can work around your shirt. I mean unless you *want* to get naked.”

“Oh, heh... maybe later” she said nervously. “Is this what it feels like to go into surgery?”

“Umm…” I shrugged. “I guess. But I’ve opened you up just yesterday.”

“Yeah, but that was an emergency, this is not. I guess I’m just nervous. Because you’ll have to shut me down entirely. A hard shutdown.”

“For this… yeah. I will. But it should be a quick install.”

“I hate getting shut down” she twisted her mouth. “It feels weird, in a bad way… and starting up can hurt sometimes too. It’s why I usually only go into standby. Even a soft shutdown still runs power to my vitals. Plus I just lose all that time, it’s like I blink and it’s another day. I think it’s why I don’t like blackouts.”

That was why she was nervous. Maybe she was afraid she’d never wake up, or she’d miss something important. She’d have no control or awareness of anything, and that was probably the most vulnerable she could be. But here she was ready for me to do exactly that. Because she trusted me. And I didn’t want to let her down.

“I wish there was another way” I told her.

“I know. Don’t worry about it, I can handle it. I just don’t like it. Ready?”

“Yeah” I answered opening the package to the gadget.

“You remember how to start me up, right?”

“Button behind your ear” I explained. She nodded. There was a hidden panel there which allowed access to her power, and was only used for powering a unit on. Shutting one down was more complicated. But Lyss made it easy.

“Alright” she sighed nervously as she laid back on the table and held my hand tight. “No point delaying this. See you on the flip-side.” With that, she closed her eyes and inhaled, squeezing my hand, before a tone emanated from within her body, and she exhaled. Her grip went limp, along with the rest of her. Lyss shut herself down, and was now completely off.

It felt weird, seeing my girlfriend lying like that on a table. It was a little morbid honestly, but I knew she would be alright.

I lifted her up from the table, careful not to drop her since she was now completely limp and not helping me carry her at all. I carefully placed her on a chair, backward, using a cloth over the back of the chair to protect her as I leaned her over it, exposing her back.

I pulled my tablet out, and started it up. Erin’s face appeared and greeted me.

“Good to be out and about, sir” she said.

“Good to see the connection is working” I replied. “I need you to help me with something important. More important than Lyss’s memories. I need you to help me figure out if my girlfriend has hidden systems in her, or if she has anything that’s been restricted or disabled.” I decided I didn't want to tell Lyss about these potential systems she might have, just in case I was wrong. I didn't want to get her hopes up.

“I remind you sir I am not designed to repair androids” Erin warned.

“Well you are now. In fact, start learning as much about advanced robotics as you can. I have the feeling I am going to need you to help me with this for a while yet.”

“Of course sir, I would be glad to.”

“But start with the restricted or disabled systems I mentioned. I have a feeling Lyss has secrets of her own she isn’t even aware of.”

“Right away sir. Please give me a few minutes to search and compile the data.”

“Sure. I’ll be installing the induction receiver in the meantime. This takes priority over your other functions right now. How is Alexia doing?” I wondered.

“I told her to clean up after herself, and she is right now browsing the internet” Erin conveyed.

“Ok, good. Let me know if anything bad happens.”

“Of course” she nodded on screen.

I turned to Lyss and lifted the back of her shirt, exposing the large panel on her lower back. Using a specialized tool, I carefully pried up the edge of the panel until it automatically released and opened.

Inside her lower back was her power core. It was fairly large, and had a special connection I had used the day before to give amplified power. All I really needed to do this time was install a small circuit with a chip and wires, which would act as another, safer method for charging her. Not only was induction charging cool, it could prevent power surges and no data could be transferred into her through it. It was also faster than traditional charging because it was tired directly into her power core.

It didn't even take long to install. Within minutes I had finished the operation and was closing her up. I knew Erin wouldn't be done yet so I decided to move onto the next step of my plan. Seeing if Lyss actuality did have the systems required to eat.

It would be easy to check this, as a digestive tract is hard to miss when you look for it. Just feeling her stomach wouldn't work either, since most realistic androids had muscles and power supply units put there designed to mimic the look and often feel of innards. I actually dreaded looking at this because I feared it would gross me out if I was right. But I swallowed my fears and pushed forward.

I carried Lyss back to the examination table and laid her out on her back, lifting her shirt up slightly. She had two panels here, with a seam running between her abs. I gently ran my fingers over the seam, remembering how she giggled when I did last night. I ever so carefully worked one of the panels free, releasing both at once.

As I lifted the panels up and out of the way, I was greeted with more artificial muscle. I disconnected them at one end and lifted them aside, to reveal a complex system mainly comprised of a large white and black flattened elongated tube running through her belly in a very particular pattern. She had an intestine. It ran up high under her chest cavity and down into her hips.

Lyss could eat.

I was overjoyed at this discovery for some reason, relieved for her, but also concerned and worried. I was concerned she would not like eating and everything that came along with it, or that it was broken and repairing one of these was something I usually outsourced. I was worried why her digestive system was disabled, and what that could mean, but more than anything I was excited and happy.

I could finally have a meal with the girl I liked. I could buy her a nice dinner or make us lunch or show her my favorite foods and explore her own tastes. My mind was filled with possibilities of what this could mean, both good and bad.

Maybe Bill disabled it to make her easier to handle in the shop, but that could also lower her value at auction. Maybe her owner did it to her for some reason. Maybe there was a bug in her programming that disabled this system.

And now that I knew this was in her, what other systems might she have in her that was being restricted? I didn't even know where to look, but Erin might.

“Erin, how is that research coming?” I asked.

“There is a plethora of data on these topics, is there any way to narrow the results?”

“Well, use everything you know now, and look for anything specifically on digestive tracts in androids.”

“Yes sir” she replied. “Searching… Searching… Comprising data… Analysing… I believe I am able to assist in this particular aspect sir, but I will continue my research at my discretion.”

“That's fine. So it appears Lyss here has a hidden digestive system. I want you to help me enable it and look for any other systems that might be disabled.”

“Certainly” Erin replied. “Please connect the tablet to her system and I will start my analysis.”

I fetched the tablet from the desk nearby and laid it next to Lyss’s head. Gently lifting her shoulders and head, I sat Lyss up part way and manually opened hey ports on her neck. I connected the tablet and laid her back down carefully.

“I will need more power to bring up her systems” Erin alerted. “Please connect an additional power source to her.”

I used an available port on her neck to run a cable to the wall for power. Erin’s avatar changed to a circle as she began to process the data.

“How long do you think this will take?” I wondered.

“For a human, several hours, I should be done momentarily” she replied. Thank goodness she was working again, I never would have been able to do this all by myself. At least not in one day, let alone a few minutes.

I say but patiently waiting, not sure what to do. For the first time I felt helpless, like I couldn't do anything for her. I ended up just starting down at Lyss, studying the curves of her body, the sloping lines of her seams, the way her hair naturally spiked up. I gently ran my fingers through her hair, noticing how realistic her hair and skin felt even when she was cold.

“Bingo” Erin called out. “I have located over half a dozen systems in her that have been disabled, but no notes on the reasoning have yet been found. I am running into a slight error though, her digestive system appears to not only be offline but also disconnected physically. I need you to look in her chest or abdomen for any loose or severed connections. It is likely in her lower chest” she requested.

I nodded and started to look deeper inside Lyss. She had such a slim frame it was hard to look around without pulling something out. I grabbed those magnifier lenses and a small light, attached them to my glasses, and delved in. After exploring her abdomen, I decided to try her chest.

I untied her shirt, lifted up her new bra, and opened her chest panels. Her chest split it two, one breast on each side, exposing her most vital systems outside of her brain. She was very complex here, and I knew it might take a while to find what I was looking for, so I narrowed my search to over small area that I felt was more likely to have it.

At last I found something that looked like a wire that was pulled out of its socket, buried deep in her body by her spinal column. I could only barely reach it myself, but managed somehow to reach inside and reconnect it with just the tips of my fingers.

“Connection established” Erin announced as soon as I heard the wire click into place.

I exhaled, relieved, and made sure everything else was still in place before closing her up and straightening out her clothes again. As I did I pondered out loud. “i wonder what other systems were locked.”

“Well I see several related to her digestive system, a couple related to her skin, one related to her hair, and a few I assume control something in her mind. Unfortunately I cannot give you more details than that right now.”

“Oh… That's a lot actually” I contemplated as I pressed her chest into place with a click.

“Alright, I am ready to proceed” she announced. “Would you like me to unlock all these systems?” She asked before continuing.

I nodded, “yes.”

“This procedure will take approximately two hours. I will alert you when it's complete.”

Two hours… Geez. I guess there was nothing else I could do at the moment but wait. I decided to plug in the tablet Erin was connected through, to make sure she didn’t unexpectedly lose the connection at a vital moment. As I was connecting a cord, I noticed something on the table I had forgotten about yesterday. I must have let it there in the room by accident after all the craziness that happened. It was the device that stored Lyss’s data transfer. I left the device inside her, connected to her data port, and recorded the content of it to this remote drive, which I intended to have Erin analyze since it was encoded. It had all the content of Trevor’s slave device he was using against her, and I needed to know what that was. I picked it up and pocketed it and thought it might be best to have her analyze it a little later, when things weren’t so hectic.

I decided to let Erin do her thing, and left the room, locking it behind me. Instead I just busied myself in the office, and once I got bored of that, I began working on some of the bots that needed repair that I had been neglecting. I still had a job to do. At least until Bill fired me for dating Lyss.

I heard the door in back open behind me and turned to see Trevor coming in, keys in hand. It seemed awfully early to me, and he was surprised to see me too.

“Oh, didn’t realize you were going to be in so early. How’s our sleeping beauty?” he asked.

“Still sleeping. I’m just running some maintenance on her now. Figured I’d come in early, to make sure she had no damage from that blackout and run some tests” I fibbed. At least it sounded believable. I recalled what he did last time I saw him, and shuddered to myself.

“Cool” he nodded. “I’m just catching up on inventory. A shipment is supposed to come in and I need to make sure it gets input properly.”

“Guess his job required odd hours sometimes,” I surmised quietly to myself, though I really figured he just wanted some alone time with Lyss before I came in, and suppressed another shudder.

Before I realized it, the time had come to open the store. Other employees had come in, the lights were all on, chatter was going on in the background, and I had missed it all concentrating on my work while thinking deeply about everything going on. I pulled myself away from the android I was repairing just in time to open the doors.

It wasn’t until after I got back to my workstation and picked up a soldering iron to continue my work when my phone buzzed at me. I glanced at the screen impatiently. Erin was alerting me that her work on Lyss was finished.

Excitedly, I entered the repair room and approached the still figure. It was an eerie feeling, but soon Lyss would be back to her old self, maybe even better. I picked up the tablet and looked at the readout Erin had put up for me.

“Everything is in order” she told me. “Her systems are very complex, so even though they have been activated, it will still take several hours for them to fully come online. She has to process all the new data, which she can do in the background.”

“Thanks so much for doing this. When you are done with Lyss’s memories, I have another drive I need you to decode and analyze. It is a recording of the malware that Trevor was using on Lyss. I just need to know what it was doing to her.”

“Of course sir.”

“So is there anything else I need to know about Lyss’s upgrades?” I wondered, disconnecting the tablet from her neck and making sure her clothes were straightened out.

“Basically she will need to eat to replenish fluids and nanobots in her blood, and she can use the rest to help with her power needs, but she should still be charged regularly to be safe. But unfortunately my limited knowledge of her systems and advanced androids in particular will not be of much help for you. You two are going to have to figure it out on your own.”

“Thanks” I nodded. “For everything. I could never have done this without you.”

“Th-thank you, sir” Erin stuttered. How odd that she started to pick up more personality traits. Well as long as she kept working, I couldn’t care less.

I sat down next to Lyss and held her hand, just like before when I shut her down, and firmly pressed the hidden button behind her ear. A futuristic tone chimed from within her torso, and she inhaled. I watched as her eyes started to move under her eyelids, and her breathing increased. I felt her hand tighten around mine. Her eyelids started to flutter, and her eyebrow furrowed. It looked like she was in pain, but moments later her eyes opened and she looked around the room, breathing through her mouth, panting.

“Lyss?”

“Shit” she cussed as she held her forehead with her free hand. “there’s that headache again… So how’d it go, doc?”. She knew I hated to be called that.

“I’m a repair technician, not a doctor. But everything is fine. Better than fine” I smiled.

“How long was I out?” She asked as she sat up, still holding my hand.

“Ohh… about 2 hours.”

“2 hours!? I thought you said it was a quick installation” she spat, squinting one eye in pain.

“Well it was. But then I noticed something else-”

“Do NOT tell me you found something else wrong with me! I’m starting to run out of fucks to give” she complained.

“Not exactly. I just found some systems that had been deactivated in you. I had Erin turn them back on. I have no idea why they were off in the first place” I explained, grinning.

She looked at me suspiciously. “What’s with that face? What did you do? What, am I secretly a cat also?” she said feeling her head for cat ears.

“No” I laughed. “Nothing like that. Erin couldn’t really figure all of them out, but we’re sure you are better off with them on.”

“You’re not going to tell me, are you?” She leered at me.

“I don’t know them all myself.”

“So what do you know?” She asked, rubbing her temples.

“I know it’s time to get to work. I have some more research I want to do, and I’m thinking I might buy lunch for everyone. Do you think pizza will be alright?”

She raised an eyebrow at me and then threw her hands in the air. “Fine! If you don’t want to tell me, fine! But I don’t like you keeping secrets from me. Me, your girlfriend. Who might have a headache coming on every night from now on until she is satisfied you are not keeping secrets from her.”

I laughed more, unable to hold myself back. “It's not a secret, it's a surprise” I assured her. “One you’ll love. Trust me.”

She rolled her eyes. “I do trust you… you know that. Just please for once take it easy on me. I would love a day where I don’t have to worry about what else is going wrong with me.”

“Nothing is wrong with you” I promised.

“Yeah? Except falling for a guy like you maybe” she muttered under her breath. “Fine. I’ll let it be a surprise. But you sure as well better make it worth it. If this isn’t something huge, I’m gonna deck you.”

“Oh, I think you’ll be happy with this.”

I offered her my hand, and she gave it a good long stare, twisting her face into a reluctant smile, and took it, letting me help her off the examination table. She hopped down, and looked up at me. “You sure seem to be in a good mood” she noticed.

“Well why wouldn’t I be. I got the girl of my dreams, a job i’m good at, and a surprise you will love.”

“I better.” She lightly punched my arm, but I responded by ruffling her hair. “Alright, alright. What now?”

“We get back to work while Erin finishes with your memories.”

Lyss shrugged. “Sure, it'll take my mind off things for a bit. But I get to listen to whatever I want as loud as I want” she demanded.

“It's not like I ever stopped you before.”

Lyss smiled and opened the door, looking around a bit and heading to her work station. I followed her, noticing something was different about her, in a good way. But I couldn't put my finger on it.

We started working together on the android I started, and managed to finish it up rather quickly. Which was good, there were plenty more to catch up on since yesterday. Lyss was really starting to get into the music selection. She once again we attached the music player I kept around into her arm and was playing it from a speaker within her own body. She was really rocking it out after a while, listening to some of my more obscure selection of progressive metal. I figured I’d order some pizza, just a few pies, for the crew, and for Lyss’s first meal. I wish I could do something nicer or fancier, but this just seemed to suit her well, and it was the only thing I could think of that wouldn’t arouse suspicions. After we got a good headway on the next android, I let Lyss fly solo for a bit while I ordered food. Working with her hands again and listening to some heavy music seemed to really cheer her up.

As I returned after ordering a few pizzas, the music was turned down a bit, and that girl from the other day, Alice was talking with Lyss. Lyss barely looked up from her work even though she seemed to actually be engaging in conversation and not just nodding her head.

“You look good today” I overheard Alice say.

“Thanks. I feel a lot better after yesterday” Lyss explained.

“Is that a new outfit? Or maybe your hair?” Alice wondered.

“No, same old things.”

“New shoes!” she deduced.

I looked and realized Lyss was actually wearing a pair of new sneakers and socks I bought her yesterday, and I hadn’t noticed. Lyss looked as well and shrugged.

“That must be it.”

“Maybe… I dunno, I feel there’s something else-”

“Hey, uh... Alice right?”

“Oh, you can just call me Al” she grinned. “All my friends call me that… if I had any friends.”

“Oh I’m sure you have tons of friends” I responded.

Al shrugged. “Not really, I don’t get out much. I just don’t… socialize.”

“Sounds familiar” Lyss sighed, fidgeting with the tool in her hand. “You can count my friends on one finger. Maybe… I don’t know… do you want to be friends? It kinda sucks having no one to talk to around here, especially of the female variety.”

Al looked surprised, I know I was; Lyss was headstrong, but she was never really that forward with her feelings like this before, at least not with anyone but me. She tended to come off as rude or harsh to other people normally, but this was a different side to her. Maybe something more had changed in her after all.

“I… I don’t know,” Al hesitated, shaking her head. “Can humans and robots be ‘friends’?” she wondered.

“Why not? Kevin and I get along just fine, and you could say we’re more than just ‘friends’.” Lyss closed her mouth tight after realizing she admitted we were a couple. Oops. “You… uh… won’t tell anyone, right?”

Al’s face turned a few shades of red as I presumed she understood the implications of what Lyss slipped out. I could feel my own face warm up as I blushed, practically seeing Al create the scenario of Lyss and I together in her head. I panicked and gestured to Lyss to change the topic, running my finger across my neck..

“S- seriously? You two-? Is that allowed?” Al asked me directly. I was hoping to avoid this line of questioning for a little longer than this. “That’s not really normal, is it? You didn’t program her to- to- love you or anything, did you? You don’t even own Lyss, the shop does, right? So, how come you and she…” her words faded.

I froze like a deer in headlights, not sure how to answer that. Legally it was questionable; I didn’t own Lyss. Sure sex between a human and a robot was ‘allowed’, but it wasn’t as easy as all that. Not only was it looked down on, but there were legal problems to deal with, like ownership. Lyss saw me panic and came to my rescue.

“Look… he asked me out and I accepted, ok? I… wanted him, and he agreed. He didn’t reprogram me.”

Al looked suspiciously at her. “That sounds like something a reprogrammed bot might say.”

Lyss rolled her eyes. “Believe what you want, I’m telling you we both genuinely want this. I’ve been thinking about it for a long time, but it wasn’t until I left here yesterday that I was able to really express myself. Kevin didn’t force me to do anything. He was the one that didn’t want to-”

“Lyss…” I hissed, my face glowing red.

“Uhh” she caught herself. “He… uh… he was a gentleman the entire time” she corrected herself. “Until I got him in the sack” she murmured with a smile. “What?” she asked glaring at my clearly frustrated expression. She turned to Al, who was also red from ear-to-ear. “Look, Alice… Al… Kevin did me a huge favor. He helped me a lot, and you made our time together possible. He didn’t do anything to me I didn’t ask him to. I hope you can trust me on this.”

“Is that true, Kevin?” Al questioned.

I silently nodded. “Lyss has been through alot lately; we both have. I just wanted to make things easier on her, to help her out. I can’t help it if she came onto me. The last thing I want to do is reprogram her like some other love-doll or something. The only thing I did was try to sever whatever hold Bill has on her. Besides, it’s no fun if your partner is made to love you. She just does it on her own.”

Al thought for a moment and slowly nodded. “And you want to be my friend, Lyss?”

Lyss nodded with a shrug. “Neither of us have many friends, and you helped us out yesterday.” Lyss put aside the tool she was fidgeting with and looked down at her shoes. “You, umm, didn’t tell anyone we left yesterday, did you?” she asked quietly.

Al shook her head. “No, I’d never do that. I promised I wouldn’t.” She looked away, avoiding our eyes as I sat across from Lyss. “I must say I *am* surprised. And impressed by you. I always thought androids were more… stiff, and not so…natural. But after seeing you work, I often forget you’re an android at all, even up close like this. It feels weird, but I- I’d be happy to be your friend.”

Lyss grinned widely as she realized she made herself a new friend.

“You two seem to be hitting it off well” I commented.

“Much better than last night with… um… your cats.”

“Oh you have cats?” Al asked.

“Umm… sort of” I scratched my head.

“Yeah, I get it, cats really have you, right?” Al deduced. “I wish I could have a cat. I bet they are cute.”

“You could say that” I replied.

“If you could just house train that one…” Lyss remarked.

As Lyss continued to chat with Al about cats and clothing and… well not much else really, I got back to work. Eventually Al returned to her own station, leaving Lyss and I to work together to the beat of the music she was still pumping out.

“She’s nice” Lyss noted. “I hope I can hang out with her sometime.”

“I’m sure you will” I replied concentrating on a damaged circuit. “You should have girl friends as well as guy friends.”

“Girlfriends? But you know I’m straight.”

I laughed. “Not that kind of girl friend.”

She caught on and laughed heartily with me. She was really pretty when she laughed. And lately something about her seemed even more… alluring. Or perhaps it was just me.
Last edited by gynoneko on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

gynoneko

Re: Lost but Found, Chapter 9 - A Seamless Transition

Post by gynoneko » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Moments later, Trevor came waltzing in, carrying 3 large pizzas.

“Alright, who ordered the pizza?” he called out. “You know I had to sign for this? That means I get first dibs!”

He placed the pizzas in the corner table, near the water cooler, grabbed a paper plate from a cabinet, and took a slice, stuffing it into his face before anyone could object.

“It’s for everyone” I announced. “I figured I’d treat everyone for dealing with me since Bill is out. It’s the least I can do, right?” I got a few random half-hearted cheers. I managed to grab a plate for myself, and slapped two slices of the thickest gooiest pizzas ever to grace this store. They both had 3 meats and a few random veggies, some standard combination that was very popular, which I happened to enjoy. As Trevor, Al, and the few other employees gathered around the table, I returned to the workstation, carrying my prize, and placed it on a side table between Lyss and myself.

“That smells really good” Lyss sniffed glancing up at me, trying to ignore me as I took a big bite of Meat Trio pizza. I stretched the cheese, letting it droop down, teasing her. I could see her glance up at me with a smirk, pretending to ignore me. “Jerk” she smiled, as she held her stomach nonchalantly. I could see a tinge of green in her hair as she tried to focus on her work; the scent of the pizza in the air clearly getting to her.

I placed the slice aside, hoping she was ready to take a bite herself, but I didn’t know when her systems would fully activate themselves. I wanted to give her a decent first meal, but I had to wait until she was ready. She winced and held her stomach again.

“You alright?” I asked.

“Yeah… Umm… maybe. I just… what did you do to me in there?” She sighed as the hunger pains passed. “Whatever, I’m fine. Let’s me just work.”

I shrugged. Maybe her digestive tract was only getting started but hadn’t yet activated fully. It was a complex system, and probably needed a lot of time to initialize. I figured she’d ask for a slice when it finally hit her, so I got back to the job at hand.

I was probably 5 minutes into the repair when I was suddenly distracted by a noise, I looked up and saw Lyss holding a slice of pizza with a bite out of it, looking confused, but also euphoric. Slowly she chewed her bite as a moan escaped her throat. Closing her eyes, she held her breath as she savored the flavor and swallowed.

“Oooohh” she moaned. “This… wait! What am I doing?! I can’t eat! I’ll break!” she worried, putting the slice down on the plate.

“Are you sure about that?” I asked. Lyss looked at me, confused, but suddenly a light went off in her head, and realization filled her features.

“You didn’t!”

i nodded with a grin, “We did.”

“But… how?”

“You were equipped to eat this whole time, you just had it disabled for some reason.”

“No way!” she balked. “You’re pranking me!”

“Never!” I defended. “Go on… try another bite.”

Lyss licked her lips, and cautiously brought the slice to her mouth for another taste.

“Oh my god… this… this is incredible!” she professed with her mouth full. She closed her eyes and chewed, swallowing and then panting. Her hair turned blonde.

“How do you feel?” I asked.

“Hungry!” she confessed and took another bite, and another, and scarfed the slice down, somehow savouring it despite the speed in which she inhaled it.

“Not too fast now. Do you like it?” I asked.

“Oh my god yes!” she admitted. “Can I have some more?”

“Certainly.”

I gladly went back over to the pizza, grabbed 2 more slices, and brought them back. By now, I realized a few people had noticed Lyss, including Al. Not surprising since she was acting like she had a small climax after each bite.

“Kevin! How did you know I could eat?” she questioned as she stuffed another bite in her mouth. I laughed at the way she ate, but she didn’t care. She was in heaven.

“I just noticed little things about you, and got suspicious. I decided to check to see if you could eat.”

“Is that what you… oh my god this is good… what you were doing for 2 hours?”

“Pretty much” I admitted. “But take it easy, I don’t want you to get sick on your first meal” I warned.

She nodded. “Right… ok.” She inhaled and let out a satisfied sigh. “Kevin… I… I don’t know how to thank you!”

“It’s nothing…”

“No! This is amazing! It’s like I’ve been missing this and never realized.” She got up and came over to me, giving me a hug. I noticed Al look away nervously as she did. “This has to be the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me! Well… second nicest. Third? Whatever, it is amazing!”

When she finally released me from her embrace, pretty much everyone there was watching. Even Trevor, who had one eyebrow raised. But Lyss didn’t care, she just beamed from ear to ear. Her smile could melt my heart. I grew flustered just looking at her.

“Well… you’re worth it” I shrugged. She giggled at me and held my hands, ready to go in for a kiss. I hesitated, looking around, and she realized she was being stared at, and ran her hand through her hair, rubbing the array of colors back into it. She swayed around nervously, giggling to herself and looked down at my shoes. Just then I got a buzz on my phone. I pulled it out and looked; Erin was altering me. Something was up and she wanted to talk in private.

“I have to… um… go take this… I’ll be right… right back” I stammered like a giddy school boy.

“Well then… I’ll just… get back to… uh… my… um… back to work. Yeah.” Lyss replied in an equally school-girlish way. It was like we were school kids caught hold hands or something. I was embarrassed that I was being so stupid, but I couldn’t help myself

Lyss turned away first, always looking down, leaving me to my own devices. I decided whatever Erin needed to tell me was probably best taken in the office. I turned toward the stairs, hoping the stares of my coworkers faded off. I unlocked the office and looked back, noticing Lyss looking up at me smiling. I returned the smile and went into the room.

“Sir” Erin interjected, startling me out of my daze. I looked down at my tablet and blinked at the female avatar. “I have completed Lyss’s memory decoding, and formatted them for her so she can safely access them.”

“Oh, good.” I smiled.

“Not really” she cautioned. “There were far fewer memories stored in her than I expected. Like she was only active for a few weeks, a month at best.”

“That’s odd” I agreed. “Did you see anything in there of use to us?”

“Well… I can’t” she admitted. “I can only organize these files, I can’t read the content. Her system is vastly different from my own. I think she uses a proprietary OS fitted with an emulator off some kind. I will have to dive further into my research.”

I thought about that for a moment. Some element of Lyss’s system was unreadable by Erin, and even Alexia noticed she was different when she connected to her last night. I had no idea she wasn’t using a standard OS. And yet Alexia and all my hardware worked fine inside her. She must have a very complex OS indeed to store her memories in one format but still read others.

“So is this bad?” I wondered out loud.

“Nooo... “ Erin drawled. “Just unusual. There are plenty of competing OS’s for androids. I just don’t recognize the format hers is using to store her memories. But I can still organize them for her. She should be able to process the memories herself from here on out. Although…”

“What?” I snapped, looking at Erin’s avatar impatiently.

“It may take a few hours for her mind to properly install and access them.”

“A few hours? Why?”

“She has a very complicated OS, and her memories are fragmented. Her system can defragment them and realign them, but that process is not a fast one.”

I sighed. “Well it’s better than nothing, right?”

“Maybe. Like I said, she doesn’t have much to remember.”

“Well as long as the address and name of her owner are in there, I think that’s all we need.”

Erin’s avatar nodded, agreeing with me. “That should be among the first data processed. But I warn you, if she starts to get confused about her past, or starts to exhibit unusual behaviors, you should terminate the procedure.”

I nodded. “So is it on the drive?” I asked.

“Her drive has a write permissions restriction on it” Erin explained. “Get me another drive, and I can copy the files to it in 10 minutes.”

“Alright” I agreed, removing the drive from the tablet. I looked around the office and started sorting through all the computer equipment for another drive like it. There had to be one somewhere. There were loads of similar ones around, and tons downstairs, but I didn’t want to be seen stealing one of these from inventory. As I looked through the shelves of disorganized documents and boxes, one binder fell out onto the desk. To my relief, an unopened package with the same drive inside fell down with it.

I hastily opened the package, put it in the tablet, ran an initializer, and got Erin started. While she copied data, I decided it was probably best to return the original drive to the safe, so it looked untouched. I opened it up and carefully placed it back where I found it, between some papers where it must have been overlooked when Bill was in a rush to grab everything important.

I then went about cleaning up the mess I made. The binder I dropped on the desk had fallen open to a page where a small invoice I didn’t recognize was stuffed inside. It was for 2 gynoids, plastic models. High end ones at that. In fact, they were just like the ones I had to send out for further repairs when I discovered damage in their memory banks a month or so ago. Come to think of it… they WERE the same two gynoids. The invoice was for the repair center, except it looked more like a receipt of payment FOR us. No… for Bill. That was odd. The company had a small logo, which looked like a black rectangle with two white triangles side by side in it. Underneath it said “Arlington Android Marketing”. That was it.

The logo seemed oddly familiar though, even though I had never seen the name before. I looked through the other binders until I found one that I had used in the past to submit bots for external repairs. As I looked at the orders for I filled out, I found matching ones for payments we received for them. And not a small amount. The few fleshies I recalled sending out for more work, often at the behest of Bill, fetched a generous amount indeed. And all of them were gynoids. The same logo existed on all the documents, even though none of the ones I ever filled out had the name printed on it. I delved deeper, looking into every receipt and order form I could find.

I tried to recall recall each of these units. I didn’t remember all of them, but I did remember enough to get suspicious. Money was going the wrong way for this, and there had to be a reason for it. I was told that once these gynoids were sent off, they would be repaired within 2 months and shipped back to the owner directly. I never questioned it; we were the middleman at that point, so it made sense to remove us from the equation. But I never researched to see if that was what was really happening.

“Ready” Erin chimed, startling me. I shook my head and frantically put the documents back into place. Something really was going on. Why would Bill be getting paid to send broken bots to a repair shop? What was I a part of?

My hands were shaking as I pulled the drive from the tablet.

“Is everything alright sir?” Erin asked. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

“I… it’s nothing” I assured her, taking a breath to calm myself down. I knew she could read me in ways only an AI could, and she knew I was lying, but I also knew she was smart enough not to press me on it. “I’ll tell you later.”

I pocketed the drive and returned downstairs, my mind distracted by everything I just found. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I heard a commotion.

“Don’t touch me, you son of a BITCH!” Lyss shouted. I looked up in time to see her turning around standing from her chair to face Trevor, who had his hand on her shoulder. An instant later, faster than I could process, Lyss slugged Trevor straight in the jaw as hard as she could, knocking him to the floor. She stood up over him, huffing, her hands in fists, and her hair fiery red. Trevor looked up at her shocked and confused, backing away from her a little as he grabbed his jaw where she struck him.

I rushed over. Lyss was staring daggers into him as he lay prone before her, trying to comprehend what happened.

“You goddamn bastard! Don’t you EVER touch me again, you little shit!” Lyss fumed before spitting at him. I rushed to her side to try to calm her down. As soon as my hands reached her shoulders, the tension in her released and she started to shake a little.

“Lyss! Calm down… everyone’s looking” I murmured in a hushed voice. She glanced up at me, pain and anger in her eyes, as her hair faded back to normal. Lyss glared down at Trevor, and shook her hand.

“Ow” she hissed silently. She turned away from Trevor and marched over to the pizza, grabbed a slice, stuffed it in her mouth in front of everyone, and marched back to her station.

“What the hell was that, Kevin?” Trevor protested while confronting me, still holding his jaw and on the ground.

“Al, could you get him a cold pack please?” I asked Alice. She paused, flustered for a second, but then ran to the first aid kit on the wall.

“What did you do to her? Make her crazy? She hit me! And what’s up with her hair!? And… and eating?”

“I didn’t do anything.” I defended. “You did.”

“What?! Bill is going to be furious when he-”

“Bill isn’t going to do a damn thing” I growled at him. I noticed a small black device on the floor nearby him, and I leaned down to pick it up. “Because Bill isn’t going to know about it. Not unless you want him to know what you've been doing to her on company grounds every day.” I held up the device. Trevor’s face went white as a sheet.

“H- Hey now” he stammered. “I was just having a bit of fun!” he nervously laughed. “I mean… she’s just a robot, right? Right?”

I scowled at him, making him hesitate. But of course he didn’t stop entirely.

“Come on, it’s harmless fun! It’s not like androids can feel anything… I mean she is just a dumb robot… right? It’s not like she’s sentient… She’s just an appliance. There’s no way she’d even remember-”

“Touch her again” I interrupted, “and you won’t be getting back up.” Trevor stopped, and sat there silently as Al pressed a QuicKool pack to his jaw.

“Why are you being so protective of her” Trevor shouted, ignoring Al. “Oh… I see… You have a thing for mechanical girls too? You think she’s yours to play with, don’t you!? Newflash; she isn’t your-”

I almost kicked Trevor. As soon as I raised my foot back, he jerked away defensively. Al dropped the ice pack and backed away.

“Did you really think you weren’t hurting her?” I growled. “That she was just another ’Barbie’ to be fucked? You want to know what I did to her? Well I’ve been trying to fix the damage you’ve been doing to her!”

“Damage? I was never that rough-” he jerked back again when I stomped toward him. I wanted so much to kick him, but I was not going to resort to that. I turned to leave and heard him behind me. “You don’t mean she’s… she’s not actually sentient… right?” He laughed nervously, as though it was a joke. “You can’t be serious…” I didn’t even turn back to look at him and left, eager to see to Lyss.

I found Lyss sitting in her station silently. She was shaking out her right hand and wincing. “Fuck that stings like a bitch” Lyss hissed through her teeth. “I didn't think it would hurt that much.”

Her entire body was shaking, especially her right hand, as she looked at it. Without warning, her hand opened up, revealing her delicate inner workings, as she hissed from the pain.

I placed my hand on her shoulder, and she looked up at me. “I hit him” she stated.

“I saw. Are you ok?” I wondered.

“It felt… great!” She smiled. “I feel jittery though… like I did something bad but I had to do it.”

“I think you hurt yourself more than him” I observed.

“Yeah… guess I’m not built to be an MMA fighter after all… but it was worth it.” She calmed down and grabbed a screwdriver with her other hand and started poking at a knuckle. “Shit… I think I broke something.”

She started unscrewing a small component and unhinged a tendon. I watched, impressed, as she managed to remove a cracked joint. She suspired in relief as the pain seemingly vanished. “I think I need another one” she commented. “Could you?” She pleaded handing the broken piece to me.

I took it from her and noted the tiny text indicating the part number. It took a few minutes to find, but I fetched a spare joint from the repair room and returned, handing it to her. Trevor was no longer there, likely upfront nursing his wound, and his ego. Al, meanwhile, was standing nearby, fascinated as she watched Lyss make sure there was nothing else broken.

“Do you want me to help?” I offered, handing the spare part to her.

“I think I got this” she grinned. She quickly and elegantly inserted the new piece into her hand, and closed her hand, flexing it. As she opened and closed her hand, she twirled the screwdriver in her other hand and smiled silently to herself.

“Okay, what gives? You’ve been staring at me for like 10 minutes. What’s the deal?” Lyss asked looking over at Al who was still watching her nearby. She put down the tool and grabbed a crust of pizza and started chewing on it.

“Oh… right… Okay, well, Lyss, first of all, you punched out Trevor… doesn’t that violate some code or something? And then you just calmly started to repair yourself, while you’re eating. I’ve never seen anything like it!” Al didn’t mince words.

Al was right though, Lyss had done so many things in such a short span that she never could have done before, that secretly I was somewhat proud of her. She was adapting so fast to everything, and developing on her own. I never programmed her how to repair herself. Maybe something inside of her unlocked, but she handled herself well. She seemed more and more human, and somehow she seemed oblivious to it herself.

“I uh… just acted. He…” Lyss fell silent.

“He did some bad stuff to Lyss” I explained.

“Bad stuff? Oh... “ Al realized. “He does kind of have a slimy air about him. He grosses me out. Always hitting on the girls.”

“And taking advantage of them” Lyss finished, swallowing the bite in her mouth.

“Oh…” Al responded.

Lyss rubbed the back of her neck. “Let’s not talk about it.” We all agreed, nodding.

A few moments of awkward silence later, Al spoke up. “Your hair is cool. Has it always done that?”

Lyss half grinned. “Nah… It just started to it yesterday. But I kind of like it” she noted running her hand through her hair.

“It is really cool” I added with a smile.

“How’s your hand?” Al asked.

Lyss flexed her fingers and looked at it, raising it up to show it off. “I probably shouldn’t be joining Fight Club anytime soon, but it feels fine. And I have to admit, that was a great stress-reliever, I should do it more often” she joked, chuckling to herself.

Al looked closer at her hand as Lyss spread out her fingers. “There’s something… different about you” she noted. “I can’t tell what it is though. Your hand just looks…”

“Different…” I agreed, looking closer at her myself. “Lyss, could you stand up for me?”

Lyss looked confused, but stood up and faced me. I studied her as she stood there, looking closely at her own hand trying to see what we were seeing. Then suddenly it hit me.

“Lyss… your seams! They’re… they’re gone!” I practically shouted. Lyss’s eyes opened wide as she looked up and down her arms, and legs, and body.

“Holy shit! You’re right!” Lyss balked. “How… where…” she closed her eyes and shook her head, only to open them again and stare at her hands. “I... “

I don’t even know how long her skin has been like that, but all the subtle seams outlining her access panels had vanished. I gently held her left hand and studied it closely. I was mere inches from her arm, looking intently at her skin for any sign they were still there.

“Hey now” Lyss blushed. “Your breath is tickling me.”

I held my breath for a moment, and felt her skin. I couldn’t feel them either. The music player was still connected to her upper arm. I pulled it out, and the port there closed up automatically. Before my very eyes, the seams on her skin just disappeared like a zipper.

“Woah” all three of us exclaimed.

“I’m- I’m…”

“You look like Lexie” I noted. She was the only other epidermal android I knew that had no seams. I had literally no idea how that worked, and something told me I wouldn’t find much in terms of research, but I intended to find out as much as I could. I looked at her shocked face.

“What’s going on?” she wondered. “How-?”

I shook my head. “I don’t know for sure, but… Erin told me there were some systems involving your skin she unlocked. Maybe this is one of them.”

Lyss put her hand to her mouth and started to tear up. “I look human” she proclaimed. Lyss sat down, struggling to compose herself. “This is too much…” she noted.

“Lyss, are you ok?” Al asked.

She sat there silently inhaling and exhaling, water in her eyes. I held her hand and squeezed, still amazed at how perfectly natural and human she looked now. The tiny imperfections of her skin, the small peach fuzz hair on her face and body, the asymmetric design of her body. I realized now, looking at her, she was no regular gynoid, she was meant to be human. Not look human, not act human. No… she was meant to be as human as possible in every way. And I just unlocked all her systems. I hoped her mind was going to be able to handle the changes.

No wonder her auction estimate was so high. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was low for a gynoid like her. I kneeled down in front of Lyss, who started smiling, despite the tears. She looked up at me and laughed.

“Kev!” she choked as she reached out and gave me a hug, tightly embracing me. I returned the hug, not sure what was going on with her. She was crying, but she was shocked, and confused, but smiling and happy… And yet it just felt right. I held her tight until she let go.

Her smile filled the room as she looked into my eyes. But it faded away quickly when she looked behind me. I turned to look, and saw Trevor staring at us from the door, still holding the ice pack to his face. He looked shocked, confused, and… guilty. He quickly looked away and darted out of the room.

Just then Erin sent me an alert. I pulled out the tablet and looked down at it.

“Erin! Just the virtual girl I wanted to see. Thanks for all your help with Lyss! This is amazing!”

Erin’s avatar blushed as she smiled. “Of course, sir. Glad I could be of assistance.”

“Erin” Lyss said taking the tablet from me and looking down. “Thank you so much for… releasing my systems. I… I can’t thank you enough!”

“It was nothing” Erin replied with a smile.

“Who’s Erin?” Alice questioned.

“She’s the A.I. I developed. I used her to… um…” I figured Al was probably harmless and decided it would be fine to tell her a little. “She unlocked the systems in Lyss that let her eat and I guess fix her skin.”

“You made an AI? And it could do all that?”

“She is a pretty smart cookie” I smiled.

“And she lives in your tablet?” Al wondered.

“Not exactly… but I do use it to interact with her.”

“That’s so cool!” Alice exclaimed. “What else can she do?”

“Lots of stuff. Although she’s busy with a task right now” I explained. But I didn’t want to get too into this right now, not with everything going on. “We should probably be getting back to work. We’ve spent enough time messing around.”

“Oh. Of course. I’ll just be right over here if you need anything. Love the new look Lyss” Al smiled and sauntered back to her station.

Lyss, meanwhile, was still looking at her hands. She somehow was able to make the seams on her skin appear and disappear at will. She was getting a kick out of it and look up at me smiling.

“Hang on, I’ll be right back” she giggled and got up, quickly walking to the repair room. Just before she closed the door, she turned back to me and bit her lip with a wink. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but I got the feeling she wanted me to follow her.

She vanished behind the door. I, meanwhile, made sure everything got back to normal after that display. I saw Trevor up front helping a customer, although his regular smile and demeanor were gone. Alice was working again, and everyone was getting back to business as usual. I made sure to clean up the pizza boxes and wandered back to our station. Lyss was still gone, so I decided to check on her.

Slowly I opened the door to the room, and peered inside. Lyss was standing topless in the middle of the room, holding her breasts with her hands, and laughing as she looked down at her torso, turning the seams on and off. She noticed me and gasped, but soon smiled and hopped toward me, letting her breasts go free. I quickly locked the door as she jumped onto me, and held me tight.

“This is soo cool” she squealed. “I just want to… to…” And with that, Lyss planted her lips on mine, and started feeling me. She released me before I could get into it, and took a step back, raising her hands to her sides in a surprisingly girly fashion, and began twirling around, spinning in circles laughing.

I reacted before I could think, and grabbed her wrist, pressing myself against her. Lyss melted in my arms as I backed her into the exam table. She lifted one leg, and started kissing my neck and face, pressing herself against me. I wasn’t even aware of how fast it happened, but next thing I knew, Lyss was leaning over the table, and I was pounding myself relentlessly inside her.

I watched as the intense action rippled through her body, without a single seam in sight. Her skin looked completely human, and running my hands up her slender form and back revealed no sign she wasn’t. She groaned and panted but never said a word, letting me do what I wanted with her, and loving every moment of it. It wasn’t a long session. Shorter than the shower, but she came hard enough that she knocked some instruments to the floor in her intense writhing, her hair color going wild. As she tightened around me, I pushed deep inside her and filled her. She almost collapsed to the floor when I pulled out.

“Holy fuck Kev” Lyss panted, barely able to get the words out as she clung to the table shaking. “You’re like an animal… amazing!”

I leaned over her and chuckled, catching my own breath. “You are so hot, I couldn’t stop” I admitted.

She smiled widely. “Neither could I. I’m still feeling it!”

“But…” I started, getting to my feet and helping her up to hers, “we can’t make a habit of having sex at work.”

“Why not?” she pouted. I wasn’t sure if she was serious or not.

“Because I said so” I insisted. She stuck her tongue out at me playfully, making a silly face.

I grabbed my pants and pulled them up, noticing the small memory card Erin made for her fall out of the pocket. I leaned down and picked it up.

“Here” I suggested, handing Lyss the card with her memories on it. “You might want this. It’s your old memories.”

“Oh… uh… thanks” she muttered as she took it and studied it in her hand. It was hard to ignore her being topless, but I did my best.

“Aren’t you going to put it in so we can find your owner?” I questioned.

“Now? Oh… um…” she hesitated. “I… I don’t know… What if I learn something I don’t like? What if I DO change? What if we-?”

“You’ll be fine. It’ll take a few hours for the memories to return anyways, and Erin promised you’d still be yourself.”

She shrugged. “Yeah, I know. I’m just not sure I want to remember. I kind of like what we have right now, you know?”

“But what we have can’t last. At least not unless we can do something about it” I pleaded with her.

She reluctantly nodded. “Alright. I’ll… I’ll do it.” She sighed and opened a port on her head, sliding the card in. She stood there topless and silent for a few moments, closing her eyes, before taking a single deep breath and holding it. I could see her eyes darting back and forth under her eyelids as she started to process the data.

“I… um… I’m getting something. I can’t really be sure… let me sit down for a bit.”

I helped Lyss to the chair, and sat nearby patiently. She scrunched her face and furrowed her brows as she concentrated. It took a few minutes, but she eventually opened her eyes and blinked a few times before focusing on me.

“I think it’s working. I… I don’t really remember anything yet, but I can feel it organizing itself.”

“So… can you remember the name of your owner? Or the address?” I asked.

She looked up at the ceiling and twisted her lips. “Mmmm… maybe… it’s still confusing. Let me think about it. I’m sure it will come to me.”

I nodded and stood up. “Want to go back to work for a bit more?” I asked her.

Lyss scratched her head. “Not really. Could you get me something to drink? I’ll just think for a few minutes if that’s ok.”. Apparently she was feeling thirst as well, which is not a huge surprise, but I figured I’d give her water, rather than something dramatic like Soda, or something specifically for androids.

“Sure” I replied, getting up and leaving her alone in the room. I got her a glass, and grabbed my tablet, returning moments later. I figured I might as well check. in on Erin and Alexia. Something told me Alexia was going to get herself into trouble if I didn’t stay on top of things.

“Erin, how’s the status at home?” I asked as I approached the door.

There was no response.

“Erin?” Still nothing. I tapped on the screen to interact with her avatar. “Hello? Erin? Did I lose the connection?”

“Oh! Sir!” Erin’s avatar came to life, flustered. “Sorry, I was busy researching. Everything is just fine here.” Erin assured me.

“Ok. Thanks. Oh, um, can you analyze this for me? Carefully? I need to know what Trevor has been putting on Lyss” I asked, pulling the storage device with the recording of what happened yesterday from my pocket and plugged it into the tablet.

“Of course, I’ll get right on it, sir.”

As I closed the door behind me, I saw Lyss standing up, finishing adjusting her bra. She looked up at me as I entered.

“I remember something” Lyss announced. “An address.” She eagerly took the cup of water from me and drank from it, gulping loudly. “That’s cold” she reacted.

“And?” I wondered impatiently.

“And? Oh. Right. Um... 5580 Slater Drive” she recalled. “I think.”

I pulled out my phone and put in the address. It showed up out near the airport by the river. “Do you have his name?”

She shook her head. “No… not yet.”

“Well no time like the present” I said.

“Now? You want to leave now?” She questioned.

“Why not?”

“Besides work… I… It’s just… I’m afraid of losing ‘us’.”

I smiled and held her hand. “Lyss… I promise I will not ever leave you behind, or abandon you. No matter what.”

She nodded, still deep in thought. “Alright” she softly agreed. “Let’s just do it.”

She tugged at her skirt, and dropped it to the floor, stepping out of it, now standing only in her underwear and socks. I blushed as she pulled out a change of clothes from the bag she brought.

“Umm… I’ll just… check on a few things” I told her. She giggled, and held her clothes up to her front, covering herself until the door was closed behind me. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind me watching, or even helping, but now that her skin was so… human, it just felt strange. I had always known her as a gynoid, but now… she was something more. She had always been smart and snarky and witty and cool and pretty… but now I saw her more like… a girl. And somehow that changed things, for the better. Now that she looked the part, she felt even more the part than ever before. This might affect how people treated her, good or bad. I know I was already doing it.

I continued to think about her the entire time I closed up our station. It didn’t take long, although Alice seemed curious about it. I knew I’d have to come back later to close shop, and by leaving early meant Lyss and I would be behind on the work orders… again. But honestly, at this point, I didn’t care. I was likely going to get fired anyway when Bill got back. Sure I liked the job, but a man with my skills would be able to find another one before too long. Besides, if this worked, Lyss and I would never have to see Bill or this place ever again.

Lyss stepped out of the repair room, a little timid at first, but once she saw me, she marched right up. She was wearing a black halter top with a zipper down the front and buckles. It was fitted and ended just above her navel, showing off her sexy curves. With it, she had on a pair of tight dark blue jeans and tall black leather boots. She added a bracelet and necklace to the ensemble. I hadn’t seen in her pants for a long time, and they suited her well, showing off the curves of the legs and hips, and gave her that tough girl look she always strived for.

She stood in front of me, posing with one hand half in a pocket, and jutting out one hip in a sexy way. I could see the playful look on her face as she showed off. I didn’t dare look away, but I knew I wasn’t the only one staring. She smiled with that signature tilted smile of hers and ran her free hand through her hair.

“Ready? Let’s blow this joint” she announced.

“Blow this joint? What, are you from the 1950’s?”

“What?” she chuckled, realizing how stupid it actually sounded out loud. “Isn’t that how all the cool kids talk?” She stuck her tongue out at me.

I laughed with her and stood before her, holding out my hand. Delicately, she placed her hand in mine and smiled. I could feel her nervousness, even though she hid it well.

“Let’s rock!”

======
Next.
Last edited by gynoneko on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Brian May

australopith
Identification: Human

Post by australopith » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Gynoneko, just thought I'd pass along the love for the *wonderful* character of Lyss–still learning about the world outside of her comfort zone, but no less brash, sharp-witted and intelligent for all that. I'm curious about what's happening to her, and worried about the various threats to both Alexia and herself.

Please bring us more of these awesome, believable characters... this is great.

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:49 am

Thanks so much! I put a lot of effort into Lyss, with Dollspace's help. I'm proud of how she has turned out and hope I can continue to keep up my standards for her.
- Brian May

smalk

Post by smalk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:51 am

AWESOME as always! ^^

DollSpace
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:35 am

Thanks guys! I'm glad you appreciate the story, but once again the one doing most of the work is gynoneko, so I always defer most praise to him. :applause: And while one part of the story may seem like it's ending, we're only just beginning to share their stories!

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:56 am

Apologies for not having posted sooner, but once again: I'm loving every line of what I read here. The pacing is great, the protagonists are likable, the story itself is top-notch.....if this were a book (or a series of books), I'd buy every single one!

To put it simply: Epicness in every line. Please continue to keep it that way. 8)
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:03 pm

You guys are too much! I just enjoy writing these stories and I'm glad you all are enjoying them so much. :)
- Brian May