Lost but Found, Chapter 7 - A Day Together

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
gynoneko
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Cyborg

Lost but Found, Chapter 7 - A Day Together

Post by gynoneko » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:10 pm

Part 1. Previous. Next.
============
Lost but Found
Chapter 7 - A Day Together
by Gynoneko and Dollspace

All I could think about was Lyss. She was really unique, in every way. As either a girl or a gynoid, she was something else. I always had a crush on her, and I was always afraid I’d screw up the thing we had going. I worried about it even now. But her time was slowly going away. Our time. She was almost gone forever. Why did I have to get so taken with a girl that was literally someone else's property? I thought we moved past keeping women as property generations ago, and yet in this case we are both still forced to live that reality.

Not to mention that, while physical sex was allowed (although looked down upon), in our society a serious relationship between a robot and a human was a serious problem. There weren't any mingled couples of that type, because marrying a robot was against the law. They had no legal rights, no proof of citizenship, and could not officially sign any court documents. In short, if they can't prove they are free thinking sentient beings in a court of law, they can't sign legal documents.

But they were getting smarter all the time. Some even had gained limited rights, although I never really looked into it before. Demonstrating free-will and sentience is a very difficult thing to do. And yet there were now a handful of robot artists that no longer just copied others as much as created something unique.

And yet people feared them deep down. AI’s had been used for nefarious means in the past, and with Hollywood spoon-feeding us “Terminator” robots, people didn’t trust androids. It was until after the Tokyo accords set an international standard for the uses and design of humanoid robots, promoting human development and civilization, that robots were starting to be accepted socially. But the stigma remained.

It meant any hope of a relationship with Lyss was doomed from the beginning, and I knew it. But I also didn't care. I didn't care what people thought about me, nor did I care for the antiquated tradition of marriage. I had known a lot of robots in my time, more than most people, and Lyss, and Alexia for that matter, were way beyond anything else I'd ever seen.

I had to pull my head out of the clouds. There was much to be done. I had to figure out a plan to save Lyss, and fast. With Bill gone that only gave me a few days to figure something out. While it would still be weeks before the auction, the truth was he'd fire me for what I was about to do. And I didn't even know what it was yet. But snooping in his office and looking for a way to liberate a source of free money was definitely grounds to get fired.

But one thing was for sure, I couldn't let her stay in this miserable shop another day.

For now, however, I would keep things cool. Figure out a plan. Look through the office for evidence or ideas. I left the repair room, catching a smile from Lyss as she started working again, and headed upstairs. Time to see what I could dig up on Bill.

I spent an hour easily up there, and nothing came of it. Everything short of training documents, manuals, and order forms were missing. That meant all the tax information, order histories, and god knows what else. There was nothing on Lyss at all. Even any files on the computer were missing, hidden, or encoded in some way. The only thing outside day-to-day business data and training I could access was Lyss’s maintenance software. It had a weird name, “AEMS”. Never heard of it. It appeared to be some proprietary or custom made program, and the only instructions I had from Bill were rushed scribbles on a post it.

I was not about to connect this to Lyss without knowing what it really was or what it really did. But without something more advanced on me, it would have to wait. I couldn’t go line by line in the code to try to determine what was hidden in it, if anything, I would need an AI for that. Like Erin. If only she was operational, I could bring her in and hook her up and she could tell me everything.

Just as I was finishing up looking through the computer, I found a hidden file marked for deletion. I know a thing or two about computers, and this file was recently deleted but not yet overwritten. So I restored it. It wasn’t much, just a jpeg of a note, typed out, with something handwritten at the end. It looked like a list of names. Over a dozen of them. Some of the names seemed familiar. With a quick internet search, I discovered they were all names of wealthy entrepreneurs with an affinity toward technology. Specifically robots. Some of them even had questionable pasts.

The handwriting at the bottom read “Suggested starting bid $120,000. Expect final bid expected over $500,000. Keep track.”

I choked on my own spittle as I read that 3 times. This had to be a list of the invited auction attendees, and the potential price for Lyss. I couldn’t even reach the starting bid! I had saved up, and would save up more if I could, but I had at most $8,000. Maybe I could push it to 10 by the auction, but that was still less than tenth the starting bid. Normally $10k would get a top-notch android, but with bids starting 10 times above that, and rising to half a million dollars, I didn’t stand a chance.

Why was Lyss valued so high? Sure she was custom and realistic, but this was just so high. Then again her hair hinted at something else. What secrets did Lyss hold?

I needed a drink. This was too much. And it hurt to think how hard this must have been for Lyss. Poor Lyss. Maybe I should tell her.

I rushed out of the office, locking it quickly behind me, heading toward Lyss. She was gone! I looked around, but her tools were on the ground and she was nowhere to be seen. Trevor!

I quietly darted up front, trying to stay calm and smile. The front of house was always bigger than I remembered. I never came out here except to get yelled at by angry customers, but this time i was stepping out onto the showroom floor. While there were plenty of places far larger than our store front, it was big enough to leave me wondering what hiding places Trevor could be using. I decided to walk around looking down each of the aisles, just to be safe, and unsurprisingly came up with nothing. Next I tried the TV department. There were lots of places to hide, but I couldn’t see them anywhere.

I moved onto the sound department. This was of particular interest because there were 2 demo rooms, one for car audio and the other for home theater. I didn’t see anything in the car audio, even most of the radios were missing or busted. However, the home theater was always working. I walked into the room, noticing the Mission Impossible clip playing, and switching to other clips from classic films, like Jaws, and stealthily looked around.

I found them. Behind a black curtain against one wall was an employee’s only storage room for speakers and the like, and it was in here that I finally saw him. His back was turned, and he was standing with his head up. It took me a second to notice, but on her knees in front of him was Lyss, with his goddamn dick in her mouth.

I was shocked! I watched like some kind of pervert as Lyss game him a blow job. Her eyes were glazed over, unfocused, and she wore no expression, but dutifully bobbed her head in and out, sucking him off. She was even fondling his scrotum with one hand and pumping at the base of his shaft with the other.

He grabbed her head and started to forcefully pound himself deeper into her mouth. It looked like it hurt, but she made no expression, no noise, nothing. She just kept pumping away at him, clearly responding to a command to get it off quickly. I felt my own arousal kick in again, but the thought of Trevor forcing her to do this enraged me! And yet I did nothing but watch.

Finally he grunted, something I could barely hear over the soundtracks from random films, and he pulled her off of him. Saliva and precum dripped from her mouth and a string of it stayed connected to his erect cock. I wanted to gag. And yet had she been pleasing me instead it would have been different. She breathed heavily, and looked straight ahead at nothing in particular. TRevor used the collar of her shirt to wipe her mouth.

“I’m about to bust a nut” he panted. “Stand up and turn around, let’s make this quick” he commanded.

I watched as she stood up and turned her back to him. Without any finesse, he hiked her skirt up and yanked her plain underwear down. Lyss gave no reaction, no objection, no interest or disinterest. She just stood there. At the base of her neck was, once again, the little black square. As he started to adjust her position for better penetration, I tore myself from the scene and quickly ran back to the door of the demo room just as the music to a pirate film started up.

I hurriedly knocked on the wall, and looked for the right volume control.

“Anyone in here? Lyss?” I called out, pretending to be looking for her still. I turned down the volume, and heard a scuffle in the small room.

“Lyss? You in here?” I asked as I slowly approached the room, hoping to have put a pause to his activities. “Trevor? Is someone here?”

I slowly pulled back the curtain, and opened the door to find both Lyss and Trevor on their knees, concentrating on the ground, as if looking for something small.

“Hey Kevin” Trevor called out. “I was just borrowing Lyss to help me find a tiny screw. I dropped it earlier and it blends right in with the dark floor. I thought maybe her robo-vision would come in handy.”

If I didn’t just see what they were doing, I might have believed him. Son of a bitch. “Little screw” indeed. He was a natural born liar. I stood there and crossed my arms looking down at them, realizing he was leaning over on his knees to hide his boner.

“Any luck?” I asked, trying to keep my voice calm. I didn’t want him to know I just caught him. It might be bad for Lyss, or me.

“Not yet.” He lied.

“Maybe turning on the lights would help?” I suggested as I found a switch and flipped it on. The incandescent lights from above flickered, illuminating the small room.

Trevor slapped his forehead while still on his knees. “Of course. I forgot they fixed those. Thanks, that helps a lot.”

“Well, I need to borrow Lyss again” I said, looking at her as she scoured the floor for nonexistent screws.

“Can I get her back later if I can’t find it?” He asked.

Like hell I would let him be alone with her ever again. Who knows how many times he made her do this, or something more explicit? “Actually she didn’t get a full charge last night since there was a power outage, so I need to run her maintenance now and shut her down for the rest of the day” I half lied.

“Oh, ok” he murmured as he continued to feign searching. “Guess it can’t be helped. Go on Lyss, I’ll manage here on my own.”

“Of course” she replied and stood up to face me. I couldn’t help but notice how she not only looked distant but also seemed to have trouble balancing at first. Her shirt and hair were disheveled and her skirt didn’t quite rest right.

“Alright, let’s get this over with” I said as I gestured for Lyss to follow me. She took step right behind me, following orders like a drone, and we left the room.

“Found it!” Trevor called from the other room after we left. I shook my head.

“Sure you did” I mumbled under my breath.

I led Lyss straight back to the private repair room and locked the door. Once again, she was completely robotic and complacent. I hated it! It reminded me of Alexia in safe mode. I knew Lyss was still buried under there, but for now I had to wait until she came out of her shell again.

In the meantime, knowing full well that she was not going to be herself or remember any of this, I decided to make sure she was not hurt.

“Take off your clothes” I commanded. “Please.” Maybe I was going too far, but I needed to seriously inspect her for damage I didn’t know about.

Without questioning, she started unbuttoning her shirt, and allowed it to drop to the floor, followed by her skirt. She hesitated briefly when she got to her underwear. It was the only underwear she had, and it was not sexy underwear. But it was also not properly adjusted on her. In the rush to redress her, Trevor pulled her panties only as high as her skirt, leaving it low on her hips, and her vagina still partially exposed.

As she stepped out of her panties, I took a closer look at her. I never noticed before, but there were clear signs of abuse all over her body. It wasn’t just from today either. She didn’t bruise the same as humans did, even though she did have artificial blood. But her blood cleans itself up quickly with nano-machines running in her veins. Sure bruises happen, but they vanish in hours, if they show up at all. Instead, marks where the nanites had repaired her were evident as subtle discolorations. Like subdued scars all over her body. They were barely noticeable, and over time most of them would clear up entirely. But it meant that this had been going on for a while.

I hesitated when it came to looking at her genitalia. She’d kill me for seeing her naked like this, especially if she knew I was staring at her pussy. I kneeled down and took a quick glance. I wanted to see if she was damaged there, because repairing that would be an ordeal. I leaned her over to get a better look, and my rushed inspection luckily showed no obvious damage. I would need to do a much more thorough examination to see if there was internal damage, but I felt guilty enough like this. I was staring at her pussy, something I never thought I’d actually get the chance to do, and yet it was oddly not arousing. I was in android repair technician mode, and yet even like this I was unable to do more without her permission. I stopped and sighed, relieved the damage seemingly was minimal if any. I stood her up again.

“Um… What? Kevin?! What are you-?!” She burst, realizing what I was doing, but not stopping me at all.

“I’m checking you for damage. Just be still. And I’m sorry for this” I replied as I took a clean cloth and wiped off her skin. I doubted he had the chance to penetrated her, but she was still dirty and covered in some sort of liquid. Either his or hers.

“D- Damage!? But I… My sensors-” she inhaled and shook her head. “What’s going on?”

“I’ll tell you in a few minutes.” I handed her the panties I picked up off the floor. They needed to be cleaned. “You might want to put this back on for now.”

She was beat red in the face as she looked down at her completely naked torso, but she politely took the panties and awkwardly put them back on. I turned around to give her some privacy, although I could see her shadow on the wall next to me.

“Why am I naked?” She asked again after standing up.

“If I tell you now, you will only forget it again in 5 minutes, I’m afraid.” At least it seemed to be that way based on last time. She came out of her stupor, act like herself, and then forget everything all over again a few minutes later. I picked up the skirt she dropped earlier and straightened it out. I was going to need to burn these.

“I- I’m still… I won’t remember this? Did it work?! Did it record?” She asked. I turned around to see her standing there in only her undies, Holding her arm up to her chest to cover up, so I handed her her skirt and turned around again.

“It should have, but I need to take a look at the readout” I explained, picking her shirt up as well. Gross.

As she finished putting on her skirt I approached her and draped her shirt over her shoulders. “So I won’t remember any of this?” She asked, pulling the shirt around her without putting it on.

“Not for a few more minutes” I assured her.

“Good… I don’t want to remember being mad at you for looking at my privates! You should have waited to look at me until I could give permission. Please don’t take advantage of me too, Kev. It’s bad enough as is.”

Shit, I was so gungho to fix her I didn’t consider her feelings. Even though she was showing off to me earlier, now she was suddenly shy? I was confused. “You’re right. I’m sorry, I got ahead of myself” I apologized.

“It’s… it’s ok. You know I’d let you look if you ever asked” she mumbled. “Umm… Did he… did he rape me?”

“He… uh… He used your mouth” I blushed, remembering the incident clearly.

She shuddered. “That explains this taste” she said, wrinkling her nose. “Get me some water, please” she requested. I looked around. There was a small sink in the corner; it came in useful for certain messy repairs. Looking through the cupboards, I found a paper cup, filled it with water, and handed it to her. She took a big mouthful, rinsed it around in her mouth, and spit it out into a trashcan nearby. She did this again and again, until all the water was gone.

“Gross. Before I start remembering things again” she blushed, “I want to tell you that I… um... want to thank you. For looking after me. And helping me. And I… uh… really really like you. I’m afraid I’m too stubborn to say it.” She avoided looking me in the eyes, but instead grabbed me and hugged me tightly. “I think I’ve had a crush on you for a long... time... now” she whispered. “But… I… um… things are… uhh… I feel...”

She just held me like that for a long time, putting one hand to her head briefly. Eventually she stumbled backwards and looked up at me confused.

“Kev? What… wait… why am I in here again? Already?!” She realized.

“Yeah, it was Trevor.”

“That… that little… what did he do with me?”

“Well… he sort of put you into a trance state, and then… oh boy…” I scratched my head.

“He raped me?! Did you stop him? I’m going to fucking kill him!”

“Technically in the eyes of the law it isn’t-” I began but realized it was a stupid thing to say, especially after she glared hard at me. “I stopped him from getting that far, but… he had you give him a blowjob” I recalled.

“That little fucker is going to die!” She roared, ready to march out there and pummel him. I put my hand on her shoulder and pushed her onto the examination table until she was sitting. She was furious, but not physically strong.

“No. I need to look at the data. I need to know what he is doing and how to counter it. And what exactly this thing is doing… to… um…”

She looked at me impatiently, still struggling against me to get to the door. “Don’t stop me Kevin, this has been going on for too long! I’m going to… What are you looking at?”

“Your hair…” I explained.

“What? AGAIN?!” She shouted, grabbing a strand and looking at it. This time, her hair was starting to turn bright neon red. It was so bright it almost looked like it was on fire. I wasn’t sure but it might have started glowing.

I put my hands on both her shoulders and calmed her down. “Don’t worry about your hair, I’ll figure that out. Just stay calm. You don’t have to do this alone, I’m here to help you.”

She breathed heavily, seething with anger, as she avoided my eyes. But once she glanced up at me, her hatred melted away and she calmed down immensely. Her hair also changed to it’s multicolor state, mostly at least.

“See, your hair is going back to normal again” I assured her.

She took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes, calming herself down. She was actually cute when she was angry, but I wasn’t going to tell her that. Her eyes shot open and she glared at me. “And my shirt?” She asked raising an eyebrow. It was still unbuttoned and not exactly on her.

“Ah… well, I need to read that data from your port…”

“And that requires my entire shirt to be unbuttoned? Did he undress me too?”

“I… uh… Sorry. I was looking for damage, after what he did. I’m sorry, I should have waited.”

“Damage?” She looked down, lifting her shirt to look at her skin. “Is there any damage? I don’t detect anything.”

“Nothing that hasn’t already been repaired.”

“That’s... good” she sighed. “Wait. What do you mean repaired? So there was damage?”

I nodded. “Looks like it. Old damage. Nothing serious I think. I never saw this before on you. It’s subtle, but it’s there. Your body repaired it.”

She leaned forward and put her head in her hands, letting out a long sigh and grabbing at her hair out of frustration. I wanted nothing more than to help her, save her, fix her. But I could only do so much. I picked up a usb device which came with the recorder I implanted in her body. This piece would take the data from the past few hours and transfer it to itself, archiving the content in the original drive and giving me safe access to the data without putting Lyss’s systems in danger.

I stood beside her and opened the port on her neck while she sat there with her head still in her hands. She didn’t move as I connected the device and activated it. It would only take a minute, maybe less. However, as I was safely transferring the data, I saw Lyss’s hair change again, this time to a deep dark blue.

Tears silently fell onto her lap, getting both her skirt and her legs wet. I had never seen her cry before. I wasn’t even sure she could. She inhaled and let out a stifled sob.

“Lyss? I’m here for you” I consoled as I sat on the table next to her. She kept sobbing but leaned into me, never taking her hands away from her hair and face.

“Twice in one day! I want to die” she bawled, her voice barely decipherable through her sobs. “Just deactivate me and erase me.”

“Lyss! No! I… it would hurt too much to lose you.”

“Well it’s going to happen anyways!” She sobbed. “The auction…”

I put my hand on her back and held her for a bit. “I’ll figure something out.”

“How can I rely on that?” She cried, unable to compose herself.

“Lyss…. Elise…” I began, “Have I ever let you down before?”

She looked up at me, tears still streaming down her face. She never looked more pathetic and completely unlike her normal self. It hurt to see her in so much pain! I never wanted her to be this sad ever again. I barely recognized her; I would swear she was another girl altogether. She wiped at her cheeks and sniffed again, shaking her head. “No…”

“We’ll get through this together” I assured her. “I’m already working on your memories, and now we know who is responsible and what he’s been doing. So we can stop him. But I fear there is more going on here than just Trevor. I think we need to lay low, and figure things out.”

She nodded, but continued to cry. “I’ve been violated” her cracked voice came out barely understandable. “Just let me stay like this for a bit.” Lyss continued to lean into me, sobbing. I didn’t move, and just held her as she cried it all out. This really was something building up in her, but I wasn’t sure why it was coming out now. I never thought I’d see a robot cry, let alone console her as she did. Eventually she cried her last tear, and wiped her nose with a Kimwipe we used for cleaning components. She had calmed down, and sat up again. She gave me a weak smile as she sat up on her own again.

“Thank you” she whispered.

She started to put her shirt back on, so I helped her out until she got her arms in. As she buttoned up the front, I took the device over to the computer and plugged it in. Looking through the code, I very quickly ran into a problem.

“It’s encrypted” I said. “I can’t decrypt this without either a key or… a really advanced AI.”

“You could take it back to your AI at home… Erin was it?” She said, her voice still weak but starting to return to normal. So was her hair color again. I figured it must be somehow related to her emotions, but why was it only starting now, after months of working with her? And for that matter, why was she so emotional lately?

“Maybe. She was damaged recently though and is undergoing repairs. I don’t know if she’ll be much use.”

“Well, we can’t do it here, can we?” She questioned, clearing her throat and finding her voice again.

She was right, my best bet right now would be to get Erin fixed somehow, and use her. But it was risky. But there were no other options I could think of. Ask Trevor for the encryption key? Where did he even get that thing? He wasn’t technically minded, he was a people person, so why was he wielding a… slave maker program?

“Alright. We’ll try it at home.”

“We?”

I forgot, she didn’t even remember about Alexia at all. That was going to be a problem. Should I try to keep her a secret again? I trusted Lyss, but a simple truth program could extract the data out of her regardless of her will. Still, if it came to something that drastic, I’d rather not keep secrets from Lyss. Well… maybe a little longer.

“Well yeah… we are doing this together. Since I don’t plan on keeping you prisoner in here to keep you safe from Trevor, I am going to take you with me.”

Her mouth hung open. “You’re going to sneak me out?! You’ll get fired for sure!”

“Nah! Besides, you need a break, a real one.”

“I’ve never been outside before… If Bill finds out-”

“We only have a few days together unless I can figure something else out first. One way or another, our time is running out. So, how about we go out and make the best of it. Better than staying here hiding in this ugly room.”

“You- you’re right! There isn't much time. We should break some rules! Get out of this joint. Screw the establishment!” she shouted, much more like herself again. Or at least her more rebellious side.

“Yeah! Let’s get out of here and… go on a date!” I responded with equal enthusiasm.

“Yeah! A date! A- a d- date?” she stuttered.

“Uh… yeah. Well, only if you want to.”

“I- uh…” she blushed. “Sure… ok. Yeah. YEAH! Let’s break ALL the rules! Let’s date!”

“That’s the spirit” I cheered.

“Yeah! Let’s Rock this town! I feel great! Terrified, but great! Umm… but for real, a date?” she wondered.

“Why not? We can just go out and have some fun and take a day to ourselves and come back to this refreshed and ready to face it.”

She smiled her sly tomboyish smile. “You sly dog, is that all you wanted? A date?” She laughed. “I was scared you’d never ask. I would have dated you even without any of this shit going on. Of course I will! But don’t tell anyone. Might mess up my tough-girl reputation around here.” She teased as she flexed her muscles.

She giggled as we joked around. I never imagined this would happen to me for real! I asked her out on a date... sort of…. And Lyss agreed to date me! I was ecstatic!

“But seriously… what if someone catches us?” she asked.

“Then I’ll steal you” I admitted, brutally honest.

“Steal me… huh...” she seemed deep in thought for a moment and then smiled. “Ok. But… before we resort to law-breaking, what’s the plan?”

“I told Trevor I am locking you up for the night.”

“But he has keys now, doesn’t he?”

“Not to this room. Only I do.”

She wanted to say something but caught herself. “Maybe… no one would question it, but I can’t be seen. Wait… what if Trevor’s tracking me?”

She had a point. Tracking devices were tiny and almost impossible to spot. And if she had one, it could be installed anywhere on her.

“It’s not Trevor I’m concerned is tracking you. But Bill might.”

“Bill?”

“Let’s just say he had financial reasons to keep you under observation” I explained, referring to the auction. She just didn’t know how much. “But where could he have hidden it?”

Lyss thought for a minute, but shook her head. “No idea… I don’t remember any of the sessions still.”

“Well… it would be small, but I haven’t explored most of… *cough* … your body… so I wouldn’t know what to look for. The most I explored was your arm when you were damaged. It would probably need it’s own power supply, to track you in case you were deactivated and stolen. Something like that would emit a signal. And that I can look for!” I deduced.

I rummaged through some old drawers in the room while Lyss dangled her feet off the edge of the table. She was definitely acting more like her old self again. I knew I had seen one of those contraptions in there before, but I never had a reason to use it. After a few minutes of searching, I found it.

“Eureka!” I exclaimed as I held up the strange metal rod. “This will help us find it. If there is one.”

“What is it?”

“An antenna, of sorts. Specifically one that can detect tiny signals like that. We used to use it to look for airwave viruses that could be emitted from a robot without knowing it. Nasty viruses. Could turn an entire city block of androids into zombies in seconds. Finding the right signal was the key. It was often hidden inside a robot by a shady repair shop and would feed off the bots power supply, sending out an independent signal... to…”

Even though Lyss was a robot, she had lost interest and was giving me that look. The look that said she wanted me to shut up. Normally this sort of thing was interesting to her, but I figured with everything happening, she didn’t care about virus attack history.

“It can be waved over part of your body and find anything emitting a signal” I explained simply. “Like a metal detector wand, but for signals.”

She nodded. “Ok… let’s check.”

I connected the antenna to a tablet, and activated the software, running the updates first. Lyss laid down on the exam table and looked nervous. As soon as the updates were completed, I ran the antenna over her body, tuned in to look for any wireless signal data. Lyss disconnected herself from all networks, so I could look for anything suspicious. As I passed the antenna over her, she started to get more nervous.

Her head seemed to be clear, since she wasn’t emitting anything at the time herself. I moved down to her chest. She held her breath, and when so signal was found, she relaxed a little. When I reached down to her groin, she got nervous again, but still no signal. Apparently she worried the antenna was somewhere naughty. But with nothing so far, maybe we were safe. I ran down all the way to her feet, and then back up for a second look.

It was when I was heading back up that a blip appeared on the screen. I ran the device over her skirt again to make sure, but found nothing. I double checked her thighs, separated her legs to get a better signal, which made her nervous, but still nothing. It was when I passed over her left hand resting by her side that it appeared again. Lyss was clearly stressing out. It wasn’t in her legs or groin, it was coming from her hand. There was definitely something there.

I put down the antenna and tablet and grabbed my tool kit, donning a pair of magnifying lenses over my glasses. She snickered at me. At least her sense of humor was back. Or maybe she was just trying to calm herself down with some laughter.

“Lyss, open all the ports on your left hand” I ordered. She nodded and her hand seemingly unfolded. Each finger separated from the other, expanding the size and width of her hand, revealing all the intricate workings of her fingers and palm. Her hand was downright amazing. And tiny, and delicate, and complex...

Carefully, I lifted her hand and looked through it, over and over, turning it to each side for anything that seemed out of place. I had studied her arm intensely months ago when she was originally brought in, but never looked that closely at her arm. Her muscles and artificial bones were based on that of a human, so they looked more like an anatomy lesson one might imagine is given at a medical school of an opened cadaver, except with electronics and a conscious girl attached. A tiny flat sticker shaped like a circle with a line seemed out of place along her index finger. It wasn’t much more than a sticker, not even half an inch in length, but it wasn’t on her other fingers, and it didn’t match the rest of her structure. For that matter, it looked hastily placed there, like it just didn’t belong. The circle at the base of the line was likely a power source and the line was likely the antenna. It made sense.

I didn’t want it to send out an alert or anything, but there was no way to know if it would. The best I could do was remove it, attach it to some other spare part, and pray everything worked. It was a simple extraction. I had Lyss sit up and hold her hand under a light while I used a pair of tweezers to carefully peel the device away.

I waved the signal-detecting wand over the sticker to be safe, and it caused a blip on the screen. It all looked good to me. I placed it on some old spare part and shoved it in a drawer. Lyss exhaled and closed up her hand, rubbing it as she opened and closed a fist.

“Holding it open like that makes me sore” she complained. Must have been a nerve constraint problem, typical for extremely intricate systems like hers, but it was nothing to worry about.

“Alright Lyss” I chimed, taking off the extra lenses from my glasses, “you stay right here. I’ll be right back with your stuff.”

“Kev!” She called out and reached for me. “Uhh…” she hesitated and started rubbing her hand again. “Hurry up, alright?”

I nodded and was in and out in a flash. I grabbed her portable charger I was using on her earlier, her hat, and a few other small items. She didn’t have much. It all easily fit in a small plastic bag, so I put them in, and headed back to the room. No one was around. I did another peak up front, to make sure no one would see us. Luckily Trevor was busy with a customer, and the only other employees I saw were too busy talking each other up. I darted back in and gestured for Lyss.

“It’s now or never, hot stuff” I said, trying too hard to be cool. It actually made her laugh. She was looking more like herself again. She grabbed my hand and together we dashed for the back door. Before we got all the way, a girl walked in, closing the door behind her. We abruptly stopped in our tracks, but it was too late to pretend we weren’t heading for the door.

“Ah!” The tall lanky blond girl with round glasses stared at us for several seconds. “Mr. Rowan!” She exclaimed. She wore a fitted plaid sweater vest and khakis and had her blonde hair held down with barrettes, which failed to constrain her hair’s wild nature. She was probably in her late teens or early 20s. She didn’t look like the popular, or attractive sort, although she did have a cuteness to her.

“Uhh…. um…” she looked familiar but I couldn’t place her name.

“Alice” she clarified. “Alice Edison. I started a week ago” she elaborated.

“Oh yeah,” I remembered. She was the shy girl that usually had a serious look on her face. Bill hired her last week as a junior robot repair technician. She didn’t work in my bay, and focused mainly on non-android robots, at least while she was learning. She approached us for a position eager to learn, so Bill set her up learning the basics. She was smart, that was for sure, but quiet, I hardly noticed her when she was around. I wondered how many times I didn’t see her listening in on us. And I worried she might get suspicious that I was taking Lyss outside. “Hi.” I tried to play it cool.

“Elise? Where are you going?” She inquired.

“That’s twice today someone’s used my full name. Call me Lyss.”

“Lyss? Oh… I see” Alice replied looking almost disappointed.

“I was uh… just taking Lyss to… um…” I tried to come up with a lie but was caught off guard and didn’t know what to say.

Lyss leaned in closely to her and whispered loud enough for me to hear. “We’re going on a date” she explained, making Alice blush.

“Bu- but you’re an android” she stammered.

“Gynoid. So?” Lyss retorted. “I haven’t had a break, ever! I really need this. Please don’t tell anyone!” She pleaded.

“But- But robots and humans can’t have… I mean they shouldn’t… should they?” Alice questioned.

“Who cares!?” Lyss objected. “We’re not hurting anyone, we’re just having some fun.”

“Please Alice” I asked. “Don’t tell anyone, Lyss needs a break from here.”

Alice nodded. “Alright. I… won’t get in your way, or tell anyone” she agreed.

“Thank you so much! You are a lifesaver!” Lyss exclaimed. “With the day I’ve been having… I need this.”

“What- what happened?” Alice wondered aloud as she stepped out of our way.

“Don’t ask” I told her.

“Just stay away from Trevor for your own good, he’s a real shit” Lyss warned with a scowl.

We turned away, leaving Alice there to contemplate things, hoping we could take her by her word, and not tell anyone. I opened the back door, letting the light from the midday sun blind us, and stepped outside, pulling Lyss with me and closing the door.

It took a second for my eyes to adjust, but when they did, I ran toward my car.

“Kev!” Lyss called out from behind me. I panicked and turned around, afraid we’d been caught. Instead, she stood there looking out at everything wildly, holding the bag of her belongings up to her chest, and pressing her back to the door. She looked scared, and her hair was starting to fade.

“Lyss?” I returned to her and tried to help.

“It’s HUGE!” She feared. “The…. the blue… sky? It’s so high up! I can’t…. where’s the ceiling? And the other walls?!” She darted her head to the side to look at the noise of a car honking in the distance. “What was that?”

“Lyss… calm down. I’m here for you. Just take my hand.”

She hesitated, but reached out, struggling against me. “Is it going to rain? Or lightning?”

“No… Not today.”

“How do you know?” She questioned looking up at the sky nervously.

“Because there aren’t any clouds. Well no storm clouds. Besides you’re waterproof now.”

She took a step into the bright light, looking straight up at the sky, before falling to her knees. And here I thought Alexia was bad. Lyss had never seen the outdoors and her limited programming didn’t prepare her for any of this. I took the bag from Lyss, and held both her hands.

“Lyss, look at me. Don’t look up, look at me. Ignore the dog. And the cars. Just follow me. I’ll get you in my car, and then you can get used to everything. I won’t let. Anything happen to you.”

She nodded and stared into my eyes as she got to her feet. I walked backwards toward my car guiding her along the way. It wasn’t that far, but it felt a lot farther when I was trying to take baby steps with Lyss. She grew more confident as she walked on. But she was still nervous and kept getting distracted by all the sounds and movement of the trees and birds and people and cars and everything.

Finally, we made it to the car as she held onto me tight. “This… isn’t so bad” she proclaimed. “I can do this. It’s just… walking to a car. Simple. Wait, what are you doing?” She worried as I turned around to unlock and open the car.

“Opening the car for you. I won’t go anywhere” I assured her.

“Stop condescending to me” she complained. “This is just a lot of data to take in for me… I’m not used to it. And I didn’t expect the sky to be so… big.”

I opened the door to the passenger side and took her hand. “I’m not… I’m trying to help keep you calm.”

“Well it’s not working, I’m perfectly capable of- AH!” She squealed as a gust of wind blew past us and ruffled her skirt and hair. She darted into the car the wrong way and curled up on the front seat with her legs under her chin. I laughed a little and she stuck her tongue out at me.

I closed her in and got in myself. “Like this” I said, showing her the correct way to get in, and put on the seatbelt. She learned quickly.

“Thank you” she whispered.

“What was that?” I said as I started the car. It made her jump in her seat.

“Ah!” She took a few seconds to calm down and then in a voice too loud for the tiny cabin repeated “THANK YOU. Ah... Sorry.”

I smiled at her and she smiled back. “You are perfectly welcome.”

“I’m so embarrassed… I just didn't expect everything outside to be so... so… big! It’s strange but seeing the sky made me feel like I was going to fall over or fly away. I’m not used to having no walls or ceiling over me.”

“Well with your programming limited to the functions in the shop, you had no reason to have any data on the outdoors. I’m sorry I didn't think about that sooner. But don't worry, I’ll stay right with you the whole time. Now…” I said as I put the car into gear “stay calm, but this is going to drive us around really fast. Just don’t panick. We’re going shopping!”

“Shopping? WOAH!” Lyss squealed and grabbed the door and armrest as the car kicked into gear and started moving. I made sure to drive slowly for now, until she got used to it, but she was still very nervous about everything.

“We’re going to hit THAT CAR!” She screamed and put her feet and hands on the dashboard to brace herself, while I calmly and gently came to a complete stop before hitting anyone. She opened one eye and looked around. And then at me laughing.

She punched my arm hard enough to hurt.

“I’m not used to this” she complained, sticking her tongue out at me. Putting her feet back down, she took in a breath and tried to calm down. “Sorry I hit you.”

“It’s fine. Just don’t do it when I’m driving.” She looked down at her lap and tried to concentrate on something other than the outside. “Just trust me. I’ve been driving for a long time, I’m not going to hit anyone. Take a look outside and enjoy the view. Try to get used to it.”

She ran her hand through her hair. “It went white again, didn’t it?” She noticed as her hair was returning to it’s multicolor state.

“It seems to be attached to your emotions or something. I read about androids that could change their hair color, but I never expected you to be one.”

“Why now?” She wondered. “Hey Kev? You don’t have a… um… gir- What is that?” She interrupted herself to look at a low flying plane overhead that cast a shadow on the car.

“A plane. Probably landing at the airport nearby.”

“It looks smaller than I thought it would” she noted.

“That’s just because it’s so far away. It probably has over two hundred people inside it.”

“Wow” she exclaimed as she pressed her face to the glass looking up at it. “Amazing! Ah!” She hopped in her seat when a truck drove past.

“Just a truck. Don’t worry. You know we get truck shipments at the store” I explained.

“But I never see them. Only the stuff they cart in. I always thought they’d move slower.” As we pulled onto the freeway, she stared opened eyed at the road. “Fuck that’s a big road! So many cars!”

“It’s the highway. It should get us to the mall faster.”

“How many people live in this city?” She wondered looking at all the cars.

“Over a million I think. And half of them don’t know how to drive, and the rest are all jerks.”

“So which one are you?”

“I’m a jerk, but I thought you knew that already.” I’m glad I could make her laugh again.

She fell silent as she tried to concentrate on her lap, limiting her exposure to the outside. At least at first. By the time I pulled off of the highway, she was glued to the window looking at everything happening. She even starting asking me questions about everything she saw. “Why do so many people have cars?” “Why is that large one yellow?” “Why don’t more people use self-driving cars?” “How many trees over there?”

Naturally I didn’t have all the answers, but she was just full of them. It went on like that until we finally reached the mall. Being suddenly surrounded by a world so much bigger than the one she was used to made Lyss spark with curiosity. We hadn’t even gotten to the first stop and already she was having the time of her life.

I was impressed with how fast Lyss learned things and got used to the situation. As we pulled into the parking lot, she was rocking out to the punk rock station complete with air guitar and head banging. I could practically see her on stage performing some hard rocking solo. She had the hair for it.

The size mall took her by surprise. The building was the biggest she had ever seen, and she had to hold onto me tightly as we approached it, as though she might float away if she let go. It was intimidating for her, but once we got inside she was even more overwhelmed. With so many people, and so many stores, and so any smells, and sounds, and lights. We had to sit on a bench for a few minutes while she adjusted to it, hanging her head down between her legs breathing for a bit. She adapted fast though, within 10 minutes, she was up and about and looking all around. Once she got used to the swing of things, I couldn’t hold her back.

“This… Is… AWESOME!” She belted as she looked from store to store. I had a reason for bringing her here, she needed clothes that suited her, but before long she was dragging me to places to look at everything. She darted into computer stores, looking at all the parts they sold, although none of them were particularly advanced. Next she found a video game store where she tried her hand at some shooters and even played a music game. She seemed particularly fond of the video games. Afterwards she dragged me into a store full of oddities and nerdy items. Finally, I had to put my foot down and took her to several clothes stores.

At first she seemed uninterested, but it didn’t take much to convince her to go. We first hit up an apartment store where I got her some basics. Underwear, jeans, t-shirts, blouses… As she explored different looks, she really started to get into it. And ultimately, she ended up dragging me to several style specific stores. She was partial to the punk look, which I liked a lot on her. I ended up buying her jean shorts, crop tops, leather boots, studded necklaces and bracelets, a leather jacket (which I spent too much on), layered tops, a plaid skirt, knee-high socks…

While we were out and about, I made sure to discreetly grab a few items for Alexia. I almost forgot all about her in the excitement, but I was originally planning to go shopping with her for clothes. But taking a near naked girl out shopping was challenging. This was much easier. I did my best figuring out what sizes to get her. I hope they’d fit. But I couldn’t get anything fancy or nice. Some tank tops, shorts, pants… mostly stuff to wear around the house or on an errand. With Lyss around, I couldn’t do more than that. Besides, it wasn’t a date for Alexia, this was all about Lyss!

We even made a trip to Victoria’s Secret. Which was interesting. Most of the time, no one said or noticed anything about her being a robot, but the seams on her body were subtle enough you’d have to be paying attention and really close to notice them. I did, but none of the cashiers at the other stores did, until she got fitted for a proper bra. They went into the back together, and the came out blushing. Which was odd. But not as odd as Lyss’s hair fading from red back to its normal colors as she saw me.

As the perky young dark-skinned girl ran up the amount, Lyss couldn't help but chat with her. Mainly they talked about styles of clothes and what music matches them, but as it came around time to pay, Lyss got distracted by a fancy overpriced nightie set leaving me alone with the girl. I managed to catch her name, Nicole, thanks to her name tag.

“She sure is something” Nicole told me as she brought up the total on the card reader for me. “I’ve fitted a few androids, usually just men’s playthings, but you seem different… she seems different. Not like the typical model… More full of life and personality. And she's pretty too. And her hair…. wish I could do that with my hair. You don't look the type to have a plaything like her. Is she yours?”

I shook my head, pulling out my wallet. “No, not exactly. We’re just friends.”

“Friends? Mmm-hmm. I’d believe that. She’s so independent and interesting, definitely not like the Barbies we see. So how did you two meet?”

“Well… She’s a unit I repaired for work but her owner never picked her up” I explained as I paid for the items.

“Really? I have a hard time believing anyone wouldn’t want to keep that spunky cutie around. So what are you doing with… oh… oh I see.”

“What?” I flustered.

“What are you talking about?” Lyss asked as she came back over.

“Oh, just you sweetheart” Nicole replied with a grin. “Nevermind that. If you two are doing what I think you are doing, the best of luck to you. I've never met anyone like you before darling. Better keep this man on a tight leash.”

“Where can I get one of those?” Lyss asked, leaving me wondering if she was serious or not.

The cashier laughed, and laughed, and kept laughing. “Oh you! Stop!” As Nicole finally managed to control her fits of humor, she bagged Lyss’s things, and threw in a little something extra.

“I hope to see you in here again sweetheart” she replied handing Lyss the bag. Lyss smiled and ran her free hand through her hair.

“So do I.” As we turned to leave, the Nicole got my attention.

“I sure hope you’re serious about her, and not just keeping her around for fun. I wouldn’t mind keeping someone like her around...” She gave me a wink, but another lady walked in for a fitting and I never got the chance to ask her what she meant.

“Well you two really seemed to hit it off. I’m glad she didn’t get upset when she saw your hair.”

“I couldn’t help, I got embarrassed. What?” Lyss retorted as she bumped her shoulder into mine.

“Well… just be careful. I don’t want someone getting upset when they see us.”

“Oh let them. I don’t care what they think! Besides, she was nice. I can’t wait to try these on” she added.

“Well why not? Let’s get you all dressed up. Just pick whatever you want to wear, and I’ll wait.”

“What? Here?”

“No, the bathroom. I’ll take you to the bathroom and wait outside while you change in a stall.”

“A stall? I… I’ve never been in a bathroom before.”

“Well I am not going in with you. Just… when we get there go in one of the open stall doors and change. You’re a smart girl, you’ll figure it out.”

She punched me again. It was becoming a habit of hers. But her laughter and giggles made it worth it. As we headed toward the bathroom, Lyss got distracted by a couple walking passed dressed in the most stereotypical rebel outfits possible. All black clothes, leather, anarchy necklaces, holes in everything, nose rings with chains… and that was just the guy. The girl was tall and skinny with almost no curves, and wore black short shorts with a torn tank top which showed off her black and red bra, and knee-high leather boots. She had dozens of earrings going up the outside of each ear, a pierced nose, pierced lip, pierced eyebrow, and who knows what else. Plus she was covered from head to toe in brightly colored tattoos, depicting roses and skulls and goats and anything else.

Lyss stared a little too intently as they walked passed. The girl caught her glare and gave her one of her own. The guy just walked passed as though we weren’t there, which was fine by me. But Lyss couldn’t stop herself. It got awkward when the girl stopped in front of her and gave her a stare full of attitude.

“Nice tats” Lyss exclaimed, realizing she was making a scene. The girl looked down at her as though she were sizing Lyss up, and tilted her head.

“Nice hair.”

And with that, the girl walked passed and didn’t even look back. Lyss did, but I grabbed her arm and straightened her gaze as we walked on. I did not want her to cause a scene.

“Did you see how many tattoos she has? I want one! Those are awesome!”

Strangely, I could picture her with a tattoo. It would look good on Lyss. But… “I’m afraid that isn’t going to work. Your skin is too delicate, and tattoos aren’t designed for artificial skin. It would damage you.”

“Come on, they have to make something for… uh… someone like me to get a tattoo.”

“It’s called a printer, but they don’t work well on your type of skin. They just wear off anyways. Sorry Lyss, you can’t get a tattoo, because it won’t work.”

She pouted and twisted her mouth. “Then maybe a piercing?”

“Again… not a good idea. Your skin could tear, and your immune system would not repair the damage correctly. It would not close the wound fully and it would just bleed if you kept something in there.”

She grunted. “Fine!”

“You don’t need all that anyways” I added, hoping to calm her down.

“Yeah?” she asked with a snarky tone. “Why not?”

“Because you are already beautiful without those.” Lyss blushed and tried to hold back a smile, her hair starting to warm in tone. “Although your clothes would use improvement.”

“No kidding” she chuckled. She looked up at me and smiled with a sly grin, but said nothing as we kept walking. I wondered what she was thinking.

In order to get to the restrooms, we had to pass through the food court, where merchants were cooking up a storm and trying to hand out samples to anyone passing by. Even Lyss who had to turn them down due to the fact that. she couldn’t eat. I also turned them down due to the fact that they were disgusting.

“Mmm… that smells amazing!” Lyss noted as we passed through the gauntlet of mediocre mall food. “I’ve never smelled anything so good!” She started smacking her lips together almost like she was tasting it. “Oh how I wish I could try that!”

Odd. Smell and taste were closely related in humans, and while very few androids and gynoids could eat, those that did also used smell as part of the process. In fact, without taste, androids only used smell to detect things, if they could smell at all, and their mouths don’t water. But Lyss, who I know can’t eat, was showing all the signs that she could except hunger. Someone put an awful lot of detail into making her appear almost human, but stop just short.

I pointed Lyss in the right direction, and waited for her inside the food court, looking at all the people and signs. It wasn’t as busy as it normally was when I was here, but I rarely came to the mall. Still, there were plenty of people coming and going, waiting in line for food, eating, and shopping. I even spotted a few androids and gynoids in the crowd. Most were the typical plastic models, which were useful for carrying bags, managing money, even ordering food for their human owner. Since they were considered property, everyone treated them rudely, but still served them. They were just buying things for humans after all.

I caught one girl staring at me as I sat bored at a table. She was thin and short, with dark skin and long dreadlocks, wearing a sleeveless leather blouse and tight white pants. Once she saw me looking back at her, she smiled and abruptly looked away, concentrating on some reading material. Didn’t think I still caught the eyes of girls anymore. She wasn’t unattractive, but had a posh air about her that I wasn’t fond of. I looked away, realizing I was now the one staring at her. Instead, I tried to think about what else Lyss and I could do that day. I was not going to get caught ogling some girl when I was on a date with Lyss.

Luckily, the answer appeared out of thin air in front of me. Literally. A holographic display floating some 12 feet up had changed to a flashy colorful ad as it slowly rotated in empty space. It was for a traveling carnival show in town, this weekend only. I hadn’t gone to a carnival since I was a little brat. It was fairly close, and would make the perfect material for a date. They had games, food, shows, live music, rides, and a pretty good sized ferris wheel. It looked impressive for a small traveling show.

As I was looking up the directions on my phone, Lyss stood in front of me, clearing her throat. She was wearing black boots with a short red plaid skirt, a white blouse that showed off some of her midriff, with laces down either side giving me a peek at her skin, with a studded choker, multicolored bracelets, and a short black leather jacket. She had hints of color all over, but it mainly stayed very punk and matched her hair very well. My mouth must have been hanging open as I stared at her all dressed up in the sexiest outfit I ever saw her in. Lyss ran her fingers through her hair while shifting her weight.

“Well? How do I look?”

“Wow.”

“Wow?” She repeated. “Is that all?”

“You look amazing!” I elaborated. She stood there with one hand on her hip looking down at me quizzically. “Stunning! Beautiful… umm… you look um…” I struggled to find more words, hoping to get her approval. “... cute… pretty…. sexy… hot-”

“Ok! Ok. You can stop!” she blushed as she smiled. “Geez… I’m not that great.”

“Sure you are. You’ve always impressed me.”

“Flattery will get you everywhere” she winked. “So what’s the plan? More shopping?” She seemed to like shopping, although my wallet wasn’t terribly fond of it.

“Actually I was thinking we could go to the carnival. If that sounds good to you.”

“Carnival? Like with clowns and sideshow freaks and carnies?”

“I’m pretty sure they aren’t like that anymore…” I defended.

“Sounds awesome!” she exclaimed.

Lyss was eager to get going, pulling at my hand lifting me out of my seat. As she started pulling at me, dragging me behind her, she realized she had no idea where she was going and stopped. “Maybe you should lead” she suggested and held my hand as she walked next to me instead. I couldn’t help but get more glimpses of her in her new outfit.

As we walked along, heading back toward the exit nearest to my car, Lyss was all smiles and energy. But something caught her eye, and she stopped, tugging at my arm. It was a TV mounted to the ceiling over our heads showing a news report. It was muted, but subtitles were on screen. As well as the image of an anchorman and a picture of a young man hovering next to him. On closer inspection, it wasn’t a young girl… or even a girl at all… it was a gynoid. It cut to a video of the gynoid who looked less human than Lyss, with almost silver skin, but seemed very expressive with natural movements. People were celebrating, while others were protesting.

“What’s going on?” Lyss wondered. “Who is that?”

I looked closer at the subtitles and headlines on the screen. “She appears to be… one of the first.”

“First what? Robots?” Lyss wondered.

“The first robot citizens. Legally recognized” I noted. “She’s a free robot. Looks like her artificial appearance made the news.”

“A free robot…” Lyss repeated. “Sounds nice.” She seemed taken by the report, so I let her watch for a bit. I noticed others watching as well, even a few other androids and gynoids. I caught a few people shaking their heads and walking off, one man even looked angry about it and cursed under his breath. But plenty of others were smiling. Non-human citizens… non-biological beings with every right as any human… well almost. When the news changed to another topic, Lyss stood there, thinking. “I wonder what they did to manage that. This could change everything” she noted.

“It… it really could” I agreed.

After a few more moments standing in the middle of the aisle blocking traffic, Lyss shook her head and refocused on me. “Yeah, well good for her! Now about that date…”

“Right, let’s go!” I nodded and we darted off toward the exit.
Last edited by gynoneko on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

gynoneko

Re: Lost but Found, Chapter 7 - A Day Together

Post by gynoneko » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:12 pm

We arrived at the carnival well before it started to get dark. It was located in a large empty parking lot not that far from the mall. Oddly enough, we had to park in a field. You’d think it would have been the other way around.

“Woah… the ground is soft and… squishy…” Lyss noted as she got out of the car, holding on to the roof. Of course, she’d only ever been in a room before, she never touched soft ground.

“Yeah, it’s dirt. And grass.”

“I won’t fall will I?” She wondered as she reached toward me without letting go of the car. “It looks slippery.”. Luckily her boots were not high heels and gave her plenty of traction.

“It can be. Just hold onto me, You won’t fall.” I offered her my arm, and she eagerly took it and held on tight. I got the impression she still wasn’t used to the outdoors, and all the strange sensations it gave her. As a gust of wind brushed past us, she yelped and held on even tighter, until it was gone. Wind was not something she was used to either.

“It’s like a big fan just turns on out of nowhere…” she noted.

We made our way to the entrance. Lyss was glad to be an more solid ground again, but still held onto me. It wasn’t a grand affair, but Lyss had never seen anything like it. Payment booths, turnstiles, ticket takers, and the music and smells and lights from the other side of the small metal gate. I got us a pair of tickets from the booth-bot and entered the gate. Lyss was fascinated by everything she saw. To our left were some small rides and a stage where there was a band setting up, straight in front of us was the ferris wheel and a few other small rides, and to our right were games and shops. Lyss gravitated to the right, and pulled me along.

The few shops we looks at had only knick-knacks and apparel. We looked, but nothing called out to us. Besides, I spent enough already on clothes for her for one day. Still, she enjoyed browsing and looking at all the strange things for sale. One of the cashiers was a little robot boy, very much like Lyss, although his seams were more pronounced. Lyss got a kick out of talking with him.

We moved onto the next section… games. I wish I could say I won yss a big stuffed toy or something, but she was the one doing most of the playing, and very little winning. I did play some, but I won even less. We tried the ring toss, the pellet guns, the balloon darts game… everything they had really. And she was loving it! Everything we did had her laughing and joking and giggling. Even when we lost, she was still all grins. I don’t think she had ever had this much fun in her life. She managed to hit a stack of metal bottle with a small sack, knocking it over on the first try, and won a small stuffed toy dragon.

“Aww… it’s so cute” she squealed. “I’ll name him… Baron McFirefarts.”

I spit out the drink I was swallowing. “What?!”

She belted out laughing at me as I struggled not to choke to death on watered down soda. “What’s wrong with McFirefarts?” she managed to ask through her fits of giggles.

“Nothing” I said, wiping my nose and mouth with a napkin. “It’s the Baron part. He looks more like a Señior McFirefarts, don’t you think?” I learned to roll with it when Lyss was invollved.

“Señior McfireFarts…” she contemplated. “I don’t know...maybe he’s a she…”

“Magic Princess Firefarts?” we both said at the same time. I’m sure our sudden bursts of laughter were causing a scene, but it was pretty epic.

“It’s decided. Magic Princess Firefarts it is. What is that?” Lyss wondered as the sound of a local rock band started up from the stage.

“Must be the band. Let’s check it out.”

We rushed over to the stage on the other side of the lot, where 4 guys on stage were playing their instruments and singing. They sounded like a cross between jazz, metal, and classic rock. It actually wasn’t half bad. Although the sound quality stank.

“So this is what live music sounds like?” Lyss yelled over the sound as she settled in a spot halfway to the stage.

“Typically they sound worse live than recorded… but yeah” I explained.

“Awesome! I’ve never seen anyone play music live before! So this is not recorded?”

“I doubt it.”

“Cool!” she yelled and proceeded to cheer them on. She really started to get into it, and I noticed her hair was starting to glow… and slowly shifted to a vibrant blond. I hoped no one else really noticed, it could cause trouble. And Lyss really getting into the music. She was even tried dancing a little, although the confined space made it difficult.

A very short but athletic looking girl with pixie short brown hair and green eyes, wearing a tank top, started joining in with Lyss. She had scars on her arms, so I wasn’t so sure about Lyss hanging out near her, but all she seemed to want to do was rock out to the music. Lyss joined right in with her, and they sort of danced next to each other, but also with each other, like what girls do at clubs. I’m sure they would have danced the entire time together, but the girl suddenly noticed someone she must have been waiting for, and waved goodbye, vanishing into the crowd.

Strange girl, but Lyss was enjoying herself, and she was getting along with strangers really well, both human and robot. There was a good chance she’d do fine in the outside world by herself with a little more practice at it. I turned my thoughts back to the music, noticing that they never played a slow song. Oh well, no chance to slow dance with Lyss, not that I could dance. The music wasn’t half bad though, but I couldn’t keep my eyes off of Lyss. She was so happy. I had never seen her this ecstatic.

By. the time they finished their segment my ears were ringing. At least it was outdoors, so the noise level was more bearable. I tried to pop my ears by opening my jaw and fake yawning, but it didn’t really help.

“Something wrong?” Lyss asked, her voice soft. “Tired?”

“No. it’s nothing… just popping my ears.”

“Popping your ears? What does that mean?” she inquired as her hair fully returned to its natural rainbow hues.

“You know… when you get a ringing sound in your ears after listening to something loud. You can try balancing the pressure or something... It’s fine, it’s not that bad” I explained poorly.

“Ringing sound? Are you sure you’re alright? I don’t hear anything.”

Of course. One of the advantages of being a robot. “Ah. Right. You probably don’t have any problem with this. I guess it’s a human thing. Don’t worry, it’s normal, it’ll go away.”

She smiled and held onto my arm looking up at the sky. “Kev… is it just me or did the sky change color?”

“It’s just you” I teased. She scowled at me. “I kid. The sky always gets dark when night falls. It’ll go all the way to black, and then the stars will come out.”

“Stars… sounds pretty cool” she thought aloud as she looked up at the sky.

“How about we try one of the rides?” I asked. She raised an eyebrow at me and a smile slowly crept onto her face.

The advantage of not being able to eat anything meant Lyss would never throw up. But despite her ability to avoid tinnitus, she was still easily susceptible to dizziness. Lyss was having a blast on some of the smaller rides, where it would move you about and upside down… But the “Whirlathon” was too much.

She spent the next 10 minutes sitting on bench with her head between her legs.

“Ohh.. That does not feel good. Like someone punched my stomach… and I am having a hard time focusing…”

Even though I was also feeling the effects, she just seemed to not handle it well at all. “Yeah… that one was a mistake” I agreed.

“We are not doing that one again… ever!” she groaned.

“Agreed.”

Eventually, she was back on her feet, staring up at the sky as it approached black, and the stars were starting to come out. We took a walk looking at some of the displays they had up. She was disappointed they didn’t have any ‘freaks’, but was content to see the mirror room and the oddities, even if most of those were fake.

“Kevin…” Lyss cooed as we left the ‘Room of Wonders’. “Do you really think I’m pretty? I’ve never worn makeup, and I never dress up… not like I could before now.”

“Lyss, you are the most beautiful girl I know.”

“Even if I’m not a human?”

I shrugged. “Being human is overrated.”

She smiled and tugged at my arm, pulling me toward the side of the building. With her back against the wall, she reached her hand out to my face, and gently caressed my cheek.

I had hesitated for so long asking Lyss out… and while there was good reason, I should have at least told her how I felt long before now. With that in mind, I decided there would be no more hesitations. I leaned in, and kissed her right on the lips.

At first she wasn’t sure how to respond, but it was what she wanted, and she let it happen. Reaching her arms around my head and torso, she pulled me tighter into her, lifting one leg to press her body against me, as she kissed me back. Her lips were soft and wet, and she had a natural slightly sweet taste to her.

We made out for what felt like an eternity, but was in reality only 2 minutes, but my heart was racing, and our breathing was shallow and rapid. Lyss’s hair had turned a deep vibrant red, darker than before when she was angry. It was the type of intense saturated red no monitor could reproduce and was only seen in nature, something so rare and unique it had to be treasured. She panted as our lips parted, her closed eyes fluttering open to look into mine.

Just then someone shone a flashlight on us. Perhaps we weren’t as private as we would have liked. “Break it up” a man said. “This ain’t a hotel.”

“Sorry” I apologized, and took Lyss by the hand, guiding her away.

“Where are we going?” she asked.

“Someplace romantic where we can see the stars and have privacy… sort of.”

“In the carnival? But it’s so crowded.”

“You’ll see” I explained as I led her toward the very back.

10 minutes later, we were being seated on the largest portable ferris wheel I had seen at a carnival. Lyss was impressed with the size too, but she also thought it looked weird. At we sat on the bench and got locked in, Lyss turned to me.

“This isn’t going to spin really fast is it?”

She made me laugh, but it was a good laugh and when she felt it move slowly, she joined in.

“I see, so this is how we get privacy? Sitting on a bench hung in the air where everyone can see?”

“In the dark… with several minutes where no one can see us.”

She smiled at that thought, and scooched in closer to me, until her hip was firmly against mine. “So what n-?”

I held her chin in my hand, interrupting her, and gave her another deep sensual kiss. Her hair instantly returned to that dark vibrant red, as she closed her eyes. She responded in kind, kissing me back and running her hands along my back and sides.

Together, we ran our hands around the other as we made out. I felt her arms, her back, her chest… she squeaked when I touched her there, but didn’t stop me. Instead, she looked around, and since we were on the front edge of the wheel and no one could see us, she lifted her shirt with a sly grin and guided my hand underneath, onto her new bra. I could feel her nipple hardening under the soft padding of her bra, and squeezed, teasing her. She cooed and giggled as I caressed her. She was really feeling it.

I took it further and ran my fingers under one cup, touching her skin, and for the first time, massaging her breast. She was so warm and soft, and I loved how gentle and delicate she felt. I was getting hard, and she bit her lip as she held back a moan. Lyss gasped as my fingers reached her hard nipple and gave her a gentle pinch, but suddenly the ferris wheel start to move faster. Apparently everyone was onboard now and the ride officially began.

Frantically, I pulled my hand from her shirt and we straightened ourselves out laughing. We really were having the time of our lives. Lyss was enjoying the slow motion, laughing and dangling her feet, while I was enjoying watching her have so much fun. She ran her hand through her still deep red hair, and gave me a sexy look that said ‘I want you’.

By the time the ride was over, and we were sitting in the elevated bench at the top of the wheel waiting for the people to unload, Lyss was cuddled up close against me, looking up at the stars.

“Amazing… they’re so beautiful” she commented looking up, running her fingers through mine absentmindedly.

“Yeah. We are looking all the way into space! Those stars are millions of lightyears away.”

“Far out…” she cooed.

“Yeah… literally” joked.

“Everything is so big out here!” she smiled as she placed her hand on my lap… and then carefully and slowly onto my hardening member. She sat upright a little more, biting her lip, but kept her hand on me, and ran her fingers down both sides of my bulge, sending shivers of pleasure to my brain. She pressed a little harder, closing her eyes, and feeling the shape of my manhood though my pants.

Her breathing deepened and her brow furrowed as she started to caress me harder. It felt amazing, and it was only through my pants. Her fingers were delicate, small, and had just the right amount of pressure. I placed my hand on her bare thigh, and felt her soft smooth leg. At first she twitched at the sudden sensation, gasping unexpectedly. But as I rested my hand more on her soft warm flesh, she tightened her grip on me and licked her lips.

Lyss began to shiver as she unzipped the front of my pants, and reached inside, placing her hand on my underwear and getting a much better feel of me. I in turn ran my hand up her thigh, eliciting mews and stifled moans. She gripped me tightly, getting a good feel of my girth, and ready to pull my member out of my pants. I ran my fingers up her inner thigh, feeling the incredible softness of her sensitive body, and reached her panties, softly and gently touching the warm soft fabric, pressing my fingers against her and caressing her vaginal lips through the material.

Suddenly, she stopped and let go, pulling her hand out and grabbing my wrist while closing her legs together tightly. Her hair abruptly turned white with streaks of bright red in it, and her eyes shot open. She pulled me away from her, and started to shake.

“I can’t” she whispered. “I want to… but I can’t.”

“What’s wrong? Are you alright?”

She shook her head. “It’s Trevor… he… What he did to me… I’m not ready yet” she explained as she started to cry. No sobs, no runny nose, just tears. She wiped them away and took a deep breath.

“Are you hurt? Do you feel any pain?” I worried.

She shook her head. Silent moments went by as she sat there, tense and still. She said nothing, but eventually leaned into me.

“I'm sorry” she whispered.

I shook my head and put my arm around her. “No, it's ok. I'd rather you be happy and ready than for you to force yourself.”

We left the ride in silence, and walked back to the car, hand in hand. I could tell she was thinking deeply, and I didn't want to break her train of thought. Her hair had lost the streaks of red and was a gray tone.

As we approached the car, she halted, and refused to go near.

“I don't want to go back” she explained. “I can't face him right now.”

“You don't have to go back, I won't make you.”

“But you have to close shop” she replied.

I looked at my watch. Damn… She was right. I needed to head straight over there.

“Right… Well… You can stay in the car, I promise you don't have to see him.”

She nodded and agreed, getting in the car and buckling up on her own.

It wasn't a long trip back, but it felt long. She stayed quiet for a while until finally she broke the silence.

“When…” She cleared her throat. “When you… touched me back there… I… remembered something.”

“Your memories are coming back?!” I shouted.

She shook her head. “Not exactly. Not any memories of events or anything. More like… emotions. I… I think I remembered the way I felt when I was being… r-... abused.”

Heavy stuff. “It's ok. I'm here for you.”

She nodded. “I felt scared… terrified… angry…”

“I see. You can remember feelings?”

Lyss nodded again. “I think so.”

“Well then… I better make sure all your new memories are happy ones.”

She smiled briefly, but her nervousness remained. She stayed silent the rest of the way. As I pulled up, I parked toward the back, away from the lights, so Lyss could hide if Trevor came close. I hated leaving her in there alone, but she just smiled and squeezed my hand.

“I'll be fine. I'm a tough girl. Remember?”

I grinned back and gave her a thumbs up before closing the door and leaving her alone in the dark car. I jogged to the door, and went on in. The place was half dark, most of the lights were already shut off. I could see that strange girl… Alice was it? She was just finishing up, along with a few others. Trevor was bound to still be around.

I went into the office to check there, since he should have been counting the money, preparing the bank bags, and putting the registers in the safe. Sure enough, he was there.

“Wondering where you went off to” he commented looking over his shoulder. “You sure didn't want to hang around. I guess with Lyss out of commission, you'll have extra work tomorrow to make up.”

“Maybe. I think I can manage.”

“Well it's on you either way. Speaking of Lyss where is she?”

“Didn't I tell you, I locked her up in the repair room downstairs.

“YOU LOCK-” he cleared his throat. “Why would you do that?”

“Because it is more secure than the office, and she was so worn out, I had to charge her directly to her main power terminal in her back. We don't have one of those up here.”

“What about her backup and maintenance?” He wondered, suddenly so interested in Lyss’s well-being.

“She'll be fine one day. Personally I think Bill over does it with her. She can handle a lot more than one or two days before a session. Plus look at that thing… I don't trust it isn't giving her a virus or something.”

Trevor looked at the dinky computer and charging station attached. He shook his head but then shrugged his shoulder at me. “Fine. As long as you got thing-”

“Bill left me in charge of Lyss. So I'm doing the best I can.”

He nodded again. “Alright. I'm almost done here.”

I gave him a smile and a nod but he just turned back to counting the register he was on. Such a tedious job, counting up other people's money. I could never do that. Then again what I do is fast more tedious, but also far more rewarding.

I went downstairs to lock up the front. Everything was good and all the front of house employees had taken off. I closed and locked all the doors, shutting off the last lights. The back was equally abandoned now, leaving me and Trevor alone. As I made sure all the lights were down and systems on standby, Trevor came out of the office and locked up behind him.

“All set?” I asked.

“Yup” he called back. “To bad I can't say goodbye to Lyss like I usually do.” He turned toward the locked repair room door. “GOODNIGHT LYSS” he belted. “Think she could hear me.”

“I doubt it” I replied. “She won't wake till the morning.”

He shrugged and headed toward the back door, with me following right behind. I set the alarm and we left the building together.

“Same bat time tomorrow then?” He called out heading to his car, pulling off his keys.

I waved back, keeping up the illusion that I didn't want to kill him. “Yeah. Night.”

I slowly walked toward my car as I watched him get I his and drive off. Finally, add I made sure he was gone, I faced my car again.

“All clear Lyss. He's-”

Something was wrong. The passenger door was hanging wide open, and Lyss was nowhere to be seen! I bolted for the door and looked inside. She was gone!

I called out, yelling frantically. “Lyss? Lyss!” I kept calling out her name but got nothing. I worriedly studied the scene. There was no damage to the car, and the door was unlocked, probably from the inside. Maybe she was still nearby. But why would she leave the car?

I looked around, and something glinting in the moonlight caught my eye. At the fast corner of the parking lot was her new leather jacket, strewn on the ground. I ran toward it and picked it up. It was still warm. “ Lyss!” I bellowed again and again!

Following the same direction, I searched outside the paved lot, into the darkened small wooded area nearby. It was hard to see, but luckily the moon was out, and I saw one of her multicolored bracelets sparkle in the grass. I grabbed it and looked around. It was hard to see anything, and my mind was racing with possible scenarios. Maybe she got infected by a zombie virus, maybe the FBI stole her, maybe she was having more memory problems and got confused…

I continued looking, for 5 minutes, before seeing Magic Princess Firefarts on the ground near a small concrete bridge over a drainage pipe. Finally, I heard a whimper down the incline next to the overpass. I slid down the still slick ground, and heard motion nearby. I found Lyss, sitting on the wet ground, hiding at the entrance of a large drainage pipe, holding her knees to her chest and covering her mouth to silence her breathing. She was shivering, and her hair was paper white and pressed down against her skin.

She looked up at me, tears running down her face, and scrambled toward me, hugging me tightly and shaking all over. “Kevin!” I held her close, and looked around to see if there was anyone around.

“Lyss! What happened? Are you ok?”

She didn’t say anything for a while and just stood there. “Don’t let go” she whispered. “We should run…” she added.

“I got you. Run from what?” There was no one around.

“Mmmmonster” she stuttered.

“A monster?” Images of the alien bird creature with the the strange eyes from the night before flooded my mind. I almost forgot about it in everything going on.

“She… chased me.”

“There’s nothing here now. Are you ok? Did he hurt you?” I held her arms and looked at her. She had no injuries I could see. Lyss shook her head.

“You might have scared it away…”

“What do you mean monster? Did it have wings? Large eyes?” I wondered.

She shook her head again. “She… was wild… like a panther… walking upright!”

“A panther? In the city?” I questioned.

“I’M NOT LYING” she snapped!

“I… didn’t say you were. I believe you. I saw something else… a few nights ago…. Tell me what happened” I consoled her as I put her jacket over her shoulders and guided her out of the ditch.

“I was sitting in the car… waiting for you when a girl… I think she was naked... She appeared out of nowhere, hunched over, and followed after you, but then she stopped. And sniffed the air.”

“Sniffed?” I asked as I helped pull her up to the top of the embankment.

“Yeah” she confirmed, struggling to get up the slippery grass and slipping at the top, falling into my chest. She stayed there for a few seconds and buried her face in my chest. She eventually took a step back and breathed deeply, holding my hand tightly and letting me lead her back to the car.

“And then she turned toward me. And looked straight through me…” she hesitated and shuddered, but gathered herself and continued a moment later. “She just walked slowly toward me, closer and closer. She got all the way up to the car and growled.”

I could see the lot again and the car, and kept her close as she talked. “Did she open the door?” I wondered.

“No…” she denied. “I did… she was heading right toward me! I got scared, so I got out and… and ran as fast as I could. But…”

“She was faster?”

“Yeah…. a lot faster. She chased me and grabbed my jacket. I got it off, but she grabbed my wrist. Somehow I got away and slipped down there… but she caught up and…” she shivered again.

I stopped. “Are you ok? Did she hurt you?”

She shrugged. “I’m fine…” she assured me, holding her left arm with her right hand. “But… she grabbed me by the arm and hissed at me.”

“Can you describe her?”

“It was dark but… she looked human, was lean and fast, and had… ears like a panther, and a long tail, and large yellow eyes… and… she moved like a cat… I don’t know, I was terrified” she stopped.

“How did you get away?” I questioned.

She shook her head. “I didn’t. She sort of just… backed away and ran off. I hid after that. Kevin… I was so scared!” She tightened her grip on me and jerked to one side, listening to something rustling in the trees. It was just a bird. Finally, we made it to the car, and both of us stopped in our tracks.

A dark figured, with the form of a naked girl, darted away from my car faster than any bird into the trees and out of sight. I never heard a thing. But I was sure it had been there; I had evidence. The passenger seat had scratch marks in it; foam peeking out of the cuts. Whatever it was that chased down Lyss, it must have come back to the car… something in my car attracted it. Or… someone. It couldn’t possibly be...

“Alexia?”

===========
Next.
Last edited by gynoneko on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Brian May

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:25 am

An excellent chapter, love the way Lyss is learning new things. Your technical descriptions are spot on, not too in depth but just right to get across what the plot requires.
Gynoid Conversion, how can we make you better today?
Latest version 38 beta here. Alternate site here.

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Glad you like it! We've been working hard on making everything in the chapter flow well while hitting all the plot points. Look forward to a steamier episode next chapter ;)
- Brian May

Brytestar
Identification: Human

Post by Brytestar » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:45 am

thanks for everything Gynoneko. Can you PM me? There was an idea I wanted to present.
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

Talon1972
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Talon1972 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Really like how your story is coming along, glad you didn't throw lyss under the bus. Looking really forward to where you go next with it.

Murotsu

Post by Murotsu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:09 pm

I'm enjoying this one. The characters are developed with personalities and it isn't just sex heavy. A good story that combines a plot with reasons for the character's actions.

Talon1972

Post by Talon1972 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Murotsu wrote:I'm enjoying this one. The characters are developed with personalities and it isn't just sex heavy. A good story that combines a plot with reasons for the character's actions.
Totally aggree

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Really glad you guys are liking this one. I am trying to keep the sex steamy but infrequent, and I really wanted to explore character development. Honestly this was originally going to be about Kevin and Alexia, but I just fell in love with Lyss and ended up reworking most of it after that. I feel it is much stronger now, although far from perfect.
- Brian May