Rebooted: A Boom-Boom Joint (5/4+epilogue)

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
Propman
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Rebooted: A Boom-Boom Joint (5/4+epilogue)

Post by Propman » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:00 am

Chad Kalmeski was a short, shy, bookish fan of 1970s blaxploitation movies. So when fortune smiled on him, he decided to fulfill a deep-seated wish–hiring an android factory to build him a smart, bossy, and beautiful robot Black gangster girl, whom he named simply “Boom-Boom.” She proved to be the woman of his dreams: a smart, aggressive, flirty and rather dominant girlfriend, who quickly began running a small gang. Chad, as some of you know, was simply dragged along for the ride.

Boom-Boom’s gang operations soon roused the ire of Ms. Magdalene Wormwood–another powerful fembot with a manicured finger in the city’s every pie. Eventually the two gynoid gang bosses literally grappled for dominance, with Wormwood suffering the most extensive damage; but Boom-Boom was not unharmed in the clash. A young techie named Dorothy–Wormwood’s creator, owner, and slave–befriended Chad and offered to rebuild Boom-Boom… why? She wasn’t telling.

Dorothy’s knife cut deeply and ruthlessly into Boom-Boom’s synthetic flesh. But while the technician was hard and firm, she was also careful: careful not to harm the delicate mesh responsible for Boom-Boom’s senses of touch and temperature. The damage to the android’s internal systems was not extensive–Boom-Boom could still walk and talk–but some sensors had been miscalibrated in the recent combat. Her synthskin had been overdue for a repair, anyway. It was just a matter of bolting on some more support and reattaching sensors and CPUs. Boom-Boom’s skeleton, unlike that of most domestic robots, was partially metal, which made her tougher than regular androids.

The repair process was also a time for upgrades. If you could upgrade, why wouldn’t you? With an unsettling pop, Boom-Boom’s eyes were pried out and replacements set in: as dark as before, but now more sensitive. Internal temperature monitors were now more exact and sensitive as well. Some of her servos were replaced with more effective synthetic muscles; but overall Boom-Boom, after the replacement of her artificial guts, looked exactly the same as before: a tall, toned and fit Black beauty queen with a sensitive mouth and a slightly upturned nose.

She would behave–probably–just as before, too. Her software package was being updated to facilitate some new–moves, for want of a better word. Beyond their initial programming, most androids and gynoids often start out as “blank slates,” but B-B had come programmed with a personality, and her short life had already given her additional experiences and preferences; the new programming today only served to supplement this. Ah, and there was one more thing: copying. Even though Boom-Boom might vigorously protest, Chad was legally the owner and custodian of her Artificial Intelligence. One backup copy of her mind and programming was made at his permission.

Now the renovations were complete; Boom-Boom’s synthetic flesh needed just patching up, being quite durable and malleable. A new hairdo would soon replace the burnt afro B-B had been so proud of. In just a couple of hours, she would be her old self again.

The damage to her opponent, who had lost her head and damaged a couple of major substructures, was far more extensive. Wormwood’s original body–petite and topped with an impressive beehive hairdo–could still have served her, but the fembot’s AI insisted upon keeping her newer chassis: that of a muscular, seven-foot-tall Amazon with long platinum blonde hair. This body, post-fight, needed a new spine and new arms; and even though Dorothy loved to work on her beloved mistress, she didn’t enjoy thinking about the days this particular job would devour. By comparison, Boom-Boom’s repairs had only taken a few hours.

Wormwood’s blank, but still strict face watched over Dorothy as she re-sculpted Boom-Boom’s muscles and limbs.

------------

In the small salon above the lab in Wormwood’s spacious mansion, a game of strip poker was in progress; and Chad was already down to his pants. Melanie wasn’t faring much better. The skinny blonde gynoid–a former flight attendant, and now B-B’s self-proclaimed “like, bestest friend”–wore only a bra, flip-flops and underwear as she stared into the smug face of Jessica, Wormwood’s favorite underling.

Jessica was herself an interesting creation. Dressed like a college-age punk with a shock of dyed red hair, this gynoid had been commissioned by Wormwood as Dorothy’s designated rival for Wormwood’s affections: by competing with Dorothy and beating her, Jessica was intended to serve as a kind of indirect punishment for Dorothy-as-submissive. Yet, unusually for a robot created by another robot, Jessica had come out very human, smart, and well-adjusted. While–as per her programming–quite enamored of Wormwood’s punishments, Jess was otherwise a sensible, slightly playful girl who treated the intended rivalry as a running joke, and “Dot” as her stable BFF-with-benefits in an otherwise unstable world. Between the strict domme Wormwood and the somewhat unrealistic submissive Dorothy, Jessica had become the voice of reason in the household.

“I raise,” Jessica flashed a knowing grin. “My T-shirt, Chad’s jacket and Mel’s sunglasses.”

Chad grinned in a weak attempt to bluff. “My two socks… and my belt.”

“Oh em gee, does the belt even count?” Mel pouted at Chad. “I coulda–”

“You don’t wear a belt,” smiled the fourth player: Yuriko, a more full-figured Japanese woman, who was still mostly clothed, but without her suit jacket and necktie. “And you don’t have much else left, Mel.”

“Um… okay,” the blonde fidgeted like a nervous ingenue. “Poker was totally NOT the best idea I ever had for killing time. Chad, like–help me take off my bra or something!” As he reached around her to unhook the straps, she giggled and nuzzled him, getting in his face. “Like, hurry, slave. Present arms, orsomejunk.” For Boom-Boom’s amusement in weeks past, Mel had taken to jokingly treating Chad as her sub.

Just then the door opened to reveal the tall figure of Boom-Boom herself, wearing nothing but a lab coat made for someone much shorter. “Shit, guys,” she smirked upon seeing Mel nuzzling Chad. “A girl gets deco for a couple days and you’re already makin’ out. Coulda waited for B-B!”

“Beeeeee!” Mel squealed and ran towards her boss, embracing her in all-too-cheerful hug. “You’re alive!”

B-B briefly hugged Mel back, but then pulled her off. “Hey, Mel–no kissy! Of course I’m fuckin’ alive. Jeez. How long have I been… out of order?”

“Three days, boss,” Chad smiled. He scanned the table, took his shirt, and started pulling it on over Jess’ mild protests. “Yuri and I have mostly been taking care of the Shadow.”

“You–in charge?” Boom-Boom chuckled. “I can smell shit goin’ wrong already.” She gave a suspicious sniff, like a general on inspection noticing suspiciously clean latrines. Then she suddenly stopped short as she became aware of her own sniffing action. “Hey, I can do that?” Boom-Boom realized that this gesture–crinkling her nose, breathing in and out through it sharply–was new to her repertoire. “Dang, there really is an app for everything these days.”

“Yeah...“ Chad smiled apologetically, as he offered his sweater to his nude robot girlfriend. “We used your ‘time off’ to iron out your bugs and install some new features.”

“Sweet!” Boom-Boom started to dress up in the discarded clothes. “Do I get kung fu? Or–hey, hey, can I shoot lasers from my eyes? Will I stop getting stuck in loops? In loops? In loops?”

Everyone paused for a moment, but B-B had only been teasing; she shook her head and snickered. “See what I mean? Fuckin’ annoying!”

“Stop getting stuck in loops?” Chad ran his hand through his read hair. “Well, no. Dot and I could only add minor details. Couldn’t rewrite your OS. Wouldn’t want to rewrite your personality…”

“So what? What new shit CAN I do?” she half-smiled. “What’s the LITTLEST thing you added?”

"...You can seductively lick your teeth at me, Boss,” Chad murmured shyly. “I... thought it was hot…"

B-B paused for a moment. "So I never did that before? It didn't come natural? You had to ADD it? Come here–you are the fucking SWEETEST." She slowly, satisfiedly licked her teeth, in the manner of a lioness spotting a defenseless gazelle.

Mel pulled B-B’s arm. “You can lick your teeth? You totally know what that means, boss!” The Black woman looked at Mel, puzzled. “ICE CREAM TIME!”

B-B rolled her eyes. “How do we turn you off? Just kiddin’, dawg. Fuck, I need a new bra… can’t fight ballers with my tits flyin’ around. Should I–”

She paused for a moment to take in her surroundings. “Okay, I spent the last three days being fixed, right? So, Chad, where the fuck are we now?”

“Wormwood’s mansion!” Mel exclaimed proudly. “The bitch is LOADED. We should, like, take her cash and run!”

“Oh! Shout it from the rooftops, Harley Quinn,” Jess rolled her eyes and shook her head in tired disbelief. “It’s not like the drama won’t find you. ...Jesus, I need coffee. Wormwood lets me keep some in–”

“Wormwood?” Boom-Boom blinked, trying to make sense of the new situation.

“The super-Amazon who attacked you,” Chad said uncomfortably. “Apparently I–well, I wasn’t the first guy to invent a fembot gangster. Her uh… owner?… Dorothy is a good person–we actually got along and she offered to fix you up.”

“Huh.” B-B, at least in her own mind, had won the clash. “Oh, yeah,” she asked, “did the cops press any charges?”

“Well, they found two damaged robots fighting. They turned you both off remotely, and Dorothy bribed them.”

“So… she’s loaded, huh? Wormwood is, like–what? Her chief enforcer? Like, attack dog for Dorothy’s mob?”

“She is my mistress and my love!” an offended voice echoed out of the lab from which B-B had emerged. “I designed her to be ruthless and cunning, and she delivers.”

Boom-Boom, surprised, turned back. The young, slim blonde woman extended her right hand. “Even though I’ve been fixing you for the past two days, we haven’t had a chance to meet. Dorothy West, programmer and–sort of amateur gangster movie historian. Boom-Boom?”

“You know my name, girl. So what, you own the place and you tinker on bots?”

“Oh, no, no–Mistress Magdalene Wormwood owns the place. What’s mine is hers!”

Boom-Boom stared at her briefly, then broke into a wide grin. “You are one fucked-up little slut,” she grinned. “I like you.” The tall Afroed girl tousled the programmer’s hair. “I think we’ll get along just fine! How about me and my posse crash here for a couple of days, until your big girl gets back on track? I wanna talk to her!”

"I suppose so..." Dorothy hesitated. “Jessica, wanna give a tour to Ms. Boom?” “Yes please,” Jess yawned. “Can it end at a juice bar?”

“Hmm, let’s see…” Boom-Boom strategized. “First things first, we find a place to crash, then we go shopping. Chad, you got some cash? I need some new duds. You know what? We need to pop back home, take some of our things. I need to check up on my business… maybe visit some stores to show ’em that the Boss is still in town… can’t be a gangster lookin’ like a goodwill reject. Goddamn it! I–”

Boom-Boom came to a sudden realization. “Why y’all starin’ at me like cows at the butcher?”

The others in the room were indeed looking at Boom-Boom with interest. Chad cleared his throat and smiled meekly again. “It’s good to see you bossing people around, Boom-Boom. I kinda missed that.”

Mel and Yuriko nodded enthusiastically, while Dorothy also seemed to enjoy the sight of Boom-Boom giving orders. Jessica watched with a more reserved amused smile.

Boom-Boom put her arms around Mel’s and Chad’s necks. “Shit, it’s only been three days! That’s why Boom-Boom is the boss, and y’all are her favorite bitches. C’mon, we need to go to the crib an’ do some shopping.” She blew a kiss to Dorothy and Jessica. “We’ll be back for dinner, girl! Keep the pizza warm!”
Last edited by Propman on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:21 am, edited 6 times in total.

Propman

Re: Rebooted: A Boom-Boom joint (1/5)

Post by Propman » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:07 am

This is another collab between me and my talented friend australopith.

Even though I initially didn't want to return to Boom-Boom and her gang, he (and a lot of other forumites) have convinced me otherwise. B-B is back, ready to kick fembot ass. Her friends now have more detailed personalities, she might get a host of new enemies and friends, and she will maybe even slightly grow up. I hope y'all will have as much fun reading this story as we had writing it.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Re: Rebooted: A Boom-Boom Joint (1/5)

Post by Spaz » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:38 pm

I never got around to reading the original set of stories, but I had some time to read this one on my phone while I was sitting in a car coming home from Montana, so I thought I'd comment.

The characters are very well written, with definable personalities and perfect dialogue. I also enjoyed the scenes detailing the repairs, upgrades, and how everything worked...even the characters surprise at new features that she had to have pointed out, because they were involuntary reactions.

Also, I can tell that I don't necessarily have to read the originals to enjoy this installment, so I look forward to the next bit!
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:02 pm

ditto

Propman

Post by Propman » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback! In a way, this is, as the name implies, a reboot of the series (because yes, this is going to be a series).

australopith

Post by australopith » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:37 pm

Oh, it is SO going to be a series. (One of several, of course–it's all Greg, Monica and Calvin can do to hold Contessa back until Boom-Boom's latest intrigue is over... Trish would like to return as well, though she's happy to nap on Perry and mooch till we're ready for her.)

Propman

Post by Propman » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:05 am

The third floor of the Shadow was not really fit to live in; while most of its current inhabitants were, indeed, not technically alive, Boom-Boom and Mel occasionally exhibited all-too-human bursts of extravagance, with their spending sprees and will to party. While B-B had started her electronic life needing nothing more than a recharging at night, her programming had quickly evolved, and she refused to go without a bed. She simulated sleep and expressly demanded a bedroom of her own, even if it wasn’t much to look at.

“Shiiit, this place is a fuckin’ DUMP,” Boom-Boom murmured as she assessed the only home she had ever had. The simple IKEA bed was disheveled; slightly smelly pizza boxes full of tissues and cigar stubs were lying around. Old comic books and magazines dotted the landscape. “You could’ve cleaned it up when I was decommissioned,” she grumbled at Chad while pulling out a box clearly marked “B-B’s Wigs.”

“So–what, Boss? You want to move to Dorothy’s mansion now? Or Wormwood’s, or whoever’s they pretend it is.” Chad sat down on B-B’s bed and stared quite openly at the fembot’s body.

“Kinda, yeah.” Boom-Boom looked critically at the long, blonde, straight hairpiece she held in her hands. “Is this me? Or should I go with the ‘fro again?” She returned her focus to Chad, giving him a shameless grin. “I dunno–that Dorothy is basically YOU, isn’t she? A fucked-up, but basically innocent perv, making a ’bot just to boss her around. I’ll get along with her just fiiiine. It’s her scuzbucket of a mistress I’m more worried about.”

“Last time, Wormwood tried to kill you… well, break you, whatever,” Chad relented. “But either way, it’s a risk when I don’t know how to fix you myself. I’m not a techie. Like Dorothy.”

Boom-Boom motioned for Chad to help her clasp her bra. “True, that,” she mused. “But remember–Wormwood an’ I BOTH went kinda out of order, an’ she got it worse.” Boom-Boom sounded more hopeful than certain. “Maybe I can reason with Wormwood, femboss with femboss... you dig? It’s an alpha female thing: we both went through all that crap, but Boom-Boom still kicked her ass. An’ could still WALK after.”

“If you say so.” Chad smiled weakly at his boss. “Think you can reason with her? Go ahead. Reason away–I give up.”

“Told ya,” Boom-Boom laughed. “You’re like Dorothy, a fuckin’ doormat! C’mere, you.” She pulled him to herself and hugged him closely, pecking him on the cheek.

“Where did THAT come from?” Chad asked, though he didn’t protest.

“Nowhere,” B-B smiled and went to dressing up. “If I had a reason for everything I did, I’d be crazy. Ya wanna go shopping with me and Mel?”

“Do I even have a choice?” Chad smiled.

“We’re gonna be all girly an’ shit. If you don’t like it, you and Yuriko can stay home–we’ve got each other,” Boom-Boom shrugged. She knew by now that going out alone could be dangerous when one’s software had an unfortunate tendency to get stuck. Mel, however, could always reboot her boss, and her chipper personality was all about being helpful.

“I’ll stay home,” Chad relented. He was a bit curious about living at Wormwood’s and wanted some time to collect his thoughts. “Hey–since you’re going out,” he added, “didn’t you want to drop by some of the businesses that are… um, under your protection?” Boom-Boom’s main source of illicit income was her gang’s on-again, off-again protection-money scheme.

“That can wait,” Boom-Boom muttered. She did not like being reminded of plans she had forgotten about. “Or maybe me and Mel will pop by a few on our way back. I’ll hit ya on the phone. Go and find Mel.”

As the door closed behind Chad, Boom-Boom sat down on her bed and pulled out a laptop. It was nominally Chad’s, but she had been using it increasingly often to shop online, browse the web and play video games. One might question why, as a robot, Boom-Boom needed to use a computer at all; there were numerous gynoids on the market that came with internal e-mail and web browser functionality. But Boom-Boom was not one of them. Her human personality simply enjoyed the experience of using the computer–and checking her email account after a period of absence.

There weren’t any new messages for her. So–feeling absolutely entitled, as both his owner, his partner and his property–Boom-Boom logged onto Chad’s e-mail account. The password was, of course, PamGrier69; Boom-Boom knew it well. She noticed a previously opened new message, named “Re: Miss Boom-Boom”:

Hey Chad,

We talked before. You’ve mentioned that you’ve been thinking of getting a new android girlfriend. I’ll try to fix your old one; maybe I can even sand off a few rough edges, in exchange for a copy of her personality matrix. While I deeply love Madame Wormwood, I’d love to have Miss Boom-Boom bossing me around for a while! She might be troublesome and slightly buggy, but she seems like an interesting person! :)

Please bring your android girlfriend to my house at Bellview 22. Call when you’re outside. I know you’ve already got my number.

Thanks,

Dorothy A. W.

Boom-Boom’s eyes opened wide. This… this shit was WHACK. Her personality–her mind–might only be a kind of simulation, but the conflicting emotions that flew through her head seemed real to her. Her databases literally had no guide for what to do in this situation, but Boom-Boom knew that Chad, at the very least, deserved punishment.

Mel pulled the bookish, red-headed young man into Boom-Boom’s den. Both Mel and Chad were immediately taken aback by their robot boss’ serious demeanor.

“Hey, Mel…” Boom-Boom shook her head slightly and then asked, in a surprisingly calm voice, “Would you say I’m… expendable?”

“Expendable? You? Uh… no? You’re the boss, Bee.” As yet, Mel could not fathom what Boom-Boom was talking about.

“Well, yeah… but we’re also machines, me an’ you. Right, Chaddie?” Boom-Boom looked accusingly at Chad. “Fuck-dolls that YOU could REPLACE anytime with NEWER models. Less… fuckin’ TROUBLESOME or BUGGY.”

“What are you–” Panicked Chad looked this way and that.

“Don’t be a dickhead!” Boom-Boom stood up and folded her arms on her chest. “I’ve read your emails with that Dorothy chick! You were gonna buy a new girlfriend–with what money? The Benjamins I coulda hurt myself bringin’ in?” Her voice remained strong, but an unmistakably injured tone came to it. “Oh, but if the ROBOT is hurt, you can always rebuild IT. Sand off those rough edges.”

There was a moment of silence. Mel blinked nervously. “Hey… I-I gotta check if there’s any booze left in the bar–um… see ya?” Then she backed out of the room and disappeared.

“I literally don’t know whether to fuckin’ cry, or kick your butt!” Boom-Boom burst at her creator. “How could you treat me like this, Chad?”

“But I didn’t even DO anything! All I did is to talk with a woman about... I hauled you to Dorothy’s lab, I waited for her to fix you–”

“Yeah. So you could DUMP me on her like a used sex-doll. Y’all don’t CARE if I get tied up by her big-ass pervert mistress, or if Wormwood an’ I fight again, or nothing! It’s like that old-ass Battlebots TV show–it’s a GAME what happens to the robot, right? My mind is backed up on a disc, so who the fuck cares?”

“It’s not like that!” Chad was mortified. “It’s just… you’re not exactly what I wanted when I had you made, Boom-Boom. You’re sometimes too… too much for me to handle. You can’t blame me for wishing things were different.”

The girl slumped down onto her cot. “Well, fucking A. ...Yeah, what a motherfuckin’ amazing day to be a robot. First I’m almost killed, then I learn that my boyfriend wanted to GIVE me to my wannabe killer? An’ now I actually learn my entire goddamn existence is a mistake.” She looked at him grimly. “Well, go ahead. Tell me that Boom-Boom was just a BAD IDEA you had, you douche.”

“I… look, Beebs, you’re a great person, but sooner or later you’re going to get us all in deep shit! You’re reckless, dangerous! I… I think you’re amazing, but I’m also…” Chad swallowed hard. “I’m also afraid of you.”

Boom-Boom looked at him, annoyed and desperate. “Every part of me was your fantasy once. I exist ’cause you dreamed me up. An’ now you’re afraid? You didn’t think about that goin’ in?”

Chad shook his head. “If every part of you was my fantasy, then–then you’d never surprise me. You surprise me every day.” He sat down next to Boom-Boom and offered a consoling hug; she pushed him away.

He tried to explain further. “I… I don’t know. I watched a lot of gangster movies on TV. Then I got a lot of money. I made a wish, and–and I wished for something that wasn’t exactly good for me. But the things you wish for usually aren’t.”

She looked at him bitterly. “So what? It’s not like I’m some goddamn Zooey Deschanel here to fix up your shitty emotional life!” She took a deep breath and spat out: “I watch TV, too. The guys who go to bed playin’ God… always wake up feelin’ like Dr. Frankenstein! But I’m just the person you wanted me to be, Chad Kalmeski. I ain’t no monster.”

A tear rolled down her cheek: synthetic and programmed and real, all at once. “I ain’t... no monster,” she repeated.

“You’re not a monster. I’d never call you one. Just–not exactly what I wanted.”

So I’m a failure?” Boom-Boom, while still distraught, was always to the point.

Chad avoided her gaze. “I’m not saying–listen, if you want me to go, I’ll go. You’ll never hear from me again.”

Boom-Boom thought for a moment. Then she hung her head. “Man, being a robot sucks. You know why, douchenozzle? Because right now I’m thinkin’ I don’t wanna lose you… but some other part of me wonders if that thought is just another thing you put in my head.”

Chad turned his head uncomfortably. “I don’t think I put it in.”

After a pause, Boom-Boom bit her lower lip “I don’t fuckin’ know what to do, man. I mean… I’m a robot, I’m not crazy. I know what I am, but that doesn’t mean... You ain’t so terrible–but it still hurts.”

He looked her straight in her dark eyes. “Well… if it hurts, it’s probably more than enough proof that I’ve been terrible.”

“Shit. I made fun of Wormwood an’ her bitch. But what they’ve got is probably WAY more stable an’ sensible than us.”

“Oh, so we do have a thing? I mean, I’m your boyfriend?” Chad asked, interested.

Boom-Boom swept her hair aside and smiled smugly, but with saddened eyes. “No, not anymore. I know what to do–I see it now. I’m not… one-hundred-percent dumping you. You’re now just a guy I know. Like we just met. We’re basically back to square one, except we ain’t never been there.”

Chad looked puzzled.

“What I mean is… after I get over this shit, you’ll be free to ask me out,” Boom-Boom sadly explained. “Maybe I’ll say yes. Maybe I’ll say no. An’ in the meantime–I can get someone better than you.”

“I understand, Boss,” Chad nodded.

“No,” Boom-Boom shook her head, “you really DON’T understand. Look–you were so fuckin’ sweet this morning, an’ now you’re pretending to be caring an’ understanding an’ shit; so I’m not kickin’ you out. But damn it; if you’re not shallow, how come I look the way I look? I’m just givin’ you a second chance NOT to be a d-bag.”

Chad stood up and walked to the door. “Okay. I’ll send Mel to keep you company. You two will probably have a lot to talk about. But… our new arrangement, whatever, should at least work both ways, Bee–Boss.”

She gave him an exasperated look. “It should WHAT now?”

“If we’re back to square one, then try to be less reckless, okay? And if we ever leave square one, don’t drive us where snakes are.”

Boom-Boom bit her lip again. “...Okay. Now go. Please.”

--NightBattery--

Re: Rebooted: A Boom-Boom Joint (2/5)

Post by --NightBattery-- » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Hhahaa I love your characters man.

Propman

Post by Propman » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:19 pm

I really must reiterate that this is mine and australopith's collab, and he is as much an author as I am!

Propman

Post by Propman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:21 pm

Technically, Boom-Boom was rebooting, not waking up; but when one is a robot, such distinctions are easy to overlook. In any event, her return to consciousness was painful. “Sweet Christmas,” Boom-Boom muttered to herself, staring at the ceiling. “Who the hell programmed me to get hangovers? My system doesn’t even digest alcohol…” She pulled herself to her slightly shaky feet and looked around at the expensive furniture and assorted knick-knacks. “Back at Wormwood’s mansion, eh?… Shit, what WERE Blondie an’ me doin’ last night…?”

Boom-Boom couldn’t recall; but she knew that her memories of the previous night must be stored in her banks somewhere. If Dorothy could be found, she could extract them, and turn off her simulated hangover as well. But if Boom-Boom couldn’t find Dorothy for the moment–or Mel, for that matter–she could at least find a can of beer. She pulled on a tank top and a pair of shorts and peeked out of the bedroom. The long corridor told her less than nothing. *There’d have to be servants and shit here, right?* she thought to herself. *Maids and sex slaves…*

There were other bedrooms at the end of the corridor, but they were unoccupied for the moment, so B-B walked downstairs to a large hall. “Mel.” The usually perky blonde lay inert, sprawled on a couch with no signs of breathing–a bad sign for anyone but a robot.

Boom-Boom reached for her friend’s neck, revealing a small emergency control panel, and tried to restart her. No sale. A small display said that Mel was at 0% power.

“Shit, girl, what you been doing?” Boom-Boom shook her head. “Gotta charge you up.” She looked around. Mel herself was dressed in a simple combination of pants and T-shirt; her purse, which might have contained a charger, was nowhere in sight. The windows alongside the couch, meanwhile, opened to a large, spacious garden with no signs of electronic equipment.

“Damn. I shoulda looked around with that Jessica girl, yesterday…” Boom-Boom winced as another simulated bout of headache washed over her. Glancing again at Mel, B-B realized that in theory, she could just turn herself off and wait for Dorothy to find her. At length, however, she decided that bearing with the hangover put her at less risk. It was wiser to keep alert and continue her active investigation of the premises.

The kitchen was just around the corner. B-B’s sleepy gait turned into a run as the thought of fresh water struck her. Her hangover subroutine, however silly as its existence may have been, could be treated much like a natural hangover in any flesh-and-blood person. In seconds, the tall woman was kneeling in front of the kitchen sink; pouring cold water over her magnificent afro, then drinking it copiously.

“Oh, God, yes…”

“Hard night, huh?” Dorothy’s voice rang from behind Boom-Boom’s back.

“Stop sneakin’ up on me!” a startled B-B demanded, whirling to face her. “Y’all got feet of flannel or something?”

“I live here,” Dorothy coldly replied. From a large refrigerator she took two cold cans of Red Bull. Then she turned to return Boom-Boom’s gaze, critically sizing her up. “A hungover android. I can’t decide whether this makes humanity look more flawed and lonely–or less, in this big cold universe. Here.” Dorothy gave the tall girl a can.

Boom-Boom chugged the Red Bull and waited for a moment. “Well, that did jack shit. I guess the simulation… don’t go that far.” She folded her arms and shivered. “I wanted to find you, homie,” she explained to Dorothy. “Can you… I dunno, make me un-hungover? Mel, too. An’ reset my memories so I know what happened last night?”

Dorothy sipped her drink slowly. “I guess I could. But if–” she paused to shake her head. “...if your hangover simulation is accurate, it’ll pass on its own. And I can tell you about last night myself. I kinda remember most of it. You and Miss Jackson came here to party at around 2 AM…”

“Coolness. Did we wake you?” B-B smiled in a surprisingly apologetic manner.

“I was still up working on Mistress Wormwood,” Dorothy answered with a grin. “You two came in a little tipsy, saying you wanted to–and I quote–‘tear the goddamn roof off,’ whatever that was supposed to mean.”

“Sounds like me,” B-B conceded. “I guess we fucked up. Roof’s still here.”

“Meh. You were pissed at your boyfriend. We mostly talked, and you danced for me while Melanie made out with Pennsylvania.” Pennsylvania was another android commissioned by Wormwood: a tall, catty girl designed to create social drama for Dorothy-as-sub. In practice, she tended to stay in her room, reading social media and complaining.

Boom-Boom tossed the can aside and glared sternly at Dorothy–as sternly as possible, anyway, given that she was still hungover and her hair was a dripping mess. “A: he’s never been my boyfriend,” B-B snapped, “and B: he’s not my boyfriend anymore. And also C: you were kinda in on this, right? You wanted to buy me off or something, right? You wanted me bossin’ you around? Well–fuck me, I guess you got it.”

“All Chad did was get in contact with me, and mention that… um, he was thinking of getting a new android. I talked him out of it, but yeah, he considered it.”

“This…” B-B rubbed her temples. “This is really a conversation I’d like to have when my head isn’t exploding. Do something, baby! NOW!”

Dorothy giggled. “Okay, since you’re asking so nicely… I’ll have to turn you off for a moment, though. I know the root password for your systems… Chad gave it to me to fix you.”

Boom-Boom nodded, her wet hair sticking to her temples and the back of her neck. “Awright. I got a goddamn robo-gnome with a jackhammer inside my head. Anything to get him OUT. If you humans did that to Skynet, no wonder it wanted to kill all of you… What are you laughin’ at, homie?”

Dorothy pulled out her smartphone and touched the base of Boom-Boom’s head. The tall African-American woman froze in place with an unsettling whooshing sound and began limply falling to the floor. “Dammit,” said Dorothy. She awkwardly grabbed ahold of B-B and sat her down in a chair alongside the kitchen counter–something like an enormous doll, though Boom-Boom generally seemed less doll-like to Dorothy than any robot she had known. Once the gynoid was stabilized and unlikely to fall, Dorothy triggered a password on her smartphone’s screen and connected a wire with a port in Boom-Boom’s control panel.

“Killing the hangover is just a matter of turning off subroutines.” Dorothy entered the outer core of what was, functionally, Boom-Boom’s essence–at least for the moment. The phone screen displayed lines of code; Dorothy parsed them out. But Dorothy left the inner core of Boom-Boom’s AI protocols alone. While Dorothy might feel no guilt at meddling in Wormwood’s thoughts–and indeed, often did so–the action was consensual in those cases. Dorothy felt wrong about altering the highly independent Boom-Boom the same way. She could have erased B-B’s memories of Chad’s alleged betrayal, or altered her emotional state, tweaking her attitude or her simulated hormones; but she didn’t dare.

That also meant, however, that Dorothy didn’t dare dig for Boom-Boom’s memories of the previous night. Without a more powerful mainframe, there was no way to pursue such a fishing expedition without risking inadvertent damage to her AI in the process. But perhaps Dorothy could jumpstart her memories a different way–by adjusting the sensors and regulators of Boom-Boom’s biological agent analysis. “Let’s try it out…”

“I…” Still vacant-eyed, Boom-Boom sat up straight in her chair and began to enunciate as her systems kicked in. “I like big butts and I cannot lie. Lie. Lie. Liiiiii– *snap!* I will crush you all!” She jerkily raised her left arm, then lowered it in fits and starts. “Diagnostics complete. I am Boom-Boom and I am a robot.” She slumped back into a listless position.

Dorothy gave a satisfied chuckle. She was used to such behavior–and, indeed, had actually seen it from Wormwood the previous morning. A look at the readings on the phone app told her all she needed to know. From here, bringing Boom-Boom back to normal was as simple as rebooting her. Before doing so, Dorothy looked her over and tried to maneuver her into a more stable position in the chair.

“Deep down you’re a good person, you know?” Dorothy said to the unconscious taller girl. “I wish I was more attracted to good people.” She bent over and gave Boom-Boom a gentle kiss on her luscious lips. “You can be better than Chad designed you… even if Chad isn’t really that bad.” Dorothy pushed the reboot button on the phone display, then pulled out the wire, closing Boom-Boom’s hidden control panel.

“Rebooting… Rebooting…” Boom-Boom shook as if overcome by sudden jolts. “Whoa. ...Shit, that was easy. Why don’t I feel relief? I mean, it’s cool that the hangover’s gone, but…”

“I just turned off the simulation. You don’t feel the effects of it ending.” Boom-Boom didn’t seem entirely convinced, but she rubbed her still-moist forehead approvingly. “Trust me, Boom,” Dorothy urged. “I’m a Caltech-trained engineer. And speaking of hangovers, I can’t remove my own condition that easily.” Dorothy yawned. Seeing that Boom-Boom looked concerned, Dorothy explained: “I’m not really hung over, just tired. I can rest up soon–I’ve just got to do a few more things for the grand high Madame Magdalene Wormwood…” She affected a jokingly pompous tone before adding “...to fix her, I mean.”

“Shit, girl, go nap for a while.” Boom-Boom gave Dorothy a sympathetic touch on the hand. Dorothy smiled back, almost gratefully.

“Actually, you and Melanie did a good deed last night,” Dorothy explained. “I needed something to take my mind off these repairs, so don’t worry about me–Mistress has gotten me into worse jams before. I just… want to see her walk and talk. And so does Jess. I’ll sleep later.”

Boom-Boom watched Dorothy stroll away, headed for her lab. “Bitch is weird,” Boom-Boom mused. “Cool, but weird.” After a pause, she realized: “Hey, I still don’t know what’s up with Chad.”

----

Mel opened her green eyes and stared at Boom-Boom’s angry face.

“Wake up, you blonde waste of power!”

“Hey!” Mel protested quite vociferously. “That’s not nice!” She straightened her long, blonde hair. “I… we’re, like, back in Wormwood’s castle! Oh em gee!”

“Mansion.” Boom-Boom corrected her friend. “An’ I wasn’t trying to be nice… shit! Don’t STAND, you airhead! You’re still plugged into that outlet–”

When Mel inevitably turned to look, her action pulled the wire out, and her system crashed instantly, causing her to fall to the floor with a thud. “Good thing you were built to work on a plane,” Boom-Boom sighed. “Y’all got extra thick skin in case of turbulence.” She pulled Mel closer to the outlet, propping her thin body against the wall.

“Hey!” Mel blinked. “I… we’re, like back in Wormwood’s mansion! Oh em gee!”

“Don’t move,” B-B warned Mel. “You’re running low on power, so you’re charging up. I just wanna–I dunno, TALK to you. Last night we kinda went crazy… you probably egged me on!” She pointed accusingly at Mel. “You goddamn little alcohobbit.”

Mel chuckled. “That’s not what you thought yesterday, boss! We totally had fun–that much I can remember.”

Boom-Boom sighed again. Compared to Mel’s problems, Boom-Boom’s major software imperfection–random loops and freezes–seemed completely innocuous. Mel had begun “life” as a stewardess for a Singaporean luxury airline. Alcohol flowed freely on the flights, reserved exclusively for the very rich; drunken sexual advances were commonly made toward flight attendants of both genders. To avoid scandals, then, the airline employed robot flight crew–such as “Melanie Jackson,” who was given the personality of a somewhat ditzy American valley girl. Mel’s defining glitch, congruent memory, was somewhat rare in AI development. When Mel ingested too much alcohol–something she was unhelpfully programmed to enjoy–her personality took over her active memory core: in short, a drunk Mel believed herself to be human.

As for how this affected today’s proceedings, Boom-Boom was not yet sure. Neither girl remembered much of the previous night; so at this point, Mel’s likely malfunctions could only be imagined. Nevertheless, if she had gotten drunk, she had mostly likely experienced another “human” episode. Boom-Boom wondered what it might have entailed.

She gazed crossly at her exuberant friend. “How come you’re such a goddamn chirpy squirrel, while Boom-Boom had the mother of all hangovers?”

“My head still kinda hurts, but I’ve been through worse,” Mel answered laughing. “I could use, like, a coffee or something.”

Boom-Boom realized that if she herself had indeed experienced a hangover, if was likely the first in her short life. Humans.

“Ain’t no boss brings coffee for her sidekick,” Boom-Boom leaned an arm on the wall and smiled toughly. Then she thoughtfully repeated: “...‘Ain’t no boss brings coffee for her sidekick.’ That kid Dorothy would probably appreciate that line. Whatcha think of her, Mel?”

“Dunno.” Mel turned slightly serious. “She’s kinda nice to us robots, I guess. And I totally bet she tosses her mistress’ salad. She’s, like, good at doing what she’s told?”

“A quality Boom-Boom can appreciate,” her boss agreed, affectionately tousling Mel’s hair. “Sorry for calling you names, girl. I guess we’ll have to deal with Wormwood, just as I expected.”

“Gonna kill her again, boss?” Mel smiled.

“You really do have a mean streak, you know?” Boom-Boom smirked. “Nah–I mean, it’s good to negotiate from a position of strength, but I told Chad that I could reason with her...” Boom-Boom paused again.

“Damn. And double damn.” Boom-Boom reached into her shorts pocket and pulled out an old-fashioned cell phone. She looked over its records of recent calls. “Well… apparently, I didn’t call him, nor did he call me. You know, when you’re drunk an’ you call your ex, or whatev–”

“I, like, totally DON’T know,” Mel replied, with a sassy roll of her eyes. “And–like, neither do you, except from TV? ’Cause you were just built a few weeks ago.” She smirked and stuck her tongue out at Boom-Boom.

The taller girl sighed. She was tempted to grab a couch pillow and smack Mel for her teasing; Mel was clearly trying to goad her into a playful tussle. But Boom-Boom couldn’t risk it–the action might disconnect Mel from the outlet again. And if nothing else, B-B needed her to grasp the seriousness of the situation. She remained quiet for a moment.

“So you and Chad didn’t talk. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” Mel inquired at length.

“Good, probably.” Boom-Boom scratched her still-moist head with the phone. “He’s… well, doin’ what he’s told. And hopefully he’s gonna do what I’m ABOUT to tell him.”

"Chad?..." she said hesitantly into the phone. "...No, don't 'sweetie' me. Like I said–back to square one. Except."

She shook her head, as if he were right there to see her mixed feelings. "Except... maybe we both got tests to take. You right... sometimes Boom-Boom is reckless. But I was right too: sometimes y'all are shallow. So we both need each other to move forward.”

She paused a moment. "An’ we need a clean playin’ field for that, Chad. Only–you gotta help me fix the crazy twist of fate that’s gonna make it happen."

Propman

Re: Rebooted: A Boom-Boom Joint (3/5)

Post by Propman » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:31 am

Someone once said that a hangover is a lesson, not a sickness. Boom-Boom, whose artificial hangover had vanished without a trace, was likely unable to take that lesson seriously. She lay comfortably spread out on a wooden lounger beside Wormwood’s pool, sipping a rum cocktail from a coconut shell and exposing her synthetic skin to the late-afternoon sun. Mel, still recovering from her own manufactured hangover, was sitting at the edge of the pool, singing quietly, her bare feet splashing in the water.

“You two are ridiculous,” Chad exclaimed, looking at his robot friends. “You don’t actually tan, you don’t need alcohol, you–”

“Gimme a break, assface.” With a scowl, Boom-Boom reluctantly set aside her drink. “I’ve been through a lot recently. I was stressed today. It’s ‘treat yourself’ time. Got it?”

“Not really?” a curious Chad half-spoke, half-asked. “But I guess a human would need some R&R too, so who am I–”

“I meant have you got my GUN, fool,” Boom-Boom chuckled. Chad nodded and passed Boom-Boom her Glock 34. She gracefully snatched it and effortlessly loaded it with one hand. With a grin, she aimed it straight at Chad. He smiled sheepishly.

“You’re right. I wouldn’t,” Boom-Boom said somewhat tenderly, lowering the weapon. “You should scram now, things might get hot.” She paused and added: “Well–hot for ME. See? B-B’s thinkin’ about your safety. You get out of here too, babe,” she told Mel.

“What will you be doing?” Chad asked curiously.

“Drinkin’,” she said, smiling smugly and raising her coconut. “Listen, don’t worry about–well, you SHOULD worry about me, but I’m not riskin’ much. At worst, Wormwood breaks me and kicks us out. I AM breakable, but bein’ a robot gives me an advantage. I can get over it. You can’t.”

“Do you think it’s likely? Your getting hurt, I mean,” Chad inquired. He was reassured to see Boom-Boom tempering her usual cockiness a little.

“Shit, homie, I’m just guessin’. Who am I, Spock? Fine–Boom-Boom calculates she got a 40.9% chance of NOT gettin’ her ass busted. I’ma be honest: you an’ Mel are probably gonna be okay unless shit goes really wrong.”

Somewhat calmed by Boom-Boom’s words, Chad grudgingly departed, Mel at his side. Boom-Boom remained seated on the lounger, sipping her drink as she watched the others disappear into the mansion. Then she checked her Glock, stretched her legs out again and donned a pair of sunglasses.

After a short while, a large shadow blocked the sun. Boom-Boom didn’t flinch, nor did she aim her Glock. Instead, she grinned coolly and rather deliberately set the weapon aside, as if making very clear that she had disarmed.

“Magdalene! Great to see ya up an’ running. You gotta try these drinks–this one’s a raspberry mojito! I thought it was a girly drink, but it’s really refreshin’, you know? Mel made it... I don’t think you’ve met Mel.”

“No.” The seven-foot-tall, platinum-blonde musclewoman coldly turned her head. “Last time you and I met, we fought to the death.”

“Yeah… water under the bridge. We cool?”

Wormwood put her hands on her hips. She was already dressed for battle, wearing a video-game-like fighting uniform consisting of little more than a few leather straps. “When a random robot bitch takes over your club, runs her protection racket in your territory, kills you, and then has the nerve to lie down in your backyard and act like it never happened…”

Boom-Boom put her hands behind her head, leaned back and kept grinning.

“Give me one reason why I shouldn’t smash you into a pile of useless electronics, you insane trollop,” Wormwood demanded.

“I can give you five reasons.” Boom-Boom put two fingers in her mouth. “Mmmmf.” Taking them out, she muttered, “The hell, I can’t whistle? Fuck, I probably need to shell out $4.99 for that feature. I have a tongue, lips...”

Wormwood raised an eyebrow.

“GUYS, CONSIDER YOURSELF ALARMED,” Boom-Boom called out, not losing her smug countenance. “CHANGE OF PLANS.” She delicately reached for her Glock.

“You know,” Wormwood said calmly, “this body won’t be stopped by a mere handgun.” She cracked her powerful-looking knuckles.

“Eh.” Boom-Boom murmured. “I thought I’d shoot you in the eye, weaken your depth perception an’ damage your head a little–then push you in the pool, counting on a serious short-circuit. That’d take you out, girl. Maybe even permanently.” She let out the whole plan in one breath, her smug mood unchanged.

Wormwood found herself a bit intimidated, but also a bit interested. “I have a backup copy of myself,” she muttered.

“A backup that ain’t you. The Magdalene I’m talking to will be pretty much dead. Also,” Boom-Boom added, “I see the quads have arrived.” Wormwood turned to see a crew of four identical bald muscular thugs hustling across the grounds toward them. She wasn’t sure what to make of the sight.

"Magdalene,” Boom-Boom nodded, “meet Ernie, Bert, Grover, and Elmo. They don't have much personality, but–eh, as a robot like them, I try to be an accommodating employer. I'm not against them havin' a personal life. Maybe some day one of them will befriend a sweet li’l kid an’ learn the true meaning of Christmas. But right now, my gang is mostly into delivering hurt. An’ not thinkin’ very hard.”

“If you want to kill me, bitch–DO IT!” Wormwood bared her white teeth and stepped back, assuming a fighting stance. “Woman vs. woman, gynoid vs. gynoid.”

“Mags... Can I call you Mags?”

“Not if you want to live.”

“So, Mags. If I wanted you dead, I’d steal your software from the lab, or sleep with your girlfriend and make her reprogram you, or tell Chad to sabotage you midway through bein’ fixed. No, Mags–the reason I have strategically planned this conversation, with guns and bodyguards an’ shit, is that even if I beat you once, I’m still scared as hell of you.”

Wormwood smiled with unexpected surprise and a little pride but did not relax her combat stance. “Go on,” she addressed Boom-Boom. “Talk. Maybe I’ll listen.”

“Well,” Boom-Boom reached for her coconut shell, “the way I see it is this. We’re both stone-cold sexy gynoids, good at bein’ bad. Kindred spirits.”

“Hah! You and I have nothing in common, Boom-Boom. ...Boom-Boom, what a ridiculous name.”

“Says the lady named after a BUSH,” Boom-Boom smirked.

“THE GREAT COMET WORMWOOD IS THE HARBINGER OF ARMAGEDDON!” Wormwood shouted. Boom-Boom guessed she must have heard her surname insulted a few times too many. Who knew; maybe Dorothy had picked that name for her specifically so she would have something to get mad about? Either way, for the moment this woman needed to calm down. Boom-Boom nodded at Elmo. The big guy put a hand on Wormwood’s shoulder.

“Relax, girl,” said Boom-Boom. “Neither of us chose these names. Well–I chose the names for the boys, but it took me a few days.”

“How… creative.” Wormwood mumbled. “I see you have ambitious taste in quality TV.”

Boom-Boom laughed. “Anyway, what I wanna say is that it’s in our interest as badasses to talk shit through. I mean, we COULD fight, right? Deal pain, get damaged, have our synthetic skin torn away... an’ be rebuilt again, and again and again, right? So, how about we just skip this boring bullshit, cut to the chase, an’ talk like the normal, civilized adult human beings we are.”

Wormwood relaxed a little bit. “I do enjoy dealing pain…” she began in a low voice.

“Yeah, yeah, I know. You’re a pansexual pervert robot dominatrix, an’ I respect that. But–Mags?” Boom-Boom for the first time sat upright on the lounger. “Don’t you think you’re also somethin’ more?” She passed the raspberry mojito to Wormwood.

“So, Boom-Boom,” Wormwood took the drink and sat down on a second lounger. It creaked a little under her weight. “What do you wish to say, in your uniquely polite manner?”

“Well, at first I was thinkin’ of a truce. But then I started thinking of how similar you an’ I are, and I thought about a fusion: of Wormwood Capital and Boom-Boom Ltd. To make it simple: the reason I kinda planned this conversation–had Chad bring the guys and my gat, set stuff up here at the pool, had Mel make good drinks, threatened you an’ royally pissed you off–is that I wanna work for you.”

Wormwood sipped her raspberry mojito and nodded. “An interesting idea.”

“I thought you’d do a spit-take!” Boom-Boom grinned. “Am I that predictable?”

“I can’t spit, like you can’t whistle,” Wormwood explained in a surprisingly polite tone. She swept her blonde hair off her forehead. “And I am, in fact, hugely relieved. I woke up about half an hour ago. My slaves brought me up to speed on you, and I thought you were going to throw me out of my own house. Maybe even–”

“What?”

Wormwood hesitated. “Maybe even replace me. My girls… love me. But as a robot, I am… expendable. It’s an alpha female thing.”

“Yeah.” Boom-Boom grinned. “But in this case, the alpha female decided she wants to let the beta live. It’s simple, Mags: you get to keep your toys, your money, your life. But I get a piece o’ the power, an’ the underworld influence, dig? We decide important shit together. We’re partners. But it’s Boom-Boom who gets the last word.”

Wormwood thought it over. “You know… flying solo nearly got me killed. By you. And ever since I switched to this more muscular body, certain old acquaintances HAVE become harder to work with. Maybe…”

“We’re gonna split any profits evenly,” Boom-Boom promised. “After you get me back the ten grand you owe me for moral losses an’ busting up my club.”

Wormwood was also programmed as a financial manager–which was how, with Dorothy’s programming and guidance, she had first undertaken to become a mob boss. “Fine. I can live with that.” Wormwood raised her drink. “To new partnership.”

“Yeah.”

“This is... really good. Do you want to lend me Mel so that she could give Pennsylvania the recipe?”

“We’ll see.” Boom-Boom waved her four bodyguards away from the scene. “Mags, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. ...Or maybe even more.” She eyed Wormwood’s perfectly sculpted abs.

Boom-Boom pulled out her phone and let out a sigh as she dialed. Then: “Chad, honey. Or whatever you are, yeah. Y’all come back–we got the place, an’ there’s some explainin’ to do. ...Again.”

As her creator-slash-boyfriend-slash-whatever walked onto the scene, still a little confused, Boom-Boom nodded gently and smiled coolly. She’d given enough. It was time to take the last word.

“Now, Chad–y’all are gonna see why copying my personality woulda been the biggest mistake ever. ‘Cause there’s only room in this town… for two of us.” She clapped a hand on Wormwood’s shoulder, firmly expressing the new union.

Then Boom-Boom broke into a warm grin. Chad was kind of cute when he was staring in disbelief. Talk about her surprising him every day.

australopith

Re: Rebooted: A Boom-Boom Joint (4/5)

Post by australopith » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:56 am

Anyone still reading? Prop and I have had so much fun with this... there's just the epilogue left to tie up a few loose ends.

While the story hasn't been as action-centric or sexy as some of our others, we've really enjoyed reestablishing these characters.

We've got a bunker-buster of a Contessa story up next–but B-B deserves your love! (And the fact that Mel's cheerfully pointing a pistol at me has absolutely nothing to do with that statement.)

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:44 am

Apologies for not posting sooner.....so far, I've loved every word of what I've read. 8)
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"

australopith

Post by australopith » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks so much! As the creator of B-B's alternate-universe equivalent–the awesome Brittney Delacroix–your word is much appreciated!

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:12 pm

I love it too D:
It is just that it is the middle of the week here in busy Battery town. And haven't found a moment to give proper love.

Propman

Post by Propman » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:20 am

Evening brought a slight chill to the air; for the first time that fall, Dorothy pushed a log into the mansion’s big fireplace and fussed to get it alight, squatting on the rug alongside.

“Hey, D,” Jessica strolled through the room and leaned on the couch, cheerfully calling out to Dorothy. “Making it warm so we can cuddle, huh?”

Fumbling with the log and a match, her friend didn’t seem to respond.

“Hey, rival,” Jessica tried again, this time flashing a mischievous grin. “I’ll beat you to Wormwood’s bedroom. She’s gonna spank the winner REAL bad. And the loser worse.” Jess exuberantly shook her fists in the air as if firing herself up to dash out of the room. She clearly hoped Dorothy would catch the spirit and follow. But Dorothy remained silent, or otherwise occupied with the fireplace.

“Hey, you can spank ME if you want. ...D?” A little concerned now, the robot ambled over to the young human programmer. “Okay, subroutine 8B99-2 says something's wrong.” She wrapped her arms consolingly around Dorothy and absently nuzzled her. “I’m just gonna keep doing this till you vent. I wouldn’t be your rival if I didn’t give a shit. D…?”

“It's–it's nothing, Jessica…” Dorothy hung her head.

“Uh-huh,” Jessica sighed. “And I'm a Dalek.” She held Dorothy silently for a moment, then gave her one more affectionate little squeeze. She didn’t expect the sadness until it poured out.

“It’s five years today since my fiancee dumped me, okay?” Dorothy frustratedly shook her head. “He–he got creeped out with how I spent all my spare time programming. ‘You're just getting weirder and weirder,’ he said. ‘And half the time you're going on about girls–’ I reminded him I was bi, but it didn't help. He was convinced I'd build a lover and leave him. So..."

"D?" Jessica was genuinely worried now. The flames, finally lit, slowly spread over the log.

"So HE left ME,” Dorothy continued. “...And so I built myself a lover. And my lover–well, that's how YOU got a job."

"D, move over." Jess gave Dorothy a comfy push, then plopped down on the rug beside her.

"Huh?" asked Dorothy.

"Something new,” Jess gently wrapped an arm around Dorothy and began to recline on the rug by the growing flame. “Let's just lie down in the warmth and not punish each other for awhile."

"Jess–don't kid me.”

"I'm not,” her red-haired friend replied. “Look–I'm telling my system that waiting on Wormwood's punishment is just a different kind of punishment. You know, self-deprivation. That keeps my subroutines satisfied. And then I can be normal when…” her voice broke in a most human manner. “When you need me to be normal."

Dorothy gave in and lay beside Jessica on the rug. "You're still sort of an extension of the lover I built,” she told her wistfully.

"Nobody's perfect, D,” Jess replied with a warm smirk.

"Yeah... I guess not,” grinned Dorothy. “I’m liking Boom-Boom even more than I thought I would, and that’s after she objected to being copied. And got her way on everything. And... is she moving in? I’m not even sure.”

“Gee, honey, our family’s growing,” Jess feigned the deep voice of an old-fashioned sitcom dad. “Gotta do something with those empty bedrooms… everyone already thinks they’re full of maids and sex slaves.”

“So they might as well be, is that it?” Dot laughed and drew closer. “Hey, rival…?”

"Yeah?"

"Want to make a mixtape?"

"Yeah,” said Jess. “But first we rest."

The fire crackled as the two held each other. -

And that's all she wrote. Thanks for your support, both spoken and unspoken.

While this story wasn't particularly full of action (in both meanings of the word), nor wild malfunctions, I still hope you, the readers enjoyed it. It was an opportunity for us to reboot our Boom-Boom, give her a robust supporting cast, and ready her for a multitude of new adventures.

Thanks to my friendship and collaboration with australopith (and other writers like Saya, DukeNukem2417, LongTimeLurker or artists like Battery) we have moved beyond fembot porn. We have some commercial plans for our stories and characters. In short, we want to show them to the wider audience (perhaps selling ebooks), but we'll definitely post more stories on the forums. Your support means a lot for us, and if you want to see something, we will definitely listen.

Boom-Boom has some adventures in the works, some in the US, but the adventure can take her to Mexico and elsewhere. Will she settle her boyfriend situation with Chad? Will a new fembot gangster appear to fill the void left by Boom-Boom's alliance with Wormwood? Will Mel's weird malfunction and memory issues resurface? And will Jess actually wear a dress for once?

And of course more adventures of Contessa will follow, including a whale of a tale titled "Sex and Violence", and at least two longer stories. After all, she is a part of a network of parks full of fantasy sleeper androids... it'd be a pity not to use them. And in the meantime, she will occasionally malfunction, tinker with her body... or baffle her friends and family.

australopith

Re: Rebooted: A Boom-Boom Joint (5/4+epilogue)

Post by australopith » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:36 am

Propman wrote:And in the meantime, she will occasionally malfunction, tinker with her body... or baffle her friends and family.
I'm baffled already, Prop! (-:

SO much fun telling these stories...!

zerodin

Post by zerodin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Well I wish you luck on your non-porn ventures, but porn is the main reason to come to FC.
Nothing good lasts forever I suppose.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Well at least to me it inspires porny things.
we need soft core time to time too...

australopith

Post by australopith » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:45 am

Well, the guys who are about to bring you a story called "Sex and Violence" can't NOT want to see some sexy stuff!
If these stories didn't "inspire porny thoughts" sometimes, we'd be failures. :cry:

But for me, to call any of the better stories here JUST porn is to be a little unfair to them–the best all feature tons of personailty, as well as technological oddity and interesting visions of the future (or of alternate worlds). "Porn" on a basic level is nothing more than showing sex–which any author could do, and which doesn't even need the great imagery and themes that so many here are adding.

That's why Prop and I hope we've gone beyond it–and why I think many of us ASFRers have, honestly. But it doesn't mean anyone's sensual scenes aren't good. At the bottom line, isn't a complex, more intricate character sexier, too?

It's why I'd rather imagine myself as a member of Brittney Delacroix's entourage, or a servant of Queen Elise, than just being Generic Lover A getting it on with Generic Lover B!

Propman

Post by Propman » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Absolutely, we want to write about complicated women who happen to be robots (and have a sex life) rather than sex robots. This fetish is interesting because it envelops lots of various themes. Some, like transformation or loss of free will, don't turn me on, and that's okay, there are many great writers whose work I enjoy (like Silkscreen's labor of love, or Robotman's opus magnum about Mike and Tammy's adventures) even though I don't get aroused by it.

I did not use the word 'porn' to imply that it's all about sex. Actually, I count over two dozen stories of australopith and mine on the wiki, and only a few of them involved hm... "penetration". In some, I played with sex, in some I wanted to simply show some relationships between humans and robots - and many stories that seemed well-liked by the readers involved little sex.

And anyway, thanks a lot for everyone who bothered to read this story and was not afraid to comment on it.