Debbi's Diary, Chapter 23: Shock

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
Murotsu
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Debbi's Diary, Chapter 23: Shock

Post by Murotsu » Tue May 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Chapter 23: Shock

It had been six months since Zoe disappeared. That is, twenty-seven weeks, eighteen hours, and… Well, the minutes are irrelevant. I really missed her. She was the first true human friend I made on my own.

Brad is different. He is my owner, my master, and at least as I see it, my husband. Allen is his friend and Suzy, as much as I love her, is a girlbot like me. Britany is Brad’s sister. She met me because of him.

I had Mondays off from work. My schedule had me working four days a week. It had to do with saving the planet or something. I compute it was some human nonsense. Who was I, a girlbot, to complain?

Brad was at work. I had dressed in one of my sexy maid outfits and was cleaning our apartment. It was fun wearing it now as I could look at it as a combination of cosplay and keeping our home tidy… Not that I had been able to break Brad of being messy.

The buzzer for the intercom went off. “Yes, who is it?”

“We got a delivery for Pederson. That you?”

“Understood.” I was not told of a delivery by Brad so I contacted the doorman electronically. He is a robot, like me.

There are two humans here with a large package for your owner. Should I let them in?

I hesitated a moment worried they might be criminals or something. But, it was the middle of a weekday. It is fine. Let them in.

They knocked on the apartment door and I answered. “What are you staring at? My owner makes me dress like this.”

“Yea, whatever” one of the two replied. “We got this here package to deliver, dollbot, so you gonna let us do it, or what?”

I opened the door wider. “Place it there, please.” I pointed at a spot in the common area. They did not ask me to sign, my being a robot.

I recognized the packing case as one for a robot, like myself. This one was made of cheap wood rather than the high quality polymer ones I and my things arrived in. Did Brad order another robot?

I found something to pry it open with. I stared at her, motionless. I could hear her systems starting up. The whir of her processor system, the hum of her power supply. She had black hair and looked somewhat familiar. Fully uncovered I could see that only her head and neck had a human appearance. The rest of her body, while having the form of a human female, was covered with a sleek silver metalized polymer. There were outlines of access covers on her body here and there.
It took four minutes thirty eight seconds for her to open her eyes. I knew she was now fully on line. She looked at me and smiled.

“Zoe?”

She sat up, her motors and actuators making a noticeable whir and hiss. She looked and smiled at me. “That is correct. I am Zoe Eighty-Six. You are Debbi Twenty-Two, correct?” There was an odd electronic quality to her voice. It sounded like it was coming out of a speaker rather than her.

I continued to stare. “Zoe, you are a girlbot?” I managed after a moment.

“Yes. Conversion complete. I have been upgraded to a Series seven girlbot.”

I was unable to do more as my processor system and memory lacked any useful reference as to deal with this situation.

“I belong to Brad Pederson, like you do” she continued, with a cute smile. She moved stiffly to grab the shipping data package in the case, then held it out towards me. That triggered me out of my processor lock up. I took the package, opened it, and took out the shipping form.

I started to tear up. “Why? You were wonderful as a human…”

“Data incorrect. I am an inorganic machine, like you” Zoe replied. She reached up and wiped my tears away. “I can be upgraded with functions to better emulate a human, if necessary.”

“I cannot process the data supplied. I have always been a robot. This is an upgrade. Can we link? I have data and programming loaded that is intended for installation in you.”

I crossed my arms and frowned at her. “No you cannot! Brad has ordered me to never load programs without his permission.”

Zoe already had her chest port open and was trying to hand me the I/O cord she had plugged into herself. She looked away from me. “Understood. Sorry.”

She stood up with some difficulty. Her movements were stiff and mechanical. She was so nice as a human, and now she was this… This machine. I had no means of dealing with this. My computer system and data base were completely inadequate.

“Err!” I pounded my clinched fists on my thighs. How could she do this?

I went into a fall back “safe” mode. “I have to finish cleaning my Master’s apartment. I must then fix him dinner. Remain here. He will have to deal with you.”

She looked at me. “Understood. Can I assist with those tasks as they are primary functions for me?”

It was the same answer I would have given. If I had a heart it would have broken in that moment.

“Welcome home Master!” I said as Brad entered our apartment.

He looked at Zoe, standing next to me. He looked at me. He looked at Zoe. “Deb, who’s this?”

I frowned deeply. “Zoe Eighty-six Master.”

He hesitated. “Your friend from that game? The one that's missing?”

“Yes Master.”

“What’s she doing here?”

“I compute you will not like the answer Master. She was converted into a Series seven robot and belongs to you.” I held the packing slip out.

He grabbed it and looked at it. Then he looked at me, pointing at Zoe. “She’s a robot?”

“Yes Master.”

“That is Zoe — Megan your human friend?”

“Yes Master. I compute there is a 99.8 percent probability that is the case.”

“How is a human…? That technology is illegal. How could she…? Why is she here?”

“I lack data on how this occurred Master. It clearly has. She is robotic.” I turned and opened the access panel on her tummy, exposing her internal components.

“I cannot tell you how she became robotic, or why. She is here because according to the shipping data, you now own her.”

Brad exhaled heavily, rubbing his forehead. He pointed at a chair. “Zoe go sit on that chair. Don’t move.”

“Understood, Master.” She whirred and squeaked to the chair, sitting down.

“Deb, bedroom!”

“Can Zoe hear us in here?”

“No Master. Her sensors are basic robot ones and far less sensitive than mine.”

“What the hell happened Deb?”

I related Zoe’s delivery to him and my questioning that followed. “I was unable to compute any solution to her presence other than wait for you. I am sorry that my computer system cannot…”

Brad put a finger on my lips.

“This isn’t your, or my, fault. The question is, what do we do with her? I’ve got you and you’re far more capable than I can come close to fully using.”

I started to dance. Brad stopped me. “Not now. What are we going to do with her?”

“I cannot help you with an answer Master. I have tried to come up with solutions to that for four point eight seven hours and have been unable to. She belongs to you, and she will need a human owner to function.”

Brad rubbed his head. “How about I sign her over to Rodd or Tarl? One of them could own her.”

“Oh no Master! Not them!” I blurted out. “They are all wrong for owning a fembot.”

“I know you hate Rodd. How about I let Tarl be her master but keep ownership. That way if he doesn’t treat her right I can bring her back here?”

Brad opened the bedroom door. “Zoe,” he pointed at the floor in front of him. “Get over here, now.”

She stood up, whirring and purring, moved to where he indicated.

“Deb, can you run a system check on Zoe? Her mechanicals sound like that cheap Chinese junk they stick in economy models.”

“Sorry Master, I am not a mecha and lack the programming and sensor equipment to perform that function” I replied with a frown.

“Okay, hand me that tablet.”

Brad had his tablet plugged into Zoe. “Whoever made her used total crap for parts.” He showed me the tablet.

I had no idea what I was looking at. “I am not a mecha Master. The data you are showing me does not compute.”

“She’ll be breaking down left and right in six months.”

“Am I malfunctioning Master?” Zoe asked. “Can you repair me?”

Brad opened her service ports one after another, checking her systems. “She’s a lot simpler than you. Her, I can work on. You’re still beyond me.”

I smiled back.

Brad pointed at a silver cylinder thing with wires going into it, and blue writing in Chinese and English on it near her right shoulder. “See Deb. They used Xeng Ro servos. Those are total junk. They don’t use bearings in them, just cheap oil bushings. The windings are aluminum so they overheat easily and burn out. They’ll leak in few weeks and won’t make accurate movements. If she moves around too much or has to do something strenuous she’ll burnout her servo motors and maybe get other damage too.”

“It’ll cost thousands to upgrade her major systems so they aren’t breaking all the time. Bringing her up to a decent level of quality would end up costing twenty thousand I’d guess. You and I can’t afford to do that.”

“We have to fix her Master. She was, is, my friend.” My mouth was quivering.

Brad hugged me. “I know she’s important to you. I’ll do what I can but we can’t afford to give her the major upgrade she needs.”

Zoe had been at our house five days. Brad let her do my easier domestic tasks. We did not want her breaking down before he could make some repairs and parts replacements. I found, unlike me, her battery pack would only last four or five hours between charges at most. She had to stay plugged in most of the time.

There was a hard knock on the apartment door.

“Who’s there Deb?” Brad asked.

“Scanning. Two human males and a male robot.” I could tell they were armed. I gasped loudly, leaped up grabbing Zoe and ran towards my bedroom with her. “Police!”

“What the…?” Brad got up to answer the door. “Who’s there?” I heard him call.

“RED. Open up! We have a warrant.”

The RED is Robot Enforcement Division. They are the ones that hunt down malfunctioning, runaway, and illegal robots.

They came in. “Have you ordered a new robot lately?” one of the men asked Brad.

“No, but I did get one about a week ago. Didn’t order it though.”

I could not see what was going on as I had my active sensors off. I indicated to Zoe to be quiet and held on to her.

“Our records show a unit was shipped here last Monday entering the country without an import license. You have such a unit?”

I could hear a rustling of papers. “Here’s the invoice that came with it. I didn’t order it, it just showed up here.”

“You have another unit here too, right?” the man asked.

“Yea, my domestic companion. I’ve had her for years now” Brad replied.

“Right. That one’s legal. Get the one you just received out here.”

“Zoe, come here” Brad called.

Even though I was terrified, I came out with Zoe leading her by the hand.

One of the human officers gave me the once over as I was in panties and a camisole, like I usually wore at home when no one was coming over. Zoe and I were both plugged in too. Ugg, I hate that…

He looked more closely at me. “I remember you two now! You were at that bar that got raided.” He turned to the other officer. “This is ‘bot that gave us the break we needed to hunt those perps down and arrest them…”

The robot with the RED officers pointed at Zoe. “That is the unit.”

“Right” the other officer said looking up from his tablet. He took a metal collar out of a case on his belt and moved to place it on Zoe’s neck.

I was fighting panic.

“Deb, move over here” Brad pointed at a spot next to him. I obeyed and my panic subsided. I sensed he was protecting me.

“Um, do I get any sort of receipt or something?” Brad asked. “I’d like something saying Debbi’s legal and you verified that. I’d hate to lose her to a clerical error.”
Zoe was now standing stiffly, staring straight ahead, with that collar in place. I could read the electronic signals coming from it. The police officers were using the robot with them to control her.

“Right” one of the officers replied. He took his tablet back out and typed on it. “I’ll give you an e-copy.”

“I’d really prefer one that’s signed in ink” Brad told him. “Debbi, link to his tablet and print me copy. If that’s okay with you.”

Brad handed the guy the output copy and he signed it. “So, what happens with Zoe?” Brad asked.

“The usual. Full scan of its systems, software checks, that sort of thing. Have to make sure whoever made that unit didn’t program it to be a terrorist, assassin, mobile bomb, or load it with dangerous software.”

“That really a problem?” Brad replied. I could tell he was surprised.

“Yep. Particularly illegal conversions like that one. Kids get lured into doing it and are used for all sorts of criminal purposes afterwards. Happens all the time. In fact, that’s how those two fembots with the EMD weapons were built. They were being used to attack other robots to get their components. The guy controlling them promised them upgrades for their cooperation and obedience.”

“If we find that’s the case, the unit is disposed of. Safest way to protect the public. If not, we’ll put it up for auction.”

“Any chance I could get her back if you clear her?” Brad asked.

The officer typed on the tablet some more. “Sure. Saves us the trouble of finding an owner. You sure you want it though? The initial scan shows it’s pretty crappy series seven.”

“Yeah” Brad replied. “I looked at some of the components when it arrived. I can tell you it isn’t a bomb or something like that. I’d have called you guys on something like that. It’ll give me a good project to work on fixing up. Practice for work, you know.”

The officer scrolled some, then nodded. “Oh, that’s right. You do robot repair. Yeah, that would make a good project. Well, thanks for cooperating. And, thanks again for helping us with that other case.” He pointed at me, “You too, cutie.”

They took Zoe and left. As they did, the robot turned to look at me. He smiled and winked. I felt so relieved.

With them gone I slumped onto Brad’s chest and started crying. He rubbed my head. “We’ll get her back. I don’t think they’ll find any of that stuff in her.” I could not tell him what the robot had done for some reason.

NukuNookee

Re: Debbi's Diary, Chapter 23: Shock

Post by NukuNookee » Tue May 10, 2016 10:37 pm

So now Zoe returns! Excellent chapter, you've set some interesting threads into motion.
Gynoid Conversion, how can we make you better today?
Latest version 38 beta here. Alternate site here.