Debbi's Diary Chapter 10: My first job

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
Murotsu
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Debbi's Diary Chapter 10: My first job

Post by Murotsu » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Chapter 10: My first job

Brad came home and I greeted him as usual, but he seemed depressed.

“What is wrong Master?” I asked.

“I’m being laid off in three weeks” he replied. “We’ll have to move if I can’t find another job.”

“Can I find a job?” I asked. “I could help pay for things.”

He patted my shoulder. “Thanks Deb, but I don’t know. I’d be worried someone might find out about your special attributes.”

“Can I help you find another job?”

“Of course. But it might not be that easy. Guys who write code aren’t in demand anymore. Companies are using robots and computers to do it now.”

“What guys are in demand?” I replied. “I am a robot. Is there a job I can do to generate income for you?”

“I don’t think so. It’s too dangerous to let you work full time somewhere. You could slip up too easily. We’d both be in danger if you did.”

Allen came by the next evening with Suzy. When I came into the common area, she was hugging him.

He looked at me. “Brad home, Deb?”

I shook my head. “No, he is out right now. Can I help you?”

“No” he replied. “I came by to tell him I’m getting laid off too. Being a junior engineer on staff they decided to let a bunch of us go.”

Over the next few days I brought up getting a job with Brad repeatedly.

“Fine” he finally said. “You can get a job but only if it’s one that doesn’t require you to do something that might reveal your unique qualities.” Then he got right in my face. “Am I making myself clear here Debbi? You can’t take a job that will cause you to show emotion or requires you to use more than typical robot abilities. Do you understand?”

I frowned back. “Understood, master. I have to hide the things you like best about me completely.”

He hugged me. “That’s my girl. Did you have a job in mind?”

“Yes,” I giggled. I connected a tablet to an I/O port and showed him the screen. “This one. I would be a secretary. It is a common job for girlbots, and I would not have to interact with humans on a personal level. If you apply, you can lease me to this company for a forty hour week. I would make seventy one percent of what you currently earn.”

“That much?” Brad replied, with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes master. Unlike a human, I am not subject to wage and benefit laws. I am leased as office machinery, being robotic.” I looked at the floor, not Brad saying that.

He took my chin in his hand and raised my head to look in my eyes. “I can’t fix how humanity treats you Deb. I don’t see you that way, and you know it. I’m really glad you’re trying so hard to help. I really do love you for that.”

Brad filled out a lease application for me. It was less than forty eight hours later that he got a response that the company would lease me.

“Okay Deb, you got hired… Well, leased as a secretary. I have to bring you in for a systems check and let the company verify your programming before you start. We’re doing that Monday.”

I started to dance around in little circles. “This is so great! I can hardly wait!”

Brad face palmed himself. “Deb, what did I tell you about reacting emotionally and without thinking?”

I stopped. “Sorry Master, it will not happen again.” I could not look at him and felt awful.

The company had Brad fill out a bunch of forms and paperwork for the lease. While he did they took me and hooked me up to a stand-alone computer and monitor.

A technician went over my programming and software to verify I could function as a secretary.

I took precautions to ensure that he could not access more of my software than necessary. I was very worried he might discover I had tons of unique programming. I also walled off most of my memory and processor capacity so his readouts showed I was a typical Series nine fembot with no special abilities. Doing all that was a chore.

“This one’s a good find” the technician said. “It’s more than capable of being an office worker.”

I wanted so bad to slap him silly.

The company representative appeared pleased to hear that. “If you’ll sign here, here, and here Mister Pederson we can finalize the lease. Your fembot can start next Tuesday.”

Brad leased me to ADL Engineering, a big corporation, as a secretary. They could not get enough high quality robot workers.

My first day was rough. I had not been out of the apartment that much and had interacted with humans even less.

I chose to wear a colorful sheath dress and low heels to work. “You look very business-like in that outfit” Brad told me that morning. That brought on my little praise dance.

“You need to avoid doing that while you’re out Deb.”

I nodded. “Yes Master. I know.”

“Remember, stick close to other women and try to find a seat on the subway. You know which stops to get on and off at right?”

“Yes Master. I have the route loaded into my navigation system. I will be very careful to not let anyone touch me inappropriately” I replied.

“No emotions or acting on your own. You need to be robotic the whole time” he told me next. That filled me with worry. I had to fight any process that might activate my emotions… I had to!

The subway ride was a pleasurable experience for me. Going down the stairs into the station made my big boobs feel so good from the feedback I got. The vibration of the train did the same thing and not just with my boobs.

My navigation system worked perfectly. I do not use GPS but rather a visual comparison using pictures of things along my route to determine my way. Brad helped me go over the route on-line beforehand. I was so thankful he did. It made finding my way easy.

A security officer as I came out of the station stopped me to check my movement pass. He appeared to be checking every robot’s so I was not too annoyed by it.

At work I told my supervisor, a human female named Jan, I was fully programmed for office work and would only need direction as to what functions I was to perform when she questioned me. She seemed happy with me and that made me feel good even if I could not show it.

After the first few weeks I noticed that some of the male humans had nicknamed me “Three D,” or “Double D Debbi,” while several of the females called me “Boobzilla” when they thought I was not listening. Some of them also tried to mess with us, the robots. I found it hard to suppress my anger at being insulted and bullied, but I knew if I went off on them I would be taken away from Brad and scrapped. Processing that scared me silly.

I had to make sure many of my advanced features, like my blink and breathing functions, remained off all the time at work. I had to move with an obvious mechanicalness. I also had a problem with using the bathroom. Occasionally it is necessary for me to discharge water accumulated from operation. I do this like a human female would. I was the only girlbot I knew of at the company that needed to do this, so I had to time my bathroom breaks where none of the humans would know I was doing it. I was not sure if it would be an issue that could get me in trouble, but I knew that it would attract attention.

I did find ways to get some payback. I could be as tediously repetitive as I wished. That annoyed my human bullies, and delighted me, to no end. I tried not to be that way with those who treated me nicely.

Another was to act precisely as instructed. I gave those same people who were at least neutral to me, if not kind, more leeway. That did not always work though. Sometimes a human would instruct me to do something they though was a sort of punishment. I turned that into an excuse to not do actual work and when questioned about my activity I would say “So-and-so ordered me to perform this function…” That would get whoever was messing with me in trouble. My data files always trumped human excuses. It seemed the management believed robots were incapable of lying. Advantage Debbi!

I quickly learned that the humans did not know or recognize that I could interact with the electronics in the office. It was something the other robots had limited ability to do so I computed that they saw my ability to do this as equal to the others.

I had been there for ten weeks, three days. I noticed one of the human men had left me almost completely alone the whole time. He always seemed harried and overworked. The other human workers did not socialize much with him either. I could see similarities to my Brad and to Allen in him. That made me take an interest in his situation.

His job was scheduling large complex projects the company was doing. Diving his computer files I found the data he was using was frequently outdated. This was due to others not making it available in a timely fashion. The result was his calculated schedule was rarely right and corrections were often made later than necessary. It was something I knew I could fix. Robots, like me, excel at math!

Doing that involved some risk, but it was minor so I went ahead with my plan. I identified those whose input was required regularly and installed spyware on their individual accounts to immediately forward information he required. I then made modifications to his scheduling software to automatically adjust things from that information.

It did not take long for him to start performing his job far better. His appearance and demeanor improved. A week later I passed him in a hallway and looked directly at him. He looked back for the first time and smiled at me. I had to fight down my reaction.

Four weeks later he was notified he was being terminated for installing spyware on the company computer system. When I heard of this I became so depressed. I wanted so badly to cry and tell him I did it. But, I knew I could not. That would definitely get me scrapped.

That evening I told Brad. “Master, I tried to help one of the workers where I am employed, but ended up getting him terminated.” I started crying.

Brad’s eyes got big and he stared at me. “What did you do?” He was shouting at me.

I could not look at him. “I noticed his co-workers were not giving him information they had on the computer system quickly enough. Because of that he was unable to do his job properly. He was very unhappy and often got yelled at for this even though it was not his fault.”

My voice lowered to a whisper. “I installed spyware programs that fixed the problem, then adjusted some of the program algorithms to make it more efficient. That made it possible for him to do his job properly.”

I quickly added, “For three weeks, until someone found those changes, he was very happy and was doing his job much better. My changes made him and the company efficient.”

Brad tilted his head down and continued to stare at me. “Does anyone there suspect you did this?”

“No Master.”

“You’re sure?”

“Yes, Master. Certain of it. I did not disobey you.”

He patted his lap and smiled at me. I moved to sit on it. He hugged me tight. “You tried to do the right thing. You must feel terrible about getting him fired. From now on you need to talk to me first before you go and do something like that. There’s more involved than simple efficiency.”

“I will Master, I promise.”

“Deb, you’re far more capable than any other robot I’ve ever heard of, but you’re still a robot. That means when it comes to interacting with humans you need to ask before you go and do things. Understood?”

That horrible feeling I got when I was being scolded washed over me. “Understood Master. I am so sorry. I will not do it again.”

It only got worse. With him gone, the company had to find a replacement for his position. Instead of removing the software I installed they started making use of it. Then they called Brad in for a meeting. I was allowed to attend too, because Brad asked them to let me be there.

“We’d like to negotiate a new lease for your Series Nine” one of the company’s higher management guys started. “We want to assign new work to it.”

What they wanted was for me to do the planning job the man I got fired did! I have never felt more awful than at that moment. Not only was it my fault he was fired, but now I was to take his job because I excelled at math.

It seems with the software I created it was now possible for a robot to do what had become a job requiring considerable memory and math skills, something a Series Ten like myself was perfectly suited to. Brad agreed to a new lease at double my current rate. That did not make me feel better though.