Some Questions for other writers...

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
D

Post by D » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:37 pm

I guess I'll group them too.

Definitely not important:
1. A gynoid is your property.
2. A gynoid will do anything you want.
3. A gynoid is always loyal to you.
6. A gynoid can be controlled.
12. If a gynoid "dies" it can be replaced by a backup copy.
13. A gynoid can be turned off.
16. A gynoid's appearance can be altered to suit your whim.
17. A gynoid always is pleased with your performance in bed.
18. A gynoid is often so pleased she short-circuits, "proving" your sexual skills.
20. You can have 2 gynoids.
21. A gynoid can assume any form that turns you on, some of which may be embarrassing, impractical, or even illegal.
25. Gynoids live to please.
26. Gynoids can serve as maids.
27. A gynoid is often dependent on you.

Important:
4. A gynoid is always beautiful.
5. A gynoid doesn't get old, keeping a young appearance.
11. If a gynoid does malfunction, it can be repaired to perfection.
14. A gynoid can do anything in bed.
15. A gynoid is usually not jealous of your independence, or outside social contacts (friends, late night parties, etc.)
19. Gynoids are not very self-conscious or easily embarrassed about clothing choices (or lack of clothing)
28. A gynoid usually behaves rationally, and predictably.

In short, I like independent-minded girls. My fetish spin on that is independent-minded robot girls, and I know that realistically speaking there can be no such thing as an independent minded robot but this is only a fantasy.

For me, the turn on lies in the fact that the girl is actually an android -- I like self-repair scenes, assembly/dismantling scenes, open panels, etc -- but besides being an android she has to be the kind of girl I like.

Derek

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: Why gynoids anyway?

Post by dale coba » Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:05 pm

andoroido wrote:This topic might lead to a discussion of the roots of this fetish.
Why a gynoid is ideal...
(snip) - I'd appreciate every feature in your list.
andoroido wrote:Not all of these are important to me, but I often think of this kind of list as far as figuring out the psychological origin of this fetish,
I'm favorable to the notion that there may be physiological realities of our bodies and their biochemistry, which dispose us to such a relatively uncommon fascination. It's not as if most viewers reacted nearly as strongly as we did to these videos. Something about our nervous systems, that like should seek out like. A certain tension accompanying moments of sexual expression, adrenaline along with the rush of testosterone. I'm sure such a drive could take on other fetishes which also changed the status of a woman to something expressly non-human.:wink:

As a point of interest, my father, uncle, and grandfather on my father's side are all gay, though I am not (nttawwt). Rather, I'm a technosexual, which I feel is also a significant deviation from the heterosexual "norm" of male attraction. Either way, some alternate geneotypes are swimming around in our family pool.
andoroido wrote:and what it means as far as finding the best woman for me, or any of us, in the real world.
I would think, the best would be either a woman with much ego strength. A woman could be confident enough to be able to give through her play-acting, without feeling demeaned by the need to meet the terms of the fetish. With a woman of little ego strength, I dare say taking on such a role could eat into her self image over time. That's what seemed to happen in my case, once, years ago. :cry:
andoroido wrote:Sifting fantasy from reality. Figuring out what is REALLY important, and what is just an idle fantasy.
:idea: If we have concrete themes to suggest, our partners may better inhabit their roles, and learn of the pleasure they can contribute and control by working within the genre -as it works between film and stage actors and directors.
andoroido wrote:Any thoughts?
Did I leave anything out?
I would suggest that, for me, an important :!: component of the fetish is the gynoid's attempt to project the manner and appearance of a human female - and that, in private company at least, her performance will break down, ultimately, obviously flawed. Because to demonstrate artificiality is to let slip the truth that a primary function of this female object is sexual :oops:. Her unbounded appetite for sex is blended with her identity as a machine, as the ideas are linked for me. The climax of the encounter is accompanied by conflicts in her attempt to maintain her own belief that she is human. Once she is stuck in repetitious actions, phrases, or twitching :roll:, it may be because she observes her own paradoxical nature, and uses up all her processing capability attempting to maintain contradictory self-images. Her appearance and her true nature represent a paradox, and the more obvious this paradox gets, the harder it becomes for her to continue functioning. Hence the tendency to fixate and hang on the simple truth, "Oh, my - it appears that I am a robot...a robot..." etc. I like to imagine their CPUs become over-driven to the point of exhaustion and collapse. Kirk knew how to trap a computer in such paralyzing loops.

Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Otaru Mamiya
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Otaru Mamiya » Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:57 pm

This seems to be a long list that everyone has their opinion for. I guess I should put mine.

1. A gynoid is your property.

She may act independantly but she is still technically a machine. It helps if she wants to stay with me but she's still my property. It doesn't mean that I'll treat her like a tool or a toy though.

2. A gynoid will do anything you want.

Obviously there should be limits (or at least warnings) for when I order a gynoid to do something obviously dangerous. I don't want her to stupidly walk into a situation where she may be destroyed.

3. A gynoid is always loyal to you.

Blind loyalty would be bad. Again, I don't want her to follow my commands to a fault.

4. A gynoid is always beautiful.

^_^;; Well an ugly gynoid wouldn't be very marketable. I suppose there could be some plain-looking ones or custom models.

5. A gynoid doesn't get old, keeping a young appearance.

This is kind of a given since a robot would be unable to replicate the human aging process without a massive redesign or a new body for each age period.

6. A gynoid can be controlled.

There should be some element of control. Perhaps indirect control. Give her the intelligence to make her own decisions as long as they don't conflict with yours.

7. A gynoid is a "low maintenance" companion (as far as flowers, etc.)

The fact that you own her and you keep her in good condition should be enough. Occasional maintenance (of a mechanical nature) could be a good way to bond with her.

8. A gynoid can't have babies.

Almost a given. Aside from the lack of egg cells, a signifigant amount of the gynoid's body would have to be devoted to creating and nurturing a fetus, then there would have to be an exit passage large enough to put a human baby through. That doesn't mean that she can't be programmed to care for a child though.

9. A gynoid probably won't have sexually tranmitted diseases.

She won't display any symptoms but that doesn't mean that she can't be a carrier. Without proper cleaning, who knows what kind of virii could be growing in her vaginal module.

10. A gynoid doesn't get sick.

Unless we're talking about a computer virus or a malfunction, no. Besides, what kind of symptoms would a gynoid exhibit anyway?

11. If a gynoid does malfunction, it can be repaired to perfection.

What was built by human hands can be rebuilt by human hands. Software problems would be another story though. She should be as repairable as a car or a computer.

12. If a gynoid "dies" it can be replaced by a backup copy.

If her memories and programming were written once (for her to use) then they can be written again (in a backup copy) and again (from a backup copy back into her mind). Neural connections would be almost impossible to replicate but bit-for-bit data would be as easy as copying files.

13. A gynoid can be turned off.

Please save all data to a file before turning the power off. Active thoughts (like RAM in a computer) would be erased when the power is cut but backups (like an internal hard disk) can store data without having the power on.

14. A gynoid can do anything in bed.

Anything realistic. She may be flexable but she will still have her physical limitations.

15. A gynoid is usually not jealous of your independence, or outside social contacts (friends, late night parties, etc.)

Depends on how intelligent she is. She may make friends of her own and I wouldn't object to her being seen in public as long as she's not stolen or misused by a stranger.

16. A gynoid's appearance can be altered to suit your whim.

Only as she's being built. Changing hair color or "inflate-o-boobs" would be just plain strange.

17. A gynoid always is pleased with your performance in bed.

If you're pleased, she's pleased.

18. A gynoid is often so pleased she short-circuits, "proving" your sexual skills.

I don't think we should take it to quite THAT extreme. As far as I'm concerned, it just proves that she needs a memory or processor upgrade to handle the sensations.

19. Gynoids are not very self-conscious or easily embarrassed about clothing choices (or lack of clothing)

The self-consiousness would have to be programmed in but it would be awkward for an owner to have a naked girl go out to get the paper in the morning. I suppose that that particular program could be deactivated when we're home and alone.

20. You can have 2 gynoids.

Why not? Could get expensive though.

21. A gynoid can assume any form that turns you on, some of which may be embarrassing, impractical, or even illegal.

She should be designed to do that in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't have bought her in the first place. Let's keep her with a practical and legal design though.

22. A gynoid can be made to look like the girl you were always too shy to ask out.

This could be awkward and probably insulting if the girl and the gynoid ever met. ^^; See "Boku no Marie" (english title: "Metal Angel Marie") for an example.

23. A gynoid doesn't need to be asked out (first contact is often by some kind of accident in the stories here)

She may choose to ask you out (if her owner permits it) or she may be built specifically for you (like in Gorgo's The Club series)

24. A gynoid always has a nice personality, or no personality... but never a "bitchy" personality.

Who would want to buy a bitch robot? Of course, if she's programmed to act realistically, then she may show some bitchy personality traits (not without provokation, of course)

25. Gynoids live to please.

Depends on the complexity of her programming. I suppose that people are programmed to want to please too.

26. Gynoids can serve as maids.

Probably as well as any human could. I don't see why they couldn't (especially if their mind is basic enough to follow orders).

27. A gynoid is often dependent on you.

That would depend on how smart she's programmed to be. Her creators will probably want something to keep her from running away (thus, her owner would lose his investment) but she shouldn't be 100% independant. There should be things that she'd need outside help to take care of (such as body maintainence). Since encounters could happen by accident, it wouldn't have to be her owner who takes care of those things though.

28. A gynoid usually behaves rationally, and predictably.

Predictably would be boring after awhile. She should behave in an appropriate way and be able to make rational decisions (after all, logic would be the foundation of her programming) but there should be variation to keep her interesting.

29. Gynoids don't play mind games.

*LOL* Humans shouldn't play mind games either. If she's smart enough to anticipate my needs or wants and to trick me into fulfulling them then that's good.

30. Gynoids make the ultimate "damsel in distress" for some.

Hehe. I'm a sucker for malfunctioning scenes. Even more so for conversations during repair and maintainence sessions.
"Don't sweat the petty things... don't pet the sweaty things..."

andoroido

Cool

Post by andoroido » Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:11 am

This is the kind of discussion I was hoping for.

A reminder that I'm not a big fan of even half of the things on that 30 item list I made.

Personally the no mind games and damsel in distress things are cool for me.

Another idea or two came up.

31. If a gynoid will commit to you, then you will probably commit yourself to her. Men (usually nice guys) seeking bilateral commitment in these days of 50% divorce rates.
32. Gynoids don't sue for alimony money. ;)

Look forward to more comments!

Andoroido

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Re: Cool

Post by ehy » Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:31 am

andoroido wrote:31. If a gynoid will commit to you, then you will probably commit yourself to her.
Hmm. I think that touches on a core principle that really is at the heart of the all of the eight principles on Andoroido's list that I felt were important, though I'd never thought to phrase it this way:

An android does not choose whether or not to commit to you.

She is programmed to be committed to her owner and his desires, and that's that. She doesn't choose her owner; a person buys or builds her and that person IS her owner. She may be programmed to like him, or she may be programmed with a personality that may like or dislike him depending on their compatibility (as a real woman might). She may not be independent enough to have an opinion about him, or being owned by him. She could even be programmed to dislike him, and resent his power over her, if that's what he wanted. But where committment is concerned, her feelings (if any) don't matter - she is committed to her owner, period, and remains until he deliberately changes it. Even if he neglects her, or uses her inefficiently, or treats her in ways she doesn't like, she is still his property and cannot choose to be otherwise.

Thanks, andoroido!

But I notice you haven't answered your own question... which of those principles are important to you?

EHY

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:38 pm

in writing

31. If a gynoid will commit to you, then you will probably commit yourself to her.

The "if" was more of a logical "if", rather than a hypothetical "if"..
of course a gynoid, once she chooses a companion (if she can choose)
seems to commit herself, and the men in the stories want that commitment.

Maybe another list item

0. A gynoid will not have any of the flaws or problems that any women in previous or current relationships have disappointed you with. A gynoid is perfect, in every way that is important to the "owner". Finding the perfect woman is not really a fetish, and the search for a gynoid is just a logical/imaginative solution to this universal desire.

Andoroido

SNJ-14
Identification: Android

Sci-fi

Post by SNJ-14 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:01 am

I'm guessing that when people say 'A gynoid could not rebel aganist her owner', etc., they're talking about their version of an ideal gynoid. I think it's important to remember that, given that intelligent machines don't exist (so far as we know? ^_-) this is all of course speculative. It could be that in the future, robots use humans as an owned under-class of chattels. I'm not entirely sure why I felt obligated to make this post, but I just think it's worth noting that when we're dealing with pure science fiction, any and all setups are 'possible' - intelligent or non-intelligence, dominating or submissive, flawless or frequently malfunctioning, etc.

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Re: Sci-fi

Post by ehy » Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:48 pm

[quote="SNJ-14"]I'm guessing that when people say 'A gynoid could not rebel aganist her owner', etc., they're talking about their version of an ideal gynoid. I think it's important to remember that, given that intelligent machines don't exist (so far as we know? ^_-) this is all of course speculative. It could be that in the future, robots use humans as an owned under-class of chattels. I'm not entirely sure why I felt obligated to make this post, but I just think it's worth noting that when we're dealing with pure science fiction, any and all setups are 'possible' - intelligent or non-intelligence, dominating or submissive, flawless or frequently malfunctioning, etc.[/quote]

Of course. But I like to think in terms not only of "possible" futures, but likely ones. It seems to me that any humans who built robots would would work hard to ensure that the robots remained controllable and controlled. Someone might build a robot that wasn't, but I can't imagine the rest of humanity allowing that to be the norm. It simply doesn't seem to me to be the way human beings do things. That, to me, makes it seem implausible.

(Of course, if I'd been alive in, say, 1968, and read a story where America basically gives up the space program, I'd have said that was implausible too. So go figure.)

EHY