James Cameron set to do Battle Angel Alita (Gunm)

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Rotwang

James Cameron set to do Battle Angel Alita (Gunm)

Post by Rotwang » Sun May 11, 2003 3:33 pm

I've heard several rumors (AICN) that Cameron is finally getting off his ass and getting to work on Alita. Apparently he'll also be making his movies in 3D from now on ... so the results could be quite impressive.

htb21

Post by htb21 » Sun May 11, 2003 10:01 pm

Any Cameron Movie will be worth seeing!

but i agree on the reserving judgement, these things never seem to come out as you would expect........... Here's to hopeing!

Rotwang

Post by Rotwang » Mon May 12, 2003 4:03 am

Kishin wrote:I get nervous everytime a director decides to do a live action version of a Japanese Manga inspired film.

Probably comes from that time they made a movie out of my all time 100% favorite manga "Hokuto No Ken" (The Fist Of The North Star).

I'll reserve judgement on this one til it releases, only because it's Cameron and I know he's got the megabucks and production staff to make this something worth seeing.
That version was a low-budget C-movie, at least Cameron would mean extra production value and make it look less corny than Fist did.

Nerfherder
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by Nerfherder » Mon May 12, 2003 6:31 am

Yeah, but I'm telling you now...The second Gally shouts "I'm king of the world!", I'll kill him!
'We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive...."' - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Rotwang

Post by Rotwang » Mon May 12, 2003 1:20 pm

Nerfherder wrote:Yeah, but I'm telling you now...The second Gally shouts "I'm king of the world!", I'll kill him!
You'll have to get in line then, I got first dibs to blowtorch his private parts if that happens ...

Did you know that the people who did the FX work on "The Abyss" showed up at work one day wearing T-Shirts marked "You can't scare me, I worked for James Cameron."
Cameron appeared on set the next day wearing a shirt "You can't scare me, I AM James Cameron."

Nerfherder

Post by Nerfherder » Mon May 12, 2003 8:00 pm

Rotwang wrote:Cameron appeared on set the next day wearing a shirt "You can't scare me, I AM James Cameron."
Does anyone else hear that music in the background?

Der-Der-Der-Dum-Dee-Daa-Dum-Dee-Daa (Imperial march, if anyone's guessing!)
'We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive...."' - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

tinyspider

Post by tinyspider » Tue May 13, 2003 9:13 am

The only thing i could hope is that will not be like "titanic", i apologize everyone who likes it, but for me that was "the worst movie ever made in the human history" ha ha ha!

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Tue May 13, 2003 2:34 pm

Oh, I dunno...I can think of worse movies.

Does Independence Day ring a bell?

When "Titanic" came to my town (serious as a heart attack, folks), I drove by the theater, rolled down my window, and shouted:

"DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! THE SHIP SINKS!!!!!"

And quickly drove away before anyone could get my license plate #...

:twisted:
C'mon over & check out my other webpage:

The First Church Of Buster

And, the homepage:

Mythbusters Fan Club.com

Mooninite 1

Post by Mooninite 1 » Tue May 13, 2003 3:14 pm

Ugh, if I hear someone use that "you already know the ending" joke for Titanic ONE MORE TIME, I swear I'm gonna staple Celine Dion's lips shut. Oh heck, I'll do that anyway. :lol:

tinyspider

Post by tinyspider » Tue May 13, 2003 3:50 pm

kb7rky wrote:Oh, I dunno...I can think of worse movies.

Does Independence Day ring a bell?

When "Titanic" came to my town (serious as a heart attack, folks), I drove by the theater, rolled down my window, and shouted:

"DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! THE SHIP SINKS!!!!!"

And quickly drove away before anyone could get my license plate #...

:twisted:
ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
I live 3000 miles away form most of you people, and that's why I never heard that joke!!!
ha ha ha ha ha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and BTW, maybe you're right buddy, Independence day hurts my little pocket a lot. Ok, no more jokes , I'm getting outta topic, so check this link to a yahoo group wich have 5 clips from Dr Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/robotfeti ... e%20Files/
just in case some of you haven't heard of it....

Nerfherder

Post by Nerfherder » Tue May 13, 2003 5:56 pm

Regg_Dogg wrote:Ugh, if I hear someone use that "you already know the ending" joke for Titanic ONE MORE TIME, I swear I'm gonna staple Celine Dion's lips shut. Oh heck, I'll do that anyway. :lol:
NEIGH!!

WHINNEY!!

Other horse-related noises!!!

Easy Celine! See what you've done Regg? You've got her all spooked! Now say your sorry and that there's no such thing as a glue factory.

:wink: