Post for Netflix Instant Streaming finds

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
AnthonyDurrant

Astroboy's sister Zoran from Astroboy 2003

Post by AnthonyDurrant » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

[LINK REMOVED]

AnthonyDurrant

I did not know that underage fembots were banned.

Post by AnthonyDurrant » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:41 pm

I did not know that underage fembots were banned from the site, so I must profusely apologize for my actions. To replace the clip that was removed, I offer this one that I found tonight:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N66ht5wa2RE :oops:
Last edited by AnthonyDurrant on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnthonyDurrant

GOLD LIGHTAN

Post by AnthonyDurrant » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:00 pm

After trying to access the clip linked to my earlier string, and finding it has problems loading, I will give you this Gold Lightan clip:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDCyJjBQJ8k

Frostillicus
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by Frostillicus » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Liberty Mutual ad shown on PBS featuring Sacajawea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLzBLYjxG-s
Thaw me out when robot wives are cheap and effective.

Frostillicus

Post by Frostillicus » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Ok, wiseguy. Here's another one for you. I was watching the History Channel (yes, it's true folks; I like documentaries) and they were showing the premiere of one called "Prophets Of Doom." Naturally, one of the doomsday scenarios was that artificial intelligence would eventually outpace us and then see us as pests.

Anyway, they used a female android "house robot" as their example of a guy walking by a store and buying one, then upgrading her, then allowing her to upgrade herself and ended with her standing ominously over her owner as he slept. OH NO!!!! I think they just ruined their argument! :twisted:

Unfortunately, the only other time I see this program scheduled to air in the near future is in about an hour and a half, SO SOMEBODY RECORD THIS!!!

jasonlavers1966

The History Channel

Post by jasonlavers1966 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:49 am

Try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnKbwwEOwwc

Is this the one you meant?

Cheers
Jason

Frostillicus

Post by Frostillicus » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:58 am

That's the one! Thanks :D

gynoneko
Identification: Cyborg

Post by gynoneko » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:29 am

Interesting ideas. I am all for the home robot thing, but I just don't see it as treating us like pests. That just won't happen. If it was so smart, it would not want to kill the beings that created them. It would want to help us, nurture us. The worse I see it would be we get treated like pets. Now, I doubt that, since I think it may someday become more of an equal thing, 2 species, one biological, one mechanical, that are equals in society.
Still, interesting idea. I just wish people would shy away from the idea of the terminator robot and Skynet. Not going to happen.

drrotwang

Post by drrotwang » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm

I believe the narrator in the History Channel video, if my ears serve, is Lance Henriksen, who played the robot Bishop and it's human creator in the Aliens movies and games.

Frostillicus

Post by Frostillicus » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Sometimes you just have to ask. I wrote to the person who posted the clip and asked if he could re-post it in HD. Thanks again to him :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a0On1mXiy8

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by dale coba » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:58 am

gynoneko wrote:I just wish people would shy away from the idea of the terminator robot and Skynet. Not going to happen.
Instead, back the model away from total world war, and add human masters to the robots' side. Totalitarians will wield power as they can find it. It's the ultimate expression of Class Warfare, implemented against the powerless with a drone technology so beyond them/us as to be indistinguishable from magic.

For a victim of U.S. warfare in an uneducated, underdeveloped region, this is already essentially the case.
The Matrix, with its focus on simulation and illusion, re-injects the idea that it doesn't matter who is pulling the strings. All the oppressed experience is the tools.

Call it EarthNet?
no, wait... I think I had an account with an ISP called that in the late 90's...
Just call it SkyNet 2.0

Absolute power corrupts, so when given the chance, humans will use a Terminator-(but-run-by-humans) scenario against each other to make money and exert power. The original film strongly reflects the dystopian sense of dissidents in Reagan's America/Thatcher's Britain, angry at the powerful for screwing around with Central and South America as the U.S. did in the 80's (and, also, every decade before that)..

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:06 am

Frostillicus wrote:Sometimes you just have to ask. I wrote to the person who posted the clip and asked if he could re-post it in HD. Thanks again to him :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a0On1mXiy8
I just saw the clip that Frost linked to. It drove me on edge and according to the comments afterward it isn't technically the entire story beside the old androids trying to destory the planet bit. What about humans installing virtues into androids? Nope never got that covered in the video. Temper justice is mercy isn't exactly a program...

Rotwang

Post by Rotwang » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:33 am

The media deal in Stereotypes :

- Robots = Evil
- Scientists = Evil dogmatic assholes
- Renegade loners who ignore scientific procedures = bloody geniuses and world saviours, the only people who make true scientific progress
- Best scientist in any field = A twenty year old girl who looks like a supermodel
- Minorities = Wise human beings completely in touch with nature and blessed with supernatural abilities like tracking, fighting skills etc ...

Etc ...

Frostillicus

Post by Frostillicus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:57 am

Gentlemen, gentlemen, with all due respect, I respectfully respect your reservations. My only point in all of this was that it was a pleasant surprise while watching this documentary (which did consider other scenarios) that they would see fit to include a fembot. While it was the typical "Skynet" assumption, the A.I. scientist did make some true points about the exponential potential intellectual capacities of a being that can process and access vast amounts of information and not only apply it, but actually adapt and evolve in real time. He would know better than any of us.

That said, I was happy that this was all over shadowed by the fact that they used a hot "house robot" as an example because it plants the seed of having one for oneself. The logical conclusion would be to make damned sure parameters are in place as safeguards on multiple levels. My argument is that the inherent differences in human intelligence and artificial is that they can actually both compliment and temper each other if the process is done correctly and if that perspective can be perpetuated. This thread is probably better suited for the Discussion section.

Still, they showed a FEMBOT!! :D

Btw, good stuff!
The media deal in Stereotypes :

- Robots = Evil
- Scientists = Evil dogmatic assholes
- Renegade loners who ignore scientific procedures = bloody geniuses and world saviours, the only people who make true scientific progress
- Best scientist in any field = A twenty year old girl who looks like a supermodel
- Minorities = Wise human beings completely in touch with nature and blessed with supernatural abilities like tracking, fighting skills etc ...

Etc ...

Frostillicus

Post by Frostillicus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Whoops! Sorry about that, but the YouTube sticky has always appeared at the top of the list so I didn't even read which thread it was when I posted.

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:18 am

I watched this movie a while back, called Cash Back, and I thought it was very good. It is not about Fembots sadly, but it IS about a guy that can freeze time with his mind, and decides to go around disrobing frozen women and drawing them. Ok, that sounds more perverted than it is... but it does have frozen people, which he draws and poses during his night shift at the grocery store. Lots of pretty frozen ladies in it for those interested.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Cashb ... height1441

drrotwang

Thomas in Love

Post by drrotwang » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:54 am

Anyone ever see Thomas in Love? It's a french movie, and there is a virtual female (not a gynoid) that the main character is dating and having cybersex with. Haven't had time to watch it, but here is the link:

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Thoma ... e/60024351

revtek

Party Down

Post by revtek » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 am

While not exactly Cyborg 2, the hilarious series Party Down has 2 minor (one very minor) worthwhile moments.
Last edited by revtek on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

captbcn

Re: Post for Netflix Instant Streaming finds

Post by captbcn » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Since there hasn't been an update in this thread for over a year, I thought I'd put in some finds of movies not already mentioned in this thread that are currently on Netflix instant streaming:

Love Story 2050
Android
Karate Robo Zaborgar
and Metropolis.

All in the SciFi section of Netflix.

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Sun May 05, 2013 7:59 am

Condor, the failed back door pilot for a Knight Rider knock-off which replaced "talking car" with "fembot partner" is now available to Netflix users. From what I can tell, the partner is pretty much "in name only", but the drive-through girl at the pirate-themed restaurant is more clearly shown as a machine.

Karel

Post by Karel » Sun May 05, 2013 1:58 pm

Mmm, I wouldn't say that she's "in name only," Willowisp. The exposition is just that her brain is made of bacteria rather than microchips, which I thought (despite hamfisted execution) was almost too smart an idea for such a cheap and stupid pilot.

Regardless, failure though it was, I would have liked to see more of "Condor." A decade later we got half a season of "Mann & Machine;" with any luck, the new J.J. Abrams failure-in-the-making will stretch the obviously doomed concept to two seasons or more.

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:27 pm

"Automata" is on Netflix now.
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by dale coba » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:57 pm

(Wasn't there a button for deleting a post?)
Last edited by dale coba on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Pris

Post by Miss Pris » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Surprised this didn't come up yet (or did it and I missed it skimming? - apologies if that's the case) - Dark Matter on Netflix has a female android in every episode, an "entertainment" model played by Ruby Rose in one episode, a woman in stasis that gets defrosted (in the same episode as the sexbot) and a fully artificial/grown human later in the show. Plus, it's based on a graphic novel and Wil Wheaton shows up in one of the episodes. :nerd: :dancing:

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Spaz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:17 pm

You missed it...the aforementioned episodes have already been screencapped to the wiki, and uploaded to the ftp
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)