FILM > CQ - a nice surprise

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
noidguy
Retired staff member

FILM > CQ - a nice surprise

Post by noidguy » Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:10 pm

Went to Blockbuster last night. Rented Kung Pow and some other quirky sounding film. Kung Pow made me laugh ("That's a lot of nuts!!"), but quirky film made my day! It involves a sexy female superspy and science fiction, so I had to rent it. I won't tell you what the nice surprise is but because I'm even mentioning it you can probably guess. :wink:

The film is called "CQ" and stars Angela Lindvall. Vidcaps soon!

Baron

Re: Nice surprise

Post by Baron » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:20 pm

noidguy wrote:Went to Blockbuster last night. Rented Kung Pow and some other quirky sounding film. Kung Pow made me laugh ("That's a lot of nuts!!"), but quirky film made my day! It involves a sexy female superspy and science fiction, so I had to rent it. I won't tell you what the nice surprise is but because I'm even mentioning it you can probably guess. :wink:

The film is called "CQ" and stars Angela Lindvall. Vidcaps soon!
Video, or DVD? Looked at the DVD here at Hollywood Video, but passed..................... :roll: Will rectify tomorrow!

Nice babe on the cover.....................
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:09 pm

:shock: WOW!!! The first confirmed gynoid sighting in a while! And in Congressional Quarterly, no less! Looks like I need to hit the video store :wink:

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:13 pm

I rented the video originally and went back tonight for the DVD, hoping to find some extra features. The DVD has lots of extras, but nothing relating to the robot scene.

It is a very brief scene, btw. The initial surprise of seeing it was the real appeal. Now that I think back on it, it isn't all that spectacular. But hey, how can a fembot supermodel be a bad thing? :wink:

SPOILER - Highlight the text below for a brief description of the scene.

Lead character (sexy superspy) gets shot and lies there on the floor with her eyes open. The "real" her comes over to the body, flips her over and pulls away the leather from her back revealing a circular recess filled with metal gizmos. You also hear a very distorted voice and static as she is turned over.

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:17 pm

Okay, Noid, you've teased us long enough...

Caps, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssseeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the latest SciFi Wire has a poll about T3.

Check it out http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/poll.html here
C'mon over & check out my other webpage:

The First Church Of Buster

And, the homepage:

Mythbusters Fan Club.com

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:53 pm

I posted in the updates section that I added 63 captures from CQ into my surveillance system and got a question which I thought best to be placed in this thread.
keraptis wrote:Can you tell me what "CQ" is? I've never heard of it, and the IMDB description is a bit thin, but that girl is beautiful.
The movie is the story of a young film maker in Paris during 69/70. He is working on a personal film project at home, documenting his life and his girlfriend, and also working on a sci-fi film called Codename: Dragonfly. The line between reality and the world of Dragonfly begin to blur as things at home start to fall apart and the pressure to find a good ending for Codename: Dragonfly builds.

Codename: Dragonfly, a film within the film, is where we get our girlbot and what all my screen captures are from. It is a blend of Barbarella and Danger: Diabolik!, with lots of style and old school charm. If you have a DVD player I recommend renting the DVD as it gives you the option to watch Codename: Dragonfly in full, otherwise you view it spliced through the actual film and not shown in it's entirety.

I hope this helps :)