2050 Movie

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)

2050 Movie

Postby RobotMaster » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:45 pm

Last edited by RobotMaster on Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatarKishin
Fembot Central Staff

Re: 2050 Movie

Postby Kishin » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:43 pm

I'm hoping for good things, but I imagine the budget is pretty tiny. :faceoff:
"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today. But the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." - Isaac Asimov

Re: 2050 Movie

Postby Svengli » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:01 pm

No matter how promising, this stuff is nearly always disappointing. That said, this appears amazing.

It's about sexbot in particular,
There's no apparent moralizing.
The actresses are extremely hot.
There's no indication of the usual of the "wait, they will get free will and rebel!" trope or any of the usual let-down tropes.

But then again, I don't need open panels, malfunctions or overt robotic behavior.

Edit: This review, visible only in webcache, gives an overall run-down of the movie. The conflict in the movie seems to be "will the man become emotionally stunted" or something. Which is just the premise I'd like. If the only conflict is "can handle an honest-to-god working sexbot", well, I'm willing to suffer and try.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hejKUYEFWcIJ:sonic-cinema.com/movie/2050/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=ubuntu

Return to Reports