Quantic Dream's "Kara" returns in "Detroit"

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Re: Quantic Dream's "Kara" returns in "Detroit"

Postby Robotman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Spaz wrote:Not familiar with the game, but from what I see in it's Wikipedia page, yes.

Heavy Rain was a very successful PS3 game by Quantic Dream, and while they had a lot of media attention, they produced the Kara demo which later developed into Detroit: Become Human.

And just for shits and giggles, there's this glitch.

Postby Saya » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:57 am

Seeing as it is David Cage, I predict the following based on experiences with his prior games* :

- An absolutely gonzo, nonsense plot.

- Railroading you into plot decisions.

- Absolutely random out-of-nowhere love angles where the main (presumably male) character hooks up with the most prominent (and sexiest) female character out of nowhere, or despite dickery on one or the other's side.

- Random scenario in which central female character is molested/borderline raped, with ultimately very little bearing on the plot. Potential pointless nude scene.

- Casual racism, or a complete misunderstanding of a culture, presumably Native American.

- Plot points ripped-off wholesale from popular film or comic book franchises.

- Multiple characters and a slick interface.

My plot prediction: Main android character hooks up with Kara after knowing each other for a whole three minutes, despite being ordered to destroy her, after rescuing her from being duct-taped to the ceiling of an old motel room by a gang of rogue African-American troubadours, only to discover their closest friend was in fact the killer, who has been possessed by the wandering spirit of Dennis Rodman, who was cursed to unlife after being buried on ground sacred to Detroit's Inuit population.

( *each one of these points have appeared in at least two of David Cage's games since Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy )
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:33 am

Lol, this is sort of what I fear it might end up being, though I'm still holding out hope that there will be open world elements, and that the PC version will have some interesting mods.

Postby Spaz » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:30 pm

“Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness” - Karen Nave

Check out my stories: http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz#My_stories

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles - Season Two (In Development)

Postby --Battery-- » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:33 pm

Saya wrote:Seeing as it is David Cage, I predict the following based on experiences with his prior games* :

- An absolutely gonzo, nonsense plot.

- Railroading you into plot decisions.

- Absolutely random out-of-nowhere love angles where the main (presumably male) character hooks up with the most prominent (and sexiest) female character out of nowhere, or despite dickery on one or the other's side.

- Random scenario in which central female character is molested/borderline raped, with ultimately very little bearing on the plot. Potential pointless nude scene.

- Casual racism, or a complete misunderstanding of a culture, presumably Native American.

- Plot points ripped-off wholesale from popular film or comic book franchises.

- Multiple characters and a slick interface.

My plot prediction: Main android character hooks up with Kara after knowing each other for a whole three minutes, despite being ordered to destroy her, after rescuing her from being duct-taped to the ceiling of an old motel room by a gang of rogue African-American troubadours, only to discover their closest friend was in fact the killer, who has been possessed by the wandering spirit of Dennis Rodman, who was cursed to unlife after being buried on ground sacred to Detroit's Inuit population.

( *each one of these points have appeared in at least two of David Cage's games since Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy )

Dennis Rodman

Postby Brytestar » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:30 am

I didn't see a release date and two what's this about a PC version????
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:57 am

No release date has been announced yet, and a PC version is pure speculation and wishful thinking on my part. :D

Postby Erntoron » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls were Playstation exclusive, I don't think they will release it for PC unfortunately. :(
We are ahead of our time, I tell ya! :mrgreen:

Postby Spaz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Just watched the Sony E3 2017 Press Conference...the game still doesn't even have a release window.

The latest trailer had no major ASFR content.
“Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness” - Karen Nave

Check out my stories: http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz#My_stories

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles - Season Two (In Development)

Postby TheShoveller » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:32 pm

We were actually talking about it on Nathan / Tek's stream when we saw it. Kinda disappointing that the first two trailers showed a game where you might have had brief moments of action but it was mostly drama (a fembot trying to blend in with humans, and a robot cop trying to save human lives as well as robot ones,) and this third trailer basically falls into the "robot uprising" trope that Hollywood seems to have a hard-on for.

There was a really nice scene of a "robot store," though, for what it's worth.

PreviousNext

Return to Reports