AMC's "Humans"

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
N6688
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Re: AMC's "Humans"

Post by N6688 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:32 pm

lol
i just found a tec support line for persona synthetics.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Persona-Synthetics
realy interesting.
"Robot wives have needs, too"
Goku, Dragonball fighterZ 2017

Kano

Post by Kano » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:42 am

NatalieBayer
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built

Post by NatalieBayer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:50 pm

Kishin, your outrage is well placed...WTF...i wanna see robot heads!
Want a story commission? Send me a DM, a PM, an Owl, a Discord, Smoke signal, parchment wrapped to an arrow, or just a good old fashioned email.

Kano

Post by Kano » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:14 pm

gyn2010

Post by gyn2010 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:24 pm

First we have an interesting promo. Then again in the trailer same old story. Diagnostic and repair by talking or some headphones glued to the forehead. :(

blond111

Post by blond111 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:52 am

What would make this show better is if the synthetics were once humans converted into robots. With Katherine Parkinson being converted. Sigh.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:45 am

blond111 wrote:What would make this show better is if the synthetics were once humans converted into robots. With Katherine Parkinson being converted. Sigh.
What a wonderful idea that would be. If they need any humans...? :wink:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

gyn2010

Post by gyn2010 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:23 am

Karel

Post by Karel » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:13 am

Edit: I've now watched the entirety of the 2nd season of "Humans", skimmed through the remainder of the 2nd season of "Real Humans", and then also revisited the first seasons of both series. Having done so, I now wish to retract the negative comments previously written here.

On objectively revisiting both series I am forced to conclude that the Swedish series exceeded the British in only two narrow aspects: surprise and shock value. Knowing the story in advance, these were obviously absent for me on watching the British series. I also regarded the British series as "conceptually weak" because the robots were "too human": I associated the fact that the Swedish hubots were more unpredictable and displayed more disturbing behaviour with greater "realism".

In retrospect, however, this "realism" seems just as fake, and came at the cost of having any relatable (or even identifiable) synthetic characters. All of the synthetic characters on the AMC show are sympathetic, even likeable, and have clear character traits and motivations. The same cannot be said of any of the hubots in "Real Humans", or even (in my opinion) any of the human characters.

Nearly all of the human characters in the AMC series were better written and more interesting. The acting was better. The makeup was technically worse, but far more appealing from an ASFR perspective. Now that I've finished the 2nd season of the AMC series I have to say that its presented some of the most stunningly beautiful android characters I've ever seen in any medium and some of my new all-time favorite, "realism" be damned. So I take back everything bad I said about it, and highly recommend it.

I only realized that the 2nd season of "Humans" was fully aired when I saw the image uploads to the FTP today, and there were so many photos that I actually felt compelled to go back and watch the show, something I thought I'd have little interest in doing after the disappointment of the first season. Was there any discussion on it that I missed somewhere else? The 2nd season is definitely an improvement.