"Sex Robot" on Discovery Health

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Delosian

Post by Delosian » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Ok, so I just "liked" the Discovery Health page with all of the hateful comments so I could comment. Take a look. I just told people the same things I listed here but I did it in such a way to keep my "Delosian" identity a secret. Now, let's see what happens. Not trying to cause trouble or a fight but I am trying to get people to understand a little better through discussion. There's enough hate in the world... let's try mutual understanding.

Delosian

gmiceo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by gmiceo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:45 am

Here's the first five minutes just do you can see a little of what was done. At least Robotman can hear himself.

http://health.discovery.com/videos/sex- ... robot.html

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:20 pm

It's on YouTube now. Let the commentary begin!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=607W84ldvvI

mariahbot81
Identification: Android

Post by mariahbot81 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:49 pm

I find the hater's comments interesting. I see us as ahead of the curve, we may be frowned upon now, but with technology advancing at such a fast rate everyone else will get on board.
Unit is ready to serve.

MMCYB

Post by MMCYB » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:32 am

Hello from Macmil cybernetics this is Scott so sorry about grammer.

In comunications with Europe and seems atitudes are different there about our endever. We are going to be iterviewed by folks from across the pond. We have been asked by several to travel with robots and are in comunications to board planes with them. Buying a ticket and getting on a plain is a bit much. The airline is okay with it but it seems homeland security is not. When you get your fembot hopfuly I will have made plane travel a bit simpler by then. The talks over a plane ride have been funny.Wish you all could see atitudes change when they realize I am serius hahaha.

Also want to say we will be coming out with adult video VERY soon to show ease of use/wieght/ect. The video is a girl with Harry Harddrive.

We where in talks with True companion and they have stopped. Want to say Doug seems very nice but found him tampering with things and toying with me on our website. We will now be breaking down this media curtain that was created about true companion. This is bussines and he is in the way.

Would say that we turned down finacial backing to talk with doug and can not do that anymore. We now have backing and it is such a relief. I dont now if he uderstands my situation but it is not a joke and I have wasted months running around a bush with him.

To the man who sugested our teaming with doug I will say we tride but want say to you beware of any dealings with him . It was a good idea but as I told you bussines is tuff going.

I do want to say good luck to doug but also say we are coming and and this is not Blowing smoke as he would say.

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:01 am

I'm glad to hear that attitudes are more open in Europe and that they are showing a real interest in this. Hopefully even more exposure will lead to more backers and more R&D and eventually fembots! I didn't know that you were even considering a team-up with True Companion because both of your approaches are so completely different. At least this confirms that one should be wary of any serious business dealings.

I wish the best of luck to you. The more exposure this gets the more people will get use to the idea. Thanks for the update and let us know how it goes! 8)

MMCYB

Post by MMCYB » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:28 am

Spoke with the airlines and the transportation security administration and it seems that at this point in time robots and androids will not be flying anywhere in the near future. The airlines really don't have a problem, but it seems terrorists have messed it up with the security people.

On a lighter note, Harry has been invited to an adult toy party, which is apparantly hosted by women. We will let you know what we get for feedback.

Delosian

Post by Delosian » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Wow, Scott. Sorry to hear about Doug and you but glad you have backing. Yeah, the terrorists fucked up everything for everyone. Glad to see you continuing on. You can email me if you want. I'm curious as to what happened (from your side). Have a great day, Scott. Hope you aren't too mad at me.

MMCYB

Post by MMCYB » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:36 pm

To Delosian
Please dont take my statments rong I do think the world of you and still say good idea. It all will work out in the end to those who are sincere. Do not apalogize for a good idea and dont be afraid to think another. I do need to speek with you . Will be in touch .

gmiceo

Post by gmiceo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:27 am

I thought that new Doug robot video looked a lot more like sex robot action than anything else. I feel sorry for anyone that gets into some sort of business with True Companion at this point. All of the things we have seen and heard from him so far are not what this community is looking for. Maybe in the future he will create something fantastic and be up front, but for now it seems the character of the man is lacking.

MMCYB can't the robots be taken across the ocean by ship? I would think that it would be far easier that way.

RM I feel for you. So many minutes edited into a 2 minute sound byte. It had to be disapointing.

Delosian I have been hearing from people in Europe and Asia and it's not even a big deal. They don't care as long as you keep it to yourself and you're not hurting anyone. The only thing that I have heard so far is that they believe they can make better ones. :)

Deep Blue

Post by Deep Blue » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 am

Good! FC get on the screen :)

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Update/Reminder for U.K. Premiere:
http://www.dmax.co.uk/blog/posts/78-my- ... 7-nov-10pm

Enjoy!

wolfblade

Post by wolfblade » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:51 am

gmiceo

Post by gmiceo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Here's an ouch. Chelsea Lately doing a routine on the Sex Robot show featuring some members. :( Sorry it's painful and I warned you.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfi63i ... -love_news

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:46 am

The irony is that her routine actually just shows insecurity. Sure she calls us losers, but she even said that women would still have to compete with robots and what does that make them when they lose to one? Also, by having a parody, it only gives the idea more exposure and actually warms people up to it when they don't take it as seriously. I'm not worried, and I have more to worry about since my face is also out there now.

Here's one of the very few positive reviews I saw. What I appreciate about this as well is that this thoughtful review shows the difference in classiness and intelligence than the average hate-filled rants:
http://macaulay.cuny.edu/eportfolios/he ... hives/5222

So at least we are in better company. :wink:

Thanks for the post, gmiceo!

gynoneko
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Cyborg

Post by gynoneko » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:07 am

I'm not offended by it. It just seems sad they feel they have to pick on others to be funny.
But the fact is, she isn't that funny, and nothing she is talking about applies to me anyways, and I'm sure many of you as well.

I don't want to have sex with a moving sex doll. ASFR is a fantasy more than anything else for me. Besides, I probably could have come up with better jokes than those, but that is subjective so who knows.
Oh, and my wife doesn't think I'm a loser.

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:02 am

Delosian wrote:I'm just waiting for my Inbox to overflow with hatemail and derrogatory comments.
Umm... You are the man on that show?

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:04 am

Why don't they display anything that is Code Author's? Those look more real. hehe

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Hey, thanks for the props, Kishin! I'm not upset by this. Comedy is comedy and they have to find targets. Hell, I enjoy seeing the roasts on Comedy Central and most stand-up comedy is always poking fun at something. At least Chelsea has a sense of humor that involves more than female issues unlike lots of women I know. And I'm sure some dude in the audience probably secretly nodded in approval when I admitted to having sex with a realdoll! Also, they led the audience to believe the doll was a robot ;)

In this case (as with most criticisms) it could tend to backfire because instead of guilting us or shaming us into self-doubt and second guessing ourselves, these people only end up proving Delosian's points. By showing how intolerant and criticizing (and petty) they can be, they don't show human interaction as being all that great! Please don't get me wrong. People have their positive qualities as well and definitely keep things "interesting" but drama and closed minds aren't very appealing. :wink:

Delosian

Post by Delosian » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Overall, and especially after reading the comments on the UK Sun page, I really do not give two shits what the rest of the world thinks of us. Keizo and I appeared on the show because we WANTED to. Nobody forced us and nobody made us say anything. We gave our opinions and feelings on this topic because we were asked for it. Chelsea Handler is a comedian. Thats what she does and she gets paid well for it. So, she's made fun of Angelina Jolie, Pam Anderson, Hasselhoff, Mel Gibson...and Keizo and I. Pretty good company if you ask me. I didn't see the video because I got a 403 error. Honestly, I don't care about what the "uninitiated" have to say. I really don't. Their hostility comes from their inability to understand that the concept of a sexbot/fembot has been a staple of science fiction since before the genre existed. I actually hope one of these dipshits comes up to me and says "Hey, you're that one guy from the Sexbots show! You're a weird freak who can't get a real girl!" Then I'll say "Nice to meet you. Thanks for watching and, oh, have you met my kids? Kinda blows your whole theory out of the water, huh?" BTW, there's more to the story than what you saw but keep your narrowmindedness for the sake of your career. So to those of you people who may be reading this that thinks we're losers who can't pull women...FUCK YOU!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Delosian

ShiroChan

Re: "Sex Robot" on Discovery Health

Post by ShiroChan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:22 pm

This documentary and a fetish accepting boyfriend were the catalyst for me to admit my technosexuality. It was a great program and anyone who thought they were "harsh" or looking down on the ASFR community, I disagree. They just don't quite understand it, but they did a great job presenting the facts without being harsh in my opinion.
My guilty pleasure? Zettai Kareshi <3
Come visit my sister site to Fembot Central, Mandroid Central at http://www.mandroidcentral.com/index.php!

Frostillicus

Post by Frostillicus » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Hello and welcome to the community! I just wanted to say that I was getting the impression that the harsh comments were actually coming from the comment sections on YouTube and on Discovery Health's facebook page along with various blogs and even through the Chelsea Handler comments and viewer comments. That said, I think the documentary was done fairly and tastefully, although I have to agree with Kishin about the introduction in the documentary establishing it as "strange" and they also implied that it was only men who have this "fetish." We will see even more dialogue (hopefully some positive) as the documentary begins to air on Discovery Network's other affiliates such as FitTV and The Learning Channel. If it was one of the things that helped you find the courage to voice your own interest, then it did its job! Let's hope that it also helped others as well and will continue to do so :wink:
Thaw me out when robot wives are cheap and effective.

mikejhonson

Post by mikejhonson » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:38 pm

I love roleplaying and indulging men's fantasies on the phone. I like to think that I give intelligent phone sex. There's a lot more conversation involved than just moaning and groaning on my end. Of course, I can do that too. But if you want really great, mind-blowing, fun, cum-back-for more erotic phone sex then you have to help. I may be a Goddess, but I can't read minds over the phone!