Stepford Update

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
rickdrat

Post by rickdrat » Tue May 25, 2004 3:08 pm

My appologies about the Today show segment. I checked Monday's show and they did tease a Stepford Preview on Tuesday. I watched the whole show today and damned if I can find any mention of it. Perhaps it got pushed to Wednesday.

Also, Nicolle was on Letterman last night and they showed a clip of her, Bette, and Roger Bart talking about Sarah Sunderson (Faith Hill) acting weird with sparks coming out of her ears. Sounds promising.

Baron

Post by Baron » Tue May 25, 2004 4:15 pm

rickdrat wrote:My appologies about the Today show segment. I checked Monday's show and they did tease a Stepford Preview on Tuesday. I watched the whole show today and damned if I can find any mention of it. Perhaps it got pushed to Wednesday.

Also, Nicolle was on Letterman last night and they showed a clip of her, Bette, and Roger Bart talking about Sarah Sunderson (Faith Hill) acting weird with sparks coming out of her ears. Sounds promising.
Yeah - apparently Faith overheats during the square dance sequence....... :eyes: :borg:
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Tue May 25, 2004 7:57 pm

I taped the whole Today show today. :( Nothing.

On the bright side, perhaps, lots of files called "Stepford Wives" showing up on kazaa. Could it be?

barakuda
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by barakuda » Wed May 26, 2004 2:15 pm

Yeah But i dont what you need to play the files. Quick time says i need the decompression software. And divix were the only two that wouldnt lock up, but wouldnt play them either.

Baeakuda

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Wed May 26, 2004 6:41 pm

I checked the Entertainment Tonight website a few hours ago and they claim that tonight's episode had a Stepford feature. I missed it by about 30 minutes. Anyone see it?

noidguy
Retired staff member

Stepford on 20/20

Post by noidguy » Fri May 28, 2004 9:31 pm

Okay, I caught this one. And you can see some vidcaps here...

http://www.fembotcentral.com/gallery/ca ... p?cat_id=7

The only good new bits are of Faith Hill malfunctioning at a squaredance. She gets twirled by her husband and becomes a blur spinning across the dance floor repeating "Dosey Do, Dosey Do" in a high-pitched voice. She then collapses, still repeating the phrase. Worth the price of admission!

barakuda
Technosexuality: Built

baebaque anyone

Post by barakuda » Sat May 29, 2004 12:28 am

and the guy says she drunk. i think that replaces the barbaque scene. or is the barba que scene.

Barakuda

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by ehy » Sat May 29, 2004 7:40 am

Isn't Stepford supposed to be in Connecticut?

So what's with all the women (in both movies!) being dressed like Southern belles? Sexy northeastern women don't dress like that!

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat May 29, 2004 8:12 am

ehy wrote:Isn't Stepford supposed to be in Connecticut?

So what's with all the women (in both movies!) being dressed like Southern belles? Sexy northeastern women don't dress like that!
My guess is because it's a social event arranged as a square dance and everyone came dressed with that theme in mind.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Stepford Squaredance

Post by noidguy » Sat May 29, 2004 8:23 am

In fact, the inclusion of the squaredance scene may be influenced by the original Stepford movie. If I remember correctly Joanna serves drinks while the men from the Association discuss several ideas for social events, and a squaredance may have been suggested.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat May 29, 2004 8:25 am

Oh, I just reread ehy's post. Maybe you weren't referring to the attire in the squaredance scene at all. If that's the case, just ignore me. :)

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Sat May 29, 2004 9:10 am

Well,

Seem likely that this will a BAD movie but quite possibly still a good gynoid movie.

On the bad movie front,

See:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121172,00.html

My feeling is that a plot twist that coming a mile away is that the person responsible for the original robot idea is .... Glen Close's character. You can see this in the Paul Rudick interviews where he talks about women creating Stepford Wives themselves.

Anyway, it seems likely that the film's plot will simply be unsustainable. On the other hand, lots of scenes with obdient, well-dressed robots sounds rather heavenly regardless of the final outcome. I mean, yeah, it sounds like it will have the script-value of a made-for-TV movie but even "The Stepford Wives" as a made-for-TV movies would have lots of good bits.

Even more, it's possible that a deluxe DVD version could be editted to provide the plot that we (or just I) would want.

Best,

S

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Sat May 29, 2004 9:43 am

ehy wrote:Isn't Stepford supposed to be in Connecticut?

Oh, just go with it, and pretend it's in the South, then...

Sheesh...

:P

Beggars can't be choosers, ehy...let's just be glad we're even getting something gynoid-related, in this era of clones and evil twins, etc.

Doug

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by ehy » Sat May 29, 2004 3:00 pm

Oh, I'm not really complaining; just criticizing. Those who know me well know I do that about everything. Still looking forward to the movie.

droidlvr
Banned

TSW plot...

Post by droidlvr » Sat May 29, 2004 7:48 pm

That possible plot twist Svengli talks about is something I've always suspected from the begining about TSW. Hey we're in "the new ages" now and when it comes to us male weirdos who even dream of that perfect feminine companion,the jokes are on us. :roll:
Speakin' of plots,did anyone here see The Woman Every Man Wants yet?

noidguy
Retired staff member

Re: TSW plot...

Post by noidguy » Sat May 29, 2004 8:08 pm

droidlvr wrote:Speakin' of plots,did anyone here see The Woman Every Man Wants yet?
I keep bugging the distributors of that film, but they tell me it has not been released yet commercially. The new title is "Perfect Lover".

droidlvr
Banned

Just A thought.....

Post by droidlvr » Sun May 30, 2004 6:58 am

I think that depending on how TSW does may have an effect on the commercial release of "The Perfect Lover".

kb7rky

Re: TSW plot...

Post by kb7rky » Sun May 30, 2004 9:38 am

noidguy wrote:
droidlvr wrote:Speakin' of plots,did anyone here see The Woman Every Man Wants yet?
I keep bugging the distributors of that film, but they tell me it has not been released yet commercially. The new title is "Perfect Lover".
We'll be lucky if we ever see it at all...

Doug

Baron

Spoilers!!!

Post by Baron » Mon May 31, 2004 12:55 pm

Found this nifty preview just today..........

***SPOILERS CONTAINED WITHIN***

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount ... large.html

Ejoy!!! :twisted:

hypero2
Technosexuality: Transformation

Spoilers?

Post by hypero2 » Mon May 31, 2004 3:19 pm

Spoilers? What spoilers? Did I miss something?

HYPER!!

rickdrat

Post by rickdrat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:54 pm

Okay, looking ahead on the Today Show again. Mathew Broderick is supposed to be on tomorrow, and Faith Hill is scheduled for Friday. I hope they show the square dance clip. I'm still kicking myself for missing 20/20. Bette Midler was on this morning, but nothing new was revealed.

Baron

Re: Spoilers?

Post by Baron » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:05 pm

hypero2 wrote:Spoilers? What spoilers? Did I miss something?

HYPER!!
No - I did!! That link was SUPPOSED to be to the 20/20 clip!!!:evil:
I'll see if I can find it again - sorry for the goof!! :oops:

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:12 pm

Here's some more clips

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2004/ ... -page.html

-- Look for "Banana Repulic"

Robot Fetish? Who would think

fection

Post by fection » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:14 am

Nothing we don't really know already, but I found this on Darkhorizons today......

The New York Post has written a fascinating article on the assorted problems which plagued the production of this week's all-star remake of the classic "The Stepford Wives". The Paramount-distributed black comedy when put into production in New York last year, was all tipped to be a big Summer movie hit for the studio with an all-star cast signing up for roles in what was expected to be a breezy three month shoot.

Then problems sprang up. Kidman complained about the script, and then the floodgates sprang open when the assorted stars started pushing their egos. According to one source - "Fourteen different people were saying what they wanted, and no one was willing to blink. That's why a shoot that was supposed to take three months wound up taking eight...There were too many cooks"

Seems that every major player had an opinion about how the movie should go. Some wanted " a manic satire of the suburbs; others wanted a sci-fi thriller like the original "Stepford"; and there seems to have been a contingent that insisted on adding schmaltzy redemption scenes at the end".

Director Frank Oz tried to pull it all together but got into screaming matches with star Christopher Walken who reportedly threatened to quit more than once. For Kidman it ended up being the second longest shoot of her career behind "Eyes Wide Shut". The ballroom finale scene ended up shooting for a month - two weeks with one ending, two weeks with another. Then the studio came back and weren't happy, so Oz stormed off set. He came back in December and continued working on the project. As recently as last month there were reshoots done for the ending. Producer Scott Rudin is believed to have essentially abandoned the project.

So the behind-the-scenes was a horror, will that affect the final product? Various films have proven to be big hits and critical successes despite painful births. The early verdict on the film though remains to be seen - tonight's LA premiere and Tuesday's media screenings in New York will be the first time the film has been screened outside the studio. By next weekend, the results will be in.

rickdrat

Post by rickdrat » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:29 am

Just for kicks, who wants to have a little "pool" about Stepford's box office success? Winner gets, shall we say . . . their choice of a Faith Hill prop :wink: from Tippet studios or a speaking part in the sequel.

I'm saying less than $20 million opening weekend. Total gross around $50 mil, and you won't be able to find it in theaters after the fourth of July.

Hate to be negative. I'm really pulling for this project to succeed, but based on what I've seen and heard so far that ain't gonna happen.

Any takers?