Stepford Update

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Sat May 01, 2004 9:15 am

keraptis wrote:I don't get it. Marlon Brando is in the movie now?

:P
It's a fake poster, Keraptis...with emphasis on "fake"

Doug

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Sat May 01, 2004 1:38 pm

Another Stepford Wives photospead is on the web.

http://www.nkidman.com/images/gallery/s ... y04_01.jpg

Not inserted here cause it's so big

It looks like mostly photos while the movie was being shot rather than scenes from the movie. Kinda-cool but not as good as some of the stills from the picture itself.

S

Svengli

Hope!

Post by Svengli » Sun May 02, 2004 9:39 am

This just in at

http://www.teamnicole.com/forums/index. ... opic=15929

and

http://u.redlandsdailyfacts.com/Stories ... 81,00.html

""Stepford" director Frank Oz shot three different endings and which one he chooses - Close currently has no idea as to what he's thinking - will, in large part, determine the film's political sensibility. "

THREE endings?

That's fantastic, since it's pretty likely the "good" will be released with the deluxe DVD (or somehow, given our interest in it) even if the "bad" ending appears in the theaters. So even if the theatrical release sucks, there may alternative approaches.

Even more, hopefully they will realize that an ending where Stepford stays Stepford would be the most disturbing and thus most powerfull ending.

rickdrat

Stepford TV spots

Post by rickdrat » Wed May 05, 2004 6:50 pm

Well it looks like the Stepford TV campaign is kicking off this week. One of the benefits of working in the broadcast industry is you can get advance notice of these things. I noticed a :30 second spot on an Entertainment Tonight pre-feed today. It will air in the first break of Thursday's show. Didn't notice if there was any new content, but the June 11 release date appears firm. I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything else as they roll them out.

As an update, I just saw a spot on NBC during Dateline tonight. There are a few new shots, and the entire tone of the spot is decidedly more horror/thriller than comedy. Maybe the storyline is changing afterall.

tully

Post by tully » Thu May 06, 2004 5:42 am

Seen two different TV spots so far, and yes, the horror aspect seems to be played up quite a bit.

Still a feeling that it will mostly be played for camp.

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Thu May 06, 2004 10:05 am

Hmm,

If anyone could post any vidcaps from the adverts, it would be appreciated.

S

noidguy
Retired staff member

Saw the ad during Entertainment Tonight

Post by noidguy » Thu May 06, 2004 7:10 pm

I saw the ad. Thanks for the tip. There were only a few new scenes revealed, and of course, all were very brief. Here are some screen shots of the new stuff....

noidguy
Retired staff member

Also....

Post by noidguy » Thu May 06, 2004 7:12 pm

Forgot to mention.... I uploaded an mpeg file of this new 30 second ad to hottori's ftp site. It's called stepfordshortad.mpg

gmiceo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by gmiceo » Mon May 10, 2004 11:42 am

I recently read something on one of these movie databases that said the film is in trouble. Oz is trying to arrange dates with Kidman to reshoot her parts. The test audience reacted very negatively to the movie. So many parts are being reshot now.

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Mon May 10, 2004 3:40 pm

gmiceo wrote:I recently read something on one of these movie databases that said the film is in trouble. Oz is trying to arrange dates with Kidman to reshoot her parts. The test audience reacted very negatively to the movie. So many parts are being reshot now.
Surprise...surprise

:roll:

Doug

noidguy
Retired staff member

Stepfordwives.com website is updated!!

Post by noidguy » Wed May 12, 2004 3:56 am

Check the website. I don't have time right now to see exactly what is new, but I checked the main page and there are changes.

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Wed May 12, 2004 2:58 pm

Looks like the original Stepford Wives is getting a third DVD release (Just new box art, or more special features? I do not know.) Due out June 15th you can pre-order it here.

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Wed May 12, 2004 8:38 pm

Yes, the newest version of the stepfordwives.com is really cool - the one problem is that it's format for XGA monitors only. When I look at on my laptop at 800x600 resolution, it's cut off. I've found a way around this but it's a drag.

Still, it's pretty cool.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Wed May 12, 2004 8:49 pm

Svengli wrote:Yes, the newest version of the stepfordwives.com is really cool - the one problem is that it's format for XGA monitors only. When I look at on my laptop at 800x600 resolution, it's cut off. I've found a way around this but it's a drag.

Still, it's pretty cool.
Right-click and "Show All" doesn't help?

goldengun009

There maybe some gynoid glimpses after all

Post by goldengun009 » Fri May 14, 2004 7:25 am

I know a lot of people may be skeptical, but I saw some of gynoids such as Matthew Broderick's character in a lab viewing some stuff that look like gynoids. Though the clip lasted only for 3 seconds. I may want to see this movie, however there are probably some scenes deleted for theatre release and could be put back in a DVD release. Overall, it seems fine so I will have to try this out for myself.

goldengun009

Svengli

Yet another trailer

Post by Svengli » Fri May 14, 2004 7:31 pm

There is one more trailer on the main page of:

http://www.todaytonight.com.au/

(that makes it the forth bit-o-video released around TSW)

I think the latest video make puts the most emphasis yet on Stepford men controlling Stepford women. Perhaps what I'd hoped for is happening. They've abandoned all hope of selling a drama and are instead trying selling the Stepford Gynoids themselves as a product.

The video is also really low resolution and set-up so that it's hard to down (as opposed to watching it on the screen). But in many ways, it's really hot.

27 days as of this posting.

S

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Fri May 21, 2004 8:52 pm

It might seem repetative but here are some more cool stills of Faith Hill as Stepford Bot.

ImageImage

Enjoy

S

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Fri May 21, 2004 8:58 pm

And the Stepford Wives website is pretty much fully operational now. Only the "Production Notes" section remains unfinished.

droidlvr
Banned

.....gettin' ready for a whole lotta nothin'.

Post by droidlvr » Sat May 22, 2004 6:40 am

Go ahead and condemn or ignore my comment(s) but I think we're gettin' ready for a whole lotta nothin'. :roll:

droidlvr
Banned

... just alotta well known pretty faces...

Post by droidlvr » Sat May 22, 2004 6:44 am

... just alotta well known pretty faces for a lot of adoring male fans of a certain type,that's all. :roll:

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat May 22, 2004 9:11 am

Was anyone able to save that videoclip on the todaytonight website? I'd like to see it again, but it's no longer on the website.

rickdrat

Today Show preview

Post by rickdrat » Mon May 24, 2004 10:05 am

Caught a promo during the Today Show this morning that there will be a "Stepford Preview" tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. No other details. Maybe a couple of clips and interviews. Also no indicator of when in the 3 hour show it will run, so keep your eyes peeled.

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Mon May 24, 2004 9:44 pm

I caught a preview myself last night...they have a tenative opening date of June 11th.

Looks like they got all the last minute crap taken care of, and they're going ahead with the release.

Geez...floppy hats and all...what's next?

Doug

barakuda
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

and another show with stepford cast

Post by barakuda » Mon May 24, 2004 10:33 pm

on friday on abc Stepford cast will be on 20/20 news magazine. they said a unterview vast of one of biggest summer hits. A hit well we will wait and see. But then again it mught bomb but we here in this group might like it. who knows what you guys Think?

Barakuda

rickdrat

Post by rickdrat » Mon May 24, 2004 11:54 pm

As I've said before, I'm buying into the concept and they've got my money already. I think it'll have something for the folks in this group. Let's face it, this is the first big budget fembot project to come down the pike in a long time. As for mass market box office success . . . my advice would be if you do want to see it, do so quickly. I predict this turkey will be gone in three weeks.