Updated FOX site for "The Sarah Connor Chronicles"

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Keizo

Post by Keizo » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:19 am

noidguy wrote:Anybody notice that the shrink on TSCC thought Cameron might have Aspergers?
I noticed, dude. I really did. I also noticed that Bonnie Morgan did an EXCELLENT job of playing a female terminator. Almost zero expression at all even when getting slammed and good movements as well! Too bad she was a killer because I wouldn't mind having something like that chasing me ;) I'm hoping they bring her back in future episodes since there can be plenty of copies. Sadly, I think there is only one Cameron.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYr6-kmOHB4

I also liked at the beginning of the show when Shirley Manson was posing and doing those precision movements and that "warm" smile. Too bad it's going to be another two weeks before a new episode.
Last edited by Keizo on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

rickdrat

Post by rickdrat » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:25 am

Yeah, about that fight scene...

I'm still not a big convert to this series yet. It's not doing the franchise any favors, but I guess Fox feels they can keep the Terminator buzz going until the new film comes out and build on that. But I digress...

Aside from the fact that the fight was horribly one sided, anybody else get off the plausibility train when the fight stopped while the other passengers boarded. I know it was played for laughs, which in itself irked me, but since when do Terminators care about what sacks of meat think? Especially when the future of man is at stake. Did Arnold seem concerned about keeping up appearances while he and Robert Patrick threw each other around a shopping mall? No.

End of fanboy rant.

Still, it was nice to see a Terminator cat fight. :twisted:

noone

Post by noone » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:42 am

Too bad it's probably going to be cancelled

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by dale coba » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:50 am

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 ... id=14&cs=1

Fox gives full order to 'Sarah Connor'
Network extends season despite low ratings
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles'
Fox's 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' has developed a fan base.

"Terminator" is far from being terminated.

Fox has just given a full-season order to "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." Cast and crew were informed of the decision late Friday.

- Dale Coba

Back-nine order was far from certain; show has been struggling in its Monday night timeslot. But "Sarah Connor" has developed a fan base and some positive critical attention along the way.

"Sarah Connor" was preempted last week due to baseball playoff coverage, but in its last airing, on Oct. 6, averaged a 2.3 rating and 6 share among adults 18-49, which was up slightly from the prior week.
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Borias

Post by Borias » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:41 am

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmc_6882

Post by tmc_6882 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:16 am

Keizo wrote:
noidguy wrote:Anybody notice that the shrink on TSCC thought Cameron might have Aspergers?
I noticed, dude. I really did. I also noticed that Bonnie Morgan did an EXCELLENT job of playing a female terminator. Almost zero expression at all even when getting slammed and good movements as well! Too bad she was a killer because I wouldn't mind having something like that chasing me ;) I'm hoping they bring her back in future episodes since there can be plenty of copies. Sadly, I think there is only one Cameron.

I also liked at the beginning of the show when Shirley Manson was posing and doing those precision movements and that "warm" smile. Too bad it's going to be another two weeks before a new episode.
Bonnie Morgan was so sexy in those black leather boots, with the spiked heels. :D

Borias

Post by Borias » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:03 am

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Borias

Post by Borias » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmc_6882

Post by tmc_6882 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:38 am

tmc_6882 wrote:
Keizo wrote:

Bonnie Morgan was so sexy in those black leather boots, with the spiked heels. :D

Bonnie Morgan by the way, has a page on 8) Facebook.

Borias

Post by Borias » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmc_6882

Post by tmc_6882 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:59 am

tmc_6882 wrote:
tmc_6882 wrote:
Keizo wrote: I noticed, dude. I really did. I also noticed that Bonnie Morgan did an EXCELLENT job of playing a female terminator. Almost zero expression at all even when getting slammed and good movements as well! Too bad she was a killer because I wouldn't mind having something like that chasing me ;) I'm hoping they bring her back in future episodes since there can be plenty of copies. Sadly, I think there is only one Cameron.

Bonnie Morgan by the way, has a page on 8) Facebook.
Here's another cheap plug, a Yahoo! club that I just started about Bonnie Morgan:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bonnie_Mo ... ack_Boots/
Rosie manifests in the back of a bus and immediately kills the recently awakened driver, stealing his clothes. She then seeks out Sherman's assistant and hides in the back of her car, later killing her as well. The next day, Rosie enters Sherman's practice, coincidentally at the exact same time as Cameron Phillips. Being bound for the same location, they both enter a lift and share a look with each other, taking note of the other's behavior. Upon arriving at Sherman's door and simultaneously reaching for the handle, Rosie and Cameron immediately realize that they are fellow cyborgs.

Cameron struck first, initiating a fight between the two, which at first appeared to be an even conflict, but Cameron quickly established her superiority over Rosie. The fight took them back into the lift where Cameron tried to dislocate Rosie's arms, but she proved to be remarkably flexible and was able to overcome Cameron's forced contortions. The fight came to an unexpected halt, however, as both machines sought anonymity in the presence of humans. Once they were gone, they resumed their fight, resulting in Cameron forcing Rosie to the floor, who tried to retaliate by wrapping her legs around Cameron.

Cameron turned this against her, however, and forced Rosie's own heel into her left eye before proceeding to contort her body in such a way that she was no longer a threat. Cameron then broke her neck, effectively cutting off power from Rosie's power cell to her CPU. Cameron would later try to remove Rosie's chip, only for it to self-destruct upon removal, a new feature for Terminators that suggests Skynet's desperation to prevent reprogramming in the future.
Last edited by tmc_6882 on Sat May 08, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borias

Post by Borias » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Borias

Post by Borias » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:38 am

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:48 am

The season premiere was another boring episode, focused on Sarah again. I know the show is called the "Sarah Connor Chronicles", but nobody gives a crap about Sarah. Riley's still alive (bummer), Jesse's still conniving (hate her), John is still an asshole (teenager thing). The show is going nowhere.....slowly. Speed it up, people! More action! More metal on metal! If you want the show to keep going you have to get people's attention. This episode was another yawner. Cameron didn't even need to appear in it.

As for Dollhouse, I only caught bits and pieces of the first ten minutes. Didn't make much sense to me. And I don't much care for the actress. Nice bod, but it doesn't make up for the face, the voice, the mannerisms, and the attitude.

My opinions only. TV sucks.

Otaru Mamiya
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Otaru Mamiya » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:51 am

Terminator's big problem so far is that it's too spread out. For the first season, they had the writers' strike going on so they had a whole season's worth of plot condensed down to 9 episodes. Every character had to be represented and they were all TOGETHER so there was almost 100% certainty that you'd see the characters you like every single week.

Now the series is too spread out, both in screen-time and character interactions. Instead of a nice, condensed 9-episode run, we have a whole season to fill. It seems like the producers have the same amount of content as season 1, they just have less of it per episode.

In addition to that, the cast is too large and too far spread out. At least in season 1, they interacted with each other. Now everyone is off in their own little plotlines that seem totally unrelated. Ellison is doing his thing with the proto-Skynet that is "John Henry", John is doing his teen-angst thing with Riley (which I hope the writers wrap up fast by having her explain why she cut herself), Sarah is off on her own chasing some little dots, and Cameron is almost in standby mode, an action sequence that is waiting to happen but never does.

Oh, and about Cameron... I wonder if Ms. Glau is as bored with this season as the rest of us are. She gets one, maybe two scenes where she NAILS acting like a stoic combat machine with some dry humor mixed in. Seriously, she's great but she's badly underused. After those one or two scenes, we barely hear about her. Is she working on another project or something? It's almost a Terminator TV series without any Terminators!
"Don't sweat the petty things... don't pet the sweaty things..."

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:55 am

Also, keep in mind that Friday night is usually a death sentence for a show. Not to mention that this was the Friday before Valentine's Day AND it was also Friday the 13th so it was time to party. No one was home, gentlemen. If they waited just one more week, the ratings would have probably been better for both shows. It's sad. Despite all the flack, TSCC was still our best bet for consistent fembot content. RIP

Borias

Post by Borias » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:19 am

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:07 pm

Man, tonight's episode was like going to a funeral.

DukeNukem 2417
Technosexuality: Built

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:18 am

I'm starting to see a trend here...the Bionic Woman remake started off kind of good, but then the folks behind it compared the fembots from the 70s series to a robot yeti and the show tanked. Now, with Terminator Salvation on the horizon, more people are interested in hearing Christian Bale scream his lungs out at a DP for walking around "ah da da da da like this in the background" than seeing Sarah Connor fight for her life against the ever-growing hordes of Skynet.

How does that saying go? Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Elvis Lives. Not in this timeline, but in quite a few others.
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Okay, somebody post THE vidcaps from tonight's ep. Only about 3 seconds worth viewing.

Borias

Post by Borias » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:51 am

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:31 am

Ehhh, I meant the scene where the ugly guy gets a needle in his eye.

Yeah....right. :lol:

tmc_6882

How to save Terminator: TSCC

Post by tmc_6882 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:52 pm

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts ... c8490baaa8#
The basic premise of the well-executed TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR
CHRONICLES is we are following Sarah Connor trying to protect her son John
Connor from Skynet, an artificially intelligent computer network system that
conquers the Earth in the future and is sending back Terminators, cyborgs,
robots in human bodies, back in time to A) kill John Connor before he can
lead humanity to take down Skynet and B) to ensure Skynet exists in the
first place.

The premise of the show, given that it is a prequel to the movie series, is
that the characters can NEVER WIN. Skynet always exists in the future and
always sends back terminators to hunt down John. Moreover the characters
live in the world that is by definition of the series, doomed.

Kind of a downer of a show to maintain viewers week in and week out, unless
... you turn the premise on its head, and make its weakness your strength.
As is the case with movies and tv making, better to show than merely tell:

"Hello, my name is 'John Connor', son of 'Sarah Connor'. I am at the
coordinates shown onscreen. If you are receiving this transmission then know
this: There are terminators on the loose, robot skeletons with human bodies,
metal and meat sandwiches, sent from the future to kill me--by Skynet, a
supercomputer system that has conquered humanity. The terminators have
killed many people to get to me. To the family, friends and loved ones of
the dead and the missing, scrolling across the screen are places, dates and
times that I know of. They are ruthless, bullet-resistant, don't need to eat
or breathe, and will not stop unless destroyed. Do not get between them and
their target: me.

You probably think I'm crazy. That's okay, my message is mainly for the
terminators monitoring this broadcast. Here I am. Come get me."

Instead of running and hiding, take the fight to the terminators. Draw them
out, and chop them off at the knees, or hips, probably their arms too. Why?
Turn the tables. Study them to study Skynet. Find out intel on Skynet by
studying its agents. Use that to plant intel for the future human rebels to
find and stop Skynet. Natch when the timeline changes, a new, different
Skynet develops further in the future and has different programming, thus
making the need to gather more intel on this version of Skynet.

It's not perfect, but at least it allows the show's characters to at least
rack up victories instead of continuing loses. And with victory ... hope.

-- Ken from Chicago

TheSpotConlon
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by TheSpotConlon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:45 pm

QFT, people. This woman is just impossibly hot. Screw this Terminator show; let it die with the release of the probably-terrible "Terminator: Salvation." Maybe she can team up with Joss Whedon again and we'll get a web series devoted entirely to our interests. I'm thinking it'll be called Summer-Bot: The Delightfully Witty Robot Who Also Makes Out with Girls.

Hey, it could happen.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:15 pm

She could come to present day and take care of our financial crisis. Call it "Summer in the Citibank"

Or the pron version, "Summer Sausage".

Ouch. I need more sleep.

Ms. Glau, if you are reading this I apologize.

Ah, if she had a destructive virus we'd call it the Glau Worm.