WESTWORLD IS BACK

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
ministrations
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: WESTWORLD IS BACK

Post by ministrations » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:38 pm

Trace Venom wrote:The revelation by the fx team seems a little spoilery, if you buy the theory (that I just made up) that the endgame for The corporation that runs the park is actually to field test organic full body replacements for humans in order to cheat death.
Or it's possible that Ford's comments about humans' accomplishments in episode two are more final than we know. Delos could have been trying to build replacements to hold human consciousnesses but it's either impossible or the company has determined that it isn't profitable enough to continue experimenting. That fits with the widespread theory that Ford is working with the Man in Black and all the related subtheories there.

ministrations

Post by ministrations » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:49 am

Shared from Reddit. Your holiday season might be a little brighter than you thought, Rman.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:51 pm

those westworld guys are using so many familiar references from the things we scavenge.

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 am

Here if somehow more seasons get added I wonder if they might do the reboot of the failed series Beyond Westworld. Remember the premise then.
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

Trace Venom
Identification: Android

Post by Trace Venom » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:19 pm

Having watched Episode 3, I'll say this:

1. This show is getting scary complicated.

2. If they decide to show a long flashback sequence of the previous critical failure that features the older-gen bots, MY BODY WILL BE READY.

gyn2010

Post by gyn2010 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:09 am

Trace Venom wrote: 2. If they decide to show a long flashback sequence of the previous critical failure that features the older-gen bots, MY BODY WILL BE READY.
Ready for what? Bunch of undressed, dirty, old cowboys with beards and moustaches? Don't get me wrong, I'm being sarcastic here. I just think someone on this show is a bit too much obsessed with them.
I want to say that I both love and hate this show and I still have high hopes to catch some nice scenes. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too old to accept machines without panels, not assembled but "grown" in some way, not being serviced but operated by surgeons.

smalk

Post by smalk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:21 am

gyn2010 wrote: Ready for what? Bunch of undressed, dirty, old cowboys with beards and moustaches? Don't get me wrong, I'm being sarcastic here. I just think someone on this show is a bit too much obsessed with them.
I want to say that I both love and hate this show and I still have high hopes to catch some nice scenes. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too old to accept machines without panels, not assembled but "grown" in some way, not being serviced but operated by surgeons.
That's exactly the point - the first generations of hosts were shown to be made of the "classical" mechanical and electrical components that we're used to think of.

Also, I'm betting my 2 cents that it HAS to be connected to Arnold's demise - you can't simply put a line like "oh, he had an *accident*" and expect speculations to not go wild xD

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:09 am

be fun if they showed a few humans clocking in for work, walking through some chamber, and coming out as robots. End of the day, reverse process, just maybe? :mrgreen:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:03 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:be fun if they showed a few humans clocking in for work, walking through some chamber, and coming out as robots. End of the day, reverse process, just maybe? :mrgreen:
I'm only two episodes in, but I get the feeling you might not be too far off the mark. Just not in the way you're wanting.

I also get the feeling that the predictions I jokingly made three years ago may have been more accurate than expected.

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:02 pm

I haven't actually seen any of it, as shortly I'll be working silly shifts at work, which would mean me missing it anyway. But I'll be interested to keep in touch with it on here, for sure

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:35 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:I haven't actually seen any of it, as shortly I'll be working silly shifts at work, which would mean me missing it anyway.
Wait, the original broadcast date/time matters?

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:14 pm

I guess not nowadays, though I'm not one of those technically minded people who sets up multiple programs to watch, and then finds time to watch them. As in, I recorded something a few weeks back, on life in Alaska, and I still haven't found time to watch it. Mind, it being baseball play offs season, with Dodgers in them, doesn't help on that front! :lol:

If I can find them all, once baseball season is over, then maybe?

As I always say, I'm more into being controlled by technology, than controlling it. So, if anyone wants to turn me into a robot... :D

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:55 am

In someways I'm somewhat in the same boat as Stephaniebot. With a few differences..

1- Tigers failed to make post season play. Blew it down the stretch. Blue Jays are out which was my next choice. I hoping for the Cubs they haven't won the World Series century is what I heard.

2- I need to figure out if ANY of the current episodes got to on demand or Roku...

3- I too recoded something YEARS back but it got erased same reason as Steph unable to find time to watch it.

4- Blame College and Pro Football. Blame the last debate.

5- Switch around Steph's last sentence. I want to be in the control technology camp and I'll let someone else join that other camp.

:) That's all folks.
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

zapped

Post by zapped » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:be fun if they showed a few humans clocking in for work, walking through some chamber, and coming out as robots. End of the day, reverse process, just maybe? :mrgreen:
Something along the lines of the Jockey commercial? Lol
https://youtu.be/kqWEpPIfGvs
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my darling!"

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Yes, I'd love that to happen to me, and I wouldn't try to stop them! :D

Trace Venom

Post by Trace Venom » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:56 am

You guys...

If you see episode 5, play close attention to the speech The Man In Black gives to Teddy Flood (around 14:25, for those with HBO Go access)

THE MAN IN BLACK IS US*

*And by "Us" I mean people here in this board.

rickdrat

Post by rickdrat » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:18 am

Trace Venom wrote: THE MAN IN BLACK IS US*

Holy Crap. MiB is Robotman!

User1222

Post by User1222 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:24 pm

Trace Venom wrote:You guys...

If you see episode 5, play close attention to the speech The Man In Black gives to Teddy Flood (around 14:25, for those with HBO Go access)

THE MAN IN BLACK IS US*

The scene is around 12:30 for the KILLERS[ETTV] release.

N6688

Post by N6688 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:53 pm

THE MAN IN BLACK IS US*

Had the exact same feeling :)
Also it's nice to know that dolores is one of the old school hosts (as in mechanical instead of bio) from what i understood in the last episode.
So it is nice that they at least gave us one :lol:
"Robot wives have needs, too"
Goku, Dragonball fighterZ 2017

Matryoshko

Post by Matryoshko » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:05 am

THE MAN IN BLACK IS US*

"You used to be beautiful. When this place started, I opened one of you up once, a million little perfect pieces. And then they changed you, made you this sad, little real mess, flesh and bone, just like us. They said it would improve the park experience. But you know why they really did it? It was cheaper. Your humanity is cost effective, so is your suffering."

THANK YOU MiB.

rickdrat

Post by rickdrat » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:40 am

Robotman wrote:
rickdrat wrote:Holy Crap. MiB is Robotman!

Sorry, by way of context, the scene involves a mysterious, seemingly omnipotent character known as the Man in Black who's been visiting the parks for a long time. He's talking with a wounded host. The have a conversation that leads to the following dialogue from MiB.

"It's not my fault you're suffering. You used to be beautiful. When this place started, I opened one of you up once. A million little perfect pieces... and then they changed you. Made you this sad, real mess. Flesh and bone just like us. They said it would improve the park experience, but you know why they really did it? It was cheaper. Your humanity is cost effective."

Just seems like something you'd say under similar circumstances.

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:59 pm

OK,

I have to say, while those who hate biodroids are welcome to hate biodroids, I find it a little problematic to speak of "us" when talking of those who'd willfully destroy multitudes of biodroids. I for one would welcome, would love to own indeed, well designed, obedient, sensuous biodroids and I'd like to think that most people wouldn't be interested in the wanton destruction of useful equipment of whatever sort.

jolshefsky
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by jolshefsky » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:09 am

I swear, if Dolores turns out to be made of meat, I'm done with this.

The whole thing smacks of lazy scriptwriting. If you have machines with outer coverings that make them look like humans, well then, who cares what you do with them? They're only machines. I mean, nothing about the intelligence of your PC would change if you stuck it inside a RealDoll. But therein lies a challenge to make a compelling story. Why should we care? What makes intelligence?

But if you make the hosts biological–well then there's another story. Have you created some kind of human-like animal? If so, it is intrinsically different from a computer. But it's really quite lazy since the writer can rehash a millennia of stories about slavery. Booooring!
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

Dolljoints
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Dolljoints » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:16 am

I've now watched the first two episodes and while I'd like to state my huge disappointment over the biological androids and the lack of machinery, endoskeletons and cyber-gore which I excepted to witness, I must say that I'm completely immersed by the story. I can't stop watching, enjoying every second of it. I love the "Truman Show"-aspects about it.

Disappointed, but I love it.

Trace Venom

Post by Trace Venom » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Dolljoints wrote:I've now watched the first two episodes and while I'd like to state my huge disappointment over the biological androids and the lack of machinery, endoskeletons and cyber-gore which I excepted to witness, I must say that I'm completely immersed by the story. I can't stop watching, enjoying every second of it. I love the "Truman Show"-aspects about it.

Disappointed, but I love it.
Same.