Fallout 4 Mods...

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)

Re: Fallout 4 Mods...

Postby FaceoffFembot » Sun May 28, 2017 2:40 pm

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Sun May 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Nice find!

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:16 pm

Just a reminder to all those who haven't played Fallout 4 yet... what are you waiting for? :P

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:43 pm

So speaking of Fallout 4 mods, here's a video clip that showcases a whole bunch of the mods listed here, and a few that aren't. The main reason I made this video was to show Kishin that I built the largest structure you can make (the Synth Production Workshop) at the smallest settlement in the game (Hangman's Alley). I needed this mod to remove the settlement height restrictions first.

The video is also a good demonstration of how to use the Synth Production Workshop.

:arrow: Fallout 4 – Robotman’s Settlement at Hangman’s Alley

Postby TheShoveller » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait......

YOU CAN REMOVE THE HEIGHT RESTRICTION?!?!?!?

Finally, my four-story masterpiece at Sanctuary can have a roof over the production machinery on the roof, instead of just open sky!

Also, I totally beelined for that island settlement as soon as I got the plans for the synth facility.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:35 am

Yep. There are also mods to expand the build size limit. I use this one, but search nexus mods for "limit" and you will find more. and I also realized that Covenant is the smallest settlement, not Hangman's Alley, so I have a new challenge now. :D

Also, I remember when I started building settlements I saw some video where this guy said you needed to wear power armor with a jetpack to build up above three stories. Nonsense. I've never worn power armor to build settlements.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:07 pm

There's a mod I just found that allows custom art to be added to settlements. If you've seen the latest manip I made, you just stumbled upon one of the 10 posters I made for it.

I wrote up something in more detail on my blog here, with downloadable image versions and a download of the versions to be used in the game.

For anyone who wants to make their own art, the instructions are pretty simple. There's a landscape version of the mod too.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:20 am

There's now a bonus poster included (thanks Kim!) so check my blog post again to see details about that. :D

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:05 pm

I just discovered/confirmed something I had been wondering about. This concerns the Workshop Synth Production mod that allows you to make your own Synth settlers.

I had noticed that something would go wrong when I would try to make a Synth copy of the character Rowdy. Sometimes, no Synth would be produced, and sometimes a radroach would be produced instead (which is a known bug with this mod, no pun intended).

I got in the habit of re-scanning the actual Rowdy with the body scanner at the Atom Cats Garage before I made each Synth copy, and that fixed the no-Synth or radroach issue.

But another bug I couldn't fix with my copies of her was the disappearing name. Instead of her name "Rowdy" appearing when I was nearby, it appears as <TOKEN.NAME=SYNTHNAME>. Other than that, the Synth copies function just like the other Synths I produced and had no other bugs that I could see.

So I wondered if this was constantly happening because of the Character Rowdy, or because of slot 3 in the body Scanner's "memory" that I was using to store her template. I just found out. It's Slot 3. I scanned a different character into Slot 3, made a Synth copy of that character, and came back to my settlement to find that her name had been erased too.

To all of you out there who are using this mod, just avoid using Slot 3 for anything and you should be able to avoid the no-Synth, radroach, and disappearing name bugs. You'll only have 7 template slots available, but hey, you can still make your own Synths settlers.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Found a mod with some nice artificial eyes, and look who made the mod! :D

PreviousNext

Return to Reports