Fallout 4 fembot mod!

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Section_Eight

Re: Fallout 4 fembot mod!

Post by Section_Eight » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:28 pm

Given the nature of this site, is that a problem? (Tee hee.)

Although it would be funny if everyone BUT Curie was fembotted by this mod.

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by TheShoveller » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:32 pm

There's a link on the mod's page that says to use another mod for JUST a change to the player character, but that that mod only works for the face if you use Face 1. I tested it, it works if you install the "fembot mod" files into the directory made by that other mod, though the face texture will only display once you edit your character's face at all. That said, since I still haven't finished the game myself, I don't plan on changing her face and remaking it so she'll walk around with a slightly-off-color, non-seamed face and will leave that for my next playthrough.

But this does make it so only the PC female has the fembot texture as opposed to every female having it.

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:16 pm

Another thing - if you want to apply this mod to, say, specific companions you can get (like Curie, Piper, whoever) you can do that with this mod here in a similar manner:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4293/?

And in case you missed it, the player-specific version is here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3718/?

So, with this, you should be able to turn Curie into a fembot (moreso than she is now) and keep everyone else normal if you want. Haven't tested it yet, but will once I finish installing a metric ass-ton of mods I'm downloading.

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:37 pm

Ok, so my testing...
  • Don't use the "unique player" mod I linked to. Use the one the original "fembot skin" mod suggests, since that lets it use the head mesh too and works with the CBBE body mod.
  • If you use the head mesh, it's going to change all female companion heads, from what I've seen. They apparently use Face 01 as their base, which the fembot mod overwrites. So, you can have all female companions using fembot-faces, or forego the player having one as well (unless someone else can figure out what's going on there and how to fix it so that doesn't happen.)
  • If you use the mod to have your companions use different body texture files, you have to make sure you also assign the CBBE body mesh files in their respective folders. You can do this by copy-pasting the generic CBBE installs, or opening up the CBBE zip file and sticking the one you want in each actor's directory.
  • Any mods that overwrite companions also won't let you use these custom textures, so Curie will, from what I've seen, have to be her "default" face / hair in order to have the fembot-like skin.
That's what I've seen from playing around with a lot of this stuff.