SLEEPING DOGS on tonight on SciFi

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
droidlvr
Banned

SLEEPING DOGS on tonight on SciFi

Post by droidlvr » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:34 pm

SLEEPING DOGS on tonight on SciFi. Can someone fill us in on the gynoid content in this film? Of course I will be setting my vcr,but will like to hear from those who may have seen this ahead of time. When searched for the results says the movie was made in the 70's and is a NewZealand movie. :)

noidguy
Retired staff member

Re: SLEEPING DOGS on tonight on SciFi

Post by noidguy » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:10 pm

"Sleeping Dogs" a New Zealand film from the 70s? "Straw Dogs" maybe, but the "Sleeping Dogs" I know is from the 90s with C. Thomas Howell.

Spaceship full of criminals in cryo-chambers. The head baddie awakens and picks his cohorts while they are still in their chambers. One of his choices is a female cyborg/android/whatever named Z-something. She has super strength, but not much else distinguishes her from human. No spectacular effects, either, although at the end she gets electrocuted and a few sparks fly. The whole film is just another excuse for Mr. Howell to embarass himself. (See also "Hourglass")

droidlvr wrote:SLEEPING DOGS on tonight on SciFi. Can someone fill us in on the gynoid content in this film? Of course I will be setting my vcr,but will like to hear from those who may have seen this ahead of time. When searched for the results says the movie was made in the 70's and is a NewZealand movie. :)

DrFranklin

This reviewer understood the appeal of the movie ....

Post by DrFranklin » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:46 am

http://www.geocities.com/tyrannorabbit/ ... gdogs.html

There has to be at least one redeeming element to save a movie from The Pile, and that redeeming element here is Kiara Hunter, playing a malevolent (though sexy) android who's convincingly programmed to enjoy being mean. She's also easily buff enough for the part - the imdb says she's "Former Miss Canada, Miss Fitness BC, Miss Fitness Canada Silver Medalist, Miss Venus Int'l, Miss Ujena of Canada, Miss Fitness Body Pro of Ujena, professional cheerleader and national team swimmer", which is a pretty good start if you're gonna play a kill-bot.

I've got a Kiara Hunter fascination now ...

barakuda
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

yeah

Post by barakuda » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:39 pm

That all well and fine but my view is she should of been the only one to survive in the movie. the rest in the movie act numb in the head or like they dont care enough. she the only good character in the movie. evebn the main bad guy plays his part sarcastiically to me. and most the action was the good guys gtting away bye dumb luck. but oh well we take what we can get
Barakuda

droidlvr
Banned

The movie was crap!!

Post by droidlvr » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:39 am

To me the movie was crap!! I simply never was a fan of the buff killer fembot Sara Conner/ Riley of T-2 / Alien types. However,I would love to hear about the appeal of these types from the 'modern day' guys who do. By the way thanks to Noid for the info. :)