TV > Firefly

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
tectile

TV > Firefly

Post by tectile » Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:21 pm

This fall the Fox network will premire a show called "Firefly". It's from the creators of "Buffy TVS". Set 400 years in the future, It's about a ship load of misfits, mercinaries, prostitutes and other strange folks flying around the galaxy doing stuff.

The TV promo featurs a brief scene showing a nude woman in a glass or plastic box.

Maybe the girl in tupperwear is a bot and maybe she aint. I don't know.
We can only hope this show will have something for us.

You can see some quicktime clips and learn more about the show here.

http://www.fox.com/firefly/main.htm

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:14 am

Sorry, dude. She's not a gynoid and there are none to be seen yet, not in the first few episodes anyway. (Not even the ship's prostitute: Darn!) They have left little room for that possibility, but since there was really no room in Buffy, and this is from the creators of Buffy, maybe just maybe.... :wink:
By the way, there will also be a new Twilight Zone series this fall on UPN. As long as they are defiling perfection, let's hope they throw some gynoids in there before it gets cancelled.

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:40 pm

I actually met Joss Whedon a few days ago and am ashamed to say that I was star-struck and forgot to ask him about any robotgirl content in Firefly. I would not be so quick to dismiss the show seeing as Joss gave us BuffyBot and Annalee Call, and Firefly seems a lot like the anime series "Outlaw Star" which has a robotgirl in it who came packed in a case very much like the one we see in the promo.

Aside from mentioning that I look like his wife he also mentioned the she wears the same clothing brand as me [cyberdog] > cyberdog fans are a very pro-robotgirl group of people so maybe his wife will help push for some girlbots ;)

sparty
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

same here

Post by sparty » Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:56 pm

When I saw the trailers I said "This is Outlaw Star. Minus Melfina the sexy robot."

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:53 pm

Last week's episode, Shindig, did show a glimmer of hope. When the crew landed on Persephone they stood outside a shop with living mannequins in the window. The girls beamed "They are so beautiful!" and they guys asked if they were talking about the dresses or the mannequins. :wink: Their movement was nothing especially robotic, but they did have a fakeness to them.

The scene only lasted a few seconds, but I also noticed at the start of this episode that the introduction mentioned something to the effect of "visting planets with great technologies and others with hardly any", which is something I never noticed in the introduction of prior episodes.

All in all, nothing worth setting your VCR for - yet.

33cl33
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by 33cl33 » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:24 am

I know a lot of people who work as extras on the show - & no content that I know of in the next few episodes... but you never know! Anyone else notice a resemblance to the anime-ish cartoon Cowboy Bebop (but with a slower feel?)