TV + CARTOON > My Life As A Teenage Robot

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
minkwheel

TV + CARTOON > My Life As A Teenage Robot

Post by minkwheel » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:59 am

Hi kids...Just reporting in a simple two finds today.... first, CARTOON NETWORK will be co-producing a new series from Europe --and bringing it HERE of course---the series is called ROBOTBOY---and it boasts the same old story that has been done to death...but, hey, it's ----well, it's SOMETHING to fill up 22 minutes of screentime...... RobotBoy is about --a ROBOT BOY --a specially gifted piece of hardware that is being hunted down by government and baddies who wish to use him for evil-like thingies.......GOD HOW PREDICTABLE.... anyway, that's coming, and will no doubt have some unavoidable gynoids in stories ......I also mentioned NICKELODEON's 'MY LIFE AS A TEENAGE ROBOT" which will premeire in a short while... The OTHER find, came to me by accident...an artist friend of mine designed an album cover or two for a local clubbish band called PETLAND....their last full length CD from 2001 was called MISS ROBOTO, and was a concept album about a boy who builds an gynoid, and falls in love with her----I haven't HEARD the album, so I can't give reviews here, but I think they're asking $12 for the disc on their website. --maybe it's worth checking out. --PS ---BUFFYBOT says 'HI" ....AND THOUSANDS OF OTHER WORDS as well if you ask her any questions. --isn't science wonderous? --it's MinkWheel again.

Baron

Re: FUTURE cartoon series--and an album to watch out for...

Post by Baron » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:27 am

[quote="minkwheel The OTHER find, came to me by accident...an artist friend of mine designed an album cover or two for a local clubbish band called PETLAND....their last full length CD from 2001 was called MISS ROBOTO, and was a concept album about a boy who builds an gynoid, and falls in love with her----I haven't HEARD the album, so I can't give reviews here, but I think they're asking $12 for the disc on their website. --maybe it's worth checking out[/quote]

I've heard it ( :? ) - thanks to that fileshare group that's all the rage (and will remain anonymous, to protect the guilty). Think Devo meets Kraftwerk!! Not my cup of tea musically, but they get points for trying, concept-wise. Rumor has it that they're aiming for a national breakthrough (big label contract) in the near future - wouldn't this story make a nice video?
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

htb21

Post by htb21 » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:54 pm

this site may be of interest... i am not sure how accurate of a portrayal it will be but none the less here i is

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Sh ... owid-8939/