TV > Hey, has anyone watched 'Quads' cartoon?

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
GZ02
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

TV > Hey, has anyone watched 'Quads' cartoon?

Post by GZ02 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:45 pm

I saw this animated show on Teletoon (Canadian) a few months ago.

It's a story of how this young guy ends up as a paraplegic after getting hit by a car during a drunken 'lost weekend' thing. Somehow, he goes to court, wins, and ends up with a HUGE settlement part of which is a beautiful mansion in a Beverly Hills setting. He has all these freaks for friends: a guy with hooks for hands, a flaming homosexual, a blind black guy, a constantly drunk Irish-accented barowner who can't get booze and chicks off his mind, and so on.

It's pretty sick upon first viewing, but it's hillariously funny!

Anyway, there's an episode where the guy receives some compensation from the govt andd decides to buy himself a better wheelchair. He's on the showroom and spies the 'GAL2000', a the most technologically advanced unit on the market. It loks like a glorified wheeled Barcolounger with a tv screen mounted on top. On the visual display are these two huge lips that speak with a deep; slightly monotone and scripted; but definitely female voice; "Greetings, I am the GAL2000" blah-de-blah whatever, I can't remember exactly what was said.

GAL had all these features to make it's occupant comfortable; massage, a stereo system, even the video display would lower itself for him to watch tv or to 'talk' to him. It also had these retractable clawed hands which it would use to pluck him into its seat if he needed to go anywhere.

The plot gets predictable when his actual girlfriend becomes jealous of her boyfriend's increasing intimacy with GAL (there's an absolutely HILLARIOUS scene of him and GAL in bed!) and the rest of the show is taken up by his friends coming to their own version of a 'rescue'.

I've enjoyed 'Quads' a lot but this in particular. It's hugely funny from the beginning to its 'ominous' end!

Has anyone heard of this as well?
gz

htb21

Post by htb21 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:09 am

heck ya i watch it all the time, i am not a huge fan though i do like it and, i do agree that is one of the better episodes, i do really like the teletoon show on before it called the undergrads, my favorite episode is when the computer guy meets the girl trying to hack into his computer that was a good ep! :)