New Game Cosmic Angel

A forum dedicated to reporting and discussing Anime and Manga style media
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
gynoneko
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Cyborg

New Game Cosmic Angel

Post by gynoneko » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:27 pm

I ran into this new game which is a sort of dating sim game or something similar with a female robot character. It is called Cosmic Angel and is going to be an iPhone and Browser game, where you interact with a character called Crimrose. Apparently she has different outfits, but is basically a "female humanoid robot". It looks really adorable, and I have to wonder if it will be any good, or cost anything (looks free right now). Comes out this "winter", but there is a teaser download on the iPhone.

http://angel.crimrose.jp/
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

TW

Re: New Game Cosmic Angel

Post by TW » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Move over, Siri. You've got competition XD

Really, though, who WOULDN'T want a cute virtual assistant on their phone? You could design them a la 3D Custom Girl and use them as an assistant on any networked device you own. Need directions or to dictate a text? She's on your phone. Want to run a web query, dictate a document or play a movie? She's on your desktop. Want to record a TV show or know when it's playing? There she is on your TV.

Sorry to hijack this thread with a futurist rumination, I just like to think that this stuff may be a reality one day.

Good find!

gynoneko
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Cyborg

Re: New Game Cosmic Angel

Post by gynoneko » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:55 pm

Actually I would love a personal digital assistnat robot girl on my phone that did more than just be an assistant. Siri is awesome and all (I use it all the time), and can be quirky and funny at times too, but you can't carry a conversation with it. A game like this is one where you can carry a conversation of sorts, but if you ask her to find you the closest gas station, I doubt she'd be much help. Merging these two, and going beyond, is a dream come true. To have a robot girl on my phone that would not only be able to do real-world stuff (like change music, find restaurants, schedule events, set up reminders, etc.) but also have a personality and be able to carry on a conversation for fun is what I dream to have. In fact, one of my stories has a character like this in it. I just hope some day to see this really happen. Maybe this little app is a step in the right direction, but how much of it is play and how much of it is useful?
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May