Read Gunnm and Angel Cop

A forum dedicated to reporting and discussing Anime and Manga style media
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Esomark
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: Read Gunnm and Angel Cop

Post by Esomark » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:15 am

http://www.mangareader.net/battle-angel ... -order/109

The ZOTT's finally over and man, that wormhole in Gally's body is pretty mindblowing!

I wonder if Kodansha USA will have to takeover the US publication from Viz since Vol. 16 is the last with Shueisha.

Rona87
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Rona87 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:35 am

I love the manga very much, thanks for sharing, I see the series again... :D
Love fetish, Love Zentai suit

gynoneko
Identification: Cyborg

Post by gynoneko » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:53 am

Again... please support it by BUYING A COPY! I love this manga, and I have purchased every volume. If you just read it online, the company will have no reason to publish or distribute it anymore, and it will vanish... the company and the manga.
So please, support your local stores, support your publishers, support your favorite authors/artists, BUY BOOKS!

/rant
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Bought it, too. Like the other 300 mangas on my shelf. Don't buy anime though.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:20 am

gynoneko wrote:Again... please support it by BUYING A COPY! I love this manga, and I have purchased every volume. If you just read it online, the company will have no reason to publish or distribute it anymore, and it will vanish... the company and the manga.
So please, support your local stores, support your publishers, support your favorite authors/artists, BUY BOOKS!

/rant
I buy the physical copies as well as reading it online. I've requested it at the local comic store and have driven to stores a good distance from where I live to purchase it.
I certainly prefer having the physical copy in my hands when I can get it.

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:02 am

Sorry of that came off sounding preachy or like I was targeting anyone. I just really hated all my local book stores closing down one at a time like they have in the last 2 or so years. I was hoping to remind people to support their local stores and all that because I know too many people (like myself) who have lost their jobs in this economy and I want to prevent even more unemployed friends.
- Brian May

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:59 am

gynoneko wrote:Sorry of that came off sounding preachy or like I was targeting anyone. I just really hated all my local book stores closing down one at a time like they have in the last 2 or so years. I was hoping to remind people to support their local stores and all that because I know too many people (like myself) who have lost their jobs in this economy and I want to prevent even more unemployed friends.
I had to drive 70 km to find a decent manga book shop, so I usually shop there only on an occasion when visiting friends in the area. Usual bookstores in Germany only have a small collection of manga, most of it intended for a screaming teenie girls audience. I thought it was annoying until I found out the the biggest nationwide manga+anime club in Germany has >70% women in it. Most of them being screaming teenie girls, to get you the right impression. :roll:
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:38 am

darkbutflashy wrote:I had to drive 70 km to find a decent manga book shop, so I usually shop there only on an occasion when visiting friends in the area. Usual bookstores in Germany only have a small collection of manga, most of it intended for a screaming teenie girls audience. I thought it was annoying until I found out the the biggest nationwide manga+anime club in Germany has >70% women in it. Most of them being screaming teenie girls, to get you the right impression. :roll:
Heh, opposite here in the States! Shounen battle manga or gorey seinen titles tend to be everywhere I can buy manga. It's a little difficult to find something that doesn't focus totally on big muscular guys beating the snot out of eachother or seeing someone slashed apart or shot to death. Fortunately, some of the stores in Austin have some variety like Oh my Goddess!, CLAMP, and Ken Akamatsu's works, along with Alita. I do find it odd that Hokuto no Ken has never had a complete official translation here, though. Same with Bastard!! and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure but there was also music rights involved with those.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Esomark wrote:Heh, opposite here in the States! Shounen battle manga or gorey seinen titles tend to be everywhere I can buy manga
It was the same in Germany 10 years ago. The end is near.
Fortunately, some of the stores in Austin have some variety like Oh my Goddess!,
On my shelf up to volume 42. Perfect fit for me.
CLAMP
Aww, that's for the screaming girls, especially "X". "Wish" was nice, though.

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am

darkbutflashy wrote: On my shelf up to volume 42. Perfect fit for me.
Just got 41 a while ago. I also got my first kiss in a long time by introducing my best female friend to the series. :wink:

Anyways, on the subject of Gunnm, I finally got a copy of Last Order 7 (Out of print here) which I needed to fill in my collection gap. Finding a copy that's under $50-100 or isn't an ex-library copy (Made the mistake of accidentally purchasing two. Never doing that again) is a rarer sight than an UFO.

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 pm

I know this is probably already out there online, and I'm sure most of you have already read it...

But if you guys are interested in a physical copy AND want to support the import of such a great title... in the USA, volume 16 of "Battle Angel: Last Order" JUST came out today. I love the cover! Can't wait to read it.

- Brian May

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:02 am

Yeah, I picked that one up near the end of last year. I also got 17 when it came out earlier this year. The new Kodansha covers do indeed look awesome. Very elegant and refined.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF0hEsUmm9Q

This is bad news for James cameron.
I guess is karma for naming his last movie "Avatar" making the other avatar movie change its name.