Neon Wasteland

A forum dedicated to reporting and discussing Anime and Manga style media
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
BD
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Neon Wasteland

Post by BD » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Extyr

Re: Neon Wasteland

Post by Extyr » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:46 pm

The artist is talented and I follow him/her on deviantart, but I'm wary of kickstarters now (I've backed mighty number 9, yooka-laylee and timespinner for way too much money) and particularly comics as those rarely have the full story planned and each issue requires its own fundraising.

BD

Re: Neon Wasteland

Post by BD » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:21 am

i follow him on patreon, so let's give a fully mixed reassurance/confirmation.

yes. Each issue will require a kickstarter.
yes. The artist is talented, but since this is an animated comic with Augmented Reality extras, it also means that while more than half of the comic is already complete it will take a while to fully complete.
fact is that the artist has a job (he's a teacher) and does this comic as a "side job" just the kickstarter video alone took him 3 months to animate but that's just because he really wanted to be ready for the kickstarter

however also:
yes. the story is already planned and has a full start middle and end. He teaches art and story structure, so, yes, he knows his job. It will be 2 to 3 issues long. You can see half of the first issue on an old heavy Metal Magazine from a few months ago. And yes that issue already has part of the AR stuff in it (it is not interactive).
yes. what you get from this kickstarter is already nearly complete. As i said he's barely sleeping this day to make it so that once the kicstartert ends he'll ne an hair's breadth away from publishing.