Demokratia

A forum dedicated to reporting and discussing Anime and Manga style media
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
BD
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Demokratia

Post by BD » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:45 am

I just heard the synopsis of this one. It should be about a female android built for a social experiment and then each of her decisions governed by popular demand. Basically "twitch plays pokemon" but with a gynoid.

that's all i heard.

Anybody with actual info? or chapters to download?

the only stuff i got was from Baka Updates
Dēmokratía tells the tale of a secret social experiment led by two Japanese engineers of having an android every move, expression and decision decided through a majority vote from a collective of ca. 3000 randomly chosen people.
The vote system offers the opportunity to any member of the collective to set forward his/her proposition. The 3 most proposed actions as well as two propositions made only once are submitted to the majority vote.
Rules and systems have been set to ensure the dynamism of that community, and to prevent identification of people and places where the android evolves in modern-day Japan.
And so the Dēmokratía android came to life.

KinoLangDanzel
Identification: Cyborg

Re: Demokratia

Post by KinoLangDanzel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:56 am

BD wrote:I just heard the synopsis of this one. It should be about a female android built for a social experiment and then each of her decisions governed by popular demand. Basically "twitch plays pokemon" but with a gynoid.

that's all i heard.

Anybody with actual info? or chapters to download?

the only stuff i got was from Baka Updates
Dēmokratía tells the tale of a secret social experiment led by two Japanese engineers of having an android every move, expression and decision decided through a majority vote from a collective of ca. 3000 randomly chosen people.
The vote system offers the opportunity to any member of the collective to set forward his/her proposition. The 3 most proposed actions as well as two propositions made only once are submitted to the majority vote.
Rules and systems have been set to ensure the dynamism of that community, and to prevent identification of people and places where the android evolves in modern-day Japan.
And so the Dēmokratía android came to life.
I've read some tidbits of the manga and skimmed over the chapters. Since I don't understand the language (I think its French, or at least the one I'm reading is) I was pretty much lost in what the heck was going on other than the main thing being (just as the synopsis said) is that their is a gynoid and her decisions are based by popular demand. My initial skimming found some very nice images here and there. If ya want to read it, go to this site called mangas-fuki.com.
My Friend: "There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those who suck and those who don't suck. You, my friend, suck."
Me: *puts on sunglasses* "And you swallow."
YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

-Avatar made by Battery. Thanks, friend :thumbsup:

BD

Post by BD » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:55 pm

I'm not extremely fluent in french, but in any case here's my attempt at abridging the plot for your convenience:
- two guys build an extremely advanced robot as a social experiment
- About 300 random people get invited into the experiment and they can control the robot via an interface of "majority vote" to let her do something.
- the robot goes around and hitchhikes, the driver is a pervert and asks her openly if she wants to go to bed with him. The robot refuses, the driver becomes desperate, dumps the robot, and kills a bunch of people by mowing them down with his car.
- Then one of the two boys who built the robot fucks it, but the people governing it come online with him fucking the robot and they retaliate by having the robot kill him and dump him on a bench.
- The robot goes rogue, charging up at random spots in the town while people online discuss what they made her do.
- The remaining of the two guys searches the robot, he meets a girl, and she understands that he is one of the creators of Demokratia. She tries to blackmail him, or she will spill to the police what his robot did.
- Meanwhile the robot meets a dying cancer patient and tries to make his last days comfortable. At one point she gets accosted by two kreeps and beats them into submission.
- The people governing the robot give up on trying to save the man, mostly because they cannot see faces (they get blurred in robo-vision to respect the privacy of othwers) and thus they do not understand that the man wants to reunite with his dead daughter.
- Remaining creator the robot finally finds the robot and brings it back to his lab. Just in time because one other of the people governing the robot had almost found it in order to give it to the police for the battery and death of the second creator. However the remaining creator can't get rid of the blackmailing girl and ends up revealing everything.
- The lab gets attacked by the two kreeps (plus two other people as reinforcement) that had been beaten before by the robot. They kidnap them into the woods and then try to kill and rape (in this order) the girls. People governing the robot start going berserk on the kill command. Of the four kidnappers, none remains alive.
- The remaining creator finally finds the van and gets taken by the police because he tries to comfort the remaining assaulted girl (the blackmailer).
- The people governing the robot realize what they made her do. They quit in horror/fear/disgust. All but 11 of them. 6 maniacs and 5 SJW trying to stop the maniacs.
- Since the maniacs are the majority, they realize what the robot can do and how strong she is. They make her raid a nuclear enrichment facility in order to build a nuclear bomb.
- The remaining creator spills everything to the police, including how to find the robot.
- The robot gets confronted by the police and the nuclear enrichment plant. She gets badly damaged, but she kills everyone and escapes with the enriched plutonium.
- The creator steps into the demokratia forum and uses his knowledge to stop the robot while she is fleeing on the street. And destroy it with a well accelerated police car.
- The creator learns that one of the maniacs is in fact a very advanced AI which used his experiment to further herself so that now she knows how to behave in the presence of humans.
- Several months later the creator and blackmail girl are married and with a baby in the oven. The two go to a robotics fair and marvel at how the world is advancing commercial robots. In particular they marvel at a commercial robot which is extremely fluent in natural language.
- The comic ends with the fluent robot dropping to the remaining creator a very positive hint that "she" is the AI that was with the Demokratia maniacs. DUM-DUM-DUGANNNN!

http://www.mangas-fuki.com/series/demokratia/

Extyr

Post by Extyr » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Seems depressing, I think I'll pass on this one or just read the good parts. Dommage pour une fois que c'était en français...

BD

Post by BD » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:58 am

c'est la vie

T-elos/Thurosis

Post by T-elos/Thurosis » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:18 am

look through the entire thing, in my opinion, lame,... because it's actually not a robot , a marionette is more exact. Because people are voting for the next action of this marionette....
Exact the the creation and descruction at the end nothing good to see.....
always only talk talk and more talk discribing their own story...
~Everything is learnable! It only depends on the efforts that you give yourself!~

~ take a look at my at my Gallery :D http://www.thurosis.deviantart.com ~

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:09 pm

That Premise tho.

JohnFabar4

Post by JohnFabar4 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:04 am

Why does the gynoid have a kill option. I mean if it's democratic vote over several options it kinda makes sense. but even give people the option?. I may be overthinking it but since the gynoid isn't sentient then why give it a kill option at all? normally the argument would be to make it act more human but it's not even an AI so seems like a dumbass decision. :?:
Last edited by JohnFabar4 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T-elos/Thurosis

Post by T-elos/Thurosis » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:43 am

Yes, i agree
~Everything is learnable! It only depends on the efforts that you give yourself!~

~ take a look at my at my Gallery :D http://www.thurosis.deviantart.com ~

Extyr

Post by Extyr » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:36 am

It's the users themselves who preprogram movements for the android. How they do this in real time when something unexpected hapens is a mystery. In fact the whole real time thing is stupid. You can't type and vote for each action without some kind of pause and that would look very unhuman.

Yeah I skimmed it over after all and it wasn't very good, as I thought.

JohnFabar4

Post by JohnFabar4 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:35 pm

Had a fantastic idea. Battery you mentioned that you like the premise. someone should write a story. but do it twitch style where the first comment gets to decide what the fembot does. it be like a play by play thing except everyone on the forum could decide. not sure if already done here but it sounds like fun a fun idea . :devil:

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:55 pm

that would be cool. I would give my pen for a communal project like that, as long is full of awesome.

Mixgull

Post by Mixgull » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:58 pm

So... how do that will work out John? whit drawings? or an animation?

JohnFabar4

Post by JohnFabar4 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:01 am

probably just text. one designated story writer writes a chunk of story and then either A. he places a vote for several options or B. he picks the first suggestion that comes up. both have their advantages. and admittedly this kinda thing proabbly going to lean towards comedy rather than the rather dark places demokratia took.

course can't predict how it will turn out but seems like a cool idea.

Mixgull

Post by Mixgull » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:29 am

Ok, so when begging?

JohnFabar4

Post by JohnFabar4 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:57 am

begging
?

Mixgull

Post by Mixgull » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:33 am

Fucking autocorrect, when do it start

JohnFabar4

Post by JohnFabar4 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:52 am

hmmm. not sure. it seems like something there should be a set date, so that we can have a large enough pool for the vote.

Mixgull

Post by Mixgull » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:22 am

Yeah,let's wait a little bit more. Just to know if someone else wants to be part of this idea

JohnFabar4

Post by JohnFabar4 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:27 am

maybe we should make a new topic, cause this seems like it could become a popular thing if we get enough people.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:11 am

The results could be added to the wiki to make a little story containing both text and pictures using the "follow your plot" format for extra sweetness.

JohnFabar4

Post by JohnFabar4 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:28 am

good idea! i'd be fine with just a story but with images . maybe to make it less work it could be like a weekly thing? first chunk then a vote followed by another story bit?