Content Creators Need Your Feedback.

News about content for sale and subscription sites.
User avatarKishin
Fembot Central Staff

Content Creators Need Your Feedback.

Postby Kishin » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:02 am

Guys (and ladies), I'm really embarassed to have to say this, but you need to speak up and talk to our content creators.

:evil: Seriously. :evil:

I know some of you do already (King Jeremy is a legend for doing this all the time), and it is appreciated.
But for every King Jeremy, there's literally 20 or 30 of us who quietly sit there and say nothing.
I'm guilty of it too. It's hard to put yourself out there and email these folks unless you're requesting a custom or something.

But we need to do it and get better about doing it.

I've had some long talks with some of our content creators and after hearing how demoralized and angry they are about not hearing a peep from us.
Yes, there's something to be said for talking with your wallet. Paying for content is always good. Money definitely fucking talks.

:nerd: But those performers need feedback on what they do. Especially those who work on sites like Manyvids that have rating systems and review systems. Those Content creators (and there's several), need those reviews and ratings, not only to make content you'll enjoy, but also to help promote their work to those outside of this board/fetish.

I used to wonder why Ashley Fires suddenly dumped us like a burning coal, and never said a word about it. After hearing from the other content creators, I'm not surprised anymore. I'm sure she felt like the majority of us were assholes who were never satisfied and made excuses about why they didn't want to pay for her stuff. I'll be honest, if I were a content creator who was under the perception that my audience was a bunch of impossible to please assholes, I'd say fuck it and work on content for the audience that showed me some love. :nope:

Guys, I'd give my left nut to get Ashley Fires back into making stuff for us again. I guess I'm just gonna have to commission something. :cry:

We've got creators like Frank at Robolust who have faithfully stuck with us year after year, and then of course we've got well-known, and praised content creators like Diana Knight, Ludella Hahn, Kendra James, Angela Sommers, etc. And then we have the less spoken of content creators like Evangelion Winter, Fifi Foxx, AniErotika, Dixieland Fetish, Mizz Amanda Marie, HeroineUniverse and lots of others.

They work hard to give us a little enjoyment, and they deserve to hear from us from time to time. Not bitching about what they're doing wrong, not being condescending about how such and such is really good, and they should try to be more like them. But honestly saying, "Hey I appreciate your work on our stuff. I'm happy to buy it." It's that simple. Just a few words of encouragement, or a review of their stuff here, or on the appropriate sites where they sell it. You'd be surprised how much a little gratitude would do for these wonderful ladies who work hard for us.

And it's okay to suggest stuff to content creators, especially if they ASK you what they could be doing better: "Hey can you do something like this?" etc. Maybe they can. Maybe they will surprise you. Just be humble about it and don't come off condescending.

I'm tired of losing content creators because of the perception that we're too hard to please, or not forthcoming with praise for their work. I don't want to lose anymore, always hearing the excuses "Well I've gotten zero feedback, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong" or "It doesn't matter how I do it, I never seem to get it right." Guys I know we all have different kink aspects that we want to see. Some of us like monotone speech, others like robot movement, etc. Rather than concentrate on the negative, just say something about the shit the content creator got right, "I really loved that outfit," etc. Say something nice, leave a good review either here or on the site you bought it from, and let's try and flip this negative image that's driving content creators away. :thumbsup:

I really do appreciate the folks who are part of this community and I've known some of you for a HELL of a long time. Some of you I've only just met in the last year or so, and you're so fucking impressive and awesome. Show these Content Creators how awesome you really are. :thumbsup:

TLDR: LEAVE REVIEWS ON VIDEOS AND DROP AN EMAIL TO YOUR CONTENT CREATORS ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU ENJOYED THEIR STUFF! :faceoff:
"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today. But the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." - Isaac Asimov

Re: Content Creators Need Your Feedback.

Postby Stephaniebot » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:49 am

Not strictly related, but it would act as an aid to content creators.

On the regularly mentioned matters of face plates/body panels on here, which have cropped up in the turn on threads started here, would people be prepared to go the 'extra mile' money wise for stuff like this. Body panels especially are going to cause extra costs for creators, as discussed, they can be done, but its not easy, and shading wise, would be easier to do in black and white film, not color, as it will hide the less than probably perfect panel to flesh match?
But would anyone be interested if not in color, and if done in color, would some only complain about the color match issue?

Face plates are slightly less challenge (hood/masks), but would still need custom made masks, so involving extra costs. Again, are people prepared to pay more to cover that kink?

I'd love to know the answers, and I'm not going to create content (I'm 60, for ffs) unless its a full body robot suit, and they dont seem overly popular, judging by the polls. But if anyone wants that, and can set something up, count me in, if people would buy?

Maybe the real content creators, and I admire, and am jealous of a lot they do (as actress) would like to add similar questions to this. If they do (and I already have), lets have a few answers, folks, OK?

Great thread, Kishin.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:39 am

I agree with what Kishin says, and feel I must urge our lurkers and quiet members to be more vocal. Your silence is driving away creators. Your silence is driving away producers. Our community now has a reputation for being unappreciative and even ungrateful. We need to change that, so please, start leaving comments! Start leaving feedback! It costs you nothing, and it means the world to those who put so much time and effort into producing what you enjoy.

xerxes31415

Postby xerxes31415 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:10 am

Kishin,

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback on this matter.

I just wanted to clarify one thing from your post. I agree that money definitely talks, but does submitting comments really help without the backing cash?

Personally, I would love to be able to pay for content, especially content in a fetish that is my primary fetish. However, I just don't have the financial means to spare the cash for it.

When I see these content producer's content posted on various websites, should I send some praise in the form of comments? (Obviously, this is assuming it's posted on the content producer's account on these websites, so they will get benefit from the comment.)

-Xerxes

User avatarKishin
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Kishin » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:35 am

Xerxes, you'd be shocked at how much free stuff some of the content creators have given away to me, not just because I'm a mod here. But because I took the time to acknowledge their talents and give them appropriate feedback. A lot of these creators aren't just in it for the money. If they were, our niche fetish wouldn't pay their rent for a month. So largely they are working for our benefit for money, but also a genuine love for what we love. I think this is especially true for Evangelion Winter and Levi. They've literally been cranking out tons of stuff lately and no one's even given them a mention. And AniErotika, as well as Belle Loxeley has posted free videos for us on several occasions.

I'm not saying, "Talk sweet to them and get free stuffs," but I bet they would be a lot more understanding and maybe even flip you a video or at least solicit some honest, heartfelt discussion on what they could do for you. Take the time to get to know them. They play robots, but they aren't just robot making machines.

Most of us here at FC are fairly well-spoken (at least in E-speech) and can craft an email taking 5 minutes to tell these ladies and gentlemen how much we appreciate their work for us.
That's all I'm asking you to do. Show them that we're not a bunch of toxic assholes who can never be satisfied when it's not "tier 1 fembot content".

We're driving people AWAY from our fetish, and this site and community was started to EMBRACE people into it.
Each of us is an ambassador for our fetish, it's not up to just Robotman, King Jeremy, and the few of us who helped start this thing back in the early 90s.
It's up to all of us.
"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today. But the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." - Isaac Asimov

Postby Lithorien » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:42 am

Kishin wrote:We're driving people AWAY from our fetish, and this site and community was started to EMBRACE people into it.
Each of us is an ambassador for our fetish, it's not up to just Robotman, King Jeremy, and the few of us who helped start this thing back in the early 90s.
It's up to all of us.

Ok, I feel the need to chime in here, because there's a real problem with that line of thinking. I have talked to creators and offered up praise, suggestions, and frankly, cash for productions they put out. Creators like Diana Knight (multiple discussions, was subscribed to her fan club thing for going on 3 years before she quit, subbed due to her ASFR work and she knew it), Galiana Chance (multiple phone sessions with her, plus purchased all of her recordings), Sweet Delilah (purchased every ASFR item she put out), Madame Y (Discussions, and purchased some of her work), and Ludella Hahn (Patreon regular, purchase her ASFR work whenever it's produced) come to mind.

With the exception of Ludella Hahn, who rarely does ASFR work anymore near as I can tell, none of them are around anymore. With a 20% success rate, why should I engage with creators who are showing that frankly, they don't want to engage with us? To claim we're driving people away from the community implies that what - we need to be even more engaged with them? How? If money isn't exchanging hands, what right does anyone have - unless the creator offers the goods up for free and solicits comments - to say a damn thing to them?

Seriously, what do you, or Robotman, or Stephaniebot want us to do about any of this? Apparently supporting with our "dollar votes" (to quote one of my Econ professors) isn't enough - so what?

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:19 pm

This post isn't aimed at you, it's aimed at the people who are buying and not leaving feedback. This is a message to the people who keep buying, and never say anything about it at all.

There are far more lurkers who buy content from these creators, but then flat out refuse to leave feedback - even when asked. And yes, our community is the worst for it. Those individuals who have done everything they can to support people who make content for us are wonderful, and are not the issue.

Postby Uncom » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:30 pm

FoF you owe me 5€

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:38 pm

Uncom wrote:Image

FoF you owe me 5€

Seriously?

We're asking people to leave more feedback for content creators and it devolves into this?

Postby FaceoffFembot » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi, I apologize for the flippant delivery but I stand by my point that the drying up of semi-pro fembot content is generated by

a) the general high turnover rate of the adult industry

b) that we're not enough of a sizeable market

c) that fembot content is often taken for granted and consumed in ways that do not profit producers

and not by a lack of emotional payoff, which

a) blurs the professional relation between producer and customer

b) is to many (imho) to awkward to comfortably express

The only way I see to counter this "drought" is actually, as said before, "vote with our dollars".

PS: apologies for speaking in such crude terms of Mrs. Diana Knight, who I hope is living her best life, and whose production has been a boon.

Next

Return to Commercial Updates