Robot love doll design

News about content for sale and subscription sites.
Bryanthefigureman
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Robot love doll design

Post by Bryanthefigureman » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi there everyone! Bryan the figure man here. I wanted to start off by stating plainly im here for research and feedback. Im working as a commissioned artist for a sexdoll company in china called beautiful dolls.com. check em out. They have great stuff at fair prices.

With the advent of robotics in said doll industry, it became painfully obvious that there are no robot themed designs, in essence, no dolls that "look" like androids or robots. All efforts seem trained on the actual robotics involved, which is great, but most people wont have the funds for a 10k plus investment.

I pitched the idea to my correspondent that a robotic looking doll would be a great way to bridge the gap price wise.

What i would like if the FC management agrees, is to take a poll on just how many of the members here are interested in a doll like that.

As to the feedback part, that will involve all you guys or gals posting in response as to the things you like aesthetically in a sexy robot design.

If this all goes according to plan, i will take your suggestions and pick all the ideas that i get the most of and apply it to the final design.

This is still at the very fetal stage and i cannot say for certain the company will go for the idea, but i and the members here are all robot enthusiasts. The more votes i can poll the more likely it is this will happen.

Thanks everyone!

jolshefsky
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Re: Robot love doll design

Post by jolshefsky » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:48 am

Bryanthefigureman wrote:beautiful-dolls.com
(Fixed it.)

I'm sure you'll find as many different ideas as there are people here. But for what it's worth, I'd say visible seams would be the easiest thing to accomplish and the most bang-for-the-buck. Embedding an electronic project box inside the doll's body with some way to make it an access panel (removable section of skin) would be another inexpensive boon–being able to put one's own electronics inside would be appealing. Access panels will likely be favored around the genitals or belly, in the upper back between the shoulders, and in the head. Finally, a removable face would be appealing although that's a bit more involved–RealDoll has this unintentionally with some of their dolls, but they don't advertise there being space to put electronics inside.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

ChocolateKeys

Post by ChocolateKeys » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:22 am

See the FW gallery and I sure you will have a bunch of ideas
English isn't my first language (and still isn't a second...). So, if i commit some mistake, PLEASE inform me.

Mah Gallery: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?ti ... colateKeys

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm

Personally, I like my fembots to be fairly human-looking, with the only hints that they're robowomen being removable panels (abs, chestplate, lower back, faceplate, anywhere that'd make sense) and possibly (not always) seams.

Bryanthefigureman

Post by Bryanthefigureman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks so far everyone! I should probably note that some things may not be practical, such as removable panels.

The nature of these dolls would make for very floppy and ugly panels. Its more a themed appearance im looking for.

This doesnt mean i wont initially include them in the design. I just want to say now that they may not be up for it. The face removal is perhaps doable as i myself am working on a custom head for my own robo-babe and due to the nature of assembly the face is a separate element.

Still new to how forums work. Never needed one till now. I will try to get the poll started soon so check back often and thanks again! As soon as i get the completed poll and enough great ideas i will of course post the final design(if im allowed to before it goes to production)

Thank for all the support and i hope it takes off!

Extyr

Post by Extyr » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:05 am

Extyr wrote:Maybe something like this?
http://metrobay.eroticillusions.com/fre ... ver_01.jpg
Yes, that definitely could work, and not too complex a design either
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

MrMagoo

Post by MrMagoo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:16 am

Theoretically, I'd vote for seams and a model number somewhere, maybe some hard ports on the upper back or behind an ear.

I'd also be interested in...well, there comes a question of cost.

What exactly is the main source of production cost in dolls like this, and how much does not having to cleave to realistic human save on that cost? Is it sheer bulk? (Looking around, it seems that 3.5 ft dolls exist and are much cheaper, but those have...issues :/ )

Because if seams and the like actually SAVE cost by allowing different construction than an all-in-one build, plus not having perfect skin color, or even details like ears and fingernails...

Actually, how much cost would be saved if the doll was mostly an articulated mannequin (hollow hard plastic) with the soft silicone bits being strategically placed components (face, breasts, belly, thighs, ass, vagina). Serious question. If the cost was REALLY low (as in, $500 instead of 2K), you might see sales not from robot fetishists, but from more conventional types to whom cost on such toys is a turn off.

Bryanthefigureman

Post by Bryanthefigureman » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 pm

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

To put a finer point on all this, these dolls are nothing more than a simple, posable steel frame with the shape of a body casted around it in silicone or TPE.

Not much deviation from that process is allowed. However this does not omit the possibility of panels that can open. Simple panel lines are the easiest route as they would be nothing more than accents sculpted as part of the overall body.

Panels that actually open could be possible, though i hesitate to give specifics as this has not been approved yet. Im hoping the poll will affect their decision on opting for open panels.

For the sake of ease in production im hoping to avoid any fasteners or magnets as this will add to the production costs and may simply be too difficult to produce.

As you can imagine there is little i can go into detail on as it is still in the design stage and I am honestly waiting for the poll to be complete before i work on the appearance.

I would also like to start another poll on the appearance of the body, as in what physique is looked for.

This will also drive the final look.
Thanks to all.