Importance of Sound fx

News about content for sale and subscription sites.

How important is mechanical sound fx?

Very important, its what makes it seem real
48%
Important, but i can live without it
30%
Its doesn't help or hurt
13%
They are ok but i wish they were not there
4%
They put me off and don't want them in the movies
4%

Total votes: 23

EvangelinevonWinter
C4S Studio Owner
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Importance of Sound fx

Post by EvangelinevonWinter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:36 pm

The last few weeks we have been taking orders for customs and almost all of them have asked the we do not use any mechanical sounds during the editing. this has led me to wonder if its something that we are adding that most don't care for or don't care either way. Since adding the sound fx can add put to an hour or more per movie we want to make sure we are not doing something thats either not wanted or not important....so please answer and help us improve
If you have an issue that needs resolving right away contact Levi via twitter. its the 100% quickest way to get our attention.
https://twitter.com/WilfredoMelen12

KingJeremy

Re: Importance of Sound fx

Post by KingJeremy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:08 pm

What he said...:)

EvangelinevonWinter
C4S Studio Owner

Post by EvangelinevonWinter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Thankfully this can be rectified now. in the opts we were using imovie and editing sound files was a huge issue. But now that we are using premiere pro he can set all the sound files to a separate channel and then set all the sounds in that channel to one uniform decibel and then set how loud they should all be so thugs is something that can be fixed in future movies. For the time being the next batch of movies are all past customs so you will be seeing very little to no sound fx but thankfully the motions of the fembots sell them! lol
thanks again guys.
If you have an issue that needs resolving right away contact Levi via twitter. its the 100% quickest way to get our attention.

wjbaines
Technosexuality: Built

Post by wjbaines » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:37 pm

I agree with the above (volume level issue), but would add the following... and then tell you my overall recommendation, with the mutual understanding that I only intend here to speak for myself.

Simply put: It takes me out of it when the same effect is used over and over for different stuff and gets repetitive.

Sound effects, in my view, should be used with subtlety to enhance -- as subconsciously as possible -- the nature of the robot. They should be the dash of bitters in a proper whisky sour (which I am drinking right now... oh...). No one wants a whole shot of that shit.

My view, anyway.

tectile

Post by tectile » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 am

All of the above comments are right on target.

I've done some audio recording, mixing and editing in my time and it's a tricky thing to get right.

Keep things understated and subtle.

EvangelinevonWinter
C4S Studio Owner

Post by EvangelinevonWinter » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 am

Understood and will be imp,imented in future movies. We have three fembot movies coming with Hannah Perez so expect to hear new soundfx then as subtle, not loud and jarring.
thank you all