Was there an old article purge, and I just missed it?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
WilloWisp
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Was there an old article purge, and I just missed it?

Post by WilloWisp » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:16 pm

I recently started digging around on this message board, looking for some older threads I remembered, but somehow couldn't find them. Did we lose a bunch of threads in one of the prolonged downtimes FBC suffered a few months back?

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:57 pm

Robotman wrote:For a while, the board has been set to automatically "prune" old threads, so posts older than a few years (depending on the particular forum) have been deleted.
I hope pure text can convey the sense of dread in my voice here:

Deleted? Forever?!

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:32 pm

I don't know what the purge rules are, but it looks to me like everything in the Reports forum is still there. The first post goes back to May of 2002.

WilloWisp

Post by WilloWisp » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:29 am

Just as an example, I Magnus once posted multiple threads with the title "FEMBOT FANTASY," of which only part 10 currently remains.

http://www.fembotcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=3165

Assuming that pbpBB numbers every thread, and starts at 1, the earliest thread I can find is:

http://www.fembotcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=5

Posts 1-4 don't exist anymore, nor do posts 6 & 7. After that point, it's pretty hit-and-miss. I'm not coming across any old posts that don't show up in the normal forum view, either (something I was hoping might happen, but didn't).