Which presidential candidate would favor fembot technology?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
gaius_baltar

Which presidential candidate would favor fembot technology?

Post by gaius_baltar » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:10 am

Which presidential candidate would you think would be open to developing the technologies that would enable fembots/androids to exist?

The following are purely my opinions, ok:

If Al Gore had been president, we'd have fembots, more advanced technologies, and a cleaner environment. Despite 9/11, that is.

McCain Administration: Robot Wars in the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. Almost Orwellian society being enforced by an oppressive AI. Think SkyNet + RoboCop. (Thanks to the neo-con Bush Administration, we're almost there now.)

(Hillary) Clinton Administration: Fembot duplicate of President H. Clinton. (No Bill Clinton jokes please! I know. I'm thinkin' it too.) Same as if Al Gore were president.

Obama Administration: The Obama Bot! (Just Kidding!) Same as if Al Gore were president. Plenty of fembots with diversity in fembot looks.

Ron Paul Administration: Seeing that he is libertarian, there would be less government regulation. I'm not sure if that would be a good or bad thing.

Nader Administration: Safe fembots. Transparency in corporate practices. Otherwise, just as if Al Gore were president. Good times.

or

Technology will advance no matter who is president. Let the market decide.

I still make the argument that under the (Bill) Clinton Administration, there was focus on technology. Both the Internet and the Genome Project came about while William Jefferson Clinton was president. Imagine if Gore had continued the trend. Where would we be today?

Those are my thoughts. What do you think?

andoroido
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by andoroido » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:59 am

If Gore had been elected, the current ridiculously high gas prices would have been in put in effect in 2001 as gasoline taxes, multiplying the post 9/11 economic slump into a full blown depression.

The most important thing for the advance of leisure technologies like entertainment robots (and eventually fembots) is a healthy economy so people will have enough extra money to buy such things, and companies will have enough spare money to put into the research and startup of such things.

I don't think the President of the USA has much effect on the global economy anymore, but Presidents with Al Gore's kind of economic "vision" (putting their enviro-relgious jihad into effect, regardless of cost, or whether the grand plans will even help the Earth at all) if allowed to carry out their plans, can really screw things up.

The lucky thing is, the 2-party system of near-gridlock usually prevents anyone from enacting any big plans. And that's a good thing.

Libertarianism is the best chance.
No right-wing anti-AI, morality police. (Catholics are never gonna be happy with sexbots.)
No left-wing PC morality police. (Feminists are never gonna be happy with fembots.)

I guess that's why I live in Japan. ;)
Here,right-wing xenophobia means the government actually plans to solve their aging-society, labor-shortage problem not with increased immigration (which would mean more dirty FOREIGNERS!) but by having 3 million robot workers by 2025 (or was it 2050?).

Seriously, that's the official government policy.

So, in the end, whoever can keep Japan safe and prosperous until then, makes the best US President.

xodar

Post by xodar » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:55 pm

If it seems a popular issue they'll all imply they will help advance the technology while assuring others that they'll oversee a return to morality and give radical feminism total support.
They will not do much to fill any of these implied promises so no voters will get pissed off at them.
(Which is why we have ineffective leaders these days.)
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

petey
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by petey » Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

Considering John McCain is a Cylon, It wouldn't be surprising if his administration would bring us closer to fembots than the other candidates.

amazonophile

Post by amazonophile » Wed May 07, 2008 5:43 pm

I am so afraid of what is happening to our economy right now: :shock: with the value of the dollar in total collapse that no one will be able to afford a fembot(think with commodity prices skyrocketing including things like copper(electirical wiring) the increased price of metal will be passed onto the consumer. IMO we basically have three Keyenesian Democrats running(McCain is a Republican in name only) so it wont make a difference. Pretty soon we will all be selling apples on street corners for $10,000,000,000. (Can you say Weimar Republic style hyperinflation?)?
"New World Order" is an oxymoron.