When will come true?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Deep Blue

When will come true?

Post by Deep Blue » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:06 am

Actroid was the imagine previously, now many countries are making, like Japan, Korea. They are quite realistic. It seems not so far to the fembot world in movies. When will the robot extremely like humans mass- produced and become our part of life? What do you think?

amazonophile

Post by amazonophile » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Kishin wrote:Honestly not for about another 75 to 100 years.

Technology is still not sufficiently miniaturized and portable enough to handle mimicking what we do naturally.

Sure we'll get electronic lovedolls earlier than that, but in the end they'll just be big chunks of silicone, with some motors and maybe some crude optics and voice capabilities. They'll be connected to a wall socket by a power cord, and may or may not be able to walk on their own.
I have suspected for some time that us babyboomers will have to settle for basically what amounts to Realdolls with a motor in them. I guess that what you describe Kishin will be to sexbots what the Model T was to cars or what TV was like in 1952 to TV.
"New World Order" is an oxymoron.

Gorgo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Gorgo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:18 pm

I agree with Kishin's assessment of the situation. 75-100 years is a pretty good ballpark figure.
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. warship approaching it: This is a lighthouse; your call.

Deep Blue

Post by Deep Blue » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:54 am

As you find that the ladies around, their looking before make up and after make up can be miles away. You will feel that the world of fembot is not far away! :lol:

WinterRose
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by WinterRose » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:14 am

Actually, with the idea of catoms in the nearer future than articulated anthropomorphic mechanisms (Time frame: in the next 20 years) we may be looking more at interacting with t-1000'ish nano-models. The actual TECH isn't going to be a problem. The actual sex with a human shaped machine will happen in the boomer lifetime. One that will have sex back with YOU is the hard part. Without any manner of artificial intelligence, you're really going to be limited to something that responds to you along preprogrammed parameters. Not something that can initiate of its own volition.

That said... there's hope there too. With the advent of nano happening in our lifetimes as we sit and read these words, we have nano-solar cells that californian companies are mass producing and selling to power plants in europe. Thin as aluminum foil and can produce comparable amounts of energy that come out of your wall. THey'll be painting and coating houses and cars with this stuff in California in the next ten years.

So... with the advent of Nano, I'm looking more forward to the eventual gradual cyber-replacement of the human brain. Artificiality directed by a once human intelligence. And jumping from there? Analyzing the code of a cyberized intelligence will be the keys to creating true artificial intelligence. I honestly hope they develop THAT before I'm too old. Sign me up. Pour it into me. Let it do the work of liberating me from this dying meat. I want to live thousands of years.

So I'm a bit more optimistic about what may be coming down the line. And that right soon. Maybe what exposure I HAVE had will lead the experts who want to test it to contact me sometime. I'll certainly volunteer!

Steamboy
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Steamboy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:13 am

So, if the main problem is the artificial intelligence, why not to use live brains? I mean, women eager to have a radical body transformation, using this technology now in development, is less complicated to be done than creating intelligence from zero using surpassed electronics (a single chip could emulate a neuron, and the human brain has ten billion neurons, do the math )

xodar

Post by xodar » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:42 pm

Dr. Amens wrote:So, if the main problem is the artificial intelligence, why not to use live brains? I mean, women eager to have a radical body transformation, using this technology now in development, is less complicated to be done than creating intelligence from zero using surpassed electronics (a single chip could emulate a neuron, and the human brain has ten billion neurons, do the math )

That can be attacked as ghoulish just as the suggestion to combine living and electronic elements. (I'll admit that if the biological part died and the artificial part continued functioning the behavior would change and the bot would soon smell terrible.)

But the motive for many is simply that we're attracted to women but can't really get along with them. A bot would have "ideal" behavior -- no nagging, complaining, and so forth -- meaning that an artificial brain in a biological body would be better.

One can foresee the day this will be an actual controversy, with both possible....
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9