Stomach panels

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Tio

Stomach panels

Post by Tio » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:10 pm

I have been noticing that a lot of the modified fembot pics have girls with open stomach control panels. I was talking to a friend of mine about it and we came to the desicion that it was really impractical and unrealistic for these reasons:

1) She would need to be able to bend forward and thus due to faux muscles and internals having a panel there would inhibit that

2) You get knocked there a lot, from sex to pushing the chair into the desk too fast to dogs jumping up. You dont want it opening or getting damaged unexpectedly. It is squidgy on humans for a reason.

3) The panel would need a solid casing and mechanics behind it and thus would not be too comfy or may not fit.

4) You may need to access ports or maybe a small readout of system function but you shouldn't need to access the main control panel very often.

And thus we came up with solutions!

1) Put the panel on the skull casing, you just lift up the hair and skin at the back, hit a release button and the panel is unveiled. It also means it is really well protected too.

2) Have a mini read out located in the wrist, there is enough space to embed it in the bone and keep it well protected. The seam could also be covered by a watch if you planned to take her out. Ports are easily coverable as well.

3)You could have the control panel in the shoulder blade as it would be protected in the bone.

Anyway....thoughts?
"I wish I could at least 30 percent
Maybe 50 for pleasure then skip all the rest"

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:08 pm

I have been noticing that a lot of the modified fembot pics have girls with open stomach control panels.
I've noticed this as well.
We need a coupla new emoticons.

Korby
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Korby » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:00 pm

Agreed... the abdominal panel, if you think too hard about it, doesn't bear scrutiny. For what it's worth, I usually depict them more as maintenance access panels than control panels per se (the Dyson and Dyson-inspired units I generally work with lacking any kind of usual 'control panel'... they use their paplexus interface to connect to external diagnostic or servicing devices when needed, though that's a whole other tangent).

But sure, it's occurred to me that it's not really practical from a technological standpoint. If I worry about it much, I usually shrug and come to the conclusion that Dr. Dyson and her staff (or whoever else, as the case may be) have solved those problems--perhaps along such lines as Kishin suggests).

On an artistic level, I guess I think of it as a useful piece of visual shorthand which cries out, "Hey! This girl is a machine!" Plus which, I personally find it not just kinda but extraordinarily sexy. The female android with an open abdominal access panel is an image that goes back a long way with me, to fairly crude pencil sketches in my youth (all now lost, alas). Trying (admittedly with alarming frquency) to constantly recreate that image is just natural to me. I may not know much about art, as the man once said, but I know what I like. I'm always pleased when people compliment me on my work, but in the end I really do it mainly for my own enjoyment, and am happy to share it for those who dig that kind of thing.
"Oh shut up Ray don't talk about gettin' with a robot
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef
http://achewood.com

xodar

Post by xodar » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:59 pm

Likely the idea of stomach panels comes from old 19th century concepts of robots as purely mechanical and largely metal. It would be practical to have panels there if a robot were basically a locomotive.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Kishin wrote:Face panels too might be impractical, but I still adore them.
I was negative on the face-panel idea for a while – preferring instead the rear-access like in Mary-25 where the back of the skull opens. But then I saw a video of the X-Face system from RealDoll being used and changed my mind.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:03 pm

All in all... scientifically speaking... belly buttons are kinda sexy... but for an art standpoint... the stomach area is just a nice centrally located area to easily show that the woman standing in front of you just may not be human .... a panel there might not be PRACTICAL.... but it SHORE IS PURRTY!! -- minkwheel
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?

RobOught2

My tummy hurts...!

Post by RobOught2 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:01 am

1) She would need to be able to bend forward and thus due to faux muscles and internals having a panel there would inhibit that

Could this be offset in the future by nanobots making things more form fitting in front? Seemingly, but not on a different subject, I've always wondered why our roads have potholes now. No excuse. We should be able to have our roads repair themselve by having tiny bits of the road reorganize. When is someone going to invent that? Same with the stomach panel with the bending and clearing up seams.

The first time I saw a stomach panel it was on the original Star Trek where on of the Mudd's bots mascaraded as one of the security officers. When it was found out he was a bot, his stomach panel opened up and the camera zoomed in... Gee, that actor must have had a flat stomach!

2) You get knocked there a lot, from sex to pushing the chair into the desk too fast to dogs jumping up. You dont want it opening or getting damaged unexpectedly. It is squidgy on humans for a reason.

Keep it on an electronic lock when closed! Really though I am in agreement, not the best place for an access panel beyond the fact that its the only mostly flat place (on many people) on the body.

3) The panel would need a solid casing and mechanics behind it and thus would not be too comfy or may not fit.

Not if it is engineered right, but correct, better solutions here.

4) You may need to access ports or maybe a small readout of system function but you shouldn't need to access the main control panel very often.

If at all from the bot itself!

And thus we came up with solutions!

1) Put the panel on the skull casing, you just lift up the hair and skin at the back, hit a release button and the panel is unveiled. It also means it is really well protected too.

Wouldn't that be a pain? Getting the hair on and off especially from a first person (bot) point of view. The hair must be removable, and therefore could cause other problems such as the hair coming off unexpectedly. Then there is getting dirt, dust, and hair caught in the innards.

2) Have a mini read out located in the wrist, there is enough space to embed it in the bone and keep it well protected. The seam could also be covered by a watch if you planned to take her out. Ports are easily coverable as well.

I like this idea! Maybe have the watch look like an analog, ala roman numerals and hands, but at the bot's command brings up system read outs. Business 2.0 magazine released an issue where there is a new cell phone which can project an image on a wall. Movies, power point presentation, etc. Imagine the versatility this add on could have with a bot with such a watch that had that video imaging capability installed!

3)You could have the control panel in the shoulder blade as it would be protected in the bone.

Good, but again, not easy from a first person (bot) perspective to get access to the area. How could their hands move back there for example to get plugged in for a recharge?

Other thoughts....

How about that access method Winona Ryder used in one of those Alien movies. She played a bot who's access cable was a mole! She pulled it off as it acted like a cap to her cable, then plugged in!

Realistically though, my view is that the future will have no access port at all. Recharge will come through the mouth (isn't that how we do it as humans?). (Watch that kiss, you could be in for a shock!) But access to data, etc will be done wirelessly. Wireless is the future. We now have printers that we don't plug our computers into - we connect to them via our wireless network and print from that. The same will ultimately hold true to control and reprogram the perfect bot of the future.

This is after all, conjecture, right? :wink:

Rob

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:13 am

I was negative on the face-panel idea for a while – preferring instead the rear-access like in Mary-25 where the back of the skull opens.
This closely describes my p o v. In a way,ASFRians can see a pretty face and
the technology behind it. :)

BA2
Technosexuality: Built

Cool Topic!

Post by BA2 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:52 am

For me this whole thing is a compomise between fantasy and science project. Sometimes the most practical solution just isn't cool enough; my 2 pence worth:

Stomach panels - sure there are difficulties with the flexability issue but the flip side is that it is there are lots of sexy pictures to choose from with bare tummys to start manipping. I try and go for a look that suggests a soft flexible covering that flexes like flech with the articial muscles built into a thick removable panel that connects with the main skin all round when closed. The hard components are buried deep so as not to show or feel through the surface.

Head panels - I simply don't dig "face-offs". I love what they imply (she's a robot in BIG capitals) but for me expression is important to the back story of a pic. When the unit is being dismantles, reprogrammed, repaired, shut down, malfunctioning, caught out plugged in etc I like to see her face and her reaction to the situation: indifference, unaware, concerned, angry, helpless, arrogant, blank, mindless plastic smile or whatever. back of head panels I concede are a practical optiom but the hair is a problem for maniping (though probaly good camoflage for a panel. I've got a bice bald girl pic in progress but its a long job!

Wrist Watch - I've toyed with that idea a lot (caught myself eyeing up a few ladies with timepieces in a wierd way...!) I think it appeals because its "hidden in the open" and is pretty practical in many ways; she can simply touch terminals on the strap (or hidden beneath the watch) to matching terminals to establish a connection (fibre optic?). These could be on the arm of her chair, in a coat pocket or wherever. I like the idea of the 'bot being controlled (perhaps frozen in place) by the physically non-restraining light touch of her wrist against a contact. A sinilar concept is a ring on her finger, nothing to attract attention but it is built and wired into her and is a touch contact.

Limb Panels - These crop up sometimes and have the same difficulties practically as stomach panels. A thin rigid panel fitted onto a sexy thigh simply will not work!

Back - I like the back panel idea as it plays on the passivity of the android, she cannot even see what is being done to her let alone hope to carry out work on herself even if her programing allows. She is utterly reliant on technical assistance.

Auto-docking - I like the idea of a system which automatically penetrates (okay... I Know!) the android's access ports in an industrial manner. I think Bunnybot had a similar idea though I don't hold with the practicality of docking through "there" due to the potential moiture ingress! (The sheer human indignity - android indifference of that procedure goes a long way though!)

Pelvis - These days I am leaning towards pelvic access panels. The pelvis contains a big "non-flexible" area suitable for burying controls, has resonable access from front (paplexus as per Dyson) and rear (base of spine), is concealed from view during most daily activities so wouldn't require a perfect seam and - best of all - is an excuse to get her pants off to plug her in! Surely her sex systems can't fill the whole space?

Sternum to Collar Bone - seems a sensible control panel area as it is reasonably solid, chest is a good area for CPU etc. This has the practical advantage that most garments will allow access to the upper chest without stripping more than a button or two (a bit more acceptable if you need to access your bot in public).

Between the Breasts - offers similar practical advantages (solid base) for a small panel and would be camouflaged by clothing unless in an "intimate" situation; good excuse to take her bra off too. I don't really hold with the detachable nipples / boobs thing myself.

Below the Breasts - access upwards from the ??? Delta (where your rib cage spreads apart below the chest looks good to me. Here is the spot for a control panel without any cover if she is a bit more basic model. St the panel a few inches deep into her body and it would be well concealed in most everyday clothes yet easy enough to access by undoing or pulling up her top.

Detachable Limbs - to me this would be a pretty major job as there would be structural members, control, power and sensor feedback electronics, possibly fluid lines (sweat?) then the flesh layer would require connection, the join would have to be robust.

Overall my favourite combination is a realistic sexy android girl who can function as a woman in every way but who has a few subtle tell-tales that can be found (small controls, connection ports, decals or maybe a lack of detail to her more private areas where it wouldn't usually be noticed). She must have access ports as to me it is important that an android girl has regular maintenance, programming and repair.

As you can tell I think about this quite a bit - not a lot else to do where I am right now!

Hope you're not too bored,

BA

Oh yeah - by the way my G-F reckons that the reason low placed pelvic access ports are sexy is to do with the position of the human ovaries and the association of that part of the body with feminie fertility...?

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:07 am

Hope you're not too bored,
Not at all,especially when while reading I happened upon the AutoDocking
idea. :wink:

BA2
Technosexuality: Built

I hear you!

Post by BA2 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Girls say some strange shit!

BA

Deep Blue

Post by Deep Blue » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:45 am

Yes, I agree. Next time when open the bot, use a cutter to cut through the skin instead of opening the panels, like Arnold in the Terminator series. It maybe more realistic.
Last edited by Deep Blue on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jolshefsky

Re: Cool Topic!

Post by jolshefsky » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:33 am

BA2 wrote:Oh yeah - by the way my G-F reckons that the reason low placed pelvic access ports are sexy is to do with the position of the human ovaries and the association of that part of the body with feminie fertility...?
(It's amusing that we all pick up on such an off-the-cuff comment ...)

Personally I think it's for two reasons. First, like others have mentioned, there are lots of pictures where that part of the woman shows bare skin, and as such, it's an easy place to photomanipulate. Second, my eye has always been drawn to that area of a woman's body in real-world situations (often because it's bare but also) because it's one of the indicators of womanhood: it's the point where the hips begin. Bone-structure-wise (a.k.a. "aside from breasts") the spreading of the hips is a natural way to identify a sexually mature woman from any other human.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:12 pm

Auto-docking - I like the idea of a system which automatically penetrates (okay... I Know!) the android's access ports in an industrial manner. I think Bunnybot had a similar idea though I don't hold with the practicality of docking through "there" due to the potential moiture ingress! (The sheer human indignity - android indifference of that procedure goes a long way though!)
Just read this again... ok, damn I really like the idea!! I only expect to see
this portrayed in Japanese ASFR as might be too "freaky" or "misogynistic" for Westerners. :roll: Anyway...